CPSI Employee Reviews in United States

Love it!
worker (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 27, 2016
Great company to work for, couldn't ask for a better job. I love my boss and all of upper management.If you are looking to start a career this is the place to be!
Nice place to work
Interface Support & Implementation Rep (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 28, 2016
Nice environment, great co workers, good benefits. Been there going on four years and with all jobs it has its ups and downs but overall a good place to work.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Not much room for advancement
really loved my schedule and not having to work on weekends
Medical Billing/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 16, 2015
At CPSI, my days were really busy. I always had work to do. The schedule I had was awesome. The management always did their job in a timely manner. Advancements in this company took forever, however good things are worth waiting for. Co workers were really great to work with.
Pros
excellent schedule, awesome co workers
Cons
advancement and benefits
N/a
Medical Account Collector (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LANovember 1, 2015
CPSI is a good place to work the schedule is pretty flexible and the managers are very understanding.TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
CPSI/Evident is a great start out of college and can also be a career.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, AlabamaOctober 12, 2015
CPSI has a team of upper management that shows their employees they really care. There is a great bunch of diverse people working here and you will easily find people with the same interests. Travel is an interesting part of some positions at CPSI and if you have the right mindset and gumption, you can take advantage of these trips.....after the work is complete obviously.
Pros
Great health/prescriptions benefits
Cons
Driving across the Bayway and into Mobile.
Good Company
Interface Implementation HL7 Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 15, 2015
Worked there for 2 years and learned a tremendous amount from management and co-workers. This company got me into the field that I love and want to continue further career goals. Management was excellent in working with employees.
Great work atmosphere
Senior Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 19, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Great atmosphere, both in the office and when on site. Constantly busy. Helps one learn time management, how to prioritize tasks, etc. Responsible for taking calls, dealing with clients on a daily basis via phone and email, leading install teams when on site, learning and teaching new software, etc.
Pros
Great management, benefits, staff
Cons
Travels a lot
Fast Paced Environment
Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 16, 2015
Began my day calling medical insurance companies to inquire on payment status of medical claim. If claim had not been received I would send the insurance company medical claim along with medical records and primary payment information (if patient had a primary insurance carrier). If claim denied then I would file an appeal.
The hardest part of the job was a workman's comp claim and getting medical records sent from patient's physician to workcomp carrier.
Pros
very good benefits
Cons
management
Love working to resolve medical bill issues for resubmission
Insurance Follow-up Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lanett, ALJune 30, 2015
I start my morning by clocking in, then log in for my Medicare reports and then start my calls for the day that have been assigned by management. I have learned the importance of HIPPA laws to protect the patients privacy. My co -workers are great to work with. The hardest part of my job would have to be not always having the resources needed to get the job done efficiently and the most rewarding part is when a claim is paid to the provider that I have made correction to.
Pros
Great Medical Insurance and flexability
Corporate Opportunities
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 14, 2015
I worked at CPSI for two years and loved every second of it. I worked here part time through school, and chose to leave to run the horse farm at Sycamore Run Farms.
Temporary position
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 30, 2015
I worked for CPSI for a brief time in Monroe, Louisiana. I enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere as well as the other employees.
Pros
The employees were able to dress to impress everday.
Cons
Temporary.
Learned so much
Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 9, 2015
This company took me all over the U.S. I would be in Maryland one week and the next I would be on a plane to California. I learned an incredible work ethic from working with CPSI. Along with the demanding hours, I also learned customer service skills, computer skills and organizational skills.
I did my job well.
Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 8, 2015
I had a variety of positions at which I liked some more than others, but unfortantely was good at the position I disliked the most. Hince my resume jumping back and forth to Claim Resolution Specialist. This would also be the hardest part of my job along with having to make a quote by the end of the week that some sites (facilities) could not meet. The most enjoyable part of my jobs were when I did not have a quota to meet.
Great work environment and great benefits!
Receptionist/Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAFebruary 27, 2015
Great job with great hours, and very good health and dental insurance. I learned so much about how to be a great receptionist and multitasking while learning so much about insurance accounts.
Pros
great benefits, good pay, and good hours
great place to learn and improve your skill
SQL Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 12, 2014
Working with Oracle and Microsoft sql server database,
1. loading data using bcp, bulk insert..
2. using TSQL and advance sql do the data cleaning, transformation
3. using scripts generate report
Cronyism and Favorites Mar Potential
CPSI Employee (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 10, 2014
You had better be related to someone there.

It would be especially helpful if your relative is in a position that is higher up and then you can move forward without ever being exceptional at any one position.

Friends are advanced over better qualified and professionally proven individuals. The atmosphere is southern backward and most people are simply collecting a check as oppossed to trying to advance the company or product (see relatives above).
Pros
decent healthcare
Cons
low pay, not professional, poor advancement opportunities
Good place to start but not to stay long term
Software Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 22, 2014
CPSI has a good training program for its support reps but unfortunately the travel is like 80% of the job so unless you like living out of a suitcase I can't recommend it to anyone who isn't single. Also the compensation is below industry standards and company morale is low despite record profits and stock prices. Most people stay long enough to gain experience and then move onto better companies like McKesson or Epic.
Pros
good helpful coworkers and managers
Cons
low pay, low morale
Productive workplace
Follow-Up Agent (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 13, 2014
Very understanding and works with employees, they make sure you have the tools and knowledge needed to be successful with various training classes
Electronic medical record software
Support Representative - Clinical Division (Former Employee) –  Mobile ALSeptember 23, 2014
A typical day at work varied greatly.
I instructed hospital staff who purchased CPSI's electronic medical record software package by traveling to their site, or taught online WebEx classes, ,or supported call queue to resolve problems.
This software package includes: appointment scheduling, registration
,insurance pre-cert,medical necessity, and surgeon procedure preference card charging.

I learned software applications that enabled hospitals to utilize an electronic medical record. Several managers were transferred into my department from other areas of the company but only had a rudimentary knowledge of this software package. Employee turn over made it a challenge to have enough trained co-workers available.

The hardest part of the job was trying to unravel unforeseen tech problems. Sometimes we did resolve them and that was most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
Pros
access to high tech devices
Cons
high pressure environment with extensive travel
Cspi
Medical Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  monroe,laMay 30, 2014
This was a great job with great co workers. I enjoyed my time here