CQ Roll Call Employee Reviews

Once productive and collegial work-place, with unfortunate continual changes in management
Business Development Manager & Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2017
For the past few years, I worked at CQ Roll Call in the Sales/ Customer Service Department. During my tenure at CQ Roll Call, I was hired as an Account Executive where I worked with a dossier of about 200+ clients. I was responsible for on-board training of our software, technical support, customer service, growth of existing client-contracts promoting other products/ services, as well as being responsible for retention; negotiating the renewal of their annual contract.

After one year, a position was created for me, as the Business Development Manager; to help guide the Sales Team as well as new-employee development.

I worked with multiple departments from managing projects involving client surveys and product enhancement projects, to acting as a liaison between sales, marketing, and product to ensure customer satisfaction in addition to my primary concentration of business growth. I enjoy breaking down the elements of the larger goal and working with team members from different departments on their various micro-projects in order to form an over-all focus and direction.
Pros
I was able to work independently for a majority of my tenure
Cons
I had 4 managers and 5 different compensation plans in 3 years of working there
Very laid back environmet
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2013
I worked in the customer service department, it was a very laid back environment I enjoyed the personable experience and the friendly atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with clients, and getting to know them on a personal level. The most challenging part of my job was learning new programs that we received little training, which meant a lot learned by trial and error.
Pros
Monthly travel assistance
Cons
Little training on new programs
News gathering/dissemination business
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2013
News/Publishing industry is tough in recent times. Enjoy the work, benefits are good. Company believes in teleworking, which is good for flexibility. Thin on bench strength as result of staff reductions.
read below
Senior Customer Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2012
The cmpany had changed over my 15 years of employment. had some pretty good co-workers. I learned more about the political proccesses that I could ever imagaine. Internally and on Capitol Hill. Managment was ever changing. Company become less stable. The leadership was not the best.
Pros
hard working people
Cons
uncertainties with management
Important place for congressional news and analysis
Manager, Account Management Team (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2012
The CQ brand has long been associated with quality journalism and legislative intelligence. I am proud to have worked there.

It's a unique place to work and always an exciting challenge.
Pros
modern office with good amenities
Cons
employees tend to stay and can make advancing a slow process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CQ Roll Call. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8