Crate and Barrel Employee Reviews

Best Group of People I've Ever Worked With
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 15, 2016
At Crate and Barrel I was a merchandising associate which included tasks such as managing inventory, processing online orders for shipment and setting up displays for the floor and windows of the store.
Friendly and supportive evironment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boylston, MAAugust 11, 2016
I have worked at Crate&Barrel on Boylston St. for almost 2 years now, and I can say that it is a pleasure being part of the sales team. Everyone is positive and friendly, and the management is very supportive, from going over training to helping out with an issue. I have gained a vast knowledge of core selling skills from both the daily huddles, to more informative meetings. I would say the only hard part would be during the holiday season when the store is the most busiest, however every team member supports each other either by helping wrap while the other is ringing, and taking the time to help with difficult situations.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Intensely busy holidays
Decent place to work,bad management
Material handler equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAAugust 10, 2016
I started work here as a temp ,it was pretty easy real good job, I started on 1st shift 7:00-3:30 pretty good hours later moved to second shift where I was promised I would get hired right away didn't happen, I was hired 4 months later had already been there 6 mo, second shift hours are 3:30 -12:00 , mangement is bad , no training and they expect you to work yourself with no training at all, no one helps out bad place to work, ok to get started but not long term, wouldn't recommend it, especially second shift management is no good and They don't know what thier doing they expect to much!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad management, no training
Not a safe work environment
Inventory Specialist, WIS International (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAAugust 9, 2016
Lack of management, Unsafe work procedures, Inadequate work environment.

Typical day was using RF scanner to inventory all products being prepared to be loaded onto trucks, comparing products on the floor to the truck manifest, using computer systems to locate missing items.

The facility was not kept up to sanitary codes, dust and particles in the air were always making employees ill, OHSA had been called repeatedly. They had no consideration for employees well being and would make almost no expectations for illness.

Management was still trying to implement a working and efficient operating system, and kept changing the methods used almost daily.

My favorite part of the job was the satisfaction of finishing my work in a timely manner and be able to work independently to make each truck load easier for the other employees to load. As well as the opportunity to stand in as a managerial position on multiple occasions when every floor supervisor in the building would be called to mandatory meetings.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
Management, low safety standards, lack of training, sanitation
Extremely competent management and beautiful place to work
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 9, 2016
If you have ever wanted to work in a beautiful, clean, and comfortable setting among hard workers who also happen to be amazing people, Crate & Barrel SouthPark is the place for you :) I am grateful for the opportunity to work at this #1 store!
Productive and fun place to work
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJuly 7, 2016
My working experience with this company has been great, no complaints. Everyone works as a team and is willing to help each other whenever possible.
Good company, takes a toll on your mental health.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 1, 2016
Overall the job was great. Nothing too difficult and you felt relief when you solved an issue. There are quite a few problem customers and dealing with them is stressful.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Sitting all day, dealing with problem customers.
Fun environment not too many advancement opportunities and seasonal positions.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 30, 2016
would be better if it was full time employment, management was awesome and work was easy to understand. The hours were good many shifts available. The only bad thing is that it was only temporary work.
Pros
management
Cons
seasonal or temporary work
Creatively Inspiring Place to Work!!
Department Lead/Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 22, 2016
Crate and Barrel is a wonderful company that started with a loving couple who wanted to share diverse art works with America. It's a really smart company. Customer Service standards within this company are so satisfying because it allows you to respect the customers that you interact with directly. Every team member within the company that I've met has been so polite, creative, talented and smart!!

I've learned so much within my role as the Department Manager at this savvy, chic corporation.
Pros
Highly Creative, Room for Growth and Exploration/Discovery of true talent
Cons
Short breaks, Inconsistent Work Schedule
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJune 20, 2016
I was Temp for the company in the Break Pack position. They treated me like family. All Temps had a chance to go to the meetings, they had some awesome activity every month and some delicious food every 2 months. I enjoyed working for them, the pay was decent. They never treat Temps and Perms different like most companies I worked for, I miss CB.
Pros
Most of the Managers are very cool, they treat Temps like Perm employees
Cons
They have mandatory OT

Want to know more about Crate and Barrel?

Ask a question
Stable, satisfying and good.
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 12, 2016
The Company Crate and Barrel is a very close company, it promotes a culture of cooperation between its associates whether it be in merchandising or sales. The managers are accessible and easy to talk to about concerns or problems that may arise. Though I have learned many skills such as customer service as well as how to fulfill orders, how to unload a truck and break down a pallet and stock shelves and to pull orders.
Pros
great location, wonderful staff, good hours.
fun to work
order selector (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJune 8, 2016
came in got the order had safty meetin every day got a mechine picked all orders went back to get more wrapped all order to be send and did putaway at the end of the shift
Pros
got along with every one
Decent
Stock associate/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 6, 2016
I really liked working here. Although I was hired on as seasonal, and when I was let go, they told me that my "season was up", I knew I was being let go because I was, at the time, too slow in my work. I'm sure that if I went back there, I would be more than satisfactory in my work speed.
its a nice job
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2016
good overall experience really but the management is kinda iffy. I loved working here but it boring repetitive work. The people tho are overall good but again there's some rotten eggs... but that the case i all jobs really.
Productive and friendly environment - team work environment
Furniture Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 31, 2016
I appreciate my current position, the management and my fellow coworkers. I feel secure in the job that I have. At this time however, the location and travel to and from work is just too far. I am ready to work closer to home for myself and my family. I am prepared to take a slight pay cut.
Pros
The position itself, coworkers, benefits
Cons
location - travel
Temporary
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 12, 2016
I only worked at Crate and Barrel for about a month because it was at the end of the Christmas season. I learned a little bit about the company, I wish I could have worked there longer to really make a difference.
Terrible management
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 10, 2016
I am sure that the company as a whole is great but the king of prussia location is the complete opposite. Management is very unprofessional, shows evident favoritism, and makes the workplace very tense and uneasy.
Excellent work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 5, 2016
Of the few non-medical fields of jobs I have worked for, Crate & Barrel was by far the best company I worked for. Atmosphere was upbeat, positive, friendly, and relaxed with the right amount of guidelines. Constructive Criticism is important and the managers were excellent with giving the right amount of information and adding lots of positive feedback. The location I worked for had great incentives. For hark work, most noticeable, and ambitious employees they would make the "star" awards (quarterly based I believe) and often received a gift cards. They often did BINGO sale games with a reward for those that achieved BINGO. For the holidays, they often did fun games too. For easter they hid eggs that we could only find by cleaning and straightening (aka doing what we're suppose to be doing).
Pros
Positive environment, lots of incentives
Cons
none that I can think of
Crate & Barrel was a good company to work for they have a lot of growth within the company with fair benefits, work hours, and a good work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed my work experience with Crate & Barrel. They offered fair pay, a safe working environment, advancement within the company, and extensive training. Overall Crate & Barrel is a good company to work for.
Productive workplace and very luxurious environments
Back of the house crew member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77027April 22, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be working in the stock room labeling items, packaging items, putting items on the show floor. I learned you must take pride in every item you work with because some of those items can be very fragile. The management was exceptionally well. My co-workers always had a smile on their face. The hardest part of the job was climbing on tall ladders and having to bring big heavy boxes down. The most enjoyable part of the job was that seeing those luxurious items made me work hard in school.
Pros
Nice discount on items, nice staff
Cons
hot in the back of the house