Crabtree & Evelyn Employee Reviews

Very good place to work with great management
Selector (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, CTNovember 8, 2017
I have worked at Crabtree and Evelyn a few times, they often have temp employees come in and work because they don't always have a huge rush of work. Which is good, who wants to stand around and do nothing all day, waiting for work, I absolutely love working for this company....great management, great work ethics, have no problem showing you the products or explaining anything about them. Your truly noticed for your work.
Pros
great pay, good people, awesome hrs
Cons
mostly temp work
fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJNovember 7, 2017
upper management were very difficult to work with. No follow through or answers to help store improve .Product levels were extremely light difficult to make sales goal.
Pros
products sampling
Cons
low customer volume
Good place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2017
The manager I had named I will not provide but, he was unprofessional and pessimistic. I was willing to work until his attitude got in the way of my job. I was forced to quit. Typical day at work was cool. I learned opening and closing operations.
Company with strong product but lack of structure/direction
Global Demand Planner (Supply Chain Management) (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, CTOctober 5, 2017
Currently going through a system conversion that was not vetted properly prior to execution. This has caused many complications in the day to day work process for all departments.
Communication among individuals is lacking from all levels of company. There are limited processes in place to allow for understanding or improvement.
There needs to be more guidance from the management level in order to organize individuals and the priority of work. Strength of management can vary between departments.
The culture of the company was optimistic but as time passes there is definitely tension growing. Stress of not having a good understanding of the direction of the company is wearing individuals down.
Hardest part of the job is trying to do my specific job without the proper data, resources, or support.
Overall the individuals that do work at this company are friendly and all want to try to improve the business.
Pros
Flexible with my schedule, decent benefits
Excellent job if you like customer service
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 1, 2017
Crabtree & Evelyn (pronounced- Eve, as in Adam and Eve, lin) is a great job selling beautiful and nice smelling products. Warm close knit staff and loyal customers Easygoing professional atmosphere that takes product knowledge/training seriously. I was the Sales Supervisor, which is the third highest position, right after Assistant Manager. The position requires you to make a minimum of twenty percent (20%) of the store sales, which is not as difficult as it sounds, as long as you like people and are good with customers. I love working here and made some very good friends. Plus, I always smelled nice. The only downside is that because the store and staff are so small, a difficult personality or dour mood, can taint emotions for the rest of the staff. This place is best for those with cheerful personalities who work well with others. Also, Crabtree & Evelyn's doesn't have the most competitive pay, but the good atmosphere usually makes it an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Relaxed, good store discount, well made products, thourough training material, great staff, nice customers
Cons
Tight quarters, okay pay
Relaxed small store
KEY HOLDER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2017
nice environment, very slow paced just not that much room for improvement, and corporate does not really communicate that well. Overall, the pay, relaxed space, and flexibility are the best parts of the job.
Pros
fair pay, relaxed, flexible
Cons
slow, no room for advancement, poor communication
uncertainty
Retail Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, CTSeptember 18, 2017
Spending 18 years at this company, I experienced many ups and downs. The current culture is one of great uncertainty as they are trying to 're-create' all aspects of the company.
Pros
for me it was close to home
Cons
job security no longer exists
Overall very positive place to work for retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Conway, NHSeptember 11, 2017
Great company, great product, good environment in the retail sector. Managers tend to be high quality and supportive, though difficult business environment makes it hard to reach KPI goals.
Rate of pay needs to be competitive to attract and retain high quality staff- and you get what you pay for. Store Managers were without exception pretty fun, hard-working great team players. You will do well at Crabtree if you are willing to work hard and have an upbeat attitude.
The hardest part of the job is the physical nature of being on your feet for 99% of your shift and moving product around the store.
Customers are mostly great- CTE has a loyal fan base, so tends to get good people who are nice. This is not typical of retail!
One negative- management needs to listen more to the people in the stores.
Pros
good work environment, team atmosphere
Cons
most staff get fewer hours than they want/need, rate of pay needs to be higher
Quiet and easy environment to work in
Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Natick, MASeptember 7, 2017
Slow paced store with little traffic perfect for an easy job. Computer system is outdated but with time it is manageable. You are usually alone in the store as a supervisor
Boring place with poor management
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 6, 2017
The management at my location lacked guidance and I felt put down whenever I spoke up about something or if I had made a mistake. The management is very unprofessional and gossip a lot about the employees and other stores. It was fun at first to work here until I realized the lack of management and how there was always favoritism among managers. They were also hypocrital, allowing some things to get passed by or overlooked depending on who had done it. They also had no trust in the team members and I felt as though we were treated like children.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 17, 2017
this was my first job so I did learn a lot about being responsible and making sure my job gets done, greeting customers, offering samples of our products, rang up customers, wrapping gift boxes on holidays, maintaining cleanliness at all times.
Alright Company
Store Construction and Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, CTAugust 9, 2017
Learned the company culture and operations of a 35M retail big box store, planning, communication, setting high expectations as well as creating and working in a fast-paced environment. Trained in all management functions including Manager On Duty, Front End Supervisor, Stock Crew Supervisor day/overnight, Human Resources Manager, Planning Manager, Operations Manager and Store Manager.
Constantly working and strict rules, but bright and fun medium-paced workplace
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 24, 2017
The job itself isn't difficult, but the company and management was not very organized. I learned a lot from this job dealing with a leadership role because it did force me to learn to develop my creativity and problem solving skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I built with the customers and my coworkers, however the hardest was dealing with clumsy management errors and their lack of cooperation in dealing with issues that arose. Also, the company is very strict with their policies and dress codes and failure to comply would result in write-ups.
No job security working in the warehouse. They only hire temps I worked my butt if there for 10$ an hour.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, CTJuly 14, 2017
I worked in awarehouse through a temp agency, I was a hard working single mother till I came home from work all day to a message not to return to wrk.
Pros
Free product
Cons
You can be let go at anytime for no reason
Good to build sales career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2017
Helps to grow a career in sales for someone who has never worked in this field. Also gives minor operations experience depending on the title, such as shipment.
Affordable luxury body care.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 19, 2017
This company has been around for generations, and I see it everyday working there. I've met customers of all ages, from all walks of life. They are really focused on offering quality products at a wonderful price, and they really deliver. They also are always adapting and developing new, fun products. It is a very exciting and interesting company to be with.
Productive learning environment
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 16, 2017
Crabtree and Evelyn was a wonderful please to work it got me into striving to create more organic products. I loved that all their products were base organic.
n/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 15, 2017
You did absolutely nothing 90% of the time. You took care of shipment and other small tasks and that was usually the extent of the day. Its the job for someone who wants to get paid for nothing.
Terrible terrible terrible
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2017
This place is god awful boring. The stores are so dead you literally go insane trying to find something to do. With the prices and type of clientele it's hard to reach goals and keep conversion where they want it to be. If you don't mind being alone all the time this place is for you but expect to bored, alone, and miserable.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Boring, alone all the time
Great place for advancement
Retail Admin Assist/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, CTJune 9, 2017
Great environment. Learned a lot from this position. Was able to advance. Co workers were helpful. Management did play a big role in advancement and employee recognition. Wish I never had to leave.
Pros
free samples of products
Cons
having to leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crabtree & Evelyn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9