Crazy 8 Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, but no time for social life.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 18, 2015
I have worked at crazy 8 for a little over six months. I love my fellow coworkers and have gained many friends from this job. However, I was hired in as part time. I am now getting over 40 hours a week, with no benefits. I'm also threatened of being fired if I ask for time off. Store Manager tends to blame everyone else but themselves. It is a work area that the management and corporate are never satisfied with you or how hard you work.
Pros
Good coworkers, easy to learn, good pay
Cons
Short breaks, management is poor, not flexible who live away from their families
Store Manager
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAMarch 7, 2016
* Monitor sales generation and protect the customer experience through survey analysis in location.
* Create strategies for and monitor management team retention and career pathing. Leads and directs management team in store operations.
* Complete business and payroll planning and controllable expenses in relation to sales trend. *Responsible for staffing, scheduling, to ensure schedules match the workload.
* Complete quarterly performance reviews with management reports.
Decent place to work if you're an associate
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 11, 2015
Management is told to fix prices regardless if current sales is happening.
The most enjoyable part about the job is being the leader on duty knowing the answers to help the associates and customers. Feeling confident in my ability to perform as Assistant Manager.
Hardest part of the job was being left without a Store Manager for several months without a promotion, pay raise, or any kind of assistance.
Pros
Quick Job advancement
Cons
District Manager left store with no Store Manager for several months
Fun and caring workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSMarch 8, 2016
A typical day at work consists of helping customers find children clothes, clean the store throughout the day, interact with children and customers. When the store is closed, closing duties are performed such as cleaning and closing registers. Management is very nice and understanding as well as coworkers. The hardest part of the job is telling a customer we do not have something in store and the most enjoyable part is working with customers.
Easy with the right people in higher management.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2016
While working for this is company is great, I think that there are some areas that could be worked on. There are some stores who have a great store manager who care about their team, then there are some who just want the paycheck. A typical day at work is coming in at 9 am, getting started on a box of replenishment that was delivered and helping our customers. The hardest part of the job, for me, is the management. If the management team can't get along or agree on something that throws the entire team off. The most enjoyable part of my job are my customers and their children and my co-workers. I love when my customers can come in and show us pictures of the outfit they bought for their children. I have learned that in order for a store to survive and to make their numbers for that month, you can't just work as one person, you have to work as a team and that all it takes it just one single person to ruin a team,even the best.
Pros
Helping the customers find the perfect outfits, helping children find their style, making life long friends, easy to move up in company
Cons
short breaks, management expects to much, always working weekend, no holidays off, no personal life
Horrible place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 29, 2016
Any typical day at work, same thing just different day. It's a okay starting job for someones who's just looking for a little extra income but if you're looking for a career, it's a place to start a serious career with. It could just be that I've had a bad experience working there but it could also be you too.

Management there was horrible and even though the hours are said to be flexible to fit your schedule, it's not flexible at all. You could submit an availability sheet and they will still schedule you to work hours that your not available to work and the nasty part is when you call the manager about your hours and said you submitted a form clearly stating that you're not available to work those hours, the manager usually says, "Oh, that's right. I forgot to check your availability, well, if you can't work those hours you must find someone to pick up your shift." Not really nice at all. Hated the management there.

On the other hand, your co-workers, your superior or manager assistant are super awesome but the rest of the other sales associate are super nasty. You will help pick up their shift with them clearly promising you that next time they will help pick up your shift but not at all true. They will never pick up your shift. NEVER. Very nasty co-workers.

The hardest part is over-looking the nasty management and there's really not much to enjoy besides servicing the wonderful customers that comes into the store.
Cons
Short breaks to no breaks, Bad management, Too little of a wage, Not so friendly co-workers and manager, Lies about being flexible with hours
Absolutely Enjoyable
Sales Asssociate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMarch 2, 2016
Crazy 8 was an absolutely wonderful place to work. I honestly enjoyed it. I worked as a part-time sales associate. My manager was always nice and willing to teach me new techniques on how to do certain tasks. The customers were always very polite and I absolutely loved seeing the children come in to the store as well.

Working at Crazy 8 was my first job working in a clothing store, I thought it would be difficult, but it turned out to be fun. I learn what merchandising truly meant and how to use the register to lace online orders for customers.
Pros
We were all a team
Cons
Sshort hours
weak management
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MASeptember 21, 2015
low compensation, weak manager. Customers were awesome. A typical day consisted of opening or closing the store and very involved customer service.
Very upbeat place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day at work involved greeting customers and making sure the store looked nice. our job as associates is to make the customers feel welcome and make sure they know of any promotions going on in the store. When they ask questions we help them find what it is they need and make them feel like they are wanted to shop there. As a sales associate we also try to make the day go by as smoothly as possible by making Crazy 8 a safe and fun place to work.
Constructive and fun work place
Sales Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaMay 19, 2016
Opening/ closing and register procedures. Greet and assist customers along with associates. Process shipment/ replenishment and new line.
Pros
Contests

Want to know more about Crazy 8?

Ask a question
good place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 26, 2015
good place to work if you like kids and retail, they gave you raises which was good. staff was a revolving door, store management seems to leave a lot.
Fun job to have especially if you love kids.
Lod (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 14, 2014
At a typical day at work we great every customer with awesome customer service, make sure all of the items are fully stocked on the sales floor, and make sure we maintain a clean and tidy store. I have been there for a year and I have learned how to merchandise, I use to do it at Rainbow but I have mastered it now. The more you do it the better you will become. The girls that I manage are easy to manage and they listen to everything I say I never have to ask them more then once. They know that I'm a really nice person but they do not try to take advantage of me. The hardest part of the job is dealing with shop lifters because you have no idea what kind of weapons they have on them. You have to be really careful when you confront one because they automatically get defensive. It can be a very scary situation because it's only so much that the mall cops can do. And the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the look on the customers face when you provide great customer service. Providing great customer service makes the customer tell their friends and want to come back and shop some more and that's our goal.
Pros
great customers and awesome co workers.
Cons
no room for advancement and no benefits.
n/a
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 27, 2016
not enough hours given,and lack of communication, very hard to get cusotmer to make big purchases because of the clothing prices
Pros
enjoy putting outfits together for customers
Cons
not enough hours given
Work Hard
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 1, 2015
Here at this company no matter how hard you work , still the management don't care. You can bring in family members and what they do is accuse your family of stealing, they don't want none of your family there. they do pay well but they make it hard to spend time with family, when you have funerals to tend to it could be somebody really close to you they do not care. They still want you there working sometimes from 9:30 am to 9:15 p.m
so if you are a single mom the pay is nice but the work ethic is so in fair.
Nice
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 7, 2015
Crazy 8 is a good place to work at nice customers, nice coworkers, nice management. Just needs a to be a bit bigger. Greet people as they come in, help them find what they need, and complete the transaction. I'd say the hardest part of the job for me is reaching the top hangers since I'm short although step ladders are provided.
Pros
nice cowokers
Cons
not enough hours
great place to work! gives you balance with work and family
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 3, 2016
great company to work for! just doesn't give enough payroll for training and to keep a full staff. not much opportunity to move up in the company
nice job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 6, 2016
Havent worked here in years, however, great for a beginner job. It helped to make it easier to transition into other sales jobs along the way.
management
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 16, 2015
I worked in management at crazy 8 for a few months and would like to exert my skills in another company where i can grow.The management and people i work with are awesome but i would like to be able to put my skills into a different company.
crazy 8
leader on duty (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 4, 2016
Working at crazy 8 everyone looks out for each other. Whenever you need days off they are giving to you. It has a very positive environment. Co workers treat you like family and have a lot of respect for each other
Small store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 16, 2015
The store I worked in was extremely small and only had a few employees so it was extremely difficult to get shifts covered. I was told that I was up for a promotion to a key holder but then was not given it and was unaware that they were even looking at other people. In the end i was getting about 2-6 hours a week and it was just not cutting it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crazy 8. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9