Crane Co. Employee Reviews

Crane is not what it's cracked up to be.
Assembly operator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day at work is you must be an early riser and a self starter.I learned that you can't really trust any of the team members because they are all back stabbers and afraid your going to take their jobs. The workplace culture is the worst because some of the people are not that friendly and are not willing to be team players.The hardest part of the job was trying to learn a new job using old out dated machinery that made it close to impossible to learn.The most enjoyable part of the job was pay days and bye the way management sucks The supervisor on the end of my time there wouldn't even speak to you or communicate anything to you.
Pros
free lunch on occasion
Cons
Don't tend to hire any temps, lack of communication
Hopelessly optomistic
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  St LouisDecember 6, 2016
Crane lives in a world that has moved on and doggedly refuses to catch up. Every department is understaffed and the expectations placed don't match the level of engagement from seniors. Specific senior staff also are doing all they can to live out to retirement with as little boat rocking as possible to the detriment of the remaining staff.
Pros
Pay fairly well
Cons
The pay doesn't cover the stress
Productive work place, friendly environment
Plating Operator (Former Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJNovember 9, 2016
Productive work and friendly workers. Easy going environment. Lack of quality management, in my opinion. Not much useful or detailed communication provided towards advancement in company.
Pros
Decent pay and friendly work environment
Cons
Lay-offs
You work for them 24/7
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 21, 2016
Some companies look to promote from within this company turns a blind eye to the issues they have within Typical corporate company with poor benefits and overworked employees. When employees leave or switch roles, their positions are slowly if at all filled. The extra work is passed along to other employees who are already overworked.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Management /team building does not exist here
Nice place to work
Sr Buyer (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 14, 2017
Placed Kanban orders
reviewed inventory
attended production meetings
review all material requirements
attended weekly walk through meetings with upper management to review all requirements for production
Great place to work. Enjoy the people i work with.
MOV Tech. (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 23, 2016
Good group to work for. Management and supervision have good job knowledge and are always willing to help with work and person problems.
Pros
Have good training classes.
Cons
Hourly salary could be better
good company to work for
Sr. Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHJuly 26, 2016
Company has a good work enviroment. Good chance to advance. Takes worker input to problems very seriously. Has all employees take part in Kaizen events.
Horrible place to work
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 23, 2016
The purchasing department at Crane is unorganized and Management is confused on how to help the entire materials department grow. A new manager can expect to last as least two years. High Management turnover .
Nice place to work for, I was only a temp.
Office Personnel (Former Employee) –  Dalton, MAMarch 3, 2016
Answer the phones, help customers that had complaints and see how that could be resolved. Did payroll, and also did spreadsheets for the sheeter room and the beater room.
Pros
The people I worked with were nice.
Cons
They should let temp help think that they will eventually get hired.
Productive and co-workers are like family.
Customer Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical work day is quick TAT for quoting to get purchase orders that require immediate processing to ensure delivery remains at standard lead time. Building and maintaining customer relationships is key for future sales. All correspondence with a customer is backed up on department drive for all team members to review and assist as needed. The challenge to meet customer requirements without interrupting assembly line production was the hardest and most enjoyable part of this position. This gave me a great opportunity to branch out into our factories and learn our true capabilities with improving lead times.
Pros
Good group of people to work with.
Cons
They were improving on employee appreciation where I think they were lacking for a short time.
Supporting the mission!
Buyer/Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 9, 2016
Many obstacles to overcome, which I find as a challenge. I am driven by challenge- strong desire to succeed and make a difference.
Pros
Employee appreciation.
Cons
Requirement for process improvements - no actions taken
unknown (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 9, 2016
It depends on where you work. There are a lot of divisions that report to a corporation, so there is a lot of red tape to get through at times.
Good industry recognition for some products; routinely hire graduates
Valve Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 6, 2015
It was nice to work with management and team members within the company. Although sometimes the workload could be very heavy, it worth hard working for self-motivated employees.
good company to work for.
Protection Lead (Former Employee) –  Newport, MINovember 12, 2015
good company. adequate compensation although per diem rates were below what I typically get on an assignment.layoffs are given without any advance warnings.
Pros
good pays
Cons
layoffs without any notice
Not Enough Opportunity
Assembler III (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 18, 2015
As an employee at Crane for 8 years, I've learned that their wasn't many opportunities offered to employees. The reason behind the lack of opportunity was because less work offered to employees. I wanted a job that offered more work so I could learn more skills about solder. The most enjoyable part of my job meeting new people. Even when work was slow, I was kept training updated procedures with my colleagues. Although work was slow, socializing with my colleagues made my job enjoyable.
Pros
9 Hours a day and Every other Friday off
Cons
Lack of Work and management
Field work
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO - Little Rock,ARMarch 12, 2015
I would travel a four state area, repairing & training customer service personal on vending equipment that my co. sold the customer. When not training I would make courtesy calls just to see how their equipment was doing. I basically worked alone with an occasional meeting with management with other field service techs. the management would help you as needed, but encouraged self reliance. I enjoyed meeting all the customer base & forming relationships.
Pros
The job in general
Cons
A tremendus amount of overnight travel
great company
CNC lead man / Senior machinist 2nd shift (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 14, 2015
Crane was a great place to work, easy going and never much pressure on you all you had to do is your required work and things flowed
Pros
nice company
Cons
opportunity for growth small
Global operations with a multicultural workforce and management team.
Group Director & Legal/Compliance Counsel (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 27, 2015
High technology multinational corporation with solid reputation and well-place within the global economy.

Diverse product technology, R&D, and international manufacturing facilities worldwide.

A well position organization and strong management leadership.
Excellent place to work, great atmosphere
Systems Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 3, 2014
As an intern I was given tasks that were actually important as well as interesting, and I feel I gained valuable experience in aerospace engineering. The atmosphere at Crane is very positive, people are respectful of each other on all levels, and there is excellent room for advancement. The high level of morale at Crane is something that must be experienced, it is difficult to describe on paper.
Interesting electronics products for military, aerospace, medical
Director, Quality (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 24, 2015
The best part of the job is the complexity and elegance of the electronics products. It is a fun challenge to team with smart people and be involved with space satellites, weapon systems, commercial aircraft and medical devices that improve life. Extensive travel negatively impacts work/life balance.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Extensive travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crane Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

63%