CPSI

CPSI Employee Reviews

Temporary position
Customer Service (Former Employee), Monroe, LAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: The employees were able to dress to impress everday.
Cons: Temporary.
I worked for CPSI for a brief time in Monroe, Louisiana. I enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere as well as the other employees.
Learned so much
Support Representative (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 9, 2015
This company took me all over the U.S. I would be in Maryland one week and the next I would be on a plane to California. I learned an incredible work ethic from working with CPSI. Along with the demanding hours, I also learned customer service skills, computer skills and organizational skills.
I did my job well.
Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 8, 2015
I had a variety of positions at which I liked some more than others, but unfortantely was good at the position I disliked the most. Hince my resume jumping back and forth to Claim Resolution Specialist. This would also be the hardest part of my job along with having to make a quote by the end of the week that some sites (facilities) could not meet. The most enjoyable part of my jobs were when I did not have a quota to meet.
Great work environment and great benefits!
Receptionist/Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Monroe, LAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good pay, and good hours
Great job with great hours, and very good health and dental insurance. I learned so much about how to be a great receptionist and multitasking while learning so much about insurance accounts.
great place to learn and improve your skill
SQL Data Analyst (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 12, 2014
Working with Oracle and Microsoft sql server database,
1. loading data using bcp, bulk insert..
2. using TSQL and advance sql do the data cleaning, transformation
3. using scripts generate report
Cronyism and Favorites Mar Potential
CPSI Employee (Former Employee), Mobile, ALNovember 10, 2014
Pros: decent healthcare
Cons: low pay, not professional, poor advancement opportunities
You had better be related to someone there.

It would be especially helpful if your relative is in a position that is higher up and then you can move forward without ever being exceptional at any one position.

Friends are advanced over better qualified and professionally proven individuals. The atmosphere is southern backward and most people are simply collecting a check as oppossed to trying to advance the company or product (see relatives above).
Good place to start but not to stay long term
Software Support Representative (Former Employee), Mobile, ALOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good helpful coworkers and managers
Cons: low pay, low morale
CPSI has a good training program for its support reps but unfortunately the travel is like 80% of the job so unless you like living out of a suitcase I can't recommend it to anyone who isn't single. Also the compensation is below industry standards and company morale is low despite record profits and stock prices. Most people stay long enough to gain experience and then move onto better companies like McKesson or Epic.
Productive workplace
Follow-Up Agent (Former Employee), Mobile, ALOctober 13, 2014
Very understanding and works with employees, they make sure you have the tools and knowledge needed to be successful with various training classes
Electronic medical record software
Support Representative - Clinical Division (Former Employee), Mobile ALSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: access to high tech devices
Cons: high pressure environment with extensive travel
A typical day at work varied greatly.
I instructed hospital staff who purchased CPSI's electronic medical record software package by traveling to their site, or taught online WebEx classes, ,or supported call queue to resolve problems.
This software package includes: appointment scheduling, registration
,insurance pre-cert,medical necessity, and surgeon procedure preference card charging.

I learned software applications that enabled hospitals to utilize an electronic medical record. Several managers were transferred into my department from other areas of the company but only had a rudimentary knowledge of this software package. Employee turn over made it a challenge to have enough trained co-workers available.

The hardest part of the job was trying to unravel unforeseen tech problems. Sometimes we did resolve them and that was most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
CSPI
Medical Collection Representative (Former Employee), monroe,laMay 30, 2014
This was a great job with great co workers. I enjoyed my time here
Overall good
Physician Informatics Analyst (Former Employee), San Gabriel Valley, CAMay 23, 2014
Pros: learned new skills
Good learning experience. Got opportunity to deal with physicians and other professionals.
Potential to succeed
Special Projects Team/ Collections (Former Employee), Mobile, AlMay 8, 2014
Pros: easy job to learn
Cons: pay
Talk to customers and hospitals
Dealt with collection agencies
Sending accounts in bad standings to collections
I liked most of my co-workers
The job was easy for the most part but I still had to deal with irate customers at times
good start job
Support Rep Trainee Level II (Former Employee), Mobile, ALApril 28, 2014
If you just want a 9 5 this isnt a bad place to work. Horrible pay vs the industry average. Tons of travel so u will rarely have a full weekend unless you did not travel for work that weekend. The software is low end so they have a lot of problems with it but overall it runs well for the price compared to other softwares. They are really good at helping hospitals to get meaningful use money from the government. The office environment is very fun. All of the managers are usually cool and very flexible with you. Biggest complaint for me was the lack of weekend and the pay vs the industry avg.
Traveling job with great benefits but very micromanaged.
Software Support Representative (Current Employee), Mobile, ALApril 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: travel
Taking calls for technical issues when working in-house and training and educating hospital staff when on the road.
Travelling to Train Hospital Personnel in Medical Software
Medical Software Trainee (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 3, 2014
Pros: good pay when finished training.
Cons: travelling to train others without proper previous training for me.
Sat at computer for 8 hours, 8 weeks, to be trained. We were not given adequate, professionally-done, interpretable instruction.
N/A
Medical Billing and Coding (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 26, 2014
Poor Management, work overload low salary. Positive great training.
1st "Real" Job after College
Conversion Coordinator (Former Employee), Mobile, ALDecember 13, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay
This was 20 years ago and any review I offered would not be indicative of current or recent environment.
It's a descent company with low pay
Administrative Assistant/Contracts Dept (Current Employee), Mobile, ALOctober 29, 2013
Pros: learning a lot
Cons: some of the management
It's an ok work environment. It's pretty non stop. I landed a bigger job at this company in January of this yr. In the home health Dept as a rep that teaches nurses how to use our software. After waiting 6 months, and being told that whole time that the job was mine, the company decided to not fill the position. The job would have doubled my now low pay. I've been moved to another position doing much more work with no advance in pay. I've been employed here almost 2 yrs. part time at first then when full time later. My day consists of pulling calls from the que, calling and finding out needed info. Handling Contracts with our hospitals Nationwide. faxing,typing, copying,scheduling setups with our hospitals and our payers nationwide. Making sure Insurance company paperwork and our hospitals are linked for claims and remits. Lots of little details to remember.
having a place to eat
Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Mobile, ALOctober 11, 2013
Pros: having lunch on the job site from different places
Cons: standing on your feet for long period of time every day...
my typical day at work is standing behind a stuffing machine for more then 8 hrs a day....
i have learned how to use the data entry on the computers...
the management is great and they treat their employees like kings and queens...
my co-workers are great as well, if you need some help they were there to help out in anything you needed...
the hardest part of the job is standing up for a long period of the time during working hours...
the most enjoyable part of the job is making money and staying over to make overtime..
Great working conditions
Application Representative (Former Employee), Mobile, ALSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: job security and opportunity for advancement.
Cons: located too far from family.
Great job and benefit package. Resigned to move closer to family.

CPSI Salaries