Cracker Barrel Employee Reviews

Found 3,545 reviews matching the search
Productive work place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Sturbridge, MAFebruary 21, 2017
As a restaurant in the highway, the server have to give a fast and efficient service to the guests. We are very experienced with working in pick hours. The staff is great and always try to work together. The priority is to give the guests the best customer service possible.
Good restaurant to work for with good benefits
Server (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VAFebruary 21, 2017
Good training to prepare you for your position, ability to work multiple positions if desired, semi flexible scheduling. Open door policy.
Pros
Restaurant and retail store discount, paid vacations that increas with how long employed, health care offered, half off meals before/during/after your shift
Cons
Must work weekends on both days
Job was amazing
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Work was everything you could want out of a first job the management did their job making sure others were on point with being a people pleaser. I loved it and the people starting off seasonal was the perfect amount of hours and an experience i'l never forget.
Pros
awesome employees
Easy to get hired, not many hours/pay with little to no opportunity for advancement.
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHFebruary 20, 2017
Pushed by management for sales. Unfair and very bias workplace with hours depending on how well your sales are. (Wasn't informed during interview or orientation). Opportunity to cross-train to a different position available only to certain associates. Very late on evaluations and raise not given upon passing exam for evaluation. Lastly, guaranteed 20+ hours a week, have worked less than 10 every week since 3rd week of work.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Too long to list.
I loved serving at Cracker Barrel
Server (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INFebruary 20, 2017
I always had fun meeting new people and showing them what fun cracker barrel was to work at and to visit. Getting to meet new people every day was one of my favorite reasons for working there. The management was very nice also and very flexible.
Always on your toes
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNFebruary 20, 2017
Working here was often stressful, especially on weekends. I had to constantly be alert and aware of changes in volume of business, customer's needs, the atmosphere in the dinning room, and the needs of my other coworkers. I learned the meaning of patience and developed a more open mind. Many of the customers coming through were very friendly and a lot of those were regulars who became like family. Management was awesome and always willing to help when I needed it, as well as other employees. They really held true to the mission statement "Pleasing people."
Fun, fast paced environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 19, 2017
Lack of income assurance due to the nature of being a server, management is helpful and sets you up for success, regular customers are a major part of the business
Pros
Friendly customer base
Good place to start serving experience
Server (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILFebruary 19, 2017
Good place to begin a serving job. I have learned how to correctly spot seat guests, handle work with a smile, provide accurate and good descriptions of menu items while being able to take food and drink orders correctly. The management is very friendly and will work around your schedule.
Overall a great company to work for.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNFebruary 18, 2017
I open the retail store for business. I take care of the morning cleaning and stocking. it is overall an excellent company to work for. The only downfall is I don't get as money hours as I would like weekly.
Swinging door job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 17, 2017
They dont pay much at all, the tips are horrible, they treat their employees like dirt. They pick favorites. If you arent young and cute they wont like you.
Overall good job
Hostess (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Not as many hours as i would like, or pay, but have moved up twice already and gotten two pay raises. Management is nice and helpful with any problems.
Pros
Moving up oppertunities, cross training available
Cons
Not many hours given, often cut early
need work
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCFebruary 16, 2017
the company is OK until a point . will i ever go back? i don't think so. but they have looked out for me and gave me a job when i was look for one. management really needs work
A typical busy day
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 16, 2017
waitressing and a typical busy day. hardest part of the job was really nothing, the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
short breaks, inconsiderate
Cracker Barrel
server, I (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAFebruary 16, 2017
- great place to work at if you enjoy people
- rarely ever a slow work day
- great teachers to show you the ropes
- management were kind but strict
- wonderful people
- almost everyone's willing to help you
- workplace culture is diverse and amazing
- hardest part of the job is dealing with rude, hungry people and very fast paced
- most enjoyable part is all the great people
- Cracker Barrel has a plan to support relief efforts and their employees if you choose to donate money from your pay
Pros
Half off food (just pay with your tips), 401k
Cons
Very small pay on card if you make enough tips
Fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYFebruary 16, 2017
I really liked the management here when I worked at this Cracker Barrel The most enjoyable part of my job was seating customers and scripting them and yes sometimes even joked around with them..
if you want some good home style cooking Cracker Barrel is where it is at.
Pros
Great food, Good work enviroment, was close to home for me
good company
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSFebruary 16, 2017
This is a great . company one of the best training programs I ever seen. They take care of their team and have a lot of programs that can help you when you'
Pros
great company
Business place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Serve good old country food with good several and management make sure all servers have great positive attitude towards customers
worst place n the world to work
derver (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INFebruary 15, 2017
Management sucks....hillbillies
Food is horrible
Can't pass a health department inspection
Stay away
No team player
Every one is your boss
Severs dress nasty
Enjoyable
Cashier/Waitress/Skill Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the people that came in and getting regulars. You make the best money on the weekends or in the morning. It is also hard to get in touch with Human Resources.
Cracker barrel is generally a good place but management
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971February 15, 2017
At work mangers don't help at all for example I'm only host on staff and have to use the bathroom i ask for a manager to watch the podium so i can use the restroom and no one comes to help. I've been with the company for over a year and a half and only get 3-5 hours a week. I've had a time where a manager made a threat to smack me. only enjoyable part of this job was creating interpersonal relationships with coworkers or even the guest

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cracker Barrel. Our community is ready to answer.