Crane Co. Employee Reviews

A good contract company to work for.
I&C Technician (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 28, 2017
They keep us busy which helps time go by. The management is easy to work with and they are willing to help. They do whatever it takes to help us complete our work.
Great Place to work.
CELL MACHINIST A, SETUP MAN (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 27, 2017
It was a good place to work and Excellent Challenge and Great Place to learn also they give you a chance to show and share your knowledge to benefit the company and myself.
Pros
extra break after working more than 9 hrs
Cons
no conplain
Continuous Improvement Culture
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 27, 2017
This is an environment for an individual who desires challenges. It's not a "status quo" culture. If that is the working environment you desire, then working for Crane is a great opportunity.
Pros
You can create your career path
Cons
Team, trust, relationships, and two way commitments could be better.
productive, fast pace
Machinist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2017
Very fast pace, team work indeed learned a lot. I learned how to build vending machines, in a timely fashion. The environment was safe and well organized.
Lean Culture, both good and ugly
N/A (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 8, 2017
Ok place to work, but all of the company’s problems boil down to two root causes:
- Policies and procedures that are supposed to be temporally used during times of financial hardship have been the norm for years. Examples include using layoffs to balance the budget, cuts to employee activities and wellness programs, ~2% annual pay increases, and <2% annual bonuses.
- Executive team is so focused on short-term financials that they forget to be leaders. This trickles down to mid-level and senior management who then do not have the guidance they need to run the company long-term.
If you’re a production worker, your work is primarily sitting looking under a microscope. Some people like it, others don’t. Expect between $16 to $23 dollars per hours average starting wage. Production is a good team though they’re the first to be laid off during a downturn. Historically this has occurred about once a year.
If you’re an engineer, your work is exactly how you would expect. You have room for growth though benefits are mediocre. The company needs to invest in its engineers.
If you’re a support staff member, expect to carry the weight of the company with little to minimal recognition and average salary with mediocre benefits.
For you, there’s lots of room to learn, lots of work to do, but expect lower investment.

Pro: work life balance, opportunities to grow your career (especially for younger workers)
Con: low investment in its employees
good pay
Valve Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 27, 2017
not a bad place to work if you like traveling. The work is good and the managment is helpful your co-workers are very willing to help new people in learning the job
Pros
good pay
Good review
Flaring Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCOctober 24, 2017
It was good working there it was 40 miles one way. Which meant one hour in driving tiome. Or two hours extra a day. so the commute got to bee too much.
The pace was laid back.The supervisors really made the effort to make it a good place to work.
Pros
Good break times, friendly skilled co-workers.
Cons
the long drive for me.
Too many changes in management
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 23, 2017
My initial manager was a great mentor.
My last manager was a complete idiot and didn't know his own job.
All my peers were great to work with. The Senior leadership has constantly changed
Ok company but poorly managed
Area Lead (Current Employee) –  Williston, SCOctober 23, 2017
Inconsistent work schedule creates very poor work life balance. Little regard shown to the hourly employees by area management when making business decisions. Only focused on sales and filling orders
Pros
good benefits package
Cons
inconsistent work schedule, low pay, poor management, poor business plan- do not take into account how decisions will affect employees
not a niceplace to work in the accounting department
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  230 Park Avenue New YorkOctober 23, 2017
Prepare and distribute to the officers of the company a daily sales report, prepare bank reconciliations for the monthly consolidation. As an international company we were constantly working on our consolidated profit and loss statements and balance sheet. On the eighth working day of each month we prepared a consolidated P&L and balance sheet to be submitted in the morning to the executive office
Pros
I learned a lot about business, a crash course
Cons
We were staff of eight accountants, that exhibited a complete turnover on a yearly basis, replacing some positions as many as three times in a year
Total drag
Inside Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 21, 2017
Interpoint was purchased by Crane Co several years ago. Crane sucks off all the profits and does nothing to reinvest their earnings in equipment or people. The one benefit was a 9/80 shift (every othe Friday off) but once they discovered employees really liked that, they went back of a 40-hr week. They don't provide styrofoam cups by the coffee maker, need I say more?
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Give 2% raises and then jack up insurance 10% every year.
Team Concept, Individual Freedom
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAOctober 2, 2017
Minimal oversight to your day to day work. Report to management and receive direction then move to achieve goals. Corporate management required many sign offs to close business.
Traveling Blue Collar Life
Nuclear Valve Tech (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 24, 2017
The money was good and the traveling was fun.
It is very similar to many other blue collar, it can be cut-throat and miserable. The concentrated testosterone gets everyone on edge and a lot of variety and community is found here. Had to quit due to constant disagreement with management.
Active and challenging work place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Did many different actions during the day. Versatile not boring. Challenged daily with different tasks. Positive work environment.
The hardest part of my job was diagnosing a problem with a machine. Once that was done fixing the problem was easy. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with and was around daily.
Very poor management
Sr. Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ft Walton Bch, FLSeptember 7, 2017
I have to say the facility in Ft. Walton Beach has the worst HR. and management I have ever seen in my 40 year career.
Management is high on their degrees , but have little real manufacturing experience.
Pros
I got out quick
Cons
Poor H.R and Management
summary
Temp (Former Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJAugust 29, 2017
not much to say. it was a temp job with no possibility to be hired. That means everything after that will be negative. decent pay but no security or benefits.
Na
Value Stream Manager, Machining (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHAugust 26, 2017
The environment is very stressful with constant conflict between department leadership as well as a very combative relationship with the union. It's very difficult to get anything done in this culture.
A very fast paced place to work with multiple layers of management
Sr. Buyer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 4, 2017
Crane is very focused on KPI metrics to monitor progress of quality, production output, inventory, net spend, PPV etc. The work environment is very fast pace and supportive.
Pros
Supplier Meetings
Cons
management tends to be disconnected to actual team
The most enjoyable part
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2017
Its fun to work on cool programs but pay is not great. People there are fun but the management was a bit old school not certain if things have changed.
It was fun working there
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA 98073June 28, 2017
It was really fun working there for 2 years. I got to fabricate ac/dc transformers. I learned to read engineering drawings, blueprints, and schematics.