CRAssociates Employee Reviews

co-workers made the job a good place to work
Appointment Center Clerk (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 10, 2015
busy mornings, continued to the afternoons.
supervisors were great help.
co-workers were the best.
positive group made it a good place to be..
Great company, TERRIBLE management!
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee), AnonymousMay 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Treatment as an employee
I loved working for CRA as a whole, but the clinic administrator I was under was terrible! Said administrator was hardly ever in the clinic, though they claim to have been there twice a week. They treated the employees terrible, mainly cursing and screaming at them. The treatment of the veterans was no better. When confronted said administrator lied to upper management and cursed me on my way out the door when I had finally had enough of the treatment there.

Emails to HR and the VP of QA went unanswered.

The treatment there bordered abuse. When employees would contact the home office or upper management, the employees would get brushed off then get "reprimanded' (ie: cursed and yelled at) by the clinic administrator for "breaking the chain of command".

The benefits are amazing, if you can handle to treatment to get them.

Would NEVER work for this company again, nor would I send my loved one to a CRA ran clinic.
LVN (Former Employee), Escondido, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Working with veterans
I enjoyed this job and loved my schedule. It was a nice place to work. There were staff members that really helped you out when a new employee started. The best part was taking care of our veterans.
Excellent company, work environment, and coworkers!
HR (Current Employee), Newington, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: excellent supervisors and work environment!
Cons: none!
I love working for this company. Everyone is so friendly, encouraging, and a joy to be around.

CRAssociates certainly knows how to make their employees feel appreciated!

I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work everyday. I couldn't ask for a better company and a better set of coworkers.

I recommend 150%!!
Patients were very enjoyable and appreciated of all assitance and care rendered
Administrator (Former Employee), Newington, VAJune 23, 2014
Pros: patient envirnoment
Cons: salaried(adminstrator) rigidness with time off, arrival or leaving early
Out patient clinic had calm, even flow and pace. Ability to provide patient care, patient teaching was plentiful.

Learned new EMR system and report expectations.

Management was long distant and allowed for orientation to be very fragmented. Orientation was presented, once colleague returned to her long distant site left in silo. Salaried and expected to be on certain time schedule regardless of how late you may have stayed on previous days. Equal co-works very supportive.

Lack of personnel resource list to perform job to upmost success

Patients and clinical and positive environment the clinic provide to render the optimal patient clinical and satisfaction results
some of my best years
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), McComb, MSMay 31, 2013
Pros: all goverment holidays off
Cons: the drive
We served veterans daily, but they stayed in our hearts constantly. I learned so much about what happen long time ago and heard great stories. My co-workers were great her as well and the hardest part of this job was when one of the many loved veterans passed. The most enjoyable part was making a difference in their lives.
You will not be appreciated or valued...
Specialist (Current Employee), CorpMay 9, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: 30 mins lunches, micro management, very controlling
This is a decent enough place to work should you need to get by for a year or so. The benefits suck! No match 401K, Health & Dental is sky high, vaca is 4hrs per pay period... Pay is LOWER than other places offering the same job. 30min lunches. The work environment is very drab, boring, quiet with little to no employee morale. There are no morale boosting activity, no team building exercises, they don't want your opinion AT ALL. Sr. mgmt. is just that LITERALLY Seniors. No new ideas at all! Working at corporate they only value the "inner circle" and chances are, if you've been there less than 10 years no matter what they try and make you believe you're NOT part of the "inner circle". Years of hard work and dedication does not get recognized EVER. They are only concerned with making money and if using you as a pon on a chess board does the trick, watch out! Word to the wise if you take a job with this company, take advantage of the perks tuition reimbursements, seminars and what have you but keep looking for better employment.
Medical Clerk (Former Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: days off
Cons: short breaks and lunches
The days are long, 13 hours, but it is every other day. Greeting patients of military status and ensuring they are checked in for appointments and receive information that is needed. Management is good, easy to talk to. Co workers are really there for one another and enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job are the long days.
Productive Workplace
Credentials Coordinator/Recruiting (Current Employee), Newington, VAJuly 12, 2012
Learned alot from the Assistant Recruiting Director, Assistant Credentialing Manager and Recruiting Director
Workable
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAMay 25, 2012
Very busy work place serving retired and active duty and family members.

June 26, 2012

I would love to compete for this opportunity because I have a Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Administration. Why is an RN needed to do this job?

Working with the Veterans was truly an honor
Registered Nurse - Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYApril 4, 2012
Pros: hours, time off, working independently
Cons: underlying turmoil of some staff members
This was a VA clinic. Typical day: Preparing the clinic for scheduled appointments. Admitting the Veterans and reviewing medical history. Patient Education, Ekg, Blood draws, Respiratory treatments. Setting up referrals, contacting pharmacy to refill prescriptions. Clinic triage for patients who arrived to the clinic ill. Phone triage. Worked closely with the MD and PA at the clinic. I enjoyed all aspects of working with the staff and to honor the veterans. Hardest part of my job was the underlying turmoil between staff members at the clinic
CRA Associates
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Natchez and Meadville, MSAugust 31, 2011
Overall a good company to work for. Since they contract for federal services, there are a lot of holidays. If I had an appt they did let me schedule off for it. There was no room to advance in my area as I am a medical provider. They did offer me a lot of job opportunities with travel. The manager was always approachable. I would work for them again if given the opportunity.