Coyne Textile Services Employee Reviews in United States

The Manager I had Acted like he was God. Was Transferred in to "fix" things my Manager messed up.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 31, 2016
Get there at 4 a.m. look through work orders. Organize my day. Talk to my drivers see if they need me or anything from me. I learned deposits, balance sheets, route sheets and customer service.
Hardest part of my job was being gone 60-70 hrs a week from my family. Enjoyable part was weekends off
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no home time during week.
Too much favoritism and politics
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 9, 2016
Your growth potential was strictly controlled by your willingness to suck up to the Old Boys. They could do no wrong (there was more than one inappropriate conduct lawsuit settled) but promises made for advancement based on your work quality and dedication were kept or ignored at their whim. The company was top-heavy with presidents galore which financially hurt it. Revenue shortfalls were made up by constantly raising prices or adding new charges to existing customers, often against what contracts allowed. Overall I regret having dedicated two decades of my life to Coyne, only to get screwed on a promotion for which I had been allegedly groomed for years. I worked arduous hours, lived and worked out of town with a promise of "extra pay" for my efforts (which, amazingly, never materialized), and even had my per diems cut because too many upper-management travelers were abusing the arrangements. The most valuable thing I learned was to always get promises in writing from your employer, because in this case they were seldom kept.
Pros
Met a lot of nice people
Cons
Little reward relative to efforts made
Great job with flexibility of start times due to getting kids to school
Service and Sales Representative (SSR) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 24, 2015
8-10 days
learned custome rservice skills and customer retention
great tem of leaders and dept heads
best group of people I ever worked with, like a family
dealing with the elements/ driving conditions when operating a large vehicle
the customers and my co-workers
Pros
didn't have to punch a time clock
Cons
idiot drivers on the road
It would have been a good job with potential if not closing
MERCHANDISING CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCNovember 17, 2015
It started out like it was going to be a great job with good benefits. Then the word of bankruptcy came in to play. This was a uniform rental company and we had some very satisfied customers and the plant in Duncan was really growing.
Productive and fun
Merchandise Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of responding to all emails that have been sent, transferring work orders, ordering emblems, making sure all product is getting out on time. Servicing the customer with the upmost capability.

Making sure the warehouse is properly stocked with enough product to service customers.

Responsible in being a leader to my team of workers.

I've learned that hard work does pay off in the end as long as you keep at it and don't give up you will succeed.

The enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to show and prove to the person that hired you for the position that you can do the job/work.
Pros
hour lunches
fun workplace
Route Salesman (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAAugust 20, 2015
This job was the first job in my career. I was able to grow accounts and establish long term customer relationships. Although management was difficult at times we were able to maintain a good working relationship.
Bad
Salesman/ Route Man (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 16, 2015
Delivered product to customers. I enjoyed interacting with the customers but that was about it. That job was not for me at all.
Warehouse
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 12, 2015
I liked the job but it closed down the location of where is was before so I moved on and got a better job. It was a great learning experience
Coyne Textile Services
EXECUTIVE BUYER (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 20, 2015
The company cant get out of its own way, management favors other management that harasses and abuses its employees. Pay was low, benefits few and lay offs many.
Coyne Textie Sales/Service
sales service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 29, 2014
The company was a fantastic company to work for their were many advancement opportunities. The pay was great, the benefits were great and the staff and my team were out of this world.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
they closed their schenectady plant
learned alot on my own.
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VADecember 14, 2014
The day started Tuesday- Friday at 5AM til 5PM some days later.
I learned alot on my own by exploring Great Plains and /Smart Net. I actually loved it for the fact I was learning something new everyday. Co-workers where friendly as well as not so cord-gel.
The most challenging was to meet dead lines that I created for delivery of New accounts. The more challenging the better for me. I feel I do my best work the more I have to get done.
Pros
learning recieving, shipping, inventory stratagey's
Cons
family owned business
Workforce is great. Management is non existent
Load Puller (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VANovember 6, 2014
Poor pay, no reward for doing exceptional work.The only way to get ahead is to suck up to bosses. Management only seeks to cover their behinds and will drop anyone they perceive as a threat to their position. Theres a reason the Colonial Heights business is being sold, and it isnt the plant employees.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
clueless mangers
Worked with some great people
Merchandise Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 4, 2014
Long days and challenging work. Loved it. The process of merchandise. Management needed to work a little harder to communicate to make things run smoother. Great co-workers and employees. Communication with some departments. Seeing hard work pay off was the best part of the job when everyone came together.
Pros
the freedom i had to implement new ideas
Cons
7 days a week.
Old School
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 14, 2014
Old School, lack of resources. I have had to think outside of box to satisfy customers needs on a daily basis.
Cons
lack of resources
Horrible Place To Work... Stay Away!
Assistant to GM (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 10, 2014
I took the job thinking there was great opportunity and how nice it would be to work for a company that has been around for quite a bit of time. I quickly realized after taking the job that the place has a lot going wrong for it. First, the technology and phones are from the 80's, and the software used to manage all the customer accounts is out of date, and difficult to use. Secondly, there is a huge lack of proper management and leadership. Leadership is uneducated on how to manage in the 21st century and is quick to fire employees without giving them reviews and setting goals and objectives so they know they are meeting expectations. The company has no goal or vision for the future of the organization. If I could turn the clock back, I would have never accepted the position to work for this company and stayed at the job I was at.
Pros
nothing
Cons
employees treated like trash and not respected.
out on my own
sales and service rep (Current Employee) –  smithboro nyAugust 4, 2014
in my own opinion the overall job is ok but it lacks proper management
Pros
out on my own
Cons
outside in the winter
Not a bad place to work
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 3, 2014
Management was horrible, but the job was not to bad. Route driving is great you get to see the open road and meet new people.
Great company and great family to work for
Rsr and district manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse New YorkMay 16, 2014
I worked out of syracuse ny my dad also worked for company.i found the owners were very fair and wouldnot ask you to do anything they would not do or have not done there self I would still be working there if you did not have to start at bottom again.based on seniority not job performance but would be good place to get into management where they can base you on performance not seniority.i really enjoyed my time there.i worked there on a few different occasions and would go back if it was not a seniority type job.
Pros
great family to work for
Cons
a lot of seniority based jobs
Fun Place to work
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYMay 9, 2014
Delivery products to customers. order new products/ uniforms for customers. do run backs to stops missed or closed earlier in week or day.
Pros
interacted with customers, not always doing same thing every day
Cons
lack of communication in managment
Fair place to work.
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 26, 2014
Worked too many hours. Direct supervisor always tried to help, but was limited at times.
Hardest part of the job was the hours.
Pros
respectful direct report. good co-workers.
Cons
too many hours, so family life suffers!

2.8