CPS, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Ability to help children
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
Pros: Close to home, good pay, good benefits, working with children from all different backgrounds and working with them to better their future, very friendly and hardworking co-workers

Cons: Unprofessional administration, retaliation from administration towards employees they did not like, day started at 5;45 a.m., not challenging enough.
Pros
Close to home and good hours
Cons
No job security, too much favoritism, very unprofessional administration
productive workplace and good environment. only downside where heat conditions in the summer but we adjusted to the environment.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work would be clock in at 10pm walk to the assembly line that i was assigned to that night. Prepare my surroundigs for the workforce then start my daily duties. After all my duties were complete, I would clock out at 7 am.
Pros
Money was great.
Cons
short breaks, and terrible work conditions sometimes depending on the weather.
Great place to start
Investigator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 6, 2016
It's a nice place to start, but it's hard work. The pay is not commensurate with everything that you are asked to do. I love my supervisor and co-workers; they are phenomenal and make the job less stressful. My previous county was very political, and cutthroat.
Pros
Very flexible with my health concerns
Cons
Not enough pay; very hard work conditions
Busy, productive and educational.
School Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisJune 2, 2016
A typical day is busy talking to and helping students and parents. Registration and enrollment and helping the teachers as much as I can. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the students grow each year.
A company with potential
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 21, 2016
A good company to start and grow with. Hierarchy can get bogged down to few inside people, but overall a good company.

Not flexible when it comes to scheduling and other work life balance aspects
BD Internship Review
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 22, 2016
Must be able to work independently with little supervision

Strong interpersonal skills

"go-getter" attitude

Must be able to give an engaging presentation
Productive and fun place with morning snacks
Office Assistant I, II & Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 21, 2016
I loved working at CPS. There is nothing bad I can say about this place. Loved my co-workers. I learned a lot about test administration and the importance of quality work. The hardest part was balancing workload during busy times.
The most enjoyable place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2016
I love this employer because I enjoy working with children, the workers take you under their wings, they have no problem helping out
Good Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Greenville, PAMarch 20, 2016
This is a good company that has production and employees.
I work hard, i come in early, and leave late, its a manufacturing facility, with nice infrastructure.

good candy machines that engineers enjoy!
Pros
close to 422
Cons
none, place to work
Very busy
Texas Department of Family Protective Services (Current Employee) –  Tarrant County, TXMarch 28, 2016
It is a very demanding job and overwhelming job. You have to know how to balance your home life and job life. It will prepare you for any other social services job in the future.
Working for CPS...
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2015
If you love children and are interested in their educational development then this job would ideal. The greatest lessoned learned working for CPS is to get in good with the people that are in leadership. You could be the best employee in the world, but if the administrators don't care for you then more than likely you'll deal with friction and the petty antics of them trying to replace you with one whom they favor. The most enjoyable part of this job is watching the kids that you instruct blossom into young men and women who will one day impact the world for the better.
Pros
Benefits, Summers off
Cons
Short breaks
Great Co-Workers
Guidance Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2016
I had the opportunity to wok along side of some wonderful people and I valued their friendship so much. We were like family.
productive place
Furniture Installer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, MDApril 14, 2016
good place to work , a lot of traveling. but wages made it worth it looking for a routine schedule and room for advancement
Pros
wages
Cons
traveling
A good place to work.
Reassigned Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2015
Working for CPS gave me a chance to fulfill a dream. Assisting students in developing life skills while watching them grow and mature is what I have always wanted to do.
Pros
Coaching sports
Cons
Job cutbacks
Baurocratic Nightmare
Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2016
Much of the day is spent following guidelines from top down. No room for creativity.
Multiple layers of administration.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Resources
Great place to help children excel
Dean of Students/ Student Advocate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2015
Some of the schools are under funded and under resourced in the public school system. The kids may not have the support system outside of the school walls that prepare them to be good students which lead to many gaps in their learning experience.
Reservationist (Current Employee) –  syracuse,nySeptember 24, 2015
I enjoy talking to new and interesting people each and everyday and knowing that I am helping them whether it is transferring the call to someone who can better assist them or me being able to assist them, the management team is wonderful always there to answer any questions you may have.
Great working with clients
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALJuly 25, 2015
A typical day was busy with tax clients and that was also the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job was working with the customers that speak other languages. I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers, I have to say that the management was not educated enough, and did not have a personality to have that job title. I learned a little about preparing taxes.
Hard to work with too many chiefs
Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 10, 2015
the manager was hard to deal with she had her kids working with her and there was very strict rules on the cleaning process that were not followed
i liked working there but i did have some issues
Intern (Former Employee) –  Braunig lake, TXJuly 31, 2015
They seem to be going the way of hiring contractors. when my internship finished a bunch of people were either laid off or forced to retire. my co workers were fine, and I learned a lot about power generation and the electrical system.
Pros
theres was a great chef in the cafeteria.
Cons
had to do everthing cause im a intern.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPS, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.