Crawford Group (www.crawfordgroup.com) is seeking a New Sales / Business Development Manager. The New Sales / Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying, creating and managing new account business for Crawford Group. Primarily the Sales / Business Development Manager will be responsible for implementing annual account plan(s), for strategically positioning and selling Crawford Group services to meet individual account needs. As the Sales / Business Development Manager you will develop new account relationships, identify business opportunities, close revenue, create project specifications, interview, present and manage the consultant select ion process, and account manage the people and process to ensure assignment or project delivery, revenue and account penetration.
Crawford Group is a managed consulting services firm targeting organizations that are responsible for Communications, Events and Marketing Communications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing sales in designated target market(s) by identifying new sales opportunities with potential accounts in the Fortune 500-10,000 market segment, using methodologies such as: new lead generation, active prospecting, networking, and face-to-face or virtual appointments
- Develop and implement sales plans that provide clearly defined strategies, tactics and time frames to maximize revenue
- Partner with clients through strategic and consultative sales approach to understand their business priorities, needs and strategies to deliver a value-add business solution
- Proven ability to develop and account manage major accounts. Client references and documented major account results will be an important element in the selection process
- Utilize customer relationship management tools to provide detailed weekly forecast funnels of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements
- Continually learn and develop knowledge of new technologies and selling points including enhancing expertise in the company's services offerings
- 5+ years of strong experience and history of success selling into the high tech sector. Solid track-record of developing new client business with a marketing and communication services “product”. Demonstrated major account success in a direct sales role, with examples of the sales approach you employ and proof sources of client growth, client satisfaction and long term consultative client relationships.
- Deep expertise in selling services into marketing and communications organizations, bringing experience and credibility to Crawford Group’s presence and subject matter expertise to create peer-to-peer client meetings
- MUST have knowledge of the functions within a marketing organization and/or experience selling new business for consulting/services agencies
- Ability to create, manage, and deepen customer and consultant relationships through consistent connection and problem solving. Must have good relational soft skills and diplomacy for mentoring client and consultants.
- Results orientated with an entrepreneurial approach, tenacity and a persuasive communication style. A track record of progressive achievement and confidence gained from prior success in a new business and commission based sales role is a pre-requisite to success in this new client development assignment.
- Business savvy with broad business and management knowledge and experience. Management experience would be a plus as you will be working on a peer-to-peer level with senior executives. We are looking for a problem solver who responds creatively and resiliently to challenges.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. A solid familiarity with online business applications, CRM tools and the Microsoft Office Suite are minimum requirements.
- BS in Business or related field
Pay: D.O.E, w2 as a full time employee of Crawford Group
Hours/duration: Monday-Friday, standard business hours; full time employment. No Phone Calls, Please.
Location: Onsite daily at Crawford Group office in Campbell, CA
Crawford Group is a marketing and communications firm providing professional services to high technology Fortune 1000 companies. We work...