Crawford & Company Employee Reviews

Great Company
Adjuster's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 2, 2016
I started out as a Receptionist and was then promoted to Adjuster Assistant. Enjoyed transcribing Dictaphone cases from adjusters and screening their calls from clients.
Pros
Enjoyable work
Cons
I enjoyed working for Crawford. I worked part time and it met my needs. The people there were wonderful. Very enjoyable work environment
Secretary/Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 12, 2016
Nice place to work. I originally got my feet wet in the insurance business at Crawford. They gave me my start. Nice company and great people. Easy to work for.
Pros
Treat employees well
A good employer many years ago
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 31, 2016
Great job many years ago. Has now taken to outsourcing all admin positions possible and letting go long term dedicated employees. The job did give me a great deal of experience in learning new job positions with little to no training, which has become a strength over time.
Can be a decent job if you work from home. Be careful if they expect you to go into the office on a daily basis.
Property General Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 14, 2016
Most adjusters work from home, I was expected to travel to the office every day which added 2.5 to 3 hours to my day and they expected my production to be the same as people who work from home.
Pros
Reasonable pay and benefits
Cons
work life balance can be difficult
I learned a lot
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 11, 2016
The staff and the corporate officers were very helpful in all daily work duties. Travel was included for training and the corporate offices were very nice.
Good work life balance
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND SALES TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2015
Crawford is a good company that is pretty good at honoring work/life balance, depending on your manager. Pay is decent, but not great. Immediate management open to ideas and feedback. Upper management a little tougher.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Very low budget for sales and marketing
Collaborative Atmosphere. Fun and Exciting dynamic group
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2015
It is a repetitive workload. The most challenging part is transferring task over to someone else to complete the project. Management is great with support.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Heathcare
Productive Work Place
HCL Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2015
Friendly environment, progressive company culture. I learned the benefits of team work and collaboration. Great place to expand ones knowledge.
Pros
The People
Cons
Excellent "first step" in career building
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 1, 2015
The role of a public, P & C claims adjusting firm is a difficult assignment. Nevertheless, and after military service, this position offered me exposure to the corporate business environment. The management was excellent, the position requirements demanding, and the learning experience was outstanding.
Pros
Outstanding work experience
Cons
indepedent appraisals work from home
Multi-Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TnSeptember 19, 2015
Appraisal assignments review and inspections made with in 24 hrs. Reports were completed and turned in with 72 hrs. I was educated on a different computer and system and that increased my knowledge of to the industry. I really did not have any co-workers.The hardest part of the job was if the vehicle was being driven to get the insured or claimant to keep the vehicle in a place where I could inspect it, but I did enjoy dealing with the public and giving them some comfort in the procedures of the repair or claims process.
Hard place to work
Supervisor, Special Accounts (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 18, 2015
I stayed with the company for a long time due to 1st job and growing family. If I had to do over again I probably would have left after I got my certifications out of the way.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
untrained management team
Productive and Friendly environment.
Senior Contents Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2015
Researched and priced claimants content's inventory submitted. Depreciated the inventory lists. Calculated replacement costs and actual cash value. Client billing.
Pros
Free KDM Training and well as virtual training.
Cons
Expensive Healthcare...
Surprisingly stable company
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2015
The Accounting department is very unorganized. Training is a challenge. New employees struggle to gain proper access to resources needed to do their job effectively. The environment doesn't foster growth and opportunity. Supervisors are arrogant and don't really care about equipping their employees for success. They would rather curse and belittle you than do their jobs. Management just signs off on things without reviewing it and blames you if something comes back wrong. The morale is lower than low. Compensation is below market by 30% at best.
Pros
can work from home as needed
Cons
low pay, mediocre benefits, poor management and training
Great opportunity
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 10, 2015
Crawford & Company provided excellent training and opportunities for advancement and was my stepping stone to transition to the field of Case Management. I would love the opportunity to work for this company again
Helping with the Katfrina victims
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buckhead gaJuly 30, 2015
I really enjoy working for this company. It was a temp job helping the Katrina victims receive their benefits. It allowed me to do what I love doing helping and making sure the victims received their funds
Nice work atmosphere.
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 27, 2015
A challenging position. Enjoyed the fact that co-workers depended on your knowledge. Able to develop a helping relationship with injured employees.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Overall good place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2015
Good company to work for. The work/life balance is pretty good with this company. Job security/advancement opportunity have slimmed down a little in the past few years.
Crawford was not only a job, it was a "school"
Multi Line Adjuster (Former Employee) –  San Juan, Puerto RicoJuly 2, 2015
Anybody who has worked with Crawford & Company, particularly in the early stages of their insurance adjusting career, will tell you that their experience with Crawford was that of a "school" and not just a 'job". In the smaller offices, such as the San Juan office, an adjuster had the opportunity to handle claims of all lines. Even in Puerto Rico Crawford serviced national (U.S.) accounts which presented many types of claims, depending on the account. The branch manager and supervisor were strict with reporting guidelines and formats used by Crawford and would assist the newer adjusters to comply with the guidelines. Crawford would also send selected employees for further training as in my case when I attended the Crawford & Company Property Course in Atlanta, Georgia.
Pros
Excellent supervision and training
Cons
Very Little opportunity for growth in a small branch office
Great place to work with many activities for employee participation.
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta,Ga.June 25, 2015
Billing of all accounts assigned.Deliver invoices by email or client preferred delivery method.Upload invoices that are to be delivered to billing review systems for preferred clients. Work to resolve billing disputes.
Pros
Great benefits and pay.
Cons
Some areas require more training for employees.
stability
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2015
Interesting place to work. Great location. Lots of offices and opportunity for advancement.

Great co-workers. Good commute for Atlanta traffic.
Pros
stability
benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crawford & Company. Our community is ready to answer.