Cracker Barrel Employee Reviews

Cracker Barrel
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJanuary 17, 2018
If your willing to work long hours with no break, and can handle being on your feet the entire shift then you will be able to handle this job. There are no definite end times to shifts. Your shift depends on the customers. There are slow days when you don't make any money at all and then you have days where business is booming but there are too many other servers to really make money. Not everyday is a bad day and not every day is a good day. Your customers are how you earn your pay. Be advised that not everyone tips so don't expect it. No matter how much you do for them or how nice you are. Just know that there will always be someone else to make up that non-tipper.
Pros
50% of meal if you are working
Cons
No breaks, No definite cut times, lots of competition, fast paced
Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 16, 2018
I enjoyed the atmosphere working with a great team. Always room for growth in company . A company with family values and flex with schedule. Perfect for first time servers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short break
Infrastructure Management is a joke
Associate Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 16, 2018
It was an ok place to work. If you want to have a work-life balance, this is not the place to be. They will expect you to live there. The manager of IT there needs to learn more about managing the team instead of trying to be an engineer. To many politics there. If you like your manager always asking you what you are working on every second, then you'd love it here.
Pros
Free food
Cons
management
Good Starter Experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJanuary 16, 2018
Amazing restaurant with good values. good first job for anyone who wants people skills, problem management skills or whoever wants to go into the Hospitality/Culinary field.
Pros
discounts and good food
Cons
sometimes the customer's attitudes
Cracker Barrel
Server (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJanuary 16, 2018
Cracker Barrel is a nice and friendly workplace. Managment and team members are very helpful. At times things can get a little chaotic but that is to be expected when you are working in the hospitality industry.
Cons
No breaks, Can get intense at high volume sales hours
Challenging, fast-paced work environment.
Backup Cook (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 16, 2018
Working at Cracker Barrel provides many opportunities to learn & apply various skills that pertain to food service. A wide range of culinary & communication skills is exemplified.
Pros
Opportunities to learn & grow.
Cons
Not enough hours.
last minute move....
Sales Associate / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Had to move back home where I had family and help. Very personal reason to why I had to leave. Management was not understanding to my situation so I was wrote as a no call no show. I did call but I didn't show up due to I was in a different state all in one night.
Chaotic, tight fit
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Shiloh, ILJanuary 16, 2018
way too many employees.
Too chaotic
but it its manageable
there is a vertain amount of favoritism among workers meaning very little hours for others
Very Stressful
Host (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALJanuary 15, 2018
Very stressful for the pay. I learned a lot from Cracker Barrel. I learned customer service and how to properly host. I also trained other hostess and host.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
no breaks
fast paced sometimes stressful
Server (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Most nights you wont make much money, but others you will. Most people only get 1-2 days a week. You can pick up and trade shifts easily most of the time.

Want to know more about Cracker Barrel?

Ask a question
Server/Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYJanuary 15, 2018
This is a great place to work. Reason I left was I was not getting enough hours. Plus the customer flow was slowing down. Which as a server made it cut into my income.
Pros
Envirement was great
Cons
not enough hours
Retail Is Not Worth It
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYJanuary 15, 2018
I worked as a retail associate in the front store area. I received only 3-6 hours of work every week I was there. the manager hired too many people and didn't want to fire anyone either.
I enjoyed it.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 15, 2018
The staff and guest are very nice, everyone was so willing to help or tell you something new.The hardest part of my job was line control when we were really busy.
Normal work enviorment
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Kenneth City, FLJanuary 15, 2018
What you would expect from this type of establishment. Pretty well organized. Boss need to think as one, seem to be all over the place. Need to establish work place jobs.
Loved the work and the customers. Didn’t care for the long days!
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALJanuary 15, 2018
I loved the creative side of the job, building displays, helping customers find gift needs and creating gift baskets! I actually miss doing these things!!
Pros
Manager receive one free meal per shift, competitive discount that can be used on food or product
Cons
Long hours, required to work holidays
Stressful and poor Management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYJanuary 15, 2018
I worked at CB for a few months before I quit. The main general manager for the location i was at was sexist and had a very mean demeanor, not professional at all. He would make remarks over the speaker/headsets to me that were not appropriate. Very fast paced though and need to be able to stand for awhile and face people who want to sit in certain spots and complain about it to your face. Otherwise the company itself is good, yummy food, excellent coca cola cake!!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Stressful, fast paced, high stress
got to make some great friends
Sever (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLJanuary 15, 2018
i will not make a remark on this as to the fact i didn't enjoy my time working for this company. i have never worked for a company that didn't help the cooks or servers if there was any problems or if they were short handed.
I did not work for Craker Barrel
Merchandise Consultant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2018
I did not work for Cracker Barrel. Didn't work for this company and so I can not answer any of the question that permit me to do so . There was a mistake in this employer
Pros
Didm't Work for them
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Cracker Barrel. The management was great to work for and very understanding. The management worked with the hours I needed. The other employees were very nice.
Fun and fast paced
Trainer, Server (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 14, 2018
Cracker Barrel Old Country store is a family focused restaurant with a people pleasing attitude. The environment is exciting, friendly, and fast paced.
Pros
Good pay, reliable work.
Cons
High stress, irregular hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cracker Barrel. Our community is ready to answer.