Crawford & Company Employee Reviews

Family Atmosphere
Casualty Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 29, 2015
Crawford is a great place to work. The company offers a lot to its employees that is and isn't job related. The managers are well educated and trained in their respective positions.
Pros
No Micro Management
Cons
Need More training
Productive, vast amount of knowledge from auditor
Heavy Equipment Adjuster/Appraiser (Current Employee) –  South Texas areaFebruary 11, 2013
Receive assignments, contact insured for loacation, make appointments, review the assignment, scope the damages of loss, finish file and send it to the auditor desk for review. Auditor was pleasure to work with on assignments.
Pros
biweekly pay
Cons
no benefits
Not a fun place to work, every one is just into the laying of blame!!!!!
Sn Auditor (Former Employee) –  H.O, Atlanta, GaMay 13, 2013
Would not recommend my enemy to take this job, VP of Internal Audit has no internal audit experience and runs around like a chicken without a head, Audit dept. does not have a charter nor clear reporting lines, Audit work papers are maintained in excel and supporting documents are not kept, No one in the company respect the Audit Dept, Requests sent take anywhere upwards of six months to be filled, This is the job from HELL, Please even if you are desperate dont take this job, You will be doing yourself a favor, Audit Dept. consist of 7 persons and within 1 year all 7 persons quit, some without even having jobs.
Pros
Pretty Building
Cons
VP of Audit has no internal audit experience, penny pinching dept., understaffed, overworked, no electronic workpapers, workpapers are kept in excel without support. You have to be able to kiss up to VP.
very good to their inspectors
Contents Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  atlanta gaJune 4, 2013
travel from state to state inspecting homes learn to get around from state to state. Management was in the wrong hand that cause the lost of job. Co-worker were helpful,it was hard being away from home,but love the travel.
Pros
bonsus, on claims
Cons
work shedule
Save yourself a breakdown
Claim Representative III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2014
Very poor job/life balance, Heavy work load, and unreal expectations with a very poor computer internally to support the team
Pros
Lots of free lunches, flexible work schedule
Cons
Poor retirement benefits, bad match on 401K, poor health insurance
Great start
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2015
I was given the opportunity to learn the claims industry from Crawford. The base of information I learned established my career path. I will always be thankful for the 10 year at Crawford & Company
Pros
Training
Cons
This is the company where I learned about case management
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2013
Crawford provided a good work environment. Crawford also provided a good educational foundation in case management.
do not work for this company
Vehicle/Heavy Equipment Appraiser Crawford and C (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2012
Some of the worst management team in the insurance business. You will be cheated out of pay, overtime, vacation and will turn on you in a heart beat to save their own butts.
Cons
everthing
Productive and understanding about family problems.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2013
My typical day was processing claims and adjudication, which is making sure claims were in accurate standing. The most enjoyable was, they offered over-time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks and health benefits.
Too much independence - no opportunity to work as part of a team.
Casualty/Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHAugust 19, 2012
I learned that insurance adjusting is a very difficult job, due to the fact that you are always dealing with someone who has had a loss of some sort.
Pros
company car
Cons
low salary
A wonderful group of people who learn your name and remember it! They also care about their employees.
Independent Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2015
I have worked for Crawford for many years. Some companies appear to pay higher commissions, but this company actually takes out for taxes and SS for you. They do other things nobody else does
such as: give each adjuster their own free subscription to the xactimate estimating program. In addition, they buy your licenses for you! That is why I have so many!
Pros
Free Xactimate, Free State Licensing
Cons
Out of town work.
Comparable work environment
Accounts Receivables Coordinator/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2014
Busy throughout day
Monthend longer days
Good co workers
Advancement limited
Loved this job, It was always changing
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2012
Good Company. I you can work at Crawford you can Work anywhere
Pros
upward advancement
Cons
hr, political
Productive and Friendly environment.
Senior Contents Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2015
Researched and priced claimants content's inventory submitted. Depreciated the inventory lists. Calculated replacement costs and actual cash value. Client billing.
Pros
Free KDM Training and well as virtual training.
Cons
Expensive Healthcare...
Great first job
Multi Line II / Special Investigator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2012
Interesting caseload, good management at my branch. I enjoyed my four and a half years with the company.
Workers Compensation
Workers Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MissouriNovember 19, 2013
Worked with individuals that were hurt on the job. Took statements, and reported back to the insurance company. Ensured timely worker's compensation payments to the individuals.
Working at hurricanes was exciting.
TELECOMMUNICATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 5, 2013
Designed ways to save time on phone systems at hurricane and tornado locations. Designed a way to monitor phone bills with less time.
Pros
Was not micro managed
benefits
Great company
Claims Assistant/Billing (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 11, 2013
Exceptional company to start a career in the claims industry. I was able to learn a great about the claims process and all the managers I worked for were very knowledgeable and friendly.
Traveling position
Class Action/ Warranty Inspector and Desk Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 6, 2014
I have nothing but good things to say about everything but the work/life balance.
Productive enjoyable company
Clerk III/ Lead Claims Clerk (Former Employee) –  Uniondale/Melville, NYSeptember 12, 2012
A typical day for me began with me checking voice mail to who would be out that day. Then I would know how exactly to govern my self for the day. If it was a Monday I would update the vacation logs and collect those that had not been turned in yet, this was done for 7 units within the office. If the system was down within the entire the region then I would work with Home Office to bring it back up. Then I would continue with processing the office bills. Sort and distribute daily mail. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
flex time
Cons
some of the people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crawford & Company. Our community is ready to answer.