Crate and Barrel Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 5, 2016
Of the few non-medical fields of jobs I have worked for, Crate & Barrel was by far the best company I worked for. Atmosphere was upbeat, positive, friendly, and relaxed with the right amount of guidelines. Constructive Criticism is important and the managers were excellent with giving the right amount of information and adding lots of positive feedback. The location I worked for had great incentives. For hark work, most noticeable, and ambitious employees they would make the "star" awards (quarterly based I believe) and often received a gift cards. They often did BINGO sale games with a reward for those that achieved BINGO. For the holidays, they often did fun games too. For easter they hid eggs that we could only find by cleaning and straightening (aka doing what we're suppose to be doing).
Pros
Positive environment, lots of incentives
Cons
none that I can think of
Crate & Barrel was a good company to work for they have a lot of growth within the company with fair benefits, work hours, and a good work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed my work experience with Crate & Barrel. They offered fair pay, a safe working environment, advancement within the company, and extensive training. Overall Crate & Barrel is a good company to work for.
Productive workplace and very luxurious environments
Back of the house crew member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77027April 22, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be working in the stock room labeling items, packaging items, putting items on the show floor. I learned you must take pride in every item you work with because some of those items can be very fragile. The management was exceptionally well. My co-workers always had a smile on their face. The hardest part of the job was climbing on tall ladders and having to bring big heavy boxes down. The most enjoyable part of the job was that seeing those luxurious items made me work hard in school.
Pros
Nice discount on items, nice staff
Cons
hot in the back of the house
I really liked working there
Gift Wrapper/Designer (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAApril 20, 2016
I enjoyed working here full time a lot of great people and a lot of overtime work I also liked a lot of the items they sell here
Pros
a lot of overtime
Cons
It was seasonal
Productive and time efficient
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAApril 9, 2016
They offered fair hours and had various outgoing personalities throughout the building. I also adopted trade skills such as fork lift experience. It was not a easy job but it was not difficult and their was always support around you.
Pros
was trained and certified on multiple forklifts
Cons
The only con was the distance and commute to work
Work
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAApril 9, 2016
A typical warehouse job plenty of heavy lifting, dust, long boring repetitive work. Has it's fun moments good place for temp work.
Cons
dust
Productive but can be very slow
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 8, 2016
Working at crate and barrel is productive. You learn a lot about new items and important products in the store. Co workers are nice, management is alright as well. Some days are extremely slow.
Pros
easy job, friendly people
Cons
short breaks, many slow days, not much hours
employed by Crate and Barrel for 9 years
Inventory Operations Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJApril 7, 2016
promoted and transfered to three locations
Leadership development
Crate Culture
Personnel development
Time management
Good company that concentrated on longevity
Inbound / Outbound Floor Manager - Furniture (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJApril 5, 2016
Management needed to be more present with daily operations. There was a lack of leadership training which caused accountability to fall on the lower levels of leadership. Floor managers and Floor supervisors basically ran the operations while upper management were in the office.
Packer
General Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 29, 2016
Went through a temporary agency, the job was easy when i first started, they train you for about a week and than after that you are on your own. You have to be able to work at a fast paste and also with accuracy. Only busy during peak season after that you'll get laid off and on. They laid me off the first time after Christmas was over and than they called me to go back and work for a couple more weeks and got let go again. Overall the job was easy, but don't expect this job to be long term. I wouldn't go back the third time if they were to give me a call.Other than that it was a good learning experience to grow and be able to place on my resume for future preferences.
Pros
Day go by fast
Cons
Not enough hour, short term, temp, hard to get hired on

Want to know more about Crate and Barrel?

Ask a question
Great place to work, relax laid back environment,
Merchandiser Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 18, 2016
Great place to work, management was very helpful and treated all as equals. Mangers are often working with the employees as part of the team.
Good work environment, come and do your work, and go home. Never required to stay after hours to finish assignments, company had a good workflow and goals set for today that could be finished by the team throughout the day.
Only downside when I worked there was no full time, company only offered part time work with the chance of full time very slim.
Compensation was okay, but not the greatest.
Pros
Great work environment, good people, good management.
Cons
No full time offered.
Crate and Barrel Soho
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2016
Management is beyond incompetent. There was never any product education or cross training. The only way to move upwards was to kiss up to the general manager. Lower end management is a group of tired people who never wanted to help train or motivate their staff to do better, instead they would hold personal grudges against their employees and send emails about them. Crate N Barrel Soho should shut down or at least bring back old managment from other locations that truly cared about the staff and customer.

The job alone is simple, and if management and other staff were just as simple it would be a five star retail.
High paced retail
Retail (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 16, 2016
The position was part time working with contemporary furnishings and housewares. It included working with customers, stocking shelves as well as doing yearly inventory.
It was a great environment, loved the products.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cb2p
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 27, 2016
Such bad pay for high maintenance work. You're required to do more than your job description at times.
Honestly the job has it days but more bad than good. You deal with such cra on a day to day basis working here especially with management & customers. Stay far far away from here. No benefits if you're part time, We're not allowed to tell customers we're closing so we can be in the store until 11....we close at 9.
Pros
Cool coworkers . None really after that.
Cons
No benefits
Fun place to work
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 25, 2016
Enjoyed working at Crate and Barrel. Great staff that works together. They should be able to work with people more on their schedule.
Well run with excellent team spirt
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 12, 2016
Crate & Barrel's Spring Valley location is extremely well-run with excellent management and a great sense of comraderie amongst staff and managers.
Pros
Great co-workers, nice merchandise, good employee discount
Cons
Part-time hours rather scarce after holidays
Really fun upbeat place to work!
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I loved working here! I learned so much about working with my peers and customers. My management team was always on top of things and had everything in order 24/7. All of my co workers were so helpful when it came to me having and questions. I enjoyed working here more than anything, I wish it was not a seasonal position because I would love to work here full time!
Great learning experience
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2016
During my time at Crate and Barrel, I had a great experience. Prior to working there, I had had no retail experience. However, I can easily say that I would be able to jump right in at any retail store and become very effective now. The people I worked with made life a lot easier as they would off constructive criticism and always offer a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was worrying about not breaking anything. The best part was getting to meet some really awesome customers as well as very kind co-workers.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Excellent company
Regional Trainer, East Coast Region (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 25, 2016
excellent company selling quality product that you can stand behind.
Excellent Culture, great people, wonderful atmosphere.

Heavy focus on staff and leadership development. Work hard and have fun doing it.

Love it!
Pros
Beautiful environment
Cons
work retail- holidays
Fair company to work with
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJanuary 23, 2016
Pretty decent company. Not much to complain about at all. Friendly atmosphere that blends business with pleasure. I was just a temp and I learned a lot in that short time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crate and Barrel. Our community is ready to answer.