Cozen O'Connor Employee Reviews

The company as a whole is a good place to work just not the department that i worked in.
Conflicts Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2017
Cozen O'Connor as a whole is a good place to work. The department that I was in became a horrible place. There is no room for advancement, the management in the department is awful. They don't take into consideration that you may have a family. The work was stressful and fast paced, although I enjoyed that aspect. The most enjoyable part was the my coworkers both in the department and out of it. The attorneys and other support staff are a great bunch of people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too much ot in the summer in the department and no morale to speak of
managment
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2017
The work environment is great. Most things about this job are actually really good. Mostly everyone is friendly and willing to help you. But the one thing that always seems unavoidable, the management, particularly in my department should not be where they are. My reasoning is due to the inefficiency and passive attitude towards real issues with our set up. They are to busy trying to get people to like them rather than actually working for what we need. This seems to be a common theme with most middle management. A bunch of 'YES' people unwilling to even pose the question let alone drive the point forward, where people like me are left to deal with the inadequacy knowing they can do a better job.
Summer Law Clerk
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2017
Great experience clerking in the esoteric field of subrogation and recovery. Enabled me to gain a firm grasp of property and tort law for a rising 2L.
Has changed completely
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 22, 2017
I rather not share my opinion. It's my opinion. Other people may like it and others may not like it. It is all relative. The environment has completely changed.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Work overtime but don't get paid
Temporary Paralegal
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2017
I was assigned here by a temp agency in order to help the firm with filing documents for a long-term litigation case they were working on. The work/life balance was excellent. However, the pay was very low for the level of workers that were there (all degreed workers with a J.D.). I don't recommend working here unless you absolutely, positively have to.
Cozen O' Connor
Help Desk Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 19, 2016
At Cozen I expanded my technical knowledge and social skills far beyond expectation. I greatly appreciate the opportunity too branch out and gain experience in the business environment. I love being at Cozen its just that my internship is coming to an end and I' am also ready to come closer to my full potential, while inspiring others to do the same.
Summary
Executive Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2014
Every day holds new challenges which require immediate deadlines to be met. A fast-paced environment with multi-tasking and problem solving skills are necessary. A passion for clients and work help the days fly by.
Pros
Cultural work place.
Cons
No cons...
Good learning place
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 2, 2014
Learning lots of stuff by working with experienced attorneys.
A highly motivated individual seeking an Administrative Assistant Position to utilize my strong organizational skills combined with exc
Receptionist/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2014
1. A typical work day is very busy.

2. I've learned that no matter your position you are still treated with respect from the Owners when seen and, when you need help there is always someone there no matter who it is they'll help because its a business as well as a partnership everyone is of assistance.

3. My co-workers are very friendly, great people to work with.

4. Management is very professional.

5. The hardest part of the job is not enough hours in the day since part time.

6. The enjoyable part is interacting with people and everyone's one the same page, everyone gets along.
Pros
There is most of the time free lunch.
Cons
Short breaks.
Cozen O'Connor--Saving the Best for Last
Sr. Legal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2013
I worked as the sole legal trainer for 600 people. I trained lawyers, paralegals, secretaries, and staff. All of them had a yearning toward learning something new. I received accolades from my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was leaving work every day.
Pros
Zest for knowledge, mine and theirs
Cons
Attorneys can be a rough crowd because they have to account for every minute and were reluctant, at times, to spend time in class..
Good people
Insurance Coverage and Litigation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 4, 2013
Great, hardworking people at Cozen O'Connor. The attorneys that I worked for were appreciative of the work I did for them.
Cons
No chance for advancement as a legal assistant.
Productive and exciting place to wor.
Paralegal/Legal Asst. to GM (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2013
I work for the company for years and it was a fun and exciting place to work at times.and I personally did not care for management because I didn't feel as though they were cut ous. It was nice working with employees who were genuine and willing to assist in anyway.t to do their job
Pros
always meeting new people.
Cons
management was not always fair.