CRATERS & FREIGHTERS Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good people was able to learn new skills
Wood Worker (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 19, 2018
I enojoyed working there fast paced good management good team leader and the owner cared for his employees and even came out of office from time to time to work along side his employees
Great Place To work.
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 2, 2017
Driving of the fork lift was optional however everyone in the warehouse helped one another out. Management was always right next to you and on top of all orders.
Relaxed schedule and punctuality
Onsite Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2017
Leads are open to new ideas ,however credit never goes out for the ideas.
Hardest part was dealing with unqualified newly assigned leads due to favoritism.
Pros
Cons
no breaks
Fun job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJune 27, 2017
Fun job but horrible management. The owner is 75+ years old and not all there. The managers all have poor attitudes and lack the people skills to keep a good employee around.
Pros
The job is fun and you get to see some neat stuff
Cons
Poor leadership and management.
Established new business in a small niche of the packing and transportation industry
General Manager/PartOwner (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2017
My typical day involved performance of all office operations, customer contact and employee supervision. I learned an entirely new business, packaging and crating techniques, logistic serivces, and customer relations. I provided the local managment, and the local workplaceculture. The hardest part of the job was the establishing the initial customer base. I most enjoyed the dealing with customers and establishing a long term satisfied customer base.
Pros
Dealing with cutomers and satisfaction of their packing, crating and logistic needs
Cons
Initial marketing to establish a loyal customer base
building custom crates
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bound Brook, NJApril 14, 2017
You must always look busy and be able to fullfill job duties in a required amount of time because orders a filled daily. This job is still growing and has opportunity for advancement.
Great work environment and place to grow
Full-time Production/Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Middlesex, NJFebruary 28, 2017
Being the production/warehouse manager I was driven to bring the best out of employees and rally everyone together as a team. Each department depends on one another to keep work flowing. I started out in the cutting department and worked my way up to management. The experience all depends on what you put your mind to and strive for. All aspects of the workplace are easy to learn.
Wonderful workplace with great employees
Sr. Packaging Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 21, 2016
Craters & Freighters was fantastic company with great service to employees and customers alike. Being the Sr. engineer for the corporate headquarters I had the opportunity to work on projects with over 70 owner operators. Unfortunately after the CEO retired there was a long period of upper management changes which lead to a poor work environment. Despite this singular blemish, I believe in the company and would recommend them highly to any potential employee or customer.
Pros
Located in Golden Colorado, Great employees
Cons
high turnover
ship and crate various items domestically
associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2015
there was just three of us working for this upstart business, really enjoyed working with my boss and co-worker. got to travel around florida and meet amazing people along the way. learned how to start up a business and gain trust and confidence from other companies we did business with.
Franchise company
Packing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2013
since this company is a franchise i only speak for the one i was employed by. Good environment & good boss/owner. Treated very fairly.
Pros
Pick ups
Cons
small