Crawford & Company

Crawford & Company Employer Reviews

Learning and Handling the claims process
CEO Trainee (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
I am currently a claims trainee at Crawford and Company. Since June second I have held many different duties and I will continue to have a variety of responsibilities. The first three months I was mostly in classroom style training. I learned the ins and outs of many insurance polices and the process of adjusting claims. After these few month of classroom – more... training I have been assigned to handle workers compensation claims. My daily obligations consist of making first contact with the claimant's employer and the medical provider that treated the claimant. I receive and document a variety of information from both of these contacts, then I implement them into the handling process. Once these task have been completed I go into the claims and review to assure that all information is input correctly and review what further action needs to be taken. If further action is needed then I follow the procedure accordingly to complete what task need to be accomplished. If no further action is needed, then I submit the claim for payment and review for closure. – less
Traveling position
Class Action/ Warranty Inspector and Desk Adjuster (Current Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 6, 2014
I have nothing but good things to say about everything but the work/life balance.
Pushing out experience
Property General Adjuster (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good money and training
Cons: no chance for work-life balance.
Crawford is migrating towards the over-managed side of the pendulum. In a lot of cases, more experienced adjusters are walking away from the frustration of having multiple bosses with less experience get in the way of claim resolution.

The money is good as a commissioned adjuster. There is always work. But there is not enough staffing - at least in – more... the office where I was - and there is no opportunity for any work-life balance.

I liked the people I worked with. Overall, the company culture is not concerned with nurturing employees. – less
medium company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2014
company was not well organized or managed when I was there. Salary and benefits were also below industry standard
Very Busy and the days went fast. Overall rating is very good.
Vocational Counselor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: busy and professional
Cons: none.
Much support and rewards. Able to advance to supervisor. Company was solid and n international.
Productive and fun workplace
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 22, 2014
Crawford & Company has a very professional work environment. I feel the employees really respect one another and work as a team here.
Employment with Crawford & Company
Sr. Workers' Comp Adjuster (Former Employee), various, California, Alaska and NevadaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great environment, ability to move to different locations, promotions
Cons: low salary
Overall I enjoyed my employment with this company. Had they not closed the department I was working in I would not have left. I was employed with this company for 18 years.
Very good Company to work with
Insurance Adjuster/Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: supervisors are so helpful
Cons: there are times that we are extending hours of work but not a big deal.
A typical day or work is always busy. I've learned a lot when I started working as Inside Adjuster. Co-adjusters are helpful. The hardest part of the job is pressure when you have not meet the minimum claims to be closed in a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is that all the CAT employee are nice and Co-adjusters/ Supervisor/Managers are so helpful.
Great job
Senior Auto and heavy equipment appraiser (Former Employee), Anchorage AlaskaJuly 11, 2014
Worked independently. Handled all auto and heavy equipment appraisals for entire state of Alaska
Love this place
Data Entry (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: big company
I loved working for this company. My coworkers were a joy to work with.
Comparable work environment
Accounts Receivables Coordinator/Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2014
Busy throughout day
Monthend longer days
Good co workers
Advancement limited
It was fun working with Crawford & Company I made great people
Vehicle Services Dispatch for FredLoya (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2014
Pros: very flexible
Cons: not enough training and not enough pay
Working at Crawford & Company is challenging, everyone works very hard in order to get the job done, very demanding. But I had fun working there each day.
Overall good company to work for
Property and Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 18, 2014
In my time with Crawford, it was a decent place to work, most of the supervisors were kind and willing to help out. There were some that liked to be micro managers. I would say if you have a chance to work for this company go ahead but be understanding that you will deal with a lot of irate people cursing and screaming into the phone and it is an extremely – more... high stressful job. – less
Managing property and casualty claims
Insurance Assessor/Examiner, PROJECT OFFICER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2014
Catastrophic and daily claims work. Managing property and casualty claims
Busy Professional Office
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Melville, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great company, learned about insurance, fast paced
Great Company to work for. Large office and busy working environment. Was hired as Administrative Assistant and 1 year later was promoted to Claims Adjuster.
Overall
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Ft. LauderdaleMarch 24, 2014
Very professional environment. A good coorporation to worked for and.
Fast Pace with lots of traveling
Outside Independent Property Adjuster III (Current Employee), Reading PAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: long hours & 24 hour on call
Inspect property damage to both personal & commercial buildings. Work long hours continuously plus weekends sometimes. Work from home has an advantage to set your own hours. Co-workers are very friendly and outgoing. When we work Catastrophes the drive time can be very long at times which interferes with office time.
Normal workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2014
The environment was normal. The company experienced an outsourcing and adjustments were made to accommodate this change. After the outsourcing contract expired after 7 years, layoffs occurred.
Great management Team
Property Adjuster (Current Employee), Atlanta GaMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment.
Cons: advirse weather
Scoped losses, and submitted for approval to management for their approval or for adjustments.
A nice TPA to work
Medical Only Adjuster (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: all the holiday parties
Cons: not enough time with crawford
Crawford and Co was where I was introduced to the Workers' Comp world and I could not have asked for a better place.

1 2 3 4 5

About Crawford & Company

Crawford & Company is an international insurance services firm providing claims adjustment and risk management services to insurers – Read more