CPC Logistics Employee Reviews

lack of communication and leadership
Local Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHNovember 8, 2016
serious lack of management and team work.company is unable to hire qualified drivers.unwilling to train employees and them get angry when they ask questions.they do not trust their employees and take the word of upset customers and unknown drivers.
Pros
employment
Cons
substandard benefits and management
Great place to work, good family environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 24, 2016
I have over 20 years of transportation experience and I hope to spend the next 20 years here at CPC Logistics, Inc. The management team is solid. They promote growth within the organization. They treat everyone with respect, drivers, office personnel, EVERYONE.

Co-workers are friendly and everyone has been here for some time. People don't stay at jobs they don't like. Most of my co-workers have been here 10 years plus! You just don't see that anymore.

I enjoy coming into work. I enjoy that they let me do my job without second-guessing and looking over my shoulder. I enjoy that my opinion counts, that everyone's opinion counts. When the management team gets together they are looking for solutions to a problem. They are looking to fix the problem, not the blame. They have a great work/life balance.

I recommend this company for anyone looking for a home. If you are looking for a company that promotes within, treats you with respect and has a great culture, then you need to look no further.
Pros
work/life balance, pay, benefits, culture. Respect
Cons
I didn't find this job sooner!
Stay Away from this company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 8, 2016
Do not work for this company! It is the worst company I have worked for. You will never move up & are always on the extra board. You will not have a life! You don't get a set schedule, they call you at all hours of the day and night and expect you to drop what you're doing and come in. The managers do not have your back, you have no support from anyone. The weekly guarantee is $860 a week, but they only have enough work for 2-3 days per week which means you will never be able to make more. After taxes you make about $598. Their advertisement for $21.50 an hour is a lie, and you only get to work 20 hours a week anyway. They also make you sign something saying they can take this guarantee and benefits away from you at any time. If you want to be stuck on a hamster wheel then this is the place to be; otherwise, I suggest you stay far away from this company.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
You will never make a decent pay check, the dispatch staff is lazy, office staff don't know what they're doing, they make you break DOT laws, and threaten to fire you if you don't do what they say, the trucks are very old, the trailers are loaded very messy daily, unloading 8 palates of heavy water daily, 80 cases each palate
Terrible place to work
Commercial driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, WIMay 8, 2016
Long hours no communication with management just run run no appreciation for good safe drivers run u like a dog then there to write u up for the littlest things old run down equipment no training if u don't make it home at the end of your shift they put u in bed bug run down motels for the night no support when issues occur never will work for them again i hope they get bought out by a outside company they try to ruin your driving career also if u decide to leave them they put all kind of false information on your DAC report drives be aware warning ..............................
Pros
U get a pay if u get that after working like dog
Cons
Lucky to be alive after unsafe equipment
A wonderful place to work very physical work yet finaacially rewarding
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2016
The position of a delivery truck driver for CPC is a very intense and physical job. This company delivered to all of the Walgreen stores through out central Florida and south Georgia. Delivering items to stores on designed routes that maximized our delivery times within a 12 hour period.
Pros
excellent benefits and wonderful pay scale
Cons
very physical and time sensitive
typical days work
TRUCK DRIVER LTL (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2017
• Local Delivery of product to set routes and customers
• Loading and unloading trailers to customers in timely fashion with a professional attitude
• Complete delivery receipts, fuel receipts, and inbound manifest paper work according to company policy
• Participated in safety curriculum and training monthly
Pros
client interaction
Cons
very physical work
Good money, no life
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 24, 2016
Good money, no life at all. Your run can start from 9pm to 6am some ealier some later than that. Not assigned trucks and the better ones are assigned to older guys. Dont get sick, you may loose your job. The time to start your run is not an issue, the issue here is your sleep pattern gets f**k and they dont care.
Pros
money
Cons
sleep pattern, not good equipment, no air cond or heat some trucks
good place to work
Yard Spotter (Former Employee) –  West Liberty, OHMay 30, 2016
long hours, good pay
learned a lot of new skills with truck and 53 foot trailers CPC management was great hardest part of job was hours enjoyable part was meeting new people all the time
Pros
good pay
Cons
It used to be a good place to work for
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHFebruary 11, 2017
Anymore they are short drivers in town they put more work on us it is unsafe I drive semi in town and I think I'm a racecar driver years go we had enough drivers in town they retire they do not replace them they put more work on us unsafe working condition
Total disrespect towards employees...
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 14, 2016
I worked for this company for 4 years, and was always faithful and showed up on time everytime. Even filling in for drivers who "called out." The office which I worked out of was in Rocky Mount, NC. After years of being one of their most dependable drivers, the manager just ups and fires me. I have a handicap wife (wheelchair bound), and a son... This all came out of the blue, and now I'm probably going to lose my electricity, and won't be able to afford my wife's doctor's and orthopedist visits. I can't express how disapointed I am in the Rocky Mount CPC location manager. Now I don't know what I'm going to do....
Pros
Cons
Disrespect towards employees.
Cpc
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 9, 2017
Drive multiple days to deliver product in newer trucks. Pend most of your work week away from home staying in sleeper truck. Used electronic logs to record mileage and hours.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Away from home
Sorry I took their job
On-Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PANovember 18, 2015
No training from management, your get hire as a supervisor and to get the authority to discipline employees, upper management only is concerned with keeping their customer happy and do not support their employees. I will not recommend working for them.
Pros
pays is ok, benefits are good
Cons
no training, no support from upper management
very good equipment
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MADecember 29, 2015
ve ry good place to work, would like to work there if called back. I would recomment this job to any body thats qualified to drive tractor trailer
Pros
toll advance
Cons
needed more benefits
Productive workplace
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 27, 2016
A great place to work, filled with fun and hard working co-workers with good professional skills and knowledge of the Trucking industry. Loading and unloading trucks is a major job function in this role.
I had to make a adjustment from coming to a place with mostly women employees from an all male environment.
Accounting Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at work, I would plan my day by what needs to be done first by due date or importance.
What I learned is various types of accounting software throughout the years with company changes.
Christmas party,
Pros
I was well liked by most.
Cons
didn't see any cons
driver
delivery driver / linehaul (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 21, 2016
its contracted, high insurance, high deductable, does have its low peak times depending on what account you work on, decent equipment, replacing old ones
Pros
decent work
Cons
contracted
Very Challenging
Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Plainville, MAMarch 2, 2016
Good pay, poor management, equipment needs updating, constantly watching your wages, and plenty of work. They give you a hard time to call out sick or take a personal day. The medical insurance premiums are very expensive. Constantly jumping into different trucks. Some drivers take pride in keeping their trucks clean others are pigs. Have to constantly stay on top of mechanics to get equipment repaired but the Walgreens account has the last say on what is going to get fixed and what is not since they pay for the repairs.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Poor safety
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 5, 2016
Hard to advance someone has to quit or die before you get a position Plenty of work and it is a fair company on pay. Great place to work
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Pulling doubles
Very professional yet comfortable work place.
Injury Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 14, 2012
My hours were from 7:30am-4:00pm. The time I was there I spent helping injured drivers start their work compensation claim and discuss the waiting period before receiving their temporary check. My co-workers were very friendly and once a month the company would show appreciation by providing a monthly one hour luncheon. This gave co-workers time to associate with one another.
Pros
friendly relationship with ceo/president of the company.
Cons
no prior notices given to employees that are being laid off.
A fast paced job. I enjoyed the time there.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALJune 4, 2013
I enjoyed my job. I had some good programs I enjoyed working with. Ceva Logistics was my favorite.
The drivers were great to work with.
The trucks were not maintained well.
The trailers were rented, with poor maintenance.
There was a large amount of time with driver shortages that was difficult to work with.
Pros
Close to where I lived.
Cons
No lunch, no breaks, benefits were terrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPC Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9