Sympoz, Inc. (powered by Craftsy.com)
is a Denver-based start-up at the intersection of online education, social communities, and e-commerce. We produce HD-quality classes in quilting, sewing, knitting, cake decorating, and more. The Craftsy platform enables passionate crafters around the world
to learn from expert instructors – anywhere, any time – and to easily interact with instructors and classmates as they do. Learn it, make it, and even share it on Craftsy.com,
by posting projects for inspiration and feedback or selling in our free-to-list indie patterns marketplace. Just over a year old, with 95 classes and over one million users, Craftsy is already a leader in the social crafting space – and there’s so much more
Sympoz, was founded in May 2010 by an experienced executive team from eBay, Yahoo!, and ServiceMagic. The leadership is strong, and
supports every employee in building and moving the company forward each day. We learn on the fly, and respond quickly to user feedback and ideas. The office is fast-paced and fluid, with the long hours start-ups are known for. But we like to have fun, too:
like any good start-up, there are video games, rock concerts, paintball, and bottomless snacks.
Craftsy is looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter with a passion for data-driven problem solving to help take our marketing efforts to the next
level. The position will provide strategic input to senior leadership, and work cross-functionally within the company to facilitate testing and experimentation. It is an ideal opportunity for a person with a quantitative background to get hands on experience
in a fast-growing internet startup.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to strategic planning and execution of initiatives across all marketing functions: email, social, display, SEM, events, affiliates, print,
TV, radio, sponsorships, etc.
- Direct marketing analyses and reporting to determine marketing ROI and resource allocation
- Leverage SQL database to answer strategic questions and generate actionable insights
- Design and run experiments to evaluate marketing tactics (e.g. pricing, messaging, etc.)
- Conduct market research to inform product development
- MBA or masters degree
- Bachelors degree in quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, or engineering
- Five+ years experience ideally with at least two+ years experience in consulting, investment banking, or private equity preferred
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skill set
- Experience with SQL and proficiency in Excel required
- Ability to think creatively, structure ambiguous problems, and synthesize analyses to generate insights and actionable plans
- Predisposition to find an 80/20 solution and focus on rapid iteration of ideas
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, timelines, and deliverables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a bias for being concise
- Rapid learner who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Commuter Benefits, and unlimited vacation/sick time
Craftsy is conveniently located in LoHi, with easy access to downtown, the Cherry Creek / Platte River bike path and I-25.
To be considered for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you're interested in this position, your
relevant experience and some short and/or long-term career objectives (in other words, what do you think you can gain from this position as it relates to your personal and professional goals?).
***PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR SITE http://www.sympoz.com/jobs/