Crawford & Company

Crawford & Company Employee Reviews

Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Ridgeland, MSMay 11, 2015
Running reports, answering multi line phone system. Dealing with the public and coworkers, inputting claims as they came in for the states of MS and AR. Management was easy to get along with as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to assist insured's and claimant's with questions they had that I was not trained to answer. I enjoyed every part of my job
Fun place to work
Claims Specialist II (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 27, 2015
Pros: friendly
Cons: medical
Company has many great factors with attractive incentives for employees. Great for all aged employees. Company offers great growth.
Friendly People
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Learn on your own
What I have learned is that it is important to be a self motivator if you have a desire to learn your responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the employees are very friendly and willing to always help.
Fun and Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Employees work as a team
Cons: Location
Busy, full workday. Almost never have downtime as there is always something to be done. Have to be able to keep on top of incoming calls and manage workload of files. But fun place to work with great people and employees are team players and will help when needed.
Fun
Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Great place to work and gain alot of experience in the insurance industry. The atmosphere is wonderful and my team is hard working.
Family Atmosphere
Casualty Adjuster (Current Employee), Franklin, TNMarch 29, 2015
Pros: No Micro Management
Cons: Need More training
Crawford is a great place to work. The company offers a lot to its employees that is and isn't job related. The managers are well educated and trained in their respective positions.
A good place to work
Multi-line Claims Adjuster - Catastrophe (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexibility of work schedule
Cons: inconsistent work opportunities
A typical day would provide the opportunity to work with many individuals in the resolution of the losses. I learned if you handle each persons loss as if it were your own, while being cognizant of the fiduciary responsibility to the insurance carrier, there were very few times anyone had a complaint about your work.
Management as a general rule were hands off, as long as you followed the reporting guidelines.
As you work via computer link, on your own, there is little opportunity to be involved with co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is keeping ahead of the volume of losses during periods of high claims demand following a large, catastrophic loss.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with people and seeing parts of the country you may have never been to prior to the assignment.
I thoroughly thrive in the catastrophe services of Crawford CAT Services out of Atlanta, GA
Xactimate Remote File Reviewer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2015
A day of work always brings a day of pay! Due to the nature of cat services 12 hour days 7 days a week should be expected until a specific project is complete. Each day is exciting and challenging and always rewarding.
Great start
Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: training
I was given the opportunity to learn the claims industry from Crawford. The base of information I learned established my career path. I will always be thankful for the 10 year at Crawford & Company
Challenging, competitive, fast pace, multi tasking enviornment.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Wayne, NJFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: multi tasking, educational, room for advencement
Cons: on call 24 hours monthly, commute and traffic
Crawford and Company was a educational and challenging experience. The corporation encouraged and supported advancement within. The management as a whole was supportive and helpful. The daily environment was fast paced and responsibilities were diverse. The most enjoyable part of my position was the multi-tasking involving medical, legal, investigational, customer service, first report intaking, coverage verification and ongoing and changing positive interpersonal relationships with all involved .
A wonderful group of people who learn your name and remember it! They also care about their employees.
Independent Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free xactimate, free state licensing
Cons: out of town work.
I have worked for Crawford for many years. Some companies appear to pay higher commissions, but this company actually takes out for taxes and SS for you. They do other things nobody else does
such as: give each adjuster their own free subscription to the xactimate estimating program. In addition, they buy your licenses for you! That is why I have so many!
Third party claims administrator
Senior Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 24, 2015
A company with a variety of opportunities in a variety of different discplines
horrible
Auto Liability Adjuster (Former Employee), atlantaJanuary 23, 2015
management knows nothing and the work was simple. management was not supportive and very petty.
Great co workers
Claims Processor/Administrative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Cons: micro management, high turnover
I have enjoyed working here, the people are what makes this job so wonderful. I've met so many wonderful life long friends here. The benefits package is quite impressive.
Save yourself a breakdown
Claim Representative III (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2014
Pros: lots of free lunches, flexible work schedule
Cons: poor retirement benefits, bad match on 401k, poor health insurance
Very poor job/life balance, Heavy work load, and unreal expectations with a very poor computer internally to support the team
Learning and Handling the claims process
CEO Trainee (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
I am currently a claims trainee at Crawford and Company. Since June second I have held many different duties and I will continue to have a variety of responsibilities. The first three months I was mostly in classroom style training. I learned the ins and outs of many insurance polices and the process of adjusting claims. After these few month of classroom training I have been assigned to handle workers compensation claims. My daily obligations consist of making first contact with the claimant's employer and the medical provider that treated the claimant. I receive and document a variety of information from both of these contacts, then I implement them into the handling process. Once these task have been completed I go into the claims and review to assure that all information is input correctly and review what further action needs to be taken. If further action is needed then I follow the procedure accordingly to complete what task need to be accomplished. If no further action is needed, then I submit the claim for payment and review for closure.
Traveling position
Class Action/ Warranty Inspector and Desk Adjuster (Current Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 6, 2014
I have nothing but good things to say about everything but the work/life balance.
Pushing out experience
Property General Adjuster (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good money and training
Cons: no chance for work-life balance.
Crawford is migrating towards the over-managed side of the pendulum. In a lot of cases, more experienced adjusters are walking away from the frustration of having multiple bosses with less experience get in the way of claim resolution.

The money is good as a commissioned adjuster. There is always work. But there is not enough staffing - at least in the office where I was - and there is no opportunity for any work-life balance.

I liked the people I worked with. Overall, the company culture is not concerned with nurturing employees.
medium company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2014
company was not well organized or managed when I was there. Salary and benefits were also below industry standard
Very Busy and the days went fast. Overall rating is very good.
Vocational Counselor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: busy and professional
Cons: none.
Much support and rewards. Able to advance to supervisor. Company was solid and n international.

1 2 3 4 5

About Crawford & Company

Crawford & Company is an international insurance services firm providing claims adjustment and risk management services to insurers – Read more

Crawford & Company Salaries