CPI Corp Employee Reviews

Good place to work!
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Holstein, NEFebruary 9, 2016
Great benefits, all around good people to work with. Always a positive ora. Coffee is made and free. Popcorn is delicious and you get the opportunity to grab some anytime you pass through the office.
Cpi corp.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJuly 28, 2016
I was a manager here at this company for 5 years and asst. manager for 1 and photographer for 1 with no management. I would take care of all daily duties through out the day make sure that customers were happy and their children.
I leaned that you have to have patience
I was the manager there to up to 8 other employees and it was great.
My co-workers were wonderful.
Hardest part of my job was being sure that people were on task at all times.
Most enjoyable part of my job here was working with so many different families and children and making such great memories that people hold on to for a lifetime.
Pros
Working children/families
Cons
Company wasnt doing well financially
A very enjoyable and clean place to work and people were wonderful.
Photographer/Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO (Corporate)June 2, 2016
I would open the register and clean up anything that needed cleaning before my first customer would arrive. I would count the drawer and set up the backgrounds and make sure everything was ready when the first appointment arrived. I would photograph the appointments and show them their portraits and sell the portraits and then go on to the next customer. I learned a lot about the different shots that bring in the big bucks and which shots are popular. My management team was supportive and helpful in assisting me through anything. I usually worked alone but when I had someone else there they were very helpful in attending to anything that needed to get done. The hardest part of the job was having to take a lunch for this work was in Wal-Mart stores and the only place to grab a bite was McDonald's. The most enjoyable part of this job was all the kids I photographed and the repeated business. Got to know the customers well and who liked what, made my job funnier.
An interesting and energetic company to work for
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 2, 2016
The 3 years I was employed there were very interesting but also stressful. It was never the same from day to day and that made it interesting. I enjoyed the challenges and the on the go type of responsibilities that came with my position.
Pros
Never the same from day to day with new challenges happening constantly.
Cons
enviroment was hot and dirty. Loud and sometimes dangerous.
fun enviroment to work in
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2016
I loved all of my customers and getting to watch the children grow up. I loved being able to help them capture so many memories. I learned how to truely commmunicate with people from all walks of life and it was very rewarding. My co-workers were my team and friends. The hardest part was when the company started to go out of business. The most enjoyable part of the job was enteracting with my customers.
Productive high paced atmosphere.
Adminstrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAJune 4, 2016
Fast paced, multi-taking a must, and a typical day. Product shipment priority driven environment.Most enjoyable part of my job in interaction with people. I have learned I must adjust to many different personalities, and work styles.
Hardest part of the job, is to keep everyone's priority in balance.
I have learned a lot from some of the most amazing of co-workers.
Pros
Some of the people I work with
Cons
No back up person
Great place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJuly 13, 2016
It was a great place to work! Company made sure to have great Regional & District managers which then trickled down to us the managers which then made it a great environment not only for the other employees but also for the customers when they arrived. It was always a welcoming environment all the way up to when I was laid off.
I enjoy taking picturs for ten yrs.
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 16, 2016
Loved working with the family's. I loved to make kids smile and to see them happy. I enjoy 10 yrs of this. I still see my customers from time to time. They calk me the Picture Lady.
Pros
Enjoyed what I did love working with kids.
Cons
No family time
A great place to start out
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 21, 2016
A great place with wonderful people to help you better your skills and help you make it. The always are there to help. Always something challenging to get done every week,
Pros
Supporting
Cons
Low pay
This company is an ok place to work for
Level I Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MISeptember 27, 2016
This company is just a job filler . They only work you part time til your time is up. This company isn't there but only to supply warm body's to the contractor .
Cons
Always something to do and great for someone who loves taking pictures
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TnOctober 28, 2013
I would go into work and check cameras, studio, and cleanliness of the facility. I would make sure that the night before they had done the money count and it was accurate and check the paperwork and photos to ensure that they were done correctly. I would schedule appointments and take pictures as well as sell packages. I learned alot of management there and responsibility. I enjoyed being in management and was very productive and raised the store profits in my time managing there. The co workers were easy to get along with and at my time there only had to write up one person for work behavior. Hardest part of the job was having to do write ups and getting the employees to email leads. I enjoyed taking pictures and the whole company managment aspect.
Pros
flexible, good breaks, close to lunch options, and being in managment
Cons
benefits, long hours during the holidays
Contractual based compnay
Technical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 29, 2015
The company works with various employers to place qualified personnel where they are best utilized.

My experience with company was overall a good one, they found me placement with an outstanding company with possibility for growth. I had the chance to travel a lot with the company I was working with and experience new skills to better myself within my field.
Pros
Travel, Benefits, Career placement, Skill Set Advancement
Cons
Year to Year contract basis, No Vacation, Holiday, or Sick time time
Fun environment
Packager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
This was a great place to work, unfortunately the company closed due to lack of work. Due to the average person being able to print their own photos it just wasn't worth people going to someplace to pay and have their portraits done
fun workplace
Customer Service/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 10, 2015
CPI corp was one of my first solid pillar in my career. It started my career in the right direction. Every client came with new challenges that kept me energized and on my feet. This postilion assisted me in building tong customer service skills and people skills.
Pros
fun environment and healthy client base
Cons
no benefits given
The business was great till CPI bought us out. They were great they were just directed by the wrong people.
Market Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2014
I worked in the business for over 16 years with PCA, CPI bought us out. They were a strong company, had great ideas, but they listen to the" ole school" people. The ones they called the "good ole boys" . CPi was letting people go who had been there a long time . The peopple on my team as a manger were great. Our original Reginal was great. Not so much for the one we got after he left the company.
Hardest pat of job working weekends for the staff employess. Most enjoyable was the memories you made for families, and the kids.
Pros
working with the people and kids, the pay and benefits, taking trips.
Cons
poor excutive management, not enough family time if youwere an associate
Fun environment; lack of structure.
Floating Key Holder/Manager Training (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 14, 2012
CPI is a great work environment, fun and family oriented. The Corporate management is a little unprofessional and this is a company that highers over qualified candidates and underpays them claiming 'pay raises at the end of probation periods' that never actually come to fruition. I was a Traveling Key Holder in the supposed 'trial period' and was to be 'given my full title and pay of Floating Manager after my 30 days'. I went all over CT and MA but 5 months later I was still at the same payscale and no word of when the 'correction' would come. Sadly I could not survive on the compensation and needed to look elsewhere.
Pros
great environment, good people, lots of fun.
Cons
low pay, high responsibility.
Enjoyed taking pictures of babies
Studio Manager/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 31, 2016
Fun place to work and grow with the company. Did several duties during my 15 yrs with the company. Some upper management didn't care about employees in the field.
Good Company to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIJune 2, 2016
Good company to work for. Pay is good and so is staff. They make workers feel as though are part of a well functioning team.
Easy company to advance in
Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 7, 2013
I started working for the company in late 2012, had great training, but was left with a terrible studio. The area where the Sears was located was a bad urban area. The previous manager gave multiple items away for free, so I was left with unsatisfied broke customers by myself in a horrible environment. During busy season, my DM put me in the studio in the next city over. I brought both studios out of its bad standings, made a ton of sales, & had great customer feedback & finally was given a raise & made full time studio manager. After the Christmas holiday, the company changed hours, the DM & RM in my area without telling anyone anything. My studio is open 18 hours a week, only 3 days! I feel like I got screwed out of my new raise. Don't get me wrong, its a great place to move up if you aren't incompetent but the company tells you nothing & my new DM is a micro manager that doesn't do anything herself. I love doing photography & I love my customers but the way they operate is terrible.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
no hours! uninformative
Great company but no benefits.
Heavy Equipment Operator/ Welders Hand (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 30, 2015
Job for hard working, dedicated people. Small business, no benefits. Multiple job locations across Permian Basin. Dedicated owner/ operator. Great company to work for. Learned welding and more in fencing.
Cons
Low pay, no benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPI Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8