CPI Security Systems Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2017
Visit homes and secure their families from the outside elements in the area.
Loved working outside.
They have a great training program, that gave me a chance to gain a lot of experience in sales
Great place to work,always busy and fun as well.
Residential Installer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 27, 2017
The more productive You are, the more work You will receive and thus more opportunities for bigger pay checks. Customers are sold great products and great services.
Horrible management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2017
Beware: you have no job security, and if they want you gone, they will do whatever it takes. 1 star is too high of a ranking. Stay far, far away. You won't last
Low commission, no advancement, leadership is not on same page
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 13, 2017
They entice you with lots of false promises. I have been in outside sales for a long time and honestly never have worked for a company that makes so many false promises. And you hear this across the board from all sales reps and even some managers. They lack the follow through and training to keep you able to do your job. Plus the commission structure is low for the industry. Management really needs to get on the same page and understand their core values and mission statement and really act on what they say. This company is a revolving door. Training sessions are almost weekly for a company that has less than 100 outside sales reps. Here today, gone tomorrow. It's a shame because they could be doing things a lot more effectively. My advice to management is to listen to employees in the field and offer more support.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everyday new priorities, company acts very anxiously about everything, stingy on investing on their employees growth and development
Inside sales needs better leadership and a change to the culture.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2017
You will be required to sell but you better be a favorite of leadership to get opportunities to sell or get promoted. The training is the worst I've ever experienced and I actually got better training from a rep on the sales floor. If you are black like most inside sales reps, be ready to accept a culture that will break your heart if you have been outside the South and seen life outside of the Carolinas. Good folks but a bit behind the times socially and management reflects favortism and poor leadership skills.
Pros
Good owner. Cares about people
Cons
Extremely poor Leadership, favortism, no advancement, inferior atmosphere for blacks.
Decent but lacking..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2017
Could be better but ultimately, micro managing and low pay does not allow for a better scenario. Good 1st job to get customer care or sales experience.
Pros
Free Lunches, Friendly People
Cons
Low Pay
Good Ol Boy Company
Upgrade Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2017
There is no advancement. Hard work doesent matter golfing with the boss does. They do not train accurate. they are backwards
Great
Sandy Porter Rd (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2017
Great place to work as company is very diverse. Owner really cares about employees and will work with you when needed. Great work perks from the owner also
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2016
Great place to work. Very accommodating, pleasant work atmosphere, room for advancement, cares about its employees for the most part, encourages higher learning.
Awful Managment
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WAOctober 24, 2016
We've all had bad jobs, it's just part of life. But the management here is laughably bad. I parted ways with them after some pretty serious harassment. I would avoid working here at all cost! If you've absolutely no other options, I would recommend looking for a new job on day one. I'm not anti-authority and I've had my fair share of people I just don't click with that I've had to work alongside. But the woman in charge of the security officers in the field is, in my opinion, the embodiment of a sociopath with a god complex.
If they don't like someone, they will just cut your hours and put you in places that are far, far away. They make a great effort to make sure you quit so they don't have to pay anyone unemployment.
Pros
Exploring new places, meeting interesting people
Great Company
Technician - Residential Installation (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 11, 2016
CPI Security really cares about their employees. Work day hours vary, but overall CPI Security is a great company to work for. CPI offers many incentives for employees with outstanding job performance.
Fast paced, family enviroment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 7, 2016
This company is dedicated it's employee's and customers. If you like technology and a place where you will feel appreciated. Then don't hesitate to apply here!!
Pros
Family enviroment, great compensation, weekly and monthly awards and gifts
Cons
fast paced all the time
High Energy Environment
Residential Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 22, 2016
Management was very engaged with day-to-day operations
Productivity was incentivized primarily through monetary compensation
The hardest part of the job was maintaining motivation in a highly autonomous position
Co-workers were helpful in acclimating to the new environment and forthcoming with advise when needed
Residential Sales Is Not For Everybody.
Residential Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 6, 2016
I worked very hard doing D2D sales for CPI. In residential sales you will face more "NO's" and you will work very long hours yet if you are a slick talker you will do okay with CPI. There are many good people who work for CPI and both the corporate and your sales manager want you to succeed. They will help you in every way they can to ensure you generate sales for yourself and the company.
Pros
Gas Card, Sales Manager Support
Cons
Commission only
na
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2016
Thank you for asking me this very lovely question but I choose to decline to respond on how the job was. Please use my star ratings as my response.
An okay place to work. Needs much improvement
Customer Retention/ QA Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2016
A typical days work consist of retaining customers bringing on new customers and upgrade current customers while making sure they are receiving the best experience as possible. I learned several ways to explain to a customer their value to a company. Management needs a lot of work. Was very unorganized and picks and chooses favorites when all employees should be treated equally so long as they are meeting company goals and requirements. My co-workers at this location is a part of many reasons I am seeking elsewhere. This place is very messy and personally not safe. There is so much that goes on there from property vandalism to harassment it was devastating. The hardest part of the job was dreading to attend work each day and work as is everything was okay when in reality it was very uncomfortable. Also being pushed by a useless management team. A team that expects so much out of its employees but cant even lead by example. The most enjoyable part of my job was the pay. However, I was not able to overlook everything that was happening. Money is not the only importance to me at a job. It is to make sure I enjoy coming to work and leaving each day knowing I gave it my all if not more. I am seeking a friendly environment for employment. Somewhere I feel safe and somewhere I can grow and retire with the company. Unfortunately, that place was not CPI Security.
Pros
Great Paying Job
Cons
Everything Else
stressfull environment, low morale
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2016
high volume of incoming and out going calls daily, billing payments, escalated calls, technical support troubleshooting, appointment setting, sales, upselling, and customer retention. Sending emails to supervisors, technicians, and customers.
Pros
free lunches working during bad weather
Cons
no sick days
No Job security
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 15, 2015
It is commission based sales. You can lose your job for coming to a meeting late without warning. Tread lightly here. You go door to door selling alarm systems. You are given company leads sometimes.
Pros
Lots of advertising make brand recognisable
Cons
No job security
Great employees, family atmosphere
Inside Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2015
CPI is a stable, growing company that can provide fulfillment to ambitious, driven people. Much is expected, much is given.
Pros
Great employees, family, music events and sports tickets
Cons
Corporate environment
Great Place to Start working
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 14, 2015
I currently work at CPI and have enjoyed it over the last couple of years. I have worked hard for them yet unfortunately there is no real advancement in this field.
Pros
create your own schedule
Cons
upper management likes to overreach

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPI Security Systems. Our community is ready to answer.