Crain Communications

Crain Communications Employer Reviews

welcoming environment with encouraging leaders.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 25, 2014
Working for Crain has truly been a blessing, I was brought in with no office experience and was trained by exceptional people who helped me get to work right away. Within days I was able to do filing for multiple financial departments, as well as how to separate and send invoices, a magnitude of weekly printing jobs, filling out vendor forms, and also the ability to use a multi-line phone. Every day when I in, i'm greeted by warm smiles and a very "homey" atomosphere. (Well, for an office.) My co-workers are all very helpful if I ever needed to know anything. It is overall all a very good workplace.
Business in need of transformation
General Manager and Publisher, Business Insurance (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2013
Family run business. Decentralized. Leadership still too stuck to the old ways but GM are pressing.
An excellent place to work, a relaxed yet professional atmosphere.
Content Manager, Information Center (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: relaxed, friendly, professional atmosphere
Cons: advancement tended to be lateral rather than vertical
A typical day involved metadata tagging for thirteen of the publications in the digital archives. Learned a great deal about digital archives. Management was very open and helpful, as were coworkers, creating a very low-stress, high-performance environment.
Professional, well run company. Excellent benefits. A rairity today.
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 20, 2012
Pros: profit sharing, excellent publications.
Cons: can't think of any.
Excellent company. Professional, well run, fair. They publish excellent business to business magazines that dominate their business sectors. Nobody does it better.