CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries Group, Inc.

CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

good money but a stressful environment
Server/Cocktail (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 19, 2017
I worked at Old Chicago for 3 years. I enjoyed the fast paced work environment most of the time. Most of my coworkers were amazing but the managment left something to be desired.
Nice to interact with guests
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2017
The restaurant is too small with too many cussing cast members. And it's a tough working environment. I've. Never worked in the restaurant industry as it is but apparently am required to run food when I have no training and clean tables and all that stuff adds up
Because I wasn't trained to carry plates otherwise I would be a server.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no holiday pay, no health benefits, no overtime pay. To say the least.
Good Company
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 6, 2017
Good Company to work for. Plenty of room for advancement in certain departments. Other departments are overworked. Fun and relaxed atmosphere for the most part
Stay away
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2016
Most unprofessional place ever with no corporate structure. Broken systems. Absolute joke! Employees always being locked up .
Pros
Pay and health insurance are good
Cons
Everything else
Craftworks
Employee (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 16, 2016
The company used to be a great place to work. Now, not so much. Leadership is lacking. The executive team pushes a transparency/trust initiative, while seldom living it.
Pros
Free beer
Cons
Under payed, Under staffed
high volume restaurant
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2016
I worked with a great management team for many years at a very busy restaurant .we also had a high volume of banquets due to the two banquet rooms that we owned
Used to be a good company
Corporate Slave (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 31, 2015
Used to love my job here but that went downhill fast. Becoming too "corporate". Not focused on the customer or the staff anymore. Trying to implement principles that make no sense. Your job should be to serve and satisfy your customers and that is not what they are doing. Empty promises. No communication. Treats the employees like total garbage unless you drink with them outside of work. They also like the incompetent morons who do nothing over the employees who are actually working. Used to be a busy restaurant but the new things that corporate are forcing employees to shove down guests throats is driving them away. Hard to make money in the company when no one wants to eat there anymore. The corporate empire is like a high school dressing room, always drama and back stabbing with no stability. Fail to promote the people who deserve it. This company is turning into a corporate nightmare that should crumble to the ground within years if they don't change how they are running their restaurants.

DO NOT WORK HERE! THIS PLACE WILL MAKE YOU HATE YOURSELF!
Working at CraftWorks is challanging but rewarding
Director of Strategic Supply (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, ColoradoSeptember 17, 2015
Working at CraftWorks was wonderful. The people I worked with are in many different departments. We worked as a team to make sure our guests were happy and returning to our restaurants. I worked with a large group of different people from Vendors, distributors, chef's, marketing and training. Negotiating contracts was the easy part of the job it honestly is just working with others making sure your needs are met and there is a benefit on both sides. People are people no matter what title they have, I truly believe treat everyone fair but tough and that is a great outcome.
Pros
Great Concepts, working with good people
Cons
I don't have many cons about this job or company
Strong Culture for excellance
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2015
Strong growing company in the Brewery restaurant segment. All new corporate management team, and two corporate offices for support. Growing and making changes for strong industry growth.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Poor life/work balance
good place to work
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  flJanuary 13, 2015
over all good place to spread wings an learn a good trade from knowledgable carpenters
Grreat place to work.
FOH Supervisor/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs Co.December 8, 2014
Great place to work, fun, enthusiastic. they have pool tables games for adults and kids.
Pros
Being a certified trainer i was able to enjoy 70% off at all craftworks resturants.
Cons
Didn't get breaks that often.
Excellent place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 24, 2014
A very busy upbeat restaurant with excellent staff. Excellent food and a great place to spend so many hours in the work week.
Lots of Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington DCAugust 7, 2014
Good, fun concepts with good food and environments. I loved the restaurants themselves and enjoy their philosophies. However, looooooonnnngggg hours - I was expected to work 6 days a week with shifts being over 12 hours each - I was basically expected to work whenever needed. Lots of accountability on managers too - if something went wrong on your shift, no matter what it was, the higher ups put blame on you.
Pros
Free shift meals; big discounts; fun environment
Cons
Long hours; Not always understanding higher ups
National Restaurant/Micro Brewery Chain Corportate Office
HR/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 5, 2014
Oversee Payroll/HR activities for 1 of 3 major brand concepts under Craftworks. This includes approxiamtely 50 Nationwide locations with 7000 employees. The company is completely paperless and uses ADP for payroll processing. The company also uses a web based portal for accessing employee payroll information. I maintain all process related to hourly and salary bi-weekly employees for this brand.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Deadlines means staying until they are met.
Recentley merged company moving in progressively universal direction.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 24, 2013
This company is progressively becoming more universal accross its newly merged brands. The compensation division is becoming paperless with the implementaiton of Pay Cards and with online accessability of pay statements. Management is strong during this period of merger confusion and relies heavily on strengths of its team to pull together in times of need when things were overlooked. The hardest part of the job is having to learn from mistakes. Mistakes happen when 3 different processes are trying to become one universal corporate procedure. I had anticipated there would be greater room for advancement to a higher level to meet my education and training equivilence. However, the merger has left the advancement opportunities far, far in the future it seems.
Pros
The company offers really good healthcare benefits, discounted prices(70% off total bill) for dining
Cons
Lack of room from advancement to my current level of training and education.
Largest casual segment Brewery Restaurant
President/Board Chair - CraftWorks Foundation (Former Employee) –  Denver CoJuly 29, 2013
Multi Unit Management of several brands within the company.
Fast paced and fun environment with never-a-dull-moment.
Sr. Designer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 31, 2013
Since our merger with Rock Bottom Restaurants in 2011, there have been many growing pains. Going from 31 restaurants to 189 overnight presents many, many challenges. I work with some of the most talented people in the industry and have developed strong friendships with many. The scope of what it takes to run even a single restaurant is at once overwhelming and yet extremely exciting. There are so many moving parts to a single decision that it amazes me. The most difficult part of my job is managing the always-changing priority list of design projects submitted by multiple restaurants as well as senior management. But I love the fact that I never know what I will be asked to design next. One day it's a logo for a 25th anniversary beer that will go on glassware at restaurants around the country, the next it's a total vehicle wrap for a local restaurant's catering van. Something different every day.
Pros
The bar in the lobby has 4 different beers that are available daily after 5pm.
Cons
The pace can seem to get of of hand from time-to-time
Productive and supportive work environment
P.O.S. IT Programmer (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 12, 2012
Craftworks is a great place to work especially for the company employees. I have been here for 9 months as a 'Temp" and they treat me as one of the "guys" . All very polite and nice to work with and will answer a question or help you find the answer. A real gem to work for. Wish they had a position open for me

Thanks
Pros
nice clean office and environment, at least once per month employee appreciation gathering helps boost morale.
Cons
only con really is that i am not a company employee
A Typical day at work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 20, 2012
My day would start with checking messages on machine,checking the fax machine and disbursing faxes. Answer calls from potential crafters, vendors. Do sale spread sheets for the sales representatives and take deposits to the bank
Pros
discount's at the various store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries Group, Inc. Reviews by Job Title