CPI Corp Employee Reviews

Poor management and lack of vision
Driver Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKOctober 9, 2017
This company can not currently handle the work it already has let alone new work coming in. CPI Is rebuilding. I see no vision, a lack of goals and no plans to carry out. Risk and liability are high, communication and vision are non-existent. This is not a healthy workplace.
Pros
Boss does not work at this facility.
Cons
chaotic work environment with non-confrontational boss
company shut down
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, ILOctober 2, 2017
always work on alone besides the busy seasons. the company really did not care about there employees when the company closed down we were not even aware we showed up to our shift to the doors being closed
Great
Head custodian supervisor (Former Employee) –  SouthSeptember 28, 2017
Very great work environment, I really enjoyed working with them I definitely would recommend this company to anyone & I would go back if I could great times
Goals were established without concetrn for market dynamics.
Grain Originator (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NESeptember 24, 2017
Work day was fairly flexible, conditions were clean, communications continued to be an issue as did cohesive inter department work. very segmented and lacking cooperation. Working with the producers was the most enjoyable part of the job, .
Good pay, Physically demanding, and Uncomfortable work environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNSeptember 19, 2017
The pay at CPI was good and they gave me lots of hours. Some lines are pretty easy, but some of them are pretty physically demanding. Also, it was incredibly hot and dusty. The machines/presses were constantly breaking down, and the supervisor was a bit egotistical but fun to be around.
Pros
Good pay, Lots of hours, Fun co-workers and supervisor
Cons
Physically demanding, Harsh work conditions, Unreliable machinery
Management neded a little help
Market Manager I (Former Employee) –  All over MichiganSeptember 17, 2017
While running the studios and working with the public was fun and rewarding, the management as well as the home/work aspect needed help. Lots of driving (even in hazardous conditions) and not enough days off (I usually would get less than one day off a week)
Pros
Photography, new locations, up to date software
Cons
lack of marketing and upper management
Bankrupt
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 11, 2017
The company went bankrupt so there is no more cpi Corp
It was stressful every shift we worked. My boss was amazing, the company just asked a lot of it's employees and it's appreciation went unnoticed.
Picture Me
Photographer/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 6, 2017
The management at picture me offered ridicules specials to get customers in but then got mad at us when we couldn't up sell the products. it was very difficult and stressful.
company went bankrupt
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHAugust 24, 2017
Company went bankrupt and was not told to the day of we were without a job. Didn't seem to care much about what their employees where going to do.....
Challeging
MOLD ROOM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXAugust 23, 2017
Very product driven , and very demanding , have to stay on top of all the new products for the company as the oil and gas prices go , if the price of oil is up company does well.
not a fun place
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALAugust 13, 2017
This is a place for tough people. Very hot and very dirty. Pay is low. No benefits. Good for something temporary unless you like aluminum factories
Loved working thete
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNAugust 9, 2017
I loved the job, but their studios were closing when I left. I understand now that they have completely closed that part of their business.
This is a shame, because it was well managed, and a great place to work and advance.
Pros
Well managed, excellent training
Cons
Closed
fine
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2017
it's ok. The pay is substantially below the average of other warehouses. It's ridiculous. The rules are extremely strict for such low pay. I could see how a person wouldn't last at this company.
They Went out of business after begging me to stay
Photographer/Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 25, 2017
Loved the job... Didnt pay much. They wanted to basically control your entire life. Definitely a job were you just have to love what you do. Hectic and stressful
Faced paced
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLJuly 23, 2017
This company closed. The season I worked was slow and it ended up being cut short. The times when it was actually busy was fun though. I enjoyed meeting many people and it was a good experience.
Loved working with children
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 25, 2017
The job was very fun and there was great advancement opportunity.
However, the company closed their business and filed for bankruptcy. No one received their final checks.
good pepole to worke whit
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 16, 2017
no help some time on the line some pepole are rud bad management the hardest part is the heat i learned to be nice to rude pepole typical day is fast pace.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
temp
Nasty
Stadium clean up (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJune 12, 2017
If you like nasty and dirty work, you will like this job. Having to sweep, pick up trash, wipe seats off (have bird stuff on them). Standing in the heat with back pack mowers on and getting treated like we were useless dogs was not cool. To add the fact we was out there bright and early morning to almost dark and only was given a 30 min lunch break.
Very fun workplace
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 2, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at the portrait studio. It was a very fun position. Training and teaching associates to capture lifetime memories for customers. Being able to reach out to the community and gain the trust of customers. Creating and generating business. It really was a great place to work.
Pros
Fun
Cons
hours
Loved taking pictures!!!
Manager/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 17, 2017
I loved taking pictures for people but they pressured us to sale more expensive packages. The hours were horrible for a mom of 3 and during the holidays there was no asking off.
Pros
Learned photography
Cons
Missed my kids