CRAssociates Employee Reviews in United States

Great Patients
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Freeville, NYFebruary 1, 2016
It is great being able to give back to our Veterans but the work environment is toxic and there is no room for growth. Your only acknowledged when something is wrong. Employees are not treated equally and it doesn't matter if you take it to corporate they do not care about anybody below the Supervisor. The clinic has been open for 5 years and has lost over 40 employees. That should speak for itself. Its hard to go and do a job that you love and give your all to when you go unrecognized and have to deal pettiness. People should look forward to going to work as we spend the majority of our time there. No amount of money matters when the work environment is toxic and you have anxiety about going in.
Pros
Being able to give back to our Veterans
Cons
Short breaks, no annual raises, no recognition, poor management.
Awesome Company
MT(ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 14, 2015
I wish every company was like CRA. They respected the employees which lead to employees loving and respecting their patients. I have never worked anywhere where everyone seemed like a family. With the happiness of the patient came the satisfaction of the employees.
Pros
Respect of employees and patients, great pay, awesome management
Cons
co-workers made the job a good place to work
Appointment Center Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 10, 2015
busy mornings, continued to the afternoons.
supervisors were great help.
co-workers were the best.
positive group made it a good place to be..
Great company, TERRIBLE management!
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMay 11, 2015
I loved working for CRA as a whole, but the clinic administrator I was under was terrible! Said administrator was hardly ever in the clinic, though they claim to have been there twice a week. They treated the employees terrible, mainly cursing and screaming at them. The treatment of the veterans was no better. When confronted said administrator lied to upper management and cursed me on my way out the door when I had finally had enough of the treatment there.

Emails to HR and the VP of QA went unanswered.

The treatment there bordered abuse. When employees would contact the home office or upper management, the employees would get brushed off then get "reprimanded' (ie: cursed and yelled at) by the clinic administrator for "breaking the chain of command".

The benefits are amazing, if you can handle to treatment to get them.

Would NEVER work for this company again, nor would I send my loved one to a CRA ran clinic.
Benefits
Cons
Treatment as an employee
LVN (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 21, 2015
I enjoyed this job and loved my schedule. It was a nice place to work. There were staff members that really helped you out when a new employee started. The best part was taking care of our veterans.
Pros
Working with veterans
Excellent company, work environment, and coworkers!
HR (Current Employee) –  Newington, VAJanuary 27, 2015
I love working for this company. Everyone is so friendly, encouraging, and a joy to be around.

CRAssociates certainly knows how to make their employees feel appreciated!

I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work everyday. I couldn't ask for a better company and a better set of coworkers.

I recommend 150%!!
Pros
excellent supervisors and work environment!
Cons
none!
Patients were very enjoyable and appreciated of all assitance and care rendered
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newington, VAJune 23, 2014
Out patient clinic had calm, even flow and pace. Ability to provide patient care, patient teaching was plentiful.

Learned new EMR system and report expectations.

Management was long distant and allowed for orientation to be very fragmented. Orientation was presented, once colleague returned to her long distant site left in silo. Salaried and expected to be on certain time schedule regardless of how late you may have stayed on previous days. Equal co-works very supportive.

Lack of personnel resource list to perform job to upmost success

Patients and clinical and positive environment the clinic provide to render the optimal patient clinical and satisfaction results
Pros
patient envirnoment
Cons
salaried(adminstrator) rigidness with time off, arrival or leaving early
Excellent Management and highly professional staff
Desktop Engineer Liaison (Former Employee) –  Newington, VAApril 1, 2014
This company truly cared about it's employees and demonstrated this attribute on a daily basis.
Pros
management and staff
Cons
total salary compensation
some of my best years
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSMay 31, 2013
We served veterans daily, but they stayed in our hearts constantly. I learned so much about what happen long time ago and heard great stories. My co-workers were great her as well and the hardest part of this job was when one of the many loved veterans passed. The most enjoyable part was making a difference in their lives.
Pros
all goverment holidays off
Cons
the drive
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAFebruary 21, 2013
The days are long, 13 hours, but it is every other day. Greeting patients of military status and ensuring they are checked in for appointments and receive information that is needed. Management is good, easy to talk to. Co workers are really there for one another and enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job are the long days.
Pros
days off
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Productive Workplace
Credentials Coordinator/Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Newington, VAJuly 12, 2012
Learned alot from the Assistant Recruiting Director, Assistant Credentialing Manager and Recruiting Director
Workable
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 25, 2012
Very busy work place serving retired and active duty and family members.

Comment – June 26, 2012

I would love to compete for this opportunity because I have a Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Administration. Why is an RN needed to do this job?

Working with the Veterans was truly an honor
Registered Nurse - Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYApril 4, 2012
This was a VA clinic. Typical day: Preparing the clinic for scheduled appointments. Admitting the Veterans and reviewing medical history. Patient Education, Ekg, Blood draws, Respiratory treatments. Setting up referrals, contacting pharmacy to refill prescriptions. Clinic triage for patients who arrived to the clinic ill. Phone triage. Worked closely with the MD and PA at the clinic. I enjoyed all aspects of working with the staff and to honor the veterans. Hardest part of my job was the underlying turmoil between staff members at the clinic
Pros
hours, time off, working independently
Cons
underlying turmoil of some staff members
CRA Associates
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Natchez and Meadville, MSAugust 31, 2011
Overall a good company to work for. Since they contract for federal services, there are a lot of holidays. If I had an appt they did let me schedule off for it. There was no room to advance in my area as I am a medical provider. They did offer me a lot of job opportunities with travel. The manager was always approachable. I would work for them again if given the opportunity.