Cracker Barrel
1,948 reviews

Cracker Barrel Employer Reviews

Cracker barrel
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Mangers are good to work with.
Cons: Sometimes you might not get a break
Cracker Barrel is not a job that you would not want to stay long term. Cracker barrel is a great job to first start working.
Fun and excting place to work
Retail Merchandise Handler/ Shift leader (Current Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 25, 2015
This is a very exciting job where no two days are the same. There is constantly new themes being set bi-weekly. Management was easy to work with and customers were fantastic.
Kitchen work here is hard and unrewarding
Cook (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: low pay, filthy kitchen, lots of rude staff
The managers were always nice but the kitchen work was hard and unrewarding. Not that I dislike hardwork and all but it's nice to have a sense of pride and such and it's just not there with this company. Short hours and low pay.
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Maumee, OHMarch 25, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: coaching associates
I love breakfast and early mornings, I enjoy touching tables and making sure guest are happy. Teaching servers on how to give great customer service. The intensity of the power hours, where ticket times are so important.
good place to work
Associate Manager (Current Employee), York, PAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: free meals, good environment
They sold me on the culture of the company. Getting it to be a real life thing is something that the whole management team needs to work on.
Good Experience
Server (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: no breaks, constantly on your feet.
I would do the same thing everyday, my job was to take guests orders and make sure they were satisfied with their meal and service by having a positive attitude. I learned to use the register to ring in orders and how to read and interpret them. I learned how to provide customer service. The management was not always the best. my coworkers were always very helpful. what I most enjoyed was meeting new people both coworkers and guests.
A very friendly work enviorment, filled with easy going people and a fun staff.
Dishwasher/Server (Former Employee), Richmond, INMarch 24, 2015
Pros: One discounted meal a day
Cons: Unfriendly customers
On a normal day we were well caught up and the work seemed to fly by, I learned how to work as a team and that every job is important in every work place.
Good Place
Cashier (Current Employee), Ringgold, GAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: no breaks
I enjoy working here. Have been with company for a long time and they are awesome people to work for. I would tell anyone to work here.
productive work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: breaks, enjoyable job, great co workers, paid weekley
Cons: no benefits since i was seasonal.
my daily job at work was basically promoting sales and helping the guest with any retail needs. I was only seasonal so I wasn't there long but I enjoyed my time there. I had pretty great coworkers and made friends with some people. The most enjoyable part was probably whenever kids came in and were playing with the toys and I could help show them how the toy worked and all. I also enjoyed when I had sweet customers and a lot of them came in a lot. I learned that you have to come to work everyday with a smile or a great attitude no matter what mood you were in. You needed to let the customers see that you were in a good mood and had a positive attitude.
enjoy my time there
Server (Former Employee), Perry, GAMarch 23, 2015
Meet new people everyday. I really enjoyed this work place. hostess gave equal setting an money was good. I well enjoy working with my team at night we always had a good flow
Great first job
Hostess (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great employee discount, friendly and family oriented environment
Being my first job I didn't know what to think of what to expect, but the four years i spent there were the best days of my life. I would come into work and love to see the regular customers come in. I learned quite a bit from this job and I loved the management I got to work with and the friends i worked with. Everyday was the most enjoyable part of my job.
was a great environment to work in
cook/prep (Former Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 21, 2015
work days were always fun, busy, and was learning something new from management every day.
management was awesome and co workers were always up to the tasks set for them.
High school job
Hostess (Former Employee), Bremen, GAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: 50% lunch discount
Cons: short breaks
I did not like working as a hostess. This job required too much of my time as I was already a full time student in high school.
n/a
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCMarch 20, 2015
Cracker is a great company to work for. I have really enjoyed working for them for 4 years. A typical day is making sure I am pleasing people. The most enjoyable part of my job is the guest who come in there and eat with me.
country atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee), Cordele, GAMarch 20, 2015
focuses on guest experience and 5 star service. I have been with the company for 7 years. It is a decent place to work and offers good benefits.
Gift Shop Attendant
Gift Shop Attendant (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: there wasn't a lot of hours when it wasn't a holiday.
I was a Gift Shop Atendant my job was to make dislpays, wrap gifts, clean organize and pull stock from the stock room. Cleaning, counting and facing orders, checking outdates on food and candy, suggestive sales.
Had many jobs
Cook, Back-up Cook, Prep Cook (Former Employee), Davenport, IAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed cooking at the time.
Cons: i did not have a personal life because i was always at work.
I had many jobs and the management team relied on me because I was so dependable. I gave 110% every day like I do any job. I enjoyed working for them but they needed to hire more help.
Front of the Store
Host (Former Employee), Richmond, INMarch 19, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: drama
I worked for Cracker Barrel as a host. This was my first job (at 18) and what an experience it was. The environment was lovely, as long as you avoided the drama. You have to jump through hoops to advance, but it is possible (and fairly quickly). Nothing happens, though, that doesn't happen anywhere else.
working as a server
server (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: revolving management
A typical work day at The Cracker Barrel consisted of serving guests beverages and food, making sure their needs are met, and making their visit enjoyable and pleasant. The management was constantly in transition, as the company had great difficulty hiring and retaining a general manager. The methods of operations were sometimes changed to fit the situations. Co-workers were on the most part hard working, helpful, and friendly. The hardest part of the job was the frustration of not having the appropriate tools and materials to work with. Ticket times often suffered due to human error. The best part of working at CBOCS was meeting the guests and getting to know the regulars and acknowledging and meeting their needs.
Fun work place
Server (Former Employee), Shiloh, ILMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough hours
I took care of the guest and did side work. I had advancement and extra learning. Managers let us know when we were doing wrong and helped us fix it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cracker Barrel

This company has gotten ahead in the restaurant business by holding onto a bit of the past. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store owns – Read more

Cracker Barrel Salaries