CPI Security Systems

CPI Security Systems Employee Reviews

VERY ENJOYABLE WITH LOTS OF PERKS
CENTRAL STATION OPERATOR (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches, going to the theme park for our family fun day
Cons: short lunches
I enjoyed working at CPI. They treated their employees with love and care. Everyday was different as the job entailed many different responsibilities. Management was great. They were fair and just. I love my co workers. They made the time spent there very fun and energetic. The hardest part of the job was maintaining composure while a customer was in distress. The most enjoyable was our family fun day at the theme park once a year. I truly enjoyed my job.
Want to work days, nights & weekends for little pay?
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: keurig, occasional free lunch
Cons: low pay, no work/life balance.
CPI has an excellent product, training and service. But the Atlanta market is tough, competition is rampant and CPI is not the cheapest.
Residential security can be seen as a luxury and even clients in 400,000 homes can fail credit. Or some hate the contract 3 or 5 year or the $50/month.
Must love door knocking and cold calling. You also compete with CPI's inside sales team in Charlotte that gets first dibs on all new homebuyers before you do and if they do not close them you are the one to go out to the home and do it and get less pay for it.
Be prepared to work hard, very hard.
Past Employee
customer service/sales (Former Employee), charlotte, ncAugust 18, 2014
split shift, Fast paced, answered phones non-stop. Learned a lot about the security business. Management was always encouraging & very helpful. In every place you have some co-workers who are hard to deal with or caddy. Majority of the co-workers were great. I would say the hardest part of my job was helping people with security alarm issues that I didn't quite understand how to fix but I was learning and if I would of stayed I am sure I would of mastered it. I quit do to a few other employees who refused to take my transferred calls from customers, a few employees labeled me as a inside spy & I did feel bullied at times from them or picked on. On my lunch break one day , I just left. I was over the bullying part by a few coworkers. I know, in my deepest heart of hearts if I would of went to management that would of taken care of it. I just told them I quit due to my children & their schedules. My fault for not admitting the real reason for my quitting. Overall, great company, caring company , just a few rotten apples.
Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCJanuary 22, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Cares about keeping its employee's. Worked hard to make sure they were appreciated. Has some outdated technology (meaning behind the scenes.. not as far as security) that would make the office run smoother. But overall you will find good people to work for and good job.
A Company on the move
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2013
it's a go go go type of field, always moving fast. great training and experience for field sales and management
Great company with high focus on sales and making employees successful
Residential Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2012
* Meet with customers to design a package based on their needs
* Great place to learn the selling process and negotiation skills
* Managers at CPI did a great job of providing encouragement and motivation for meeting monthly sales goals
* Corporate culture was great and co-workers help make CPI such a warm place to work
Sold and taught customers how to use there home security system.
Residential Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2012
A solid home security company based out of charlotte nc. Has a great reputation. Hardest part of the job was getting sales leads.

CPI Security Systems Salaries