Craven Community College Employee Reviews

great place to work
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCNovember 9, 2015
I loved the people that I worked with. I loved what I did, being able to help others makes me feel great. It was not so much as a job, more of a school/ learning experience, where i worked in my field eeveryday.
Pros
4 hours, 2 days a week
Cons
had to have volunteers
Computer Instructor (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCOctober 22, 2015
I am a graduate of Craven Community College and became an employee prior to graduation.
I would recommend Craven to anyone that would be interested.
A place to learn and grow
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Vanceboro, North CarolinaNovember 18, 2014
At Craven Community College, you not only have a job, but you can further your education as well. My typical day at work is mainly filing paperwork for my director and help answering the phones.
It was a job
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCNovember 14, 2014
No place for advancement. Undermined by management. Not what I thought it would be when I was first hired on.
Would love to stay, but management needs to go
IT Support (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCOctober 22, 2014
Job was amazing, with the exception of horrible management. Ridiculous goals, lack of organization, noses so far in the sky they could smell the moon.

Needs a major cycle of personnel before it step back on that campus again.
Pros
job duties, scope of skills
Cons
management, snobby, unorganized, underpaid
very productive work place
factory worker (Former Employee) –  rantoul ilMarch 26, 2014
• Check quality of prepared products, document exact results. Check quality of various products before packing and shipping. Position, align and adjust work pieces. Mark and tag components as necessary. Assemble goods clean work areas.
A Great School!
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCJanuary 2, 2014
Enrolled at Craven Community College in Havelock, NC. The course of study was Aeronautical Engineering. The course is so good. Very informative, and detailed. Everyone who is a staff member at that school are always helpful, polite, informative, I highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking forward to enrolling in classes.
Pros
great facility, the best staff on hand.
Rewarding Job
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 26, 2013
Loves teaching and interacting with students. Great to be able to help older people returning to school. I have learned that everyone is capable in improving their lives through education.For students who are behind they must do their homework over and over to become masters of that a particular subject. They may also need to go back to the basics of that course.
There are many rewards in teaching including refreshing yourself on that subject or becoming a master of that subject,
Pros
learning from students and helping others.
Cons
low pay, behavior problems with some students.
Fun place to work and learn.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCAugust 13, 2013
A typical day at work was students coming into the records department asking if they can get a transcript sent to a university they will be attending in the upcoming semester. I learned how important it is for students to have their transcript sent to the school (university) they will be attending because it will determine what class they need to take and what classes will transfer into that program their in. My co-work was great to work with they are a team player. The hardest part of my job was leaving because I graduated. Helping people was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
grants for school
Cons
wasn't able to stay after completing my degree.
Database Manager
Database Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJune 25, 2013
• Managed all incoming phone/student communications
• Facilitated daily filing requirements
• Coordinated Foundations database and event scheduling
• Directed general office activities
• Trained new office employees
Enjoyed the job
IT Technical Support (Student Worker Program) (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCOctober 10, 2012
I worked in the IT department as a Student Worker for a few months until I was offered a job elsewhere. The job was wonderful and I learned a lot while I was in school. The IT staff was great in teaching the student workers about what they do on a day-to-day basis and letting us troubleshoot issues when a faculty or staff member submitted a help ticket. They tried to hire some of the workers as a staff members, but I received another job before one became available there.
Pros
working with students; wonderful co-workers; learned a lot
Great learning experience and growing point.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCMay 17, 2012
Performed duties related to job. Friendly working environment. The most enjoyable part was working on aircraft and supporting my community.
Cool place to work
Assessment/Retention Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCFebruary 6, 2012
I like working here. My supervisor and my co-workers are cool to work with.
Pros
i work with great people!!
Cons
working part- time and need full time for benefits