CPI Security Employee Reviews in United States

na
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2016
Thank you for asking me this very lovely question but I choose to decline to respond on how the job was. Please use my star ratings as my response.
An okay place to work. Needs much improvement
Customer Retention/ QA Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2016
A typical days work consist of retaining customers bringing on new customers and upgrade current customers while making sure they are receiving the best experience as possible. I learned several ways to explain to a customer their value to a company. Management needs a lot of work. Was very unorganized and picks and chooses favorites when all employees should be treated equally so long as they are meeting company goals and requirements. My co-workers at this location is a part of many reasons I am seeking elsewhere. This place is very messy and personally not safe. There is so much that goes on there from property vandalism to harassment it was devastating. The hardest part of the job was dreading to attend work each day and work as is everything was okay when in reality it was very uncomfortable. Also being pushed by a useless management team. A team that expects so much out of its employees but cant even lead by example. The most enjoyable part of my job was the pay. However, I was not able to overlook everything that was happening. Money is not the only importance to me at a job. It is to make sure I enjoy coming to work and leaving each day knowing I gave it my all if not more. I am seeking a friendly environment for employment. Somewhere I feel safe and somewhere I can grow and retire with the company. Unfortunately, that place was not CPI Security.
Pros
Great Paying Job
Cons
Everything Else
stressfull environment, low morale
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2016
high volume of incoming and out going calls daily, billing payments, escalated calls, technical support troubleshooting, appointment setting, sales, upselling, and customer retention. Sending emails to supervisors, technicians, and customers.
Pros
free lunches working during bad weather
Cons
no sick days
No Job security
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 15, 2015
It is commission based sales. You can lose your job for coming to a meeting late without warning. Tread lightly here. You go door to door selling alarm systems. You are given company leads sometimes.
Pros
Lots of advertising make brand recognisable
Cons
No job security
Great employees, family atmosphere
Inside Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2015
CPI is a stable, growing company that can provide fulfillment to ambitious, driven people. Much is expected, much is given.
Pros
Great employees, family, music events and sports tickets
Cons
Corporate environment
Great Place to Start working
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 14, 2015
I currently work at CPI and have enjoyed it over the last couple of years. I have worked hard for them yet unfortunately there is no real advancement in this field.
Pros
create your own schedule
Cons
upper management likes to overreach
Great environment, great team to work with
Security Installer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 1, 2015
a typical day involved installation of security systems at an average of 2 houses per day, normally anywhere on the eastern half of North Carolina. I learned about wiring houses, ac/dc currents, securing your home, and social skills with a diverse group of people. I loved management and my co-workers, however, there is not a lot of interaction throughout the day because you work alone for the most part. The hardest part of the job is the puzzle of learning and problem solving how to run wires through a house without exposing the wire. The best part of the job is the feeling of accomplishment you have when you complete a task.
Pros
Plenty of alone time driving between jobs
Cons
long hours and no way to balance work/home life
Decent Company
Direct Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCApril 17, 2015
CPI Security has good benefits and even better connections. Oftentimes you will get free tickets to a Panthers, Knights or Bobcats game. They try to make it fun and professional
Customer Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2015
With CPI I would conduct surveys with customers regarding the installation of their security systems, as well as service calls surveys. I would also assist customers with troubleshooting their systems and educate them on the proper use and maintenance of their systems. If applicable, I would discuss upgrading customers' security system to a newer system.
Pros
I felt proud to help families feel secure.
Cons
No understanding with employees balancing home life and work life.
Recession Proof job
Central Station Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2015
Great to have a recession proof job. Hours are never cut. Overtime is available if desired. Employee benefits are available.
stable schedule and helpful enviroment
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2015
There was always a manager around to help. Everyone worked as a team to help each other out. I learned about other different companies and the way each system works. I liked trouble shooting with customers a lot. If I could I would train to be in tech support because I enjoyed the technology they have. Most enjoyable part of the job was waking up to even go to work. It is blessed to have a job to wake up and go to.
Pros
only worked about two weekend days a month
Cons
not being able to move to a different department
Security at construction site
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 2, 2014
foot patrol
gate checks
lot checks
door checks
bathroom checks
growing company, needs to compensate long term employees mores
Technical Support Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2014
good growing company. family oriented company flexible with hours. Yearly annuals are missed many times and compensation usually doesn't match tenure with the company.
work work work no life outside work
Security Account Representaive (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 12, 2014
CPI has an excellent product, no one else compares to their Real Time Response. Sales reps are superbly trained. Although your trainer is not very nice, she can be quite nasty at times but she is very good at what she does.
Monthly rates and contracts can be hard to swallow for some but they are the best at what they do.$49.95/month for 5 years.
Not great to work for as the Atlanta market is tough, ripe with competition. You might work all hrs of the day, nights and weekends. Its just sporadic. Salesforce.com is your daily tool. You will cold call A LOT. You will knock on doors, you will make lots of phone calls. It is hard to make money and their compensation package sucks.
If you are in Charlotte, CPI rules there, sales are easier to make and you have the corporate office right there.
CEO is in touch with his team through emails and you may or may not meet him in person.
Pros
free keurig in office, free lunches/dinners sometimes
Cons
inexperienced management, low pay, no advancement
Good job is you enjoy sales
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 7, 2013
It's a great company to work for if you are someone who loves sales and working on 100% commission.
D2d outside sales
D2D Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2013
from the Management to the Sales Tranining, Customer Service is one of the Best in that business
Pros
management
Cons
low pay
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2013
Working at cpi security was very rewarding and fun. I was allowed the opportunity to work in different deparments and gain valuable work experience
Pros
free trips to various events
Cons
heathcare, long lunch break
Great benefits
Customer Service/Collections/QA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 5, 2012
Good company to work for. Lots of phone work. Learned a lot about the security business.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
terrible hours, no flexibility
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 7, 2012
I have learned a lot from CPI, I have learned alot of HR process as in how to do new hire paper work, back ground checks, drug test, what to do when someone is let go and how to handle it.
Pros
free security system
Cons
not being a part of a team