Crabtree & Evelyn

Crabtree & Evelyn Employee Reviews

Fun and Challenging
Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 10, 2015
Working in specialty retail, you truly take ownership of the business. Everyday analysis of all KPI and business opportunities. Where did we miss opportunity volume? This position taught me to find the missing money. I found that that I stretched beyond my four walls to creatively brainstorm with my team and my district. That knowledge gained leaves me grateful to all mentors willing to teach me to be more effective in execution of all company directives.
very unstable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Woodstock, CTApril 23, 2015
Pros: great product
Cons: everything else
was laid off along with 24 others due to "company restructuring". Morale was extremely low, favoritism is rampant. New owners are horrible...they do not support the employees and are just in it for the money
Good for Students
Sales Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: co-workers are always kind
Cons: management is very unorganized and there is no recognition for hard work or accomplishments
Working on the sales floor and communicating with customers in a fast paced environment; Product Demonstration- “expanding the sale”; Product Knowledge Memorization; Register; Handling Money; Closing and Opening Accounts and Registers; Stock; Cleaning; Window and Shelve Display
Great Product
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule during the holidays
Cons: seasonal position
I love the product at this store. The customers are wonderful to work with and selling to them has been a wonderful experience. As I have learned the product, sales has become easier and my UPT and ADS have increased. I have learned a lot about body lotions, hand creams, etc. I have also learned how to listen to customer needs and help them find what they want and help them add on to their sales to make for a great buying experience. The hardest part has been when a customer comes into the store and after spending over 30 minutes with them, they decide that they do not want to make a purchase.
Great Company, not led by the best people.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: (Speaking from the store-level) The people you work with are great! Being around such smart, focused, hard working, kind and funny individuals is what will keep some people there long after they are ready to go.

Cons: The money and benefits are't what they should be. The leadership development needs some review. Coming from one of Forbes' best places to work, Victoria's Secret, I learned how high the expectancy of a management team and their training process should be; I sadly can not say that this company follows a similar belief. The company lacks in cultural inspiration and has questionable ethics and/or morals.
Great Temporary Job
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: 50% off store products.
Cons: company hasn't distributed raises to anyone but managers in 3 years.
Great place to gain experience, but unfortunately not somewhere you will grow within the company. Very unfair management.
Great products that are easy to get people excited about.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: product discount.
Cons: could be more support from upper management
Typical day was cleaning. High standards for merchandising. The staff was great and there was a team vibe. Hardest part of the job was selling high priced items but the product was great and easy to demo so with the right attitude it was possible.
There is no job culture
Management (Former Employee), Baltimore areaJune 6, 2014
Pros: 40 hour work week and great prop
Cons: everything else
You can forget about job security as well..... District manager had a problem with being honest with her employees so it was hard to tell what was going on and the company seems to like to blame the stores for their transgressions. Do not recommend unless you can't find employment elsewhere.
Great customers and enjoyed my job. Management was not fair.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Grove City, PAMay 5, 2014
I worked for this company for 6 years. Loved my job, my customers, my co workers. There has been MANY management changes throughout the years I have worked there and policy changes. In the last 6 months, they decided to start writing people up for not reaching monthly sales goals. Very stressful atmosphere!! It was unfair, everyone worked very hard, we just did not have the business due to a harsh winter and a new store opening an hour away. At this time I was also battling cancer for a year, I never missed a day of work!!! I also feel my health insurance was an issue in them letting me go. Very disappointing after my 6 years of loyal service! The company does not care about their employees!
More than the average toiletry shop
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2014
This company is one of the best organizations I have had the opportunity to learn and grow with. They offer their employees the opportunity to gain knowledge through product knowledge but also offer the opportunities for growth. I my self went from part time sales, to selling supervisor, and finally an opportunity for a full time position with great benefits and bonuses. Management is highly supportive and inspirational. Great Unique Organization.
Fast paced enviroment with fun co-workers
Seasonal/ Gift Pack Associate (Former Employee), Woodstock, CTApril 14, 2014
Pros: i loved the hours, the pay, and the benefits offered.
Cons: it was very repetitive.
A typical day at work was that it was very monotinous. It was also extremely repetitive. All it really was, was making sure the little travel sized bottles were in the correct spot it was given to be package up and shipped out. The management was extremely nice. They made sure that you had no issues or concerns for the day. My co-workers were very funny and we had fun talking while we were doing our jobs on the production lines. The most enjoyable part of the day was the breaks. I loved how they offered lunches, snacks and drinks during that period. There really was no hard part of the day. If i had to list one, it would be making quota's for the day. But that really was no challenge to me. I felt like they had set their standards real low. I was able to go above and beyond expectations. Sadly it was only a seasonal job.
intense store
Selling Supervisor (Former Employee), Skokie, ILApril 4, 2014
Pros: great sales incentive programs
Cons: benefits
Opening and Closing procedures. Bank Deposits, Problem solving skills. THey have great sale incentives programs.
Quality Documentation Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Woodstock, CTMarch 24, 2014
Pros: company is good
Typical day at work is genuinely busy.
Learned my job and nothing more.
Management is fair.
Coworkers are friendly.
Mulit-task
Loss Prevention Coordinator (Current Employee), Woodstock, CTMarch 14, 2014
Currently, I hold the position of a Loss Prevention Coordinator at Crabtree & Evelyn. During my three years hired for Crabtree & Evelyn, the position of a Pricing Specialist was also my responsibility. I was working for a temp agency when I relocated back to my hometown after a two year move. Crabtree & Evelyn was the company the agency first sent me and was requested back for another two positions during that time. Also, Crabtree & Evelyn extended my contract for additional months during the temp position. Originally I applied for the Customer Service Representative position at Crabtree & Evelyn (as I had experience in the role through the temp agency) but was hired in an advanced position due to the company observing my enhanced work ethics.
Great company but ready to move on
Store Management (Current Employee), Destin, FLMarch 5, 2014
• Interview and hire. Motivate staff to meet and exceed established sales goals and objectives by developing effective sales incentives
• Leading by example with top sales performance
• Providing excellent customer service
• Managing stock levels
• Analyzing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximize profits
• Using information technology to record sales figures and for data analysis and forward planning
sales and demonstration of product
Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: employee discount
maintaining store and introducing, recommending new lines or products to fit the needs of our clientele.
Good retail
Field Training & Store Manager, Chicago (Former Employee), ChicagoJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: quality product
Cons: went bankrupt
Standard retail, but nice products. Long hours and somewhat over reliance on outside products.
no comment
Export Lead Shipper (Former Employee), Woodstock, CTJanuary 21, 2014
i don't know wish to comment on this company at this time. I enjoyed working there for many years. Management in my opinion treated the employees poorly.
Worked with a great staff, corporate was a different story.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), I 35 Prime Outlets San Marcos, TXJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: relax environment, great group of people to work with, schedules made to fit everyone's needs, everyone treated everyone well.
Cons: no advancements, no benefits, required a lot from employees, but gave no incentive, ex. bonuses, company lunch, paid time off
When I joined on at this company I knew advancements would temporarily be unavailable due to the company going through bankruptcy. The company was later bought out and is now doing better. Even so, the corporate office made sure there was no room for any advancements and like any other new corporation wanted to bring in their own employees. However, the staff is extremely welcoming and I have never seen a group of employees work better with one another's schedules and also emergencies. The store was kept up well and the dynamic made it easy to stay on top of paperwork and other things. Had there been chances at advancements and possibly benefits I absolutely would have stayed with this company.
Great place to work. The customers are loyal and truly appreciate the experience of shopping in the stores.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 9, 2013
The best part of C&E is the customers. They make all the hard work worth while by sharing their stories and memories of the products and genuinely being happy to be in the environment.

About Crabtree & Evelyn

Founded in 1972 by Cyrus Harvey, Crabtree & Evelyn has evolved from a small, family-run business – specializing in fine – Read more

Crabtree & Evelyn Salaries