CPS, Inc.

CPS, Inc. Employee Reviews

It was ok
Security Guard (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2015
It was ok security was really not my thing. It was an easy job signing in customers and the tenants were awesome. There was no room for growth and the pay was too little.
i liked working there but i did have some issues
Intern (Former Employee), Braunig lake, TXJuly 31, 2015
Pros: theres was a great chef in the cafeteria.
Cons: had to do everthing cause im a intern.
They seem to be going the way of hiring contractors. when my internship finished a bunch of people were either laid off or forced to retire. my co workers were fine, and I learned a lot about power generation and the electrical system.
Great working with clients
Receptionist (Former Employee), Enterprise, ALJuly 25, 2015
A typical day was busy with tax clients and that was also the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job was working with the customers that speak other languages. I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers, I have to say that the management was not educated enough, and did not have a personality to have that job title. I learned a little about preparing taxes.
Diverse environment and self directed environment
Coordinated School Health Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Diverse work environments
Cons: ever changing systems and policies
A typical day in the office included a visit to a neighborhood school to sit in on a student evaluation. The clinical team and I would discuss systems in place to provide appropriate support to the student. – more... If there were areas that needed further development, the clinical team would discuss ways to improve and/or how to remove barriers that prevented such interventions.

While the most fulfilling part of the job was providing assistance to students and educators, the hardest part of the job was providing assistance within a system that had various layers of managers and directors. This did not allow for recommendations to be seen quickly. However, once interventions were put in place, positive outcomes were able to be received and implemented for sustained levels of success.

I also enjoyed traveling to various schools to experience the different learning environments. As a multi-tasker, being able to work with various schools at a time gave me a constant flow of assignments which allowed me to work better. I also enjoyed working within a team that was supportive and collaborative. – less
Sales
HR Sales Consultant (Former Employee), PhoenixJuly 15, 2015
HealthTECH focuses on improving performance management systems in healthcare by providing IT staffing and consulting solutions.
Productive place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tewksbury, MAJune 29, 2015
They train you how to work in every area available. Great co-workers to work with. Overall a great experience in my career.
Rewarding work in a sometimes cutthroat culture.
Professional Development Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJune 16, 2015
Pros: Opportunities to create and to make a difference in the lives of students.
Cons: Too many changes in leadership due to political shifts.
When I moved from the classroom to management positions in CPS, I learned about the political maneuvering that took place behind the scenes, an area in which I was not previously interested. However, when – more... I was given a project that involved analyzing and implementing the real work that goes on in a classroom, I considered that my time to shine. Evaluating quality instruction and coaching teachers and principals was my specialty, and I enjoyed being part of the progress that CPS made in that realm. – less
Great Company to work for
Security Manager/ Supervisor (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYJune 10, 2015
Great Opportunity for advancement and promotion within the company.Good contracted location sites to work at. Excellent uniforms tailored fitted for all security officers.
hard times
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMay 11, 2015
Pros: good co workers
Cons: lack of mamangement communication with the workers
We had a lot of mamagment lack of communication skills, just too many supers would leave and then all the schedules were lost or just not consistant. I learned to make the best out of the situtation by keeping a good attitude and being a team player. I would check my schedule and if it seems questionable I would ask and see how we could make this better..
Always on the go to many towns throughout Idaho serving papers.
Process Server (Former Employee), Utah-main locationApril 20, 2015
Driving for many hours in and out of the car delivering paperwork. I had to make sure all the paperwork was organized by town and in order of address as to not to have to double back on one street several times.
I learned better ways to navigate.
During this job I mostly worked alone, the only time I dealt with management is if there was a problem with paperwork.
Challenging workplace where deadlines are met and handled effeciently.
Elementary Teacher (Current Employee), John J Pershing Humanities Magnet School, Chicago,April 6, 2015
Pros: exercise program to relieve stress
Cons: healthcare, family oriented environmnt
a typical day requires attendance of twenty two students. Management of the assignments. Bathroom breaks, lunch monitoring, small group as well as large group instruction. Directing aides to complete duties.
productive
S.A.V.E. Program Intern (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 1, 2015
Always something to do and learn from the community resources, engaging with families and children. Case manage and documentation.
Fun place to work the students where very nice.
Summer Job Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago ILMarch 22, 2015
Pros: helping with the students needs
Cons: no time for self.
Nice place to work the students and staff where great, I miss it dearly.

learn to deal with others in crisis or in a school matter.
The principals where all good
Wonderful school to work or attend.
Specialist II (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXMarch 5, 2015
This school provides a balanced liberal arts education and they staff are approachable and professional. I would recommend it to anyone.
This job developed me into the person I am today
Sears Hardware (Current Employee), Parma, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: has supplied my family and myself with the lifestyle i have today
Cons: with the economy the way it is the franchise is not surviving.
Sears/CPS Operations has been a huge part of my life for the past 11+ years. I have learned a lot from selling, customer service, product knowledge and working with the public. I have also learned how to manage a store, train, interview and run the whole store.
My first full time job after graduating from High School
Administrative Assistant/ Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 20, 2015
This job taught me a lot. During the 16 years I had several turnovers with supervisors, partners and staff. I did learn at this job starting out @ 3.50 hour and when I left after 16 years I was making 8.50 hour. Not much money but the over time was great paydays.
Very rewarding
Special Ed Classroom Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: very rewarding job makes the hard work worthwhile.
Cons: social services program changes and cuts to programs and resources.
Assisted Special needs teacher with presenting and teaching learning plans to highly functional special needs high school students.
Very relaxed place to work
Marketing Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: lots of traveling and attending great seminars
Cons: pressure to keep up with industry changes
No face to face traffic, all phone contact with Producers and Clients...
putting packages together for the Producers to sell to their clients
speaking to patients over the phone to help solve problems – more... anywhere from money not being deducted from their accounts to how can they change there policies, or how long will their policies last if they put X amount of dollars per month into them...(running illustrations and looking for the correct plan for the patient...Lots of knowledge in the insurance industry needed in this position to help the agents and the clients. – less
fun and different
security (Former Employee), miami,flJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, fun envirement
Cons: pay, hours
santas enchanted forest
secure all areas of park and ride lines
keeping peace of all guests
Administrative Clerk/Teller
Administrative Clerk/Teller (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Performed routine clerical and administrative functions such as scheduling appointments, manage calendars, organized and maintained deposit files, data entry, filing, and provided information to customers. – more... I also worked with cash handling as a Teller and operated UTS System and NCR processors for proper deposits. I also assisted Director of Financial Services to resolve bank errors and adjustments through extensive research. – less
Industry