Crabtree & Evelyn Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 4, 2016
Have truly enjoyed working for Crabtree, just wish communication was better with corperate to store level. As far as retailers go very nice environment to work In, great support from upper Management.
Pros
Work life balance, training, Produt, customers
Cons
Product ourages, unclear communication from. Coroetate at times feels a little unplanned.
Disappointing Job
Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJune 18, 2016
I worked for this company as a Selling Supervisor for 3 years and I did just about everything my manager didn't do much of anything, I only got 1 raise and I practically had to beg for it, they are a very cheap company as far as paying associates and pressure for making personal and store goals if you don't make your goals they will just replace you. Product is good but overpriced the atmosphere is nice like a Boutique setting. It's ok for a second job if you don't mind a lot of nights and weekends and working alone most of the time they say you have to have a break but when you work alone how can you get one, to me it's a messed up company.
Pros
Boutique type atmosphere, Employee Discount is good.
Cons
Pay, working alone a lot, pressure on making goals, not a lot of customers.
July 26, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that the boutique environment is great, and the employee discount is generous. The business did go through a tough time when we were unable to provide pay increases. We feel fortunate that we were able to provide merit increases this year, and look forward to continuing to do so as the business improves.

Unfortunately, there are times when staff is working independently based on the needs of the business. We try to minimize this as much as possible, but it becomes necessary at times.

Thank you again, and best of luck.

Sincerely,

Human Resources

It's an okay job
Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAJanuary 24, 2017
I worked here for a little over a year as a key holder.
Our manager had been there for quite some years, she was laid back for the most part and was nice to work with...
the part i loved the most was our close-knit group of girls, there were about 6 or 7 of us, but we always worked two or three at a time, so it was always fun being together.
I loved working here, i loved the product, i loved that we got a half price discount... i hated to leave the company, i was ecstatic to leave the dull outlet mall that it was located in, however.
I was a keyholder, i was hired right off the bat as one...
we only made $9.00 an hour. We were expected to do so much, so much paperwork, so much upkeep, and our pay did not reflect that unfortunately, which is why i needed to leave.
Pros
fun environment, nice product
Cons
district manager, slow, worked alone alot
Productive and fun
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJanuary 7, 2017
Great management, kept everyone busy but was productive. Kept everything around clean and made sure customers were content with their customer service. Handled money in the register and taking money to the bank effectively and efficiently.
Quiet work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2017
This was a nice quiet place to work. Not very many employees and never got too busy. Great quality products and had good management.
Workplace Troubles
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYJune 13, 2016
I loved working at Crabtree and evelyn at first. The Manager and the current customers were wonderful. After a few weeks of closing the store I figured out that everyone was talking behind each other's backs. I learned quickly to keep my mouth closed about anything personal. I learned how to unload shipments and how to price and shelf things according to corporate's diagrams. I learned how to operate a cash register for the first time and how to close the registers at night. I learned all the financials paperwork that needed to be filled out each night. The hardest part of the job was balancing my morals when everyone was doing things on the job that weren't moral. The most enjoyable part was talking to amazing customers who really didn't know what they wanted and I could talk to them about all the products to help them.
Pros
Working Alone
July 26, 2016

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you learned so much while you were with us. If you'd like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to reach out to me directly at jfisher@crabtree-evelyn.com

Sincerely,

Human Resources

Only good for part time very short time employment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 22, 2016
Easy place to work as a second job or as a very part time employee. I was with the company for two years with no raises even though I brought my store back from being the worst in the company. Bonuses were a joke(if they ever even gave us the bonuses promised) and the goals expected by each employee was unattainable. The product was never restocked so day after day loyal customers to the brand were being turned away because we wouldn't be able to get it in the store for months. Every store would be out, even online. Loyal customers went elsewhere to get their products, I know I would.

The company I started working for when I started was not the same company I left two years later. It's sad.
Pros
Easy work, smells good, loyal customers
Cons
No advancement opportunities, no bonuses, unorganized, sinking fast
July 26, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear your experience with us was not what you had hoped. The business did go through a tough time when we were unable to provide raises. We feel fortunate that we will able to provide merit increases this year, and look forward to continuing to do so as the business improves. We also did go through a time when keeping the stores fully stock was a challenge. We have since rectified that problem, unfortunately, it wasn't during your time with us.

Thank you again for your comment, and best of luck.

A knowledgable company in the cosmetic industry with amazing products
Store Manager & Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 15, 2016
I had a great experience, but the company closed many retail locations. They are mainly run by website transactions and some Outlet locations. I worked my way through the company from sales associate to store management. I had great training from upper management. Team worked for the same goals and were passionate about the products. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning all the ingredients to the products and sharing product knowledge with my staff. There were always training meetings to ensure the company brand was well represented through the product knowledge of employees.
Pros
Free samples, intense product training seminars, great teammates
Cons
closed retail locations, little work/life balance
Npd
New Product Development - Sr. Manager of R&D (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, CTJanuary 23, 2017
very fast paced, project tends to change direction in the middle of development. Need to take a recourse and try to complete by the original established timeline. Work with new fragrances and test in different bases. The enjoyable part of the job is working with my team. They are awesome, roll up their sleeves and help one another.
I'm not sure how this company stays in business.
Part-time Sales Lead/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 24, 2016
The company is frequently sold out of product and offers more online deals than in-store deals. The rarely offer raises for employees even when they consistently make their sale goals.
Rather than innovating the brand they seem to favor raising the price of product and offering less of it.
Pros
Great product
Cons
no raises, outdated
It doesn't get much better in the retail world.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAFebruary 16, 2017
I was beyond impressed with experience at Crabtree and Evelyn. The care that goes into every aspect of the job is inspiring.
Great coworkers
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, CTDecember 17, 2016
They lay off great, long-term employees who know their jobs and care about the company and keep cheaper poor employees who don't give a #%*+ about the company. Don't get comfortable because you may be next!
slow
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PAFebruary 25, 2017
Unfortunately this store has closed. It was beautiful product, but the company is struggling and chose to close this location.
No Growth, poor management team
Selling supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2015
Management here will literally make fun of you to your face. Will not provide any raises (even though some people I know here have been here three years & the minimum wage went up). The company is so small that you can't complain to corporate because they all know each other. And there is no room for growth since it is such a small company. The best part of the job is the leniency in availability.
Pros
You meet some great customers
Cons
No growth, management makes you feel small, low pay
Moved to Boca looking to decrease hours
Recptionist adm (Former Employee) –  Phila paAugust 28, 2016
Moved wanting Pt hours. Very articulate and great with people work pt with seniors🐶🐶🍦🐶🍦

Looking for sitting position mainly

Phone work
Diversified office
Not bi lingual
Pros
Looking For less hours
Cons
Fast paced enviroment with fun co-workers
Seasonal/ Gift Pack Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, CTApril 14, 2014
A typical day at work was that it was very monotinous. It was also extremely repetitive. All it really was, was making sure the little travel sized bottles were in the correct spot it was given to be package up and shipped out. The management was extremely nice. They made sure that you had no issues or concerns for the day. My co-workers were very funny and we had fun talking while we were doing our jobs on the production lines. The most enjoyable part of the day was the breaks. I loved how they offered lunches, snacks and drinks during that period. There really was no hard part of the day. If i had to list one, it would be making quota's for the day. But that really was no challenge to me. I felt like they had set their standards real low. I was able to go above and beyond expectations. Sadly it was only a seasonal job.
Pros
I loved the hours, the pay, and the benefits offered.
Cons
It was very repetitive.
Great Company, not led by the best people.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: (Speaking from the store-level) The people you work with are great! Being around such smart, focused, hard working, kind and funny individuals is what will keep some people there long after they are ready to go.

Cons: The money and benefits are't what they should be. The leadership development needs some review. Coming from one of Forbes' best places to work, Victoria's Secret, I learned how high the expectancy of a management team and their training process should be; I sadly can not say that this company follows a similar belief. The company lacks in cultural inspiration and has questionable ethics and/or morals.
Worked with a great staff, corporate was a different story.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  I 35 Prime Outlets San Marcos, TXJanuary 11, 2014
When I joined on at this company I knew advancements would temporarily be unavailable due to the company going through bankruptcy. The company was later bought out and is now doing better. Even so, the corporate office made sure there was no room for any advancements and like any other new corporation wanted to bring in their own employees. However, the staff is extremely welcoming and I have never seen a group of employees work better with one another's schedules and also emergencies. The store was kept up well and the dynamic made it easy to stay on top of paperwork and other things. Had there been chances at advancements and possibly benefits I absolutely would have stayed with this company.
Pros
Relax environment, great group of people to work with, schedules made to fit everyone's needs, everyone treated everyone well.
Cons
No advancements, no benefits, required a lot from employees, but gave no incentive, ex. bonuses, company lunch, paid time off
Nice place to work
Liquid Assembler (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, CTAugust 1, 2016
It was always a pleasure in coming to work everyday. I worked with a lot of nice people. It was very clean work environment
Pros
N/A
Cons
Short breaks
Crabtree & Evelyn
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJanuary 5, 2016
· Improved sales and profitability resulting in the location begin recognized as the (XX #1) within 3 months from arrival.
· Managed major marketing promotions to increase store sales partnering with Aventura Mall as well as with other local businesses and restaurants.
· Created unique ideas to generate store traffic, including a Spa Month promotion.
Hired, trained and supervised sales associates to ensure superior customer service, staff morale and brand standards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crabtree & Evelyn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9