Crawford & Company

Crawford & Company Employer Reviews

Fun, fast paste place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 11, 2012
Pros: learned a lot everyday
Cons: closed down
I was a receptionist who answered busy phone lines. I learned about telephone communication worked with upper management with confidentiality of the company's policy and procedures. The hardeest part of my job was to see it close down. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching everyone get to work on time.
csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2012
Temporary job during Hurricane Rita. Great company would love to go back.
Good place to work for entry level workers
Billing Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2012
A typical day consisted of logging in to a system to see any new updates. Email staff and clients with weekly research and upcoming meetings. Generating new marketing campagins for small market advertisements. Management was very hands on and helpful. The hardest part of the job was being consistent in the beginning stages of generating leads for events. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job is being elected to take on more major tasks once proven to manage minor ones. – less
do not work for this company
Vehicle/Heavy Equipment Appraiser Crawford and C (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2012
Cons: everthing
SOME OF THE WORST MANAGEMENT TEAM IN THE INSURANCE BUSINESS. YOU WILL BE CHEATED OUT OF PAY, OVERTIME, VACATION AND WILL TURN ON YOU IN A HEART BEAT TO SAVE THEIR OWN BUTTS.

May 23, 2012

I will not recommend this company to NO one....

July 18, 2012

9 month in PR Brach and i almost end on hospital by heart attack due the overpressure the manager put to the employes. Very hostile ambient, workplace harassment. work nights an weekends and only 5 day period of vacation these girls will get out you of your nervs.

Overall Crawford has been good to me but there is not much in career advancement.
IT Technican (Former Employee), AtlantaMarch 20, 2012
Pros: work from home, competative pay
Cons: very political, few promotions, no employee loyalty from mgmt, rif's
Overall Crawford has been good to me but there is not much career advancement. They tend to hire new employees rather than promote within. They profess to help you advance your career but if it is in a different IT "silo" it will not happen.
great work environment and good supervisors
Customer Service Claims Rep (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2012
Pros: supervisors were always there to assist you
Cons: everyday adjustments, frequent changes and new rules
Everyday was a challenge which I exceeded all expectations. Each day there was an added detail to old claims and updates for new claims. I always kept my notes out so I could assist claimants with new rules and changes on claims. The changes made the job exciting and also kept everyone up on their toes
Claims Adjuster
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Madison, WI.March 7, 2012
Crawford gave me the opportunities to advance my education, teaching the correct way to handle claims.
very interesting job and really enjoyed what I did
Claims Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2012
input various wc/liab claims some claims were interesting and other could be very distraught. But I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. We all worked as a team.
Long time employee with little management respect
Adjuster in Charge (Former Employee), Victorville, CAFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: good compensation
Cons: lack of honesty and job stability.
I worked for Crawford and Company for almost 17 years. I was promoted to Adjuster in Charge in Victorville, CA which is now closed. I was told that I was the second highest paid employee in the branch and was terminated because of low production.
A+
Floor manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaJanuary 11, 2012
Pros: great management, advancement!
Cons: not a lot of positions avail..
Excellent company to work for! Just finished a contracting assignment and i really felt a part of the team!
Great
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), 2200 NW 50th street Suite 200EDecember 8, 2011
Pros: people
Cons: people
Nice place to work. Great people and always plenty of work to be done. I loved to stay busy amd not have to much downtime
Good place to work. Staff is very nice to get along with and very accommidating
Office Administrator (Auto Appraisal Division) (Current Employee), Waterloo, OntarioJuly 22, 2014
Pros: lots of new things to learn and always given the chance to try
Cons: no benefits as i was contract
I enjoy working. Any job that was given to me I did to the best of my ability. I was trained very well. There was times that the job was very demanding but you just put your mind to it and it all works out. I have great supervisors and Management. They were willing to challenge me in my job and I never let them down.
Great Co-Workers, Slow to Change
Bilingual Representative (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: slow to change, not very open to feedback
I got along well with everyone, but process improvement is not front and centre for my division.
GOOD COMPANY TO WORK IN
VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee), KUALA LUMPURJune 23, 2014
THE CULTURE OF THE COMPANY ALLOW EACH EMPLOYER TO WORK TO THEIR SKILL AND ABILITIES AND THERE ARE FEW COMPLAINTS GREAT CULTURE AND GOOD EMPLOYER
Good job, no security
Claims Care Agent (Former Employee), 180 King St. EastApril 7, 2014
Pros: easy job, good pay
Cons: management does not care about you
The job overall was moderately fun and not difficult at all. I was really looking forward to working in the position for awhile.

However as soon as I completed my training I was let go (after countless good reviews during training, passing all my courses and great reviews while on the phone) because I filled out my schedule preference sheet to my preferences – more... instead of what they wanted.

The company has a reputation of firing people for the silliest of reasons and I was a victim of it. – less
The most forward thinking innovative place I've worked at in the past 20 years
Adjuster (Current Employee), British ColumbiaMarch 30, 2014
Pros: the most flexible working conditions i've ever had, proactive, get treated with respect
Cons: no formal training
A place where I am treated like an adult, I am not micro managed, I am encouraged. The benefits are great, very flexible work schedule, state of the art technology, very pro active management, this company gets things done and at high speed. Everything is at your finger tips, set up to succeed. There is no formal training so if you aren't a self starter – more... and need a lot of guidance and to be lead by the nose then this is not the right place for you. If you like being given responsibility, very slick streamlined no double handling work then this is a great environment. Probably the only place in 20 years that I have felt like a valued individual instead of a number or cog in a wheel. This is a dynamic, innovative company that isn't stuck in the past. Other companies should be watching for this one because while the fat cats sit back and provide 2+ week turn around times companies like this are swooping in and servicing in hours rather than weeks... – less
Excellent Employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Crawford & CompanyMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great employer
Cons: being laid off
I worked at Crawford for 17 years first in the Healthcare Division, then the Adjusters division when Healthcare in Niagara closed. When we were busy it was a great atmosphere to work in and great people with varying personalities. When we lost a big contract, the office began to slow down which unfortunately led to layoffs. I have no ill feelings towards – more... the company. – less
claims adjuster
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: expectations of overtime without pay, excessive work demands
-handle claims
-learned how to handle different claims and deal with different types of people
-management is okay
-having to face work overload
-co-workers
Exciting
Aviation Surveyor (Current Employee), London, ENGFebruary 12, 2014
Within the aviation insurance market I manage the Hull and Deductible insurance claims for fixed and rotor wing aircraft worldwide. Which includes aircraft damage survey, event causation investigation, repairs and monitoring of these repairs, recovery, policy coverage, cost control and adjustment.
A work week at crawford and company
Software Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: speaking with co-works and getting their fee- back
Cons: that it was a contract
My typical day
• Created and executed automated software test plans, cases and scripts to uncover, identify and document software problems and their causes.
• Contributed to the QA process improvement and documentation for support in Department Audits.
• Take an active role in backlog grooming to ensure all requirements given are testable and well understood.
 – more... Lead QA status meetings at the daily scrum.
• Ad Hoc Status Reporting on QA status
• Support the project team in all aspects of the project life cycle
• Tested all Web Services between the .net in house application to external systems such as External Bank’s, Appian workflow, Navision accounting services as well as the online claims processing applications
• Applications tested in .Net, ASP.Net, Appian, HTML%, Crystal Reports with the back end of SQL and MySQL. Run simple SQL scripts to validate data within the application directly from the database.
• Pinpointed previously undiscovered flaw in new software release, resulting in formal commendation letter from the department head
• Identified the root cause of intermittent interoperability glitch in the software, leading to a better release
• Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues. Leveraged my communication to communicate effectively with software design team, quickly gaining their respect and becoming a valued, “go-to” team member on challenging test cases
I learn everything that you see above.
Management was great, they were flexible in hours
co-works were amazing, cause we worked as team and not as individuals
The hardest part of the jobs is that there was not enough hours in a day.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs is seeing the end result of a successful project. – less

About Crawford & Company

Crawford & Company is an international insurance services firm providing claims adjustment and risk management services to insurers – Read more