Crawford & Company

Crawford & Company Employer Reviews

Challenging fast paced claims environment
Field Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Glastonbury, CTNovember 27, 2013
Pros: working independently
Cons: too much work to complete in one day
Typical day involves setting up new claim investigations, completing reports due, field investigating of claims, data entry of investigation results.

Team leader guides efforts and support comes from both management and co workers.

Keeping diaries current is the most challenging part of the job.

The best part of the job is that you schedule and complete – more... your work yourself both inside the office and outside in the field. – less
Workers Compensation
Workers Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee), St. Louis, MissouriNovember 19, 2013
Worked with individuals that were hurt on the job. Took statements, and reported back to the insurance company. Ensured timely worker's compensation payments to the individuals.
Great company
Claims Assistant/Billing (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLOctober 11, 2013
Exceptional company to start a career in the claims industry. I was able to learn a great about the claims process and all the managers I worked for were very knowledgeable and friendly.
Good Company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours, average amount time for lunch
Cons: low salary
I was first sent here through a temp agency and then was hired permanently.

After working for this group for about four months I was asked to come on board permanently, and I did so gladly as I enjoyed the work that I was doing, and enjoyed the people that I was with.

In a typical day I was asked to place calls out individuals and organizations in – more... regards to many different aspects. One area in which I would place calls was to see if an individual was honoring his workman's comp claim, or to see if he needed any further assistance. – less
Working at hurricanes was exciting.
TELECOMMUNICATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Norcross, GASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: was not micro managed
Cons: benefits
Designed ways to save time on phone systems at hurricane and tornado locations. Designed a way to monitor phone bills with less time.
Productive and understanding about family problems.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks and health benefits.
My typical day was processing claims and adjudication, which is making sure claims were in accurate standing. The most enjoyable was, they offered over-time.
Get's your foot in the insurance door
Property Adjuster (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 27, 2013
Pros: numerous windows on how claims are performed in different companies
Cons: low pay
I had a good experience with finding out how other companies work and performed a multitude of claim types. It was a great first step in the adjusting field.
This is the company where I learned about case management
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2013
Crawford provided a good work environment. Crawford also provided a good educational foundation in case management.
Passion asked co-worker about serious job.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: enjoy free gifts and one raise time salary.
Cons: 1 hours lunch break and enjoy reading some books.
A typical day of work was full time job. 8 am to 4 pm or 5 pm.
I learned to type speed of personal data and 10 keys.
I management typing before the work before end of shift.
My co-workers were great help and enjoy to help team too.
The hardest part of the job were speed with no errors.
The most enjoyable part of the job were be on time at work early – more... morning. – less
Not for people who want a life outside of work.
Multi-Line Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 20, 2013
Crawford tries to get by with the bare minimum of staff and it often blows up on them through decreased quality of work. Clients are starting to realize this and are beginning to question why Crawford's fees are high. Consistent work quality is also difficult to expect with 6 different managers in the past 7 years. Adjusters get sold on the bonus plan – more... but are not told that a bonus is only possible 6 months out of the year due to weather. If the weather is bad you get a bonus, if it is not bad, then you could go a year waiting for enough work to do and starving. You are given a company car but if there is little work, the company charges you for the use of the car up to $200.00 a month. It would be nice to have a gas card for the company car if you're driving 200 miles a day instead of paying out of pocket. – less
very good to their inspectors
Contents Claim Adjuster (Former Employee), atlanta gaJune 4, 2013
Pros: bonsus, on claims
Cons: work shedule
travel from state to state inspecting homes learn to get around from state to state. Management was in the wrong hand that cause the lost of job. Co-worker were helpful,it was hard being away from home,but love the travel.
Fast paced company that required you to be knowledgeable about hundreds of companies
Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2013
Crawford & Company was basically the only job that I ever had. I worked there over 27 years. I began answering the phones and doing basic office work and advanced to being the Office Supervisor. Working for an independent adjusting company is a busy enviornment and challenging in that each claim has to be handled to the client's satisifaction as well – more... as your employers. Each claim you handle must be done professionally as a client can withdraw their business from your office based on a negative claim experience. This could greatly impact the office and the company. I enjoyed my co-workers and the manager I worked with. This is the type of job where you walk in and before you know it - the day is up. Not many slow days in an insurance environment. – less
People are very fun to work with
Sr Distribution Services Spec (Current Employee), Lake Zurich, ILMay 20, 2013
Hardest part of job when there are production problems. I learned a lot being in IT and working close with the Claim Department. Dealing with having good customer service skills, with claim adjusters I deal with on a day to day basis.
Overworked and Understaffed
Claims Clerk III-7642 (Former Employee), Folsom, CAMay 14, 2013
Although I loved working with the people in my department, it was a very stressful environment. For all of the deadlines that needed to be made there was just an over abundance of work for the lack of staff.
Not a fun place to work, every one is just into the laying of blame!!!!!
Sn Auditor (Former Employee), H.O, Atlanta, GaMay 13, 2013
Pros: pretty building
Cons: vp of audit has no internal audit experience, penny pinching dept., understaffed, overworked, no electronic workpapers, workpapers are kept in excel without support. you have to be able to kiss up to vp.
Would not recommend my enemy to take this job, VP of Internal Audit has no internal audit experience and runs around like a chicken without a head, Audit dept. does not have a charter nor clear reporting lines, Audit work papers are maintained in excel and supporting documents are not kept, No one in the company respect the Audit Dept, Requests sent – more... take anywhere upwards of six months to be filled, This is the job from HELL, Please even if you are desperate dont take this job, You will be doing yourself a favor, Audit Dept. consist of 7 persons and within 1 year all 7 persons quit, some without even having jobs. – less
My department is like a second family to me
Data Analyst II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2013
Pros: upper management always supports us.
Cons: salary freeze
Though we work in a very fast-paced stressful environment due to the yearly tax season, our department is the best. We value each other's work, progress, and time. We have each other's back and most importantly, we are a great team.
Always something new
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2013
I always had fun there. The staff is amazing. My manager always was helpful
Productive/Life Balance
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2013
Great stable company. Employees are friendly and are work focus.
consult between Doc and insurance
HealthCare Case Manager, R.N (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 11, 2013
Worked as a Nurse Case Manager for a large company. Worked closely with MD's and staff, and also with insurance companies/employers to assist in providing effective medical care to both benefit the patient with good outcomes but also return patient to work within a reasonable amout of time. Please see resume for further details.
Productive, vast amount of knowledge from auditor
Heavy Equipment Adjuster/Appraiser (Current Employee), South Texas areaFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: biweekly pay
Cons: no benefits
Receive assignments, contact insured for loacation, make appointments, review the assignment, scope the damages of loss, finish file and send it to the auditor desk for review. Auditor was pleasure to work with on assignments.

About Crawford & Company

Crawford & Company is an international insurance services firm providing claims adjustment and risk management services to insurers – Read more