Crawford & Company

Crawford & Company Employer Reviews

Great work environment
Class Action Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2012
Keep informed of activities or changes that could affect the likelihood of an emergency, as well as those that could affect response efforts and details of plan implementation.
Prepare plans that outline operating procedures in response to disasters or emergencies, such as hurricanes, nuclear accidents, terrorist attack, and the recovery from these events.
Maintain and update all resource materials associated with emergency preparedness plans.
Productive enjoyable company
Clerk III/ Lead Claims Clerk (Former Employee), Uniondale/Melville, NYSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: flex time
Cons: some of the people
A typical day for me began with me checking voice mail to who would be out that day. Then I would know how exactly to govern my self for the day. If it was a Monday I would update the vacation logs and collect those that had not been turned in yet, this was done for 7 units within the office. If the system was down within the entire the region then I would work with Home Office to bring it back up. Then I would continue with processing the office bills. Sort and distribute daily mail. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Too much independence - no opportunity to work as part of a team.
Casualty/Liability Adjuster (Former Employee), Bedford, NHAugust 19, 2012
Pros: company car
Cons: low salary
I learned that insurance adjusting is a very difficult job, due to the fact that you are always dealing with someone who has had a loss of some sort.
Easy going environment
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2012
Pros: easy going enviroment
Cons: low compensatin
Processed workers compensation claims for accuracy. Advised customers of decision.
Good start
General Adjuster (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJJuly 24, 2012
Pros: diverse clients
Cons: billing hours
I learned the business from a great manager who taught me alot. Good job to learn all the aspects of property insurance.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Specialist I (Former Employee), Atlanata, GaJuly 16, 2012
Cons: some managers are poorly skilled to supervise employees.
Great place to work, but poor management. Poor job security due to when work is slow your department can be downsized at short notice.
Great first job
Multi Line II / Special Investigator (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 11, 2012
Interesting caseload, good management at my branch. I enjoyed my four and a half years with the company.
Fun, fast paste place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 11, 2012
Pros: learned a lot everyday
Cons: closed down
I was a receptionist who answered busy phone lines. I learned about telephone communication worked with upper management with confidentiality of the company's policy and procedures. The hardeest part of my job was to see it close down. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching everyone get to work on time.
csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2012
Temporary job during Hurricane Rita. Great company would love to go back.
Good place to work for entry level workers
Billing Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2012
A typical day consisted of logging in to a system to see any new updates. Email staff and clients with weekly research and upcoming meetings. Generating new marketing campagins for small market advertisements. Management was very hands on and helpful. The hardest part of the job was being consistent in the beginning stages of generating leads for events. The most enjoyable part of the job is being elected to take on more major tasks once proven to manage minor ones.
do not work for this company
Vehicle/Heavy Equipment Appraiser Crawford and C (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2012
Cons: everthing
SOME OF THE WORST MANAGEMENT TEAM IN THE INSURANCE BUSINESS. YOU WILL BE CHEATED OUT OF PAY, OVERTIME, VACATION AND WILL TURN ON YOU IN A HEART BEAT TO SAVE THEIR OWN BUTTS.

May 23, 2012

I will not recommend this company to NO one....

July 18, 2012

9 month in PR Brach and i almost end on hospital by heart attack due the overpressure the manager put to the employes. Very hostile ambient, workplace harassment. work nights an weekends and only 5 day period of vacation these girls will get out you of your nervs.

Overall Crawford has been good to me but there is not much in career advancement.
IT Technican (Former Employee), AtlantaMarch 20, 2012
Pros: work from home, competative pay
Cons: very political, few promotions, no employee loyalty from mgmt, rif's
Overall Crawford has been good to me but there is not much career advancement. They tend to hire new employees rather than promote within. They profess to help you advance your career but if it is in a different IT "silo" it will not happen.
great work environment and good supervisors
Customer Service Claims Rep (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2012
Pros: supervisors were always there to assist you
Cons: everyday adjustments, frequent changes and new rules
Everyday was a challenge which I exceeded all expectations. Each day there was an added detail to old claims and updates for new claims. I always kept my notes out so I could assist claimants with new rules and changes on claims. The changes made the job exciting and also kept everyone up on their toes
Claims Adjuster
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Madison, WI.March 7, 2012
Crawford gave me the opportunities to advance my education, teaching the correct way to handle claims.
very interesting job and really enjoyed what I did
Claims Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2012
input various wc/liab claims some claims were interesting and other could be very distraught. But I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. We all worked as a team.
Long time employee with little management respect
Adjuster in Charge (Former Employee), Victorville, CAFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: good compensation
Cons: lack of honesty and job stability.
I worked for Crawford and Company for almost 17 years. I was promoted to Adjuster in Charge in Victorville, CA which is now closed. I was told that I was the second highest paid employee in the branch and was terminated because of low production.
A+
Floor manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaJanuary 11, 2012
Pros: great management, advancement!
Cons: not a lot of positions avail..
Excellent company to work for! Just finished a contracting assignment and i really felt a part of the team!
Great
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), 2200 NW 50th street Suite 200EDecember 8, 2011
Pros: people
Cons: people
Nice place to work. Great people and always plenty of work to be done. I loved to stay busy amd not have to much downtime

About Crawford & Company

Crawford & Company is an international insurance services firm providing claims adjustment and risk management services to insurers – Read more