Crate and Barrel Employee Reviews

Overall Culture is unmatched. Awesome people!
Cash Office Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2017
This was supposed to be a seasonal position. I ended up staying a year and 1/2. Awesome company to work for, hard workers managers are hands on. Flexible hours.
It is a fun and structured place to work
Sales, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work is filling out and completing customers online orders. I also mainly had to bring out whatever items customers wanted from the backroom. The management is good, they are fun to work with and are super understanding of your outside obligations.
Perfect store, management, product, and co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 16, 2017
Loved working in this store; happy and upbeat environment; great co workers and management. Highly recommend product. Product knowledge was important and always shared by managers and workers. Managers frequently reviewed and gave kudos for a job well done. Free lunches often given to staff as appreciation by management. Store goals were always met for its high performance in the corporation.

Would recommend working at Crate and Barrel to anyone who appreciates an excellent working environment and product.
Pros
staff and management very friendly
Cons
N/a
Great Company to work for
Merchandising Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
Over the past 16 years Crate & Barrel has been my home away from home. I enjoy working for the company the associates are great and the management team is like a small family.
The most enjoyable part of the job I must say is the staff, their all very friendly and caring people.
good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 14, 2017
Crate and Barrel is a very enjoyable place to work, especially if you love household goods and furniture. My co-workers are very friendly and many of us like our customers are from all over the USA

My favorite things in the store are the kitchen gadgets as well as the modern and sometimes timeless furniture!
great company
Warehouse/Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOJune 13, 2017
One of the greatest retail companies I have worked for. Treated like a human being with respect. Corporate would get on the sales floor and actually ring registers and get there hands dirty. Highly recommend this company
Fun Energetic Company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJune 12, 2017
All about family life and interactions. Fun place to work when you have a staff that is approachable. Some managers in different stores are more challenging to work with or for. Hard to make a career out of it unless you are willing to relocate. However due to the growth but limited positions moving up can be a challenge without a lifestyle change for your family. Pay is not strong point with the company.
Friendly Work Days
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 11, 2017
Very friendly staff. Always kept you busy, and sometimes there was a rush. Very customer service oriented. Expected to fulfill any positions needed. Once comfortable in a position, new duties arose.
Excelente
Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 7, 2017
Aprendí a tratar de forma directa con el cliente y servir de forma efectiva y rápida en beneficio a la empresa.
Great to work with customers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJune 7, 2017
I have the natural ability to make people feel comfortable. Crate and Barrel was a great work environment to showcase my skills and enjoyed the comradery of other staff.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
As seasonal work there were no "perks"
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJune 5, 2017
Productive workplace.
Be willing to sacrifice weekends because of the work. .
There's no job security, its easy to let go an individual's job. Sometimes you may have to enter work at 6am during festive period
Pros
acknowledgment of work
Cons
short breaks
Crate and Barrel Work Place
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 5, 2017
A typical work day at Crate and Barrel consists of stock checks, back door pickups, customer orders and lots of fun! Even it sounds busy, all Crate and Barrel employees act as a family and move as one unit. I am grateful to be apart of the team!
Pros
Discount on lunches at surrounding restaurants
Enjoyable experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2017
This job taught me the importance of being organized, and neat. This was one of the most attention to detail experience I've had in my work history, nothing was out of place.
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 2, 2017
I loved the family environment, unlimited overtime, and new product reviews. There was always opportunity for growth within the company within difference departments.
Room to expand
Contact Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 1, 2017
At crate & barrel there is plenty chances for growth. You are provided with a good amount of training for what is needed. Everyone is able to move up.
Pros
growth, benefits, pay
Cons
Policies
Is a really good job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 31, 2017
Well all the time than I worked there was amazing the job is easy and the people is friendly , the schedules are good and we have two break and one free lunch
Pros
Free lunch
Cool Place
Stock Clerk/Customer service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2017
It was cool working there cause you learn about different types of wine glasses as well as different products the company presents to its customers can be pretty cool.
Pros
Nice discount
Good place to work with good opportunity for advancement
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 31, 2017
Work hard and show initiative, and you'll receive pleanty of opportunity. It will be some long hours but you'll just have to grin and bare it. Also, safety is the number one priority
Excellent product,management, and Company culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 30, 2017
Interactive company between sales, management, and stock team.
Product excellence with knowledgeable staff. Friendly, intelligent, and helpful employees in all aspects of operations. Product knowledge emphasized and taught. All aspects of this job were enjoyable.
Pros
Perks generously imparted to staff.
fun work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 29, 2017
one of the most fun jobs i have had, i met great people there were never any negative feedback going around and i learned alot of things working with this company
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crate and Barrel. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval