CP Rochester

CP Rochester Employer Reviews

Productive and a good work place
Residential Habilitator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch, going to different things with the residents such as diseny on ice and getting paid for it, loving memories.
Cons: co-workers
My typical day at work will be to come in and read the Med communication log. I will see who I was assigned to and inform them that they had me for the night. Staff o myself would cook dinner, pass meds, or do kitchen clean up depending on who has what. After dinner shower would be done, meds are passed and then the residents will go to bed whenever they want with out staff assistant. When everyone is in bed staff including myself would do some of the cleaning so that the overnight would not be left to do everything.

What I have learned working here were how to handle communicating to people who had disabilities such as mild intellectual disability and Cerebral Palsy.

Management here at CP Rochester were okay. They where not that easy to communicate with and it was just a different feeling.

My Co-workers were good working co-workers. They came there to do their jobs and that was it. They were not very sociable and were not really able to get along with. It was a lot of drama and separations between the staff members, but due to the type of person I am I got along with everyone. I didn't like that everyone didn't get along with everyone else.

The hardest par of my job was actually the hours. I applied and was assigned to a certain shift and I was fine with it. After a few months things have changed and i was assigned to a shift that did not fit. So basically I going from one shift to the next shift and did not have any say in it, but either accept it or get a new job.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the residents. The were the highlight of my day. You were easy to get to know, to communicate with and they loved to be out doors doing any activity that you can think of.
CP Rochester has turned around for the better
Direct Care Giver (Current Employee), ResidentialMarch 24, 2013
Pros: people i work with, the consumers, new management that is good
Cons: still some people who dont pull there weight
This is my second time working here. They have new management that listens to us and cares about the consumers. The most enjoyable part is the consumers. You can make a difference here and that is promoted.
It's nice to be in a house.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 29, 2013
Cons: expensive health care
I worked there 3 years and thought it was a good enough job. I met some very good friends there. It's always a tough job though when you have to go out in the weather every day to run appts or push w/c that are too big for you to handle.
Only thing was their healthcare, I thought was expensive.
Great Healthcare experience
Residential Habilitator (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 20, 2013
A typical day consist of maintaining the home environmemnt. Outings with the consumers are promoted. There is meal preparation as well as cleaning required. Management is interactive with support staff. The hardest part of the job would be the emotional outburst by many of the consumers. The pure love and affection by the consumers.
Very energetic and fun place to work.
Residence Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 19, 2012
Pros: fantastic and supportive supervisors, agency appreciation
Cons: long days, little agency support to some of the staff at other homes, medical and dental coverage was not very good, on-call system was a mess for residential.
A typical day was very busy but consumers had a great sense of humor and made the work load easier. Many of them were extrememly independent and offered as much help as possible. Job was very fulfilling and I felt like I accomplished something when I went home each day. I had an amazing supervisor that assisted me whenever I needed support. Rest of the team was very hard working and dedicated to the consumers they worked with.
I love my job
Residential Habilitation (Current Employee), RochesterDecember 8, 2012
Pros: free medical and the consumers at the house
Cons: lower pay then heritage but less strict
I love working with consumers who are wonderful. That part is rewarding. The staff at my house are great and we are a good team. Some other houses have clicks but not mine. Most of the management is new and seam to care and listen to us. My benefits are free and that helps.
Worst agency
Residential Habilitator (Current Employee), ResidentialOctober 16, 2012
Cons: the consumers are not taken care of
The consumers are wonderful and working with them is an amazing opportunity its management and staff who are terrible. I have worked for this company for about a year or so and as soon as you walk in your ignored by staff and treated like dirt. Management does nothing to secure your job or make you feel safe at work. Staff threaten others they don't like and make up stories to get them fired if they don't like them. HR and QSS also don't care. When you report abuse of consumers or see the things staff do to the individuals everyone sweeps it under the rug because they don't want anyone to think they are a bad agency because everyone leaves. It is proof enough that they are a horrible agency as one of their homes just got taken away. If you love working with individuals and want to make sure individuals are safe DON'T WORK HERE. They have been reported to the state.
Rewarding place to work
Residential Habilitator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 5, 2012
Very rewarding place to work, you get tons of benefits while working with mentally disabled children.
I have thouroughly enjoyed working with my patients and consumers over the 4 years that I have been emplyed.
Staff Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: the population is wonderful to work with
Cons: management
A typical work day is 8-5 except for Friday's which is 8-2pm. I enjoy the consumers/patients and some of the challenges that they bring. I have been completing some home evaluations which has been a passion of mine to be able to do as I worked in Home Care and loved it. The hardest part of the job is paperwork on the computer.
productive safe & fun workplace
Residential Habilitator (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 1, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
When i punch into work , im assigned to work with two people , and u pretty much assist with any every need but the objective is to encourage independence . I learn something each time i go into work . My co-workers are fun people to be around ! . The most enjoyable part is having the opportunity to watch them grow .