Crain Communications Employee Review

View all Crain Communications reviews

Business in need of transformation
General Manager and Publisher, Business Insurance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2013
Family run business. Decentralized. Leadership still too stuck to the old ways but GM are pressing.

Other Crain Communications Employee Reviews

Shrinking company
Graphics Editor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2017
Crain is a family-owned company with the third generation of owners taking the helm. They envision the company as a multi-platform content provider and events host. The company was built on a simple model of selling print ads in controlled circulation magazines centered on a cash-rich industry: Automotive, Financial Services, Advertising.

Crain is excellent at recruiting, but not great at retention. New employees generally top out after three to five years and move on. As much as ownership pays lip service to new technology and forward-thinking business models, younger minds can suss out that they aren't really up to speed with what's happening.
Pros
Talented coworkers, good compensation
Cons
Frequent layoffs, horrible work/life balance
I enjoyed my time and experience when working at Crain Communications
Data Entry/ Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 23, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn new and exciting things. Also I enjoyed meeting new people and being able to work in various areas of the job when given the opportunity to shadow my coworkers
Pros
The family feel and atmosphere
Cons
Not being able to move up in the company as fast as I would've wanted to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crain Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Crain Communications Reviews by Location