Crate and Barrel Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Former Employee of Crate and Barrel
Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 10, 2017
At the time when I was employed, the company was great to work for and so were the employees and the management team. In 2008, they made large cutbacks and the employees were all affected.
Fun people, poor management
Sales Manager, Soho Store (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
If you have an outgoing personality you will fit in swimmingly with the associates. The downside is the management at the place, and the store GM. Demands are high for low pay
warehouse worker
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING WAREHOUSEMAN (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 3, 2017
Pull orders drop product on the floor in a line in front of the truck it is being loaded into. Load all the product into the truck for shipping. Write up shipping slip an ship out.
Good pace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 30, 2017
This is my second year with them and they are great place to work. I love the atmosphere, the fans and the work crew. The way they make you feel like family.
Great company to work for
Merchandising/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company for 9+ years, they always provided a kind, family atmosphere that made me want to come to work everyday. Best company ever to work for.
It's Fun to Work at C&B
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 28, 2017
Punch in, do your stuff. Mgmt comes around to chat up what's going on in the store (being a PT person, things can and do change frequently). Everyone willing to help each other out. As it's a PT gig, I have no illusions that I will be anything more than a sales associate. There is potential for advancement but they tend to hire from outside, leaving experienced and qualified individuals on the outs. New GM has made a world of difference in the workplace. I actually look forward to going to work. Training is important and you're given time to review stuff online in most cases. Encouraged to look up product reviews and learn about things YOU like in the different depts. It's fun.
Pros
Employee Discount, great coworkers, fun mgmt team
Cons
pay rate is lower than other stores in area. No benefits (other than accrued sick time for PTers)
Merchandise Lead (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2017
I learned most of hard and soft skills through the 7 years I worked with C&B. I had an amazing work culture and people that I worked with. But the only con was the restructuring that changed somethings.
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAJuly 25, 2017
The management was very professional and friendly. Great working environment and training. Amazing co-workers. Very helpful people in all roles of the company store.
Great products for consumers but terrible pay and no management guidance
Visual Display and Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 25, 2017
The products are well made and consumers seem happy with them. But the internal culture is terrible. Morale is bad. At my store, after 40 employees quit under duress, things got a little better.
Pros
Products, employee discount
Cons
very low pay, poor management
The company has a conducive environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 24, 2017
The work at crate and barrel you learn a lot and have more experience .all their workers and their lards are friendly also caring and the environments
Pros
Free breakfast
really fun people to work with
Employee, Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 22, 2017
The stockroom staff and the sales team always made it fun. Very welcoming environment. It was always neat getting to see the new pieces that were brought in and help set up new displays.
Pros
got an awesome discount in the store
Cons
there was no AC in the stockroom
Excellent team work, excellent management team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2017
Good work environment, fair wage for retail. Management are fair and treat everyone with respect. Advancement is hard to achieve but the training is good. Overall I think it is a good place to work.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No benefits or paid vacation/sick time
A Great Starter Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kittery, MEJuly 19, 2017
The Crate & Barrel outlet in Kittery, Maine is a great place to begin your life in the career world, regardless if you're signed on as a seasonal worker, part time, or full time. During my time here, I've learned about the general overview of customer service, and how it can differ from patron to patron. I've also gathered some useful ways as how to properly distribute time for projects, and even how to properly manage other's time. On the down side, there are some moments where I do believe that the general management of the store sub-par, either due to the lack of a present manager for the floor, or being too over-bearing on the employee.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, An appropriate break time, Comfortable work wear
Cons
Management may at times become a bit too hairy for some
Multitasking and detail oriented
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 17, 2017
With over 14 years experience Crate and Barrel and 25 years experience in a retail floral organization, I have been well versed in all areas of operations. Sales, visual, Human Resources, customer service,facilities, IT, you name it I've done it!!
Great Place to work
All Store Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 17, 2017
Very Supportive
Enjoyable atmosphere
Sales Driven
Team Building
I enjoyed having options in Customer Service for the end result.
Creative Problem Solving
Productive and fun work environment. Room to move up in the company
Department Manager / Sales (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORJuly 13, 2017
I started out as seasonal and within a year, I was managing a department. Loved working here. Loved the clientele and helping customers design their homes
Pros
supportive work environment; great interaction with customers, fun
Cons
retail hours
strong foundation and committed associates
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2017
Retail takes special personality that loves service, fast pace, and many responsibilities. Crate and Barrel is changing to best fit the needs of the business. With new leadership many directives has cost some of the entrepreneurial approach.
Boring and temporary
Floor Stocker (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 6, 2017
I was a floor stocker. What I did was stock the shelves. Scanned what was missing from the shelves went to the back grabbed it and restocked. Didnt know anything about what we were selling.
decent work place decent people
stocker, customer service (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAJuly 5, 2017
dont really remember too much working there but it was a job i didnt mind waking up to got to every morning and the co workers were positive and managers easy going.
Pros
positive co workes
Cons
short breaks, no healthcare
Friendly management and co workers
Mheo (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed working for Crate and Barrel. I wasn't over worked, people were friendly and helped me learn how things worked. Management was cool & easy going but honest and fare. Things were changing for the company and in my personal life so it was time for me set higher goals and move on.
Pros
provided food on special occasions
Cons
sometimes, little time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crate and Barrel. Our community is ready to answer.