CP Rochester Employee Reviews in United States

Staff are fun to be around
Clinic Aide (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYAugust 26, 2015
Staff are friendly and helpful. Consumers are outgoing and want to talk.Co workers and individuals are usually asking for assistance.
N/a
Habilitator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 22, 2015
Job gives overall great experience with the individuals. However CP Rochester cares more about the business aspect and following protocol than what is actually good for the individual. Humans are not robots or just a number.
Pros
community outings
Cons
low rate of pay, lack of support from management
Loved working with the wide variety of clientele from adults to children.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 2, 2014
CP Rochester is definately a very flexible facility in terms of life and work balance. I feel that the facility is really understanding and family orientated about time off and the ability to flex your time. I have had several continuing education courses paid for by the facility to increase my knowledge base but since it is a non-for profit facility, I needed to pick and choose what classes would be best benefical.
The caseload varies from client to client but the majority of clients present with deveopmental disabilities, TBI,and CVA. All the staff are very friendly and knowledgable. The clinic itself has been ungergoing a major transition in the last six months, hopefully for the better. I gained an incredible amount of skills working with this population that can be transitioned to many other facilities and populations.
I am not leaving by choice, but my husband is relocating to a different state and we are moving.
The most difficult aspect of working in this facility is two-fold: There is a lot of discord with communication - verbally and electronically. In the clinic, the three therapies treat in different rooms/clinics and only if there is issues with a client do the disciplines talk either in person, on the phone, or via email. I think across the board, wherever you go there will be communication break down and issues. It is important to be aware of this and to strive to continue to improve this day in and day out. During the clinic transition, there were key staff let go. This did create difficulties but everyone helped one another and came out better for it.
Pros
friendly co-workers, flexible schedules, great clientele
Cons
multi-disiciplinary approach is non-existant at this point in time.
Productive and a good work place
Residential Habilitator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 9, 2013
My typical day at work will be to come in and read the Med communication log. I will see who I was assigned to and inform them that they had me for the night. Staff o myself would cook dinner, pass meds, or do kitchen clean up depending on who has what. After dinner shower would be done, meds are passed and then the residents will go to bed whenever they want with out staff assistant. When everyone is in bed staff including myself would do some of the cleaning so that the overnight would not be left to do everything.

What I have learned working here were how to handle communicating to people who had disabilities such as mild intellectual disability and Cerebral Palsy.

Management here at CP Rochester were okay. They where not that easy to communicate with and it was just a different feeling.

My Co-workers were good working co-workers. They came there to do their jobs and that was it. They were not very sociable and were not really able to get along with. It was a lot of drama and separations between the staff members, but due to the type of person I am I got along with everyone. I didn't like that everyone didn't get along with everyone else.

The hardest par of my job was actually the hours. I applied and was assigned to a certain shift and I was fine with it. After a few months things have changed and i was assigned to a shift that did not fit. So basically I going from one shift to the next shift and did not have any say in it, but either accept it or get a new job.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the residents. The were the highlight of my day. You were easy to
  more... get to know, to communicate with and they loved to be out doors doing any activity that you can think of.  less
Pros
free lunch, going to different things with the residents such as diseny on ice and getting paid for it, loving memories.
Cons
co-workers
CP Rochester has turned around for the better
Direct Care Giver (Current Employee) –  ResidentialMarch 24, 2013
This is my second time working here. They have new management that listens to us and cares about the consumers. The most enjoyable part is the consumers. You can make a difference here and that is promoted.
Pros
people i work with, the consumers, new management that is good
Cons
still some people who dont pull there weight
It's nice to be in a house.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 29, 2013
I worked there 3 years and thought it was a good enough job. I met some very good friends there. It's always a tough job though when you have to go out in the weather every day to run appts or push w/c that are too big for you to handle.
Only thing was their healthcare, I thought was expensive.
Cons
expensive health care
Great Healthcare experience
Residential Habilitator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 20, 2013
A typical day consist of maintaining the home environmemnt. Outings with the consumers are promoted. There is meal preparation as well as cleaning required. Management is interactive with support staff. The hardest part of the job would be the emotional outburst by many of the consumers. The pure love and affection by the consumers.
Very energetic and fun place to work.
Residence Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 19, 2012
A typical day was very busy but consumers had a great sense of humor and made the work load easier. Many of them were extrememly independent and offered as much help as possible. Job was very fulfilling and I felt like I accomplished something when I went home each day. I had an amazing supervisor that assisted me whenever I needed support. Rest of the team was very hard working and dedicated to the consumers they worked with.
Pros
fantastic and supportive supervisors, agency appreciation
Cons
long days, little agency support to some of the staff at other homes, medical and dental coverage was not very good, on-call system was a mess for residential.
I love my job
Residential Habilitation (Current Employee) –  RochesterDecember 8, 2012
I love working with consumers who are wonderful. That part is rewarding. The staff at my house are great and we are a good team. Some other houses have clicks but not mine. Most of the management is new and seam to care and listen to us. My benefits are free and that helps.
Pros
free medical and the consumers at the house
Cons
lower pay then heritage but less strict
Worst agency
Residential Habilitator (Current Employee) –  ResidentialOctober 16, 2012
The consumers are wonderful and working with them is an amazing opportunity its management and staff who are terrible. I have worked for this company for about a year or so and as soon as you walk in your ignored by staff and treated like dirt. Management does nothing to secure your job or make you feel safe at work. Staff threaten others they don't like and make up stories to get them fired if they don't like them. HR and QSS also don't care. When you report abuse of consumers or see the things staff do to the individuals everyone sweeps it under the rug because they don't want anyone to think they are a bad agency because everyone leaves. It is proof enough that they are a horrible agency as one of their homes just got taken away. If you love working with individuals and want to make sure individuals are safe DON'T WORK HERE. They have been reported to the state.
Cons
the consumers are not taken care of
Rewarding place to work
Residential Habilitator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 5, 2012
Very rewarding place to work, you get tons of benefits while working with mentally disabled children.
I have thouroughly enjoyed working with my patients and consumers over the 4 years that I have been emplyed.
Staff Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 16, 2012
A typical work day is 8-5 except for Friday's which is 8-2pm. I enjoy the consumers/patients and some of the challenges that they bring. I have been completing some home evaluations which has been a passion of mine to be able to do as I worked in Home Care and loved it. The hardest part of the job is paperwork on the computer.
Pros
the population is wonderful to work with
Cons
management
productive safe & fun workplace
Residential Habilitator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 1, 2012
When i punch into work , im assigned to work with two people , and u pretty much assist with any every need but the objective is to encourage independence . I learn something each time i go into work . My co-workers are fun people to be around ! . The most enjoyable part is having the opportunity to watch them grow .
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a