Craft Brew Alliance

Craft Brew Alliance Employer Reviews

Laid off...
Northeast Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 26, 2014
Company was in good shape but my position was still eliminated.
Good Company
National Account Manager, Kroger (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoyed the time I spent at CBA. The 4th largest Craft beer company in the USA. CBA has great high end brands that are well known in the Western USA and growing in the East.
Find another line of work.
CBA Slave (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHApril 26, 2013
Pros: good breaks, good starting pay, some nice people to work around
Cons: horrible management, lazy workers, 50+ hour weeks, no communication, no sick days
Compensation is good, but expect for some managers to yank your chain for months and promise you raises while adding the work to your plate. Many nice people that work there, however a lot of LAZINESS. Management included with that one. Don't ever expect upper management to help you out if your having problems with your superior. I would overall suggest another job unless you are desperate. The company is slowly going more and more corporate.
Some misdirection from management
Division Sales Manager - Massachusetts (Former Employee), MassachusettsMarch 4, 2013
We had three brands under our portfolio and senior management didn't give us the chance to create programs for our area.
Great company that values it's people. Well placed to succeed.
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), Portland, ORNovember 5, 2012
Pros: the beer of course, the work-life balance and great coworkers.
CBA has been putting on some great growth every year - even through these leaner times. The business model is built on being true - to the craft brewing process, to the customer, to each other..

No surprise that they picked up Top 5 employer awards in both Oregon and Washington in 2012.

December 19, 2012

I would like for a maintenance technician to give me feed back on they like the maintenance field at Widmer. I believe they make the best brew out there, and would hope to be employed with their maintenance team. Thank You.

Productive and fun work place
Division Sales Manager, Orange County (Current Employee), Orange County, CAOctober 20, 2012
Pros: expense account
Cons: understaffed
Each and every day, I work with various retailers in the consumers goods field to ensure proper standards and guidelines for our products. I do everything from sample beer, to negotiate pricing, to training the sales staff and managers.

I am constantly learning to work with different personalities while making sure I communicate the core values of my company.

The fact that everything I do is ongoing is the most difficult part of my job. There is not very much satisfaction for a job well done because there is no closing of the books once you close a big account.

The most enjoyable part of my current job is dealing and learning about an array of diverse clientele. There are so many backgrounds i am able to work with and apply that knowledge to my personal life in order to help expand my horizons.

My management team truley believes in the products we sell and does a great job motivating me to do the same. The companies values are exceptional.

About Craft Brew Alliance

Heritage Craft Brew Alliance was formed with the merger of leading Pacific Northwest craft brewers – Widmer Brothers Brewing – Read more

Craft Brew Alliance Photos