Crawford & Company Employee Reviews

Great Company
Global Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Crawford. It is a large corporation, however there is definitely a family feel there. Co-workers are respectful and receptive to feedback.
Global company that seems to have lost interest in the US market
Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILDecember 8, 2016
Global company that is not very interest in the US market anymore. See more opportunity overseas then in the US. Current CEO has no experience in the insurance industry. and is a cost cutting specialist.
Pros
If you are not outsourced the compensation is better than it has been in a long time
Cons
Everything is heading overseas
Run far from temptation of applying
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2016
Run....if this company posts a job and you're tempted to apply...just run....check lawsuits from former employees for salary "discrepancies," check greedy upper management salaries and bonuses
Pros
Hmmm....just run....that's all I can think to say
Cons
You need to run....very far
Producitive and fun place to workj
EDI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2016
A great company to work for you the environment is great and you have great team players. The mangers care about the employees and spent a lot of their own money to make things special for the employees.
Pros
Free lunches, office outings, fun christmas parties
Cons
no complaints
Good experience, but bad management
Casualty Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PASeptember 1, 2016
Crawford and Company is an insurance service company as well as TPA. I was a casualty adjuster for one of our main clients. I did not get any training from management and utilized the experience of my co workers to succeed at that job
Pros
free car
Cons
on call
ductive and efficient work habits without supervision.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2016
Entered information from different claims into company computer system.

Strong analytical and planning skills, combined with the ability to coordinate the efforts of many to meet organizational goals.
Productive and fun workplace
Medical only Adjuster/EOB specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 8, 2016
I was thankful for this job because it started in Atlanta, GA and I wanted to move back to Detroit. They made up a position just so I could come home. I really miss this job as well.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
very stressful place to work
Casualty Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2016
this was a very stressful place to work. The expectation was to work long hours, including weekends and late into the night. The pressure to produce hours billable to the client was immense. I only stayed one year and it nearly killed me to do that.
Not a very good place to work
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2016
The management was not very good here. There was a huge workload and it was not managed very well, you were not able to do a good job due to the workload and did not feel very satisfied about what you were able to complete in a days work.
Most productive and friendly
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 30, 2016
A typical day at Crawford & Company was very productive and easy going. As an administrative assistant I became very acquainted with the companies many policies and procedures, as well as strengthened my customer service skills.
Great Company
Adjuster's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 2, 2016
I started out as a Receptionist and was then promoted to Adjuster Assistant. Enjoyed transcribing Dictaphone cases from adjusters and screening their calls from clients.
Pros
Enjoyable work
Cons
I enjoyed working for Crawford. I worked part time and it met my needs. The people there were wonderful. Very enjoyable work environment
Secretary/Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 12, 2016
Nice place to work. I originally got my feet wet in the insurance business at Crawford. They gave me my start. Nice company and great people. Easy to work for.
Pros
Treat employees well
A good employer many years ago
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 31, 2016
Great job many years ago. Has now taken to outsourcing all admin positions possible and letting go long term dedicated employees. The job did give me a great deal of experience in learning new job positions with little to no training, which has become a strength over time.
Can be a decent job if you work from home. Be careful if they expect you to go into the office on a daily basis.
Property General Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 14, 2016
Most adjusters work from home, I was expected to travel to the office every day which added 2.5 to 3 hours to my day and they expected my production to be the same as people who work from home.
Pros
Reasonable pay and benefits
Cons
work life balance can be difficult
I learned a lot
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 11, 2016
The staff and the corporate officers were very helpful in all daily work duties. Travel was included for training and the corporate offices were very nice.
Good work life balance
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND SALES TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2015
Crawford is a good company that is pretty good at honoring work/life balance, depending on your manager. Pay is decent, but not great. Immediate management open to ideas and feedback. Upper management a little tougher.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Very low budget for sales and marketing
Collaborative Atmosphere. Fun and Exciting dynamic group
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2015
It is a repetitive workload. The most challenging part is transferring task over to someone else to complete the project. Management is great with support.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Heathcare
Productive Work Place
HCL Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2015
Friendly environment, progressive company culture. I learned the benefits of team work and collaboration. Great place to expand ones knowledge.
Pros
The People
Cons
Excellent "first step" in career building
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 1, 2015
The role of a public, P & C claims adjusting firm is a difficult assignment. Nevertheless, and after military service, this position offered me exposure to the corporate business environment. The management was excellent, the position requirements demanding, and the learning experience was outstanding.
Pros
Outstanding work experience
Cons
indepedent appraisals work from home
Multi-Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TnSeptember 19, 2015
Appraisal assignments review and inspections made with in 24 hrs. Reports were completed and turned in with 72 hrs. I was educated on a different computer and system and that increased my knowledge of to the industry. I really did not have any co-workers.The hardest part of the job was if the vehicle was being driven to get the insured or claimant to keep the vehicle in a place where I could inspect it, but I did enjoy dealing with the public and giving them some comfort in the procedures of the repair or claims process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crawford & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval