Crawford Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Excellent small town atmosphere, with a great staff!
Radiology Secretary (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARSeptember 7, 2015
I started at Crawford Memorial in the ER as an admissions clerk and while I loved that position, after 2 years I was eager to learn more about other departments. When a new Radiology supervisor was hired, he often would watch me work and offered me a position in his department as a secretary. I loved working in the ER, and I work well under stress so that was a good fit for me. But at Crawford, employees often wore many different hats in the course of a day, and I was no exception. On weekends, as an admissions clerk, I was in charge of handling weekend admissions to the hospital, through the business office.
These may be for patients who will be having surgery on Monday, or prescheduled admissions from other clinics or doctor's offices. (ER admissions were handled in the ER, not through the business office, as on weekends).
In Radiology, I was the sole secretary for most of the time, though they did eventually hire a part time night secretary after the first year that I was there as business was picking up a lot and tests needed to often be done at night.
I felt like I had the best manager in the hospital with my Radiology supervisor. He was very helpful and even helped me to rearrange the little cubicle that I had to work in, to make it more efficient and easier and more pleasing to the eyes of the patients as they came in.
The hardest part of the job for me, was that as the only secretary and several different areas of the department working all day, it was often very taxing to keep everything going on schedule. Breaks, even lunch, was rarely an afforded time off, but
  more... I loved this job and would sometimes just grab a bite to eat in the back of the department so I wouldn't get behind.
The most enjoyable part was being the person that everyone came to for answers. ha I loved being the secretary to so many different techs, radiologists, and scheduling everything that needed to be done.
Pros
Being treated with respect and leading in my field of expertise.
Cons
There were few breaks or time off, but it was nice when another secretary was hired, I had another person to discuss the days happenings with.
I was a CNA
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Robinson, ILFebruary 8, 2015
I really liked working for the hospital although I wish I would have been granted more hours and was overlooked for fulltime and an outside person was hired instead.
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Robinson, ILSeptember 23, 2014
My typical day at work consists of registering patients, answering phone. I learn about how medical testing and insurance. I love working with people. All of my co-workers are great people. The hardest part of my job is making sure I use the proper insurance codes. I enjoy learning more and more of the medical field each day. I would love to work at home learning and a my own pace.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
gas, dress clothes
Wonderful people to work with.
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Robinson, ILAugust 6, 2014
Although there were hectic times, everyone pulled together as a team and got the job done. Patients were happy before leaving. We were pretty much family and at the end of the day we left happy knowing we gave the very best patient care. The hardest part of the job was speed, very fast paced office. The most enjoyable part about this job was we always stayed busy with patient care and co workers were almost like family.
productive and fun place to work with!
CNA (Current Employee) –  Robinson, ILApril 24, 2013
I love the staff, coworkers, and the residents! Work just flies by!