CPR Cell Phone Repair Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work environment with chance to learn useful skills
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 2, 2016
I learned a lot about providing great customer service, and enjoyed the work environment of CPR Cell Phone repair. The hardest part of the job is adapting to the changing industry.
great job bad management
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 15, 2015
I was hired kowing I had no prior work experience, sent training on to come back and get let go smh don't get me wrong it was a great trade to pick up but But realistically if your management doesn't have any technician background thEnglish there not going to understand when you tell thim something can't be fixed or is unrepairable or they will get frustrated When you have unsuccessful repair which happens sometimes. And honestly you don't get paid enough for what you have to do $10 an hour is Chuck change compare to the stress level that you go through on a daily basis.
Pros
expelectronics working on different phones/electronic and using different tools
Cons
not trustworthy, things get done behind your back, too stressful
Fun but also stressful place to work.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2015
On a typical day you will fix smartphones all day, replacing things like cracked screens and damaged charger ports. The amount things you will learn how to do after about a year the 10 dollars and hour is not even close to enough for what you have learned.
Pros
laidback
Cons
no room for opportunity, low wage, irate customers, no benefits.
A complete waste of time very unprofessional!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson,Clinton MSDecember 4, 2014
These people are a joke! I have worked in the computer and mobile electronics business for the better part of twenty years. The guy hires me then after two weeks gets the Tech manager to do his dirty work and call and tell me "it is not working out?" Hey people I think you are not giving someone enough time to get back up to speed on hardware repair. I have repaired thousands of systems, worked for dozens of different companies doing contracts in the past. I have performed work on my own for customers, with my own company, and none of those people ever had any complaints about any of the services they have received. I mean how many iPADS do you think a normal person has repaired? Like I have a giant pile of them here to practice with. The way I see it, it is their loss. Their big $8.00 - $10.00 hourly wage does not impress me. I made more per hour washing dishes. Do yourself a favor and "Shake the tree for higher berries as my grandmother says. Have a nice life CPR, I would not go back to work for you, if you made me the CEO today.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 29, 2014
CPR Turkey creek is a laid back highly productive place to work.
False Promises.
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 20, 2014
A typical word day would include arriving to work at 10:00 am and then proceed to the work load of the day. Some of witch are as follows, repair and micro-soldering on Apple, Samsung, Blackberry, Amazon products. I was trained by the company on all aspects of the job. And specific training from the companies mast tech at the time. My coworkers were nice decent people but there language skills were not up to par to run a store. I was the one person conceived in the united states. The hardest part of the job was screen diffusion on galaxy phones. The best part of the job was the training.
Pros
type of work
Cons
false promises
Thiers no job I cant handle.
Gadget Tech (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 9, 2013
Very fun person to be around but I also get the job done. I've picked up different skills from all my job, very good listener, Words doesn't just go in one ear an out the other. Learned a lot from working customer service, It really taught me how to talk/treat people with respect.My outside life never interferes with my work. Sometimes at work Ill make it my job to make people smile to try an make less tension between everyone.
Productive and laid back environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 3, 2013
We repair all types of Cell phones, tablets, laptops, game systems and other electrical devices. Everyone works really well together, everyone has fun at work,
Pros
learning to repair all different types of electronic
Cons
hard work not enough pay
Fun Place to work...BUT
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 9, 2012
If you like electronics and know a little about cellphones then this is the company for you, fun place to work is laid back. Down side is you will never make more than 10 to 11 an hour or have any room for advancement.
A busy and hectic workplace with irate customers wondering when will their device be fixed.
Product Specialist and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 26, 2012
A typical work day at CPR was when customers would come into the store to see if their phone , labtop, or camera could be fixed. Usually I would tell the customer that their device could be fixed and that they could keep their device until the part was delivered.
While working for the company I learned how to treat water damage phones and how to take apart some of the devices correctly.
Before management changed the operation of the store ran smoothly and the customers always had their devices fixed within that week. After the new management came thimgs started to get a little back-logged.
I only had two co-workers to work with at the store. The manager was always stressed and upset about the customers calling and asking when will the devices be ready. The other co-worker was really nice and helpful when the store became busy.
The hardest part of the job was reminding customers that their part had not arrived yet to fix their device, or to come to the store and pick up the device that has been ready for weeks.
The best part of the job was when I could help an angry customer become a happy customer.
Pros
helping customers, fixing devices
Cons
short breaks, no healthcare, always back-logged