Craven Community College

Craven Community College Employer Reviews

It was a job
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), New Bern, NCNovember 14, 2014
No place for advancement. Undermined by management. Not what I thought it would be when I was first hired on.
Would love to stay, but management needs to go
IT Support (Former Employee), New Bern, NCOctober 22, 2014
Pros: job duties, scope of skills
Cons: management, snobby, unorganized, underpaid
Job was amazing, with the exception of horrible management. Ridiculous goals, lack of organization, noses so far in the sky they could smell the moon.

Needs a major cycle of personnel before it step back on that campus again.
very productive work place
factory worker (Former Employee), rantoul ilMarch 26, 2014
• Check quality of prepared products, document exact results. Check quality of various products before packing and shipping. Position, align and adjust work pieces. Mark and tag components as necessary. Assemble goods clean work areas.
A Great School!
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Havelock, NCJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great facility, the best staff on hand.
Enrolled at Craven Community College in Havelock, NC. The course of study was Aeronautical Engineering. The course is so good. Very informative, and detailed. Everyone who is a staff member at that school are always helpful, polite, informative, I highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking forward to enrolling in classes.
Rewarding Job
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), New Bern, NCDecember 26, 2013
Pros: learning from students and helping others.
Cons: low pay, behavior problems with some students.
Loves teaching and interacting with students. Great to be able to help older people returning to school. I have learned that everyone is capable in improving their lives through education.For students who are behind they must do their homework over and over to become masters of that a particular subject. They may also need to go back to the basics of – more... that course.
There are many rewards in teaching including refreshing yourself on that subject or becoming a master of that subject, – less
Fun place to work and learn.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), New Bern, NCAugust 13, 2013
Pros: grants for school
Cons: wasn't able to stay after completing my degree.
A typical day at work was students coming into the records department asking if they can get a transcript sent to a university they will be attending in the upcoming semester. I learned how important it is for students to have their transcript sent to the school (university) they will be attending because it will determine what class they need to take – more... and what classes will transfer into that program their in. My co-work was great to work with they are a team player. The hardest part of my job was leaving because I graduated. Helping people was the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Database Manager
Database Manager (Former Employee), New Bern, NCJune 25, 2013
• Managed all incoming phone/student communications
• Facilitated daily filing requirements
• Coordinated Foundations database and event scheduling
• Directed general office activities
• Trained new office employees
Enjoyed the job
IT Technical Support (Student Worker Program) (Former Employee), New Bern, NCOctober 10, 2012
Pros: working with students; wonderful co-workers; learned a lot
I worked in the IT department as a Student Worker for a few months until I was offered a job elsewhere. The job was wonderful and I learned a lot while I was in school. The IT staff was great in teaching the student workers about what they do on a day-to-day basis and letting us troubleshoot issues when a faculty or staff member submitted a help ticket. – more... They tried to hire some of the workers as a staff members, but I received another job before one became available there. – less
Great learning experience and growing point.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Havelock, NCMay 17, 2012
Performed duties related to job. Friendly working environment. The most enjoyable part was working on aircraft and supporting my community.
Cool place to work
Assessment/Retention Assistant (Current Employee), New Bern, NCFebruary 6, 2012
Pros: i work with great people!!
Cons: working part- time and need full time for benefits
I like working here. My supervisor and my co-workers are cool to work with.