Crane Co. Employee Reviews

Productive and co-workers are like family.
Customer Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical work day is quick TAT for quoting to get purchase orders that require immediate processing to ensure delivery remains at standard lead time. Building and maintaining customer relationships is key for future sales. All correspondence with a customer is backed up on department drive for all team members to review and assist as needed. The challenge to meet customer requirements without interrupting assembly line production was the hardest and most enjoyable part of this position. This gave me a great opportunity to branch out into our factories and learn our true capabilities with improving lead times.
Pros
Good group of people to work with.
Cons
They were improving on employee appreciation where I think they were lacking for a short time.
great company
CNC lead man / Senior machinist 2nd shift (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 14, 2015
Crane was a great place to work, easy going and never much pressure on you all you had to do is your required work and things flowed
Pros
nice company
Cons
opportunity for growth small
good company to work for.
Protection Lead (Former Employee) –  Newport, MINovember 12, 2015
good company. adequate compensation although per diem rates were below what I typically get on an assignment.layoffs are given without any advance warnings.
Pros
good pays
Cons
layoffs without any notice
Good industry recognition for some products; routinely hire graduates
Valve Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 6, 2015
It was nice to work with management and team members within the company. Although sometimes the workload could be very heavy, it worth hard working for self-motivated employees.
Fun place to work
Product Acceptance Processor (Contracted) (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAOctober 7, 2015
Highly professional place to work. I would work there again if the opportunity arose. I would recommend Crane to anyone who likes aerospace and defence work.
extremely challenging and direct work culture
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
Very Challenging company to work in
Limited strategic focus
Not very collaborative
Good at giving opportunities but not so good in training
Good for sponsorship for international workers
bad place to work
worker (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 20, 2015
no respect for employees work is easy just no defined way of doing it too much tribal knowledge. Management has high turn over and HR does nothing for serious violations for breaking certain labor laws
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
no respect no worklife balance
not horrible place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work flows pretty well, although the work-to-pay ratio in a bit off kilter. At times, asked to do too many things at the same time, so your performance isn't as good as it could be.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
asked to do too any different jobs at the same time, so your effeciency is reduced.
fun work place
Assembler/ Machinist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 11, 2015
very positive people that i worked with. nice environment to work in. always moving at a fast speed. Good managers that treat you well at all times.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
very fun work place
Assembler/Machinist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 13, 2015
Very nice people and always respectful. I enjoyed going to work every day. Free lunches if we did good on production. A lot of over time. I matured a lot while working at Crane.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Global operations with a multicultural workforce and management team.
Group Director & Legal/Compliance Counsel (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 27, 2015
High technology multinational corporation with solid reputation and well-place within the global economy.

Diverse product technology, R&D, and international manufacturing facilities worldwide.

A well position organization and strong management leadership.
Good company
Calibration Technician II (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLApril 14, 2015
But I feel like I am stuck in the lab, and will never leave that position career advancement-wise. I am good at what I do and they are comfortable...too much so.
Not Enough Opportunity
Assembler III (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 18, 2015
As an employee at Crane for 8 years, I've learned that their wasn't many opportunities offered to employees. The reason behind the lack of opportunity was because less work offered to employees. I wanted a job that offered more work so I could learn more skills about solder. The most enjoyable part of my job meeting new people. Even when work was slow, I was kept training updated procedures with my colleagues. Although work was slow, socializing with my colleagues made my job enjoyable.
Pros
9 hours a day and every other friday off
Cons
lack of work and management
Field work
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO - Little Rock,ARMarch 12, 2015
I would travel a four state area, repairing & training customer service personal on vending equipment that my co. sold the customer. When not training I would make courtesy calls just to see how their equipment was doing. I basically worked alone with an occasional meeting with management with other field service techs. the management would help you as needed, but encouraged self reliance. I enjoyed meeting all the customer base & forming relationships.
Pros
the job in general
Cons
a tremendus amount of overnight travel
Workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 10, 2015
I worked only One month, It was a temporary assignment, I got hire through kelly services. The work place was really Awesome and joy
Interesting electronics products for military, aerospace, medical
Director, Quality (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 24, 2015
The best part of the job is the complexity and elegance of the electronics products. It is a fun challenge to team with smart people and be involved with space satellites, weapon systems, commercial aircraft and medical devices that improve life. Extensive travel negatively impacts work/life balance.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
extensive travel
Fun Workplace
Hyrdo-Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Hours were from 7-3 PM and the diversification of the work involved was interesting and kept employees motivated to accomplish task goals in a timely fashion
Excellent place to work, great atmosphere
Systems Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 3, 2014
As an intern I was given tasks that were actually important as well as interesting, and I feel I gained valuable experience in aerospace engineering. The atmosphere at Crane is very positive, people are respectful of each other on all levels, and there is excellent room for advancement. The high level of morale at Crane is something that must be experienced, it is difficult to describe on paper.
High tech aerospace supplier to giants like Boeing
Continuous Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 17, 2014
Company operates on Kaizen based operating system. The Crane Business System drives cost reduction.
Management cannot be trusted-no loyalty to the employee
Material Handling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 27, 2014
Unrealistic production expectations from management. Co-workers are great for the most part-always some bad apples. Decent wage and benefits.