CRAIG HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

felt like a family
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 2, 2017
I really felt loved as a staff member here. Every nurse, tech, therapist and doctor all get along so well and really care about their patients. We rounded with the doctor every day to cover all concerns of the patients
Wonderful workplace
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 31, 2017
Fun place to work where everything is client centered. Typical day includes running different programs as well as one on one sessions for occupational therapy to brain injury and spinal cord patients. Close knit group of passionate individuals working together to create a fun work environment.
It was a kitchen
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 21, 2017
It sucked. I worked in the kitchen and they have so many incompetent people working there. So many of the employees were unsanitary and the management did not reprimand them
Pros
Free food
Philosophy
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 1, 2017
The organization is a community and family oriented place to receive and provide services to anyone walking through its doors. The people who worked there and the patients always felt welcome, respected and cared for at all times.
Pros
Always provided service to anyone
Cons
It was required by everyone
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 12, 2017
Motivating and inspirational place to be a part of but can get a little overwhelming if you don't have a good work/ life balance. Management is very present and supportive. Physically demanding, lots of lifting and repositioning of patients, a large percentage fully dependent. Assistive devises and slings in every patient room and readily present around the hospital. Overall a fantastic place to work!!
great place to learn new things
Rehab tech (Current Employee) –  englewood coMarch 6, 2017
I have learned a ton of things working at Craig Hospital, a typical workday at Craig is very busy. I have learned how to be a great care giver. The hardest part of my job at Craig is getting attached to the people I work with
Pros
working with great people
Cons
getting attached to people then they leave
Exciting work environment with feeling of accomplishment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  3425 S Clarkson St, Englewood, CO 80113March 2, 2017
A typical day of work would consist of prepping supplies and cleaning the work area before meals were served to physical therapists, patients, and their families. As the weeks go by you can see the progress and development of the patients with their physical therapists and continue to share a bond with them throughout their journey.
Great Place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 23, 2017
While I worked there I enjoyed the staff in each department I interacted with. It really is a great place and great to see how much this hospital does to help get patients back to a normal daily routine.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Breaks are short
was a great place to work
Transporter/plebomist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 13, 2017
I could always count on my team mates to be there to help if I needed it and also was a rewarding place to work . meet people from all religion sand from around the world
Pros
had a great work out facility
Cons
sometimes breaks were to short
Great employees to work with,
Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 18, 2016
Was allowed to work independently, management was easy to speak to and really appreciated my accomplishments. My co-workers were very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was my commute, 2 hours each way. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the clinicians save time.
Small Facility
BSN RN (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 7, 2016
Poor team work, hard to move up or move from night shift. There are nurses that have worked there 20 years that are clicky and gossip a lot. However, the management team is doing a great job of managing the bullying and they promote team work and listen when you have an issue.
Pros
supportive management team
Cons
small facility with clicks and little room to move up
I loved working at this facility
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 9, 2016
I started out as a floor nurse at this facility, and while I continued to work on the floor, I also had the opportunity to do other duties. I was par tof the nurse practice council and I performed as a Clinical Scholar once I received my masters. My favorite duties were helping my patients and teaching the students that came through the facility.
Great place to work!
non clinical (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 7, 2015
Fabulous place to work. Over 70 percent of their staff have been there for years. Employees are happy, friendly and love their jobs. Amazing culture!
Pros
The inspiring patients, the Awesome staff in all departments.
Cons
pay, and some of the leadership.
Amazing team of therapists that do an incredible job with a challenging patient popultation.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 23, 2015
I was a volunteer at this facility and learned a great deal observing the therapists as I went about my duties. They are an extremely efficient well run facility.
An ever changing company.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  englewood, coJuly 7, 2015
Craig is undergoing changes in middle management and a massive remodel that is having an effect. Eventually, Craig will stabilize. However, the environment is tumultuous at this time.
Pros
good core veteran staff
Cons
changes in environment and vision
Great
Respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 17, 2015
What a great hospital to work at! Amazing staff.Everyone is super caring and compassionate. Hospital really includes families in patients long term care.
Amazing
Rehab Technician CNA (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 19, 2015
There are no words for this place! What is done at this hospital is amazing...and the patients are so inspiring! The only downer is that they will not hire associate degree nurses!
Worked as a COTA specialize with spinal cord and TBI patients
COTA (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2015
Great place to work, continually educated on upcoming new medical developments. Great knowledgeable staff members and worked well in a team approach with PT and Speech, and Recreational Therapist, I help co-ordinate a horticulture program for spinal cord patients and created adaptive equipment for each individual.
Pros
Great staff, continued updated medical education and testing and training
Cons
low paying
Extraordinary culture, top notch education and patient care, innovative patient treatment & care
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 3, 2015
Every day was typically busy with pt. treatments, groups, outings and training. During the 6 years I spent at Craig, I received excellent training regarding both spinal cord and brain injury patients and treatment.

Management, overall, provided support for their staff, and other employees that needed it. Craig has a unique culture that includes collaboration, team building and respect for all employees. Interdisciplinary cooperation is the norm, for the benefit of patients.

A difficult day might be dealing with a patient who had a hard time engaging in therapy, but the interdisciplinary team would develop a plan followed consistently to facilitate patient participation. That was also the most rewarding part of my job, to see our team efforts pay off.
Pros
education provided; positive environment, support
Cons
typical short term healthcare situations: high census/caseloads. However, OT department was great about providing coverage when needed. Everyone helped out!
i like all of my co-workers i miss them all
Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 20, 2014
I enjoyed working with our pts extensivley in our rehab hospital teaching them how to cope with spinal cord injury was rewarding
Pros
education
Cons
watching pt cope with there loss of there legs etc