Crawford & Company Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2017
I processed medical bills for payment, set up liability claims for adjusters, tryped documents, answer phone, assist wherever and whatever was needed by supervisor.

Loved my supervisor, was fair, and treated everyone the same. I loved working for her.
Pros
Great supervisor, benefits
Cons
room for growth and raise
Global company that seems to have lost interest in the US market
Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILDecember 8, 2016
Global company that is not very interest in the US market anymore. See more opportunity overseas then in the US. Current CEO has no experience in the insurance industry. and is a cost cutting specialist.
Pros
If you are not outsourced the compensation is better than it has been in a long time
Cons
Everything is heading overseas
Run far from temptation of applying
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2016
Run....if this company posts a job and you're tempted to apply...just run....check lawsuits from former employees for salary "discrepancies," check greedy upper management salaries and bonuses
Pros
Hmmm....just run....that's all I can think to say
Cons
You need to run....very far
Greta place to work
Independent Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2017
Crawford is a great place to work. If you are just starting out your career in claims this is a great place to start. Work/life balance is great, the claims count however can get overwhelming at times, but Management is understanding, as long as you show that you are working they really leave you alone, but again you must show that you are contributing and working.
Pros
Like/work balance
Cons
Not enough room for growth
A nice work environment with competent and helpful supervisors and nice co-workers.
NURSE CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 7, 2017
It was totally telephonic case management for injured workers across the country. Spoke with workers, employers and physicians to assess progress of worker and to obtain light duty work when possible. It was here that I learned how to use a computer, and to manage cases. Took part in Utilization Reviews if the situation did not fit the written criteria. Spoke directly with doctors onsite. The most enjoyable part of the job was having lunch with co-workers either in the nice cafeteria or outside by the lake. The hardest part of the job was when I was new and our daily pending list was 40 hours, which was humanly impossible. Once more nurses were hired, it was much more manageable.
Pros
Helpful supervisors and nice co-workers.
Cons
Very heavy caseloads at times.
Productive work place with a Job Work/Life Balance,
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMarch 13, 2017
Productive work place with a Job Work/Life Balance, Challenging work, and good management that rewarded hard work.My most enjoyable part was working with good people.
Excellent Work-Life balance.
Lead Software Engineer & Release manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 21, 2017
Excellent work-life balance, friendly working environment and coworkers. team-wise management is good. recent a lot out-sourcing.
Worst place ever
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2017
Management was rude, racists, and lied to staff on a daily basis. No opportunity for growth or advancement. Any of your complaints and/or issues are ignored.
Can be a decent job if you work from home. Be careful if they expect you to go into the office on a daily basis.
Property General Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 14, 2016
Most adjusters work from home, I was expected to travel to the office every day which added 2.5 to 3 hours to my day and they expected my production to be the same as people who work from home.
Pros
Reasonable pay and benefits
Cons
work life balance can be difficult
Great Company work/life balance is outstanding
Network Hardware Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Very process oriented company to work for. Management was detailed and organized. You get up in the morning wanting to go to work. The people were very knowledge and willing to coach.
Great Company
Heavy Equipment & Auto Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Crawford and Company is a great company.
I worked with Crawford prior to working catastrophe claims and worked in the field out of my home. This required lots of drive time, but in turn able to make and manage my own schedule!
Pros
Great Company
Cons
WGES
No comment
ETL Developer/Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAFebruary 10, 2017
I learned several different things at Crawford & Company in my 30 years working there, however they no longer do that, instead they outsource jobs. If you want more information call them.
productive and great place to work
Call Center Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
Great place for trying to get into the insurance business, you work with a number of different people and challenge yourself on the daily. The day goes by quickly because you are always busy working.
Positive environment.
Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2017
My day entailed searching newspapers help wanted ads for clients. Attempting to set up interviews for clients and accompanying the clients to any interviews.
Pros
Stable envirnment.
Cons
Too noisy in office.
Excellent company
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 16, 2017
Very enjoyable company to work with open communications at all time, worked as outside adjuster on scene investigation, working with insureds and claimants to resolve issues.
Pros
FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE OPEN COMMUNICATION
Cons
HAVE NONE
Surprisingly stable company
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2015
The Accounting department is very unorganized. Training is a challenge. New employees struggle to gain proper access to resources needed to do their job effectively. The environment doesn't foster growth and opportunity. Supervisors are arrogant and don't really care about equipping their employees for success. They would rather curse and belittle you than do their jobs. Management just signs off on things without reviewing it and blames you if something comes back wrong. The morale is lower than low. Compensation is below market by 30% at best.
Pros
can work from home as needed
Cons
low pay, mediocre benefits, poor management and training
very stressful place to work
Casualty Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2016
this was a very stressful place to work. The expectation was to work long hours, including weekends and late into the night. The pressure to produce hours billable to the client was immense. I only stayed one year and it nearly killed me to do that.
Global Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Crawford. It is a large corporation, however there is definitely a family feel there. Co-workers are respectful and receptive to feedback.
Good experience, but bad management
Casualty Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PASeptember 1, 2016
Crawford and Company is an insurance service company as well as TPA. I was a casualty adjuster for one of our main clients. I did not get any training from management and utilized the experience of my co workers to succeed at that job
Pros
free car
Cons
on call
Producitive and fun place to workj
EDI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2016
A great company to work for you the environment is great and you have great team players. The mangers care about the employees and spent a lot of their own money to make things special for the employees.
Pros
Free lunches, office outings, fun christmas parties
Cons
no complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crawford & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

67%