CPI Security Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Long hours unpredictable pay
Installer/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Morrisville ncJune 14, 2015
My day involves installation of security systems at an average of 2 houses per day, Or 4 to 6 service calls . Learned how to install cctv/dvr. Management never bothers me as long as i do a good job.16 hour work days are the hardest part of the job. Most enjoyable knowing that you may have protected your customers from fire or burglary.
Pros
Company Vehicle and gas card
Cons
unpredictable pay
Very enjoyable with lots of perks
CENTRAL STATION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at CPI. They treated their employees with love and care. Everyday was different as the job entailed many different responsibilities. Management was great. They were fair and just. I love my co workers. They made the time spent there very fun and energetic. The hardest part of the job was maintaining composure while a customer was in distress. The most enjoyable was our family fun day at the theme park once a year. I truly enjoyed my job.
Pros
free lunches, going to the theme park for our family fun day
Cons
short lunches
Want to work days, nights & weekends for little pay?
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
CPI has an excellent product, training and service. But the Atlanta market is tough, competition is rampant and CPI is not the cheapest.
Residential security can be seen as a luxury and even clients in 400,000 homes can fail credit. Or some hate the contract 3 or 5 year or the $50/month.
Must love door knocking and cold calling. You also compete with CPI's inside sales team in Charlotte that gets first dibs on all new homebuyers before you do and if they do not close them you are the one to go out to the home and do it and get less pay for it.
Be prepared to work hard, very hard.
Pros
keurig, occasional free lunch
Cons
low pay, no work/life balance.
Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 22, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Cares about keeping its employee's. Worked hard to make sure they were appreciated. Has some outdated technology (meaning behind the scenes.. not as far as security) that would make the office run smoother. But overall you will find good people to work for and good job.
A Company on the move
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2013
it's a go go go type of field, always moving fast. great training and experience for field sales and management
Great company with high focus on sales and making employees successful
Residential Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2012
* Meet with customers to design a package based on their needs
* Great place to learn the selling process and negotiation skills
* Managers at CPI did a great job of providing encouragement and motivation for meeting monthly sales goals
* Corporate culture was great and co-workers help make CPI such a warm place to work
Sold and taught customers how to use there home security system.
Residential Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2012
A solid home security company based out of charlotte nc. Has a great reputation. Hardest part of the job was getting sales leads.