Crane Co. Employee Reviews in United States

good company to work for
Sr. Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHJuly 26, 2016
Company has a good work enviroment. Good chance to advance. Takes worker input to problems very seriously. Has all employees take part in Kaizen events.
Horrible place to work
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 23, 2016
The purchasing department at Crane is unorganized and Management is confused on how to help the entire materials department grow. A new manager can expect to last as least two years. High Management turnover .
Supporting the mission!
Buyer/Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 9, 2016
Many obstacles to overcome, which I find as a challenge. I am driven by challenge- strong desire to succeed and make a difference.
Pros
Employee appreciation.
Cons
Requirement for process improvements - no actions taken
Nice place to work for, I was only a temp.
Office Personnel (Former Employee) –  Dalton, MAMarch 3, 2016
Answer the phones, help customers that had complaints and see how that could be resolved. Did payroll, and also did spreadsheets for the sheeter room and the beater room.
Pros
The people I worked with were nice.
Cons
They should let temp help think that they will eventually get hired.
unknown (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 9, 2016
It depends on where you work. There are a lot of divisions that report to a corporation, so there is a lot of red tape to get through at times.
Productive and co-workers are like family.
Customer Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical work day is quick TAT for quoting to get purchase orders that require immediate processing to ensure delivery remains at standard lead time. Building and maintaining customer relationships is key for future sales. All correspondence with a customer is backed up on department drive for all team members to review and assist as needed. The challenge to meet customer requirements without interrupting assembly line production was the hardest and most enjoyable part of this position. This gave me a great opportunity to branch out into our factories and learn our true capabilities with improving lead times.
Pros
Good group of people to work with.
Cons
They were improving on employee appreciation where I think they were lacking for a short time.
great company
CNC lead man / Senior machinist 2nd shift (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 14, 2015
Crane was a great place to work, easy going and never much pressure on you all you had to do is your required work and things flowed
Pros
nice company
Cons
opportunity for growth small
good company to work for.
Protection Lead (Former Employee) –  Newport, MINovember 12, 2015
good company. adequate compensation although per diem rates were below what I typically get on an assignment.layoffs are given without any advance warnings.
Pros
good pays
Cons
layoffs without any notice
Good industry recognition for some products; routinely hire graduates
Valve Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 6, 2015
It was nice to work with management and team members within the company. Although sometimes the workload could be very heavy, it worth hard working for self-motivated employees.
Fun place to work
Product Acceptance Processor (Contracted) (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAOctober 7, 2015
Highly professional place to work. I would work there again if the opportunity arose. I would recommend Crane to anyone who likes aerospace and defence work.
extremely challenging and direct work culture
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
Very Challenging company to work in
Limited strategic focus
Not very collaborative
Good at giving opportunities but not so good in training
Good for sponsorship for international workers
bad place to work
worker (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 20, 2015
no respect for employees work is easy just no defined way of doing it too much tribal knowledge. Management has high turn over and HR does nothing for serious violations for breaking certain labor laws
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
no respect no worklife balance
not horrible place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work flows pretty well, although the work-to-pay ratio in a bit off kilter. At times, asked to do too many things at the same time, so your performance isn't as good as it could be.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
asked to do too any different jobs at the same time, so your effeciency is reduced.
fun work place
Assembler/ Machinist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 11, 2015
very positive people that i worked with. nice environment to work in. always moving at a fast speed. Good managers that treat you well at all times.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
very fun work place
Assembler/Machinist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 13, 2015
Very nice people and always respectful. I enjoyed going to work every day. Free lunches if we did good on production. A lot of over time. I matured a lot while working at Crane.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Global operations with a multicultural workforce and management team.
Group Director & Legal/Compliance Counsel (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 27, 2015
High technology multinational corporation with solid reputation and well-place within the global economy.

Diverse product technology, R&D, and international manufacturing facilities worldwide.

A well position organization and strong management leadership.
Good company
Calibration Technician II (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLApril 14, 2015
But I feel like I am stuck in the lab, and will never leave that position career advancement-wise. I am good at what I do and they are comfortable...too much so.
Not Enough Opportunity
Assembler III (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 18, 2015
As an employee at Crane for 8 years, I've learned that their wasn't many opportunities offered to employees. The reason behind the lack of opportunity was because less work offered to employees. I wanted a job that offered more work so I could learn more skills about solder. The most enjoyable part of my job meeting new people. Even when work was slow, I was kept training updated procedures with my colleagues. Although work was slow, socializing with my colleagues made my job enjoyable.
Pros
9 hours a day and every other friday off
Cons
lack of work and management
Field work
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO - Little Rock,ARMarch 12, 2015
I would travel a four state area, repairing & training customer service personal on vending equipment that my co. sold the customer. When not training I would make courtesy calls just to see how their equipment was doing. I basically worked alone with an occasional meeting with management with other field service techs. the management would help you as needed, but encouraged self reliance. I enjoyed meeting all the customer base & forming relationships.
Pros
the job in general
Cons
a tremendus amount of overnight travel
Workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 10, 2015
I worked only One month, It was a temporary assignment, I got hire through kelly services. The work place was really Awesome and joy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crane Co.. Our community is ready to answer.