Crabel Capital Management is an investment firm managing over $1 billion in assets.
We are seeking a career-oriented person to serve as a member of our software development team, implementing, maintaining, enhancing, and optimizing mission-critical software supporting the operations of a financial services company using C/C++ in a Linux environment.
Team members contribute to the design of programs and systems, work with other members of the team, analyzing, designing, and developing solutions to business problems and contribute to the ongoing improvement of the software infrastructure.
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills using C++
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Proficient working with the Linux operating system for software development
- A minimum of 5 years recent hands-on, professional programming experience
- Willingness to work in different development environments and languages
- Experience with communications and real-time data acquisition, preferably in the context of securities trading or financial services
- Understanding and experience with the implementation of multi-tiered architectures
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in mathematical/technical sciences, preferably computer-related, especially Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer Communications
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate with non-technical users
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Must be willing to stay abreast of new technology
- Superior problem solving skills
- Familiarity with trading desk environment
- Experience programming in Python or Java
- Experience with databases (SQL Server) including Stored Procedure development
- Experience with test driven development and design patterns
- Working knowledge of UML and software modeling in general
Crabel received the 2014 CTA Intelligence Performance Award for best diversified CTA over $500m. We offer a challenging and exciting career with a generous benefit package. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter for consideration. Please include the job title of Software Developer in the subject line.