This position assists the ChemPharma/Energy FP&A Manager in the consolidation, review and analysis of group financial performance versus plan/forecast/prior year. Assists in the preparation of the annual operating plan and weekly/monthly forecast. Assists users throughout the group with HFM. Uses Operational Excellence tools to improve existing practices and procedures
- Responsible for monthly review and analysis of key variances in the Balance Sheet and Income Statements for various ChemPharma/Energy entities. Organizes and holds meetings with appropriate managers to discuss variances and suggestions for plan/forecast recovery.
- Provides monthly analysis of price/volume/mix of sales and related cost of sales. Communicates with sales/business line teams to identify areas of improvement.
- Assists with annual operating plan preparation, monthly pulse, quarterly forecasts, and weekly pulses.
- Administers the group’s Finance Sharepoint repository.
- Prepares monthly reports to be used by group management.
- Responsible for HFM validation including analysis and year-end schedules.
- Prepares templates to be used throughout group for various tasks (eg month-end, forecasts, plan, etc).
- Assists users throughout the group with HFM related issues.
- Understands current key processes/procedures in place within the various facilities, uses Operational Excellence tools to drive efficiency and increased effectiveness across business processes. Assists other departments to assess financial impact of decisions being made.
- Analysis of product line reporting.
- Responsible for Capital Expenditure Request (CER) and Expense Request (ER) review and maintenance. Provides training to department managers on requirements and best practices.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- CPA a plus.
- Experience in cost accounting a plus.
- Knowledge of HFM (financial consolidation software) and QAD (ERP software) a plus.