CRC Health Group Employee Reviews in United States

Management West Viginia
management (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaNovember 4, 2015
I am proud to work for this particular company. All companies have inefficiencies, however, this company is thoughtful and considerate when it comes to its employees.

I am in management, and I assure my team they are valuable and treat them with respect. That goes a very long way.

Good Company overall!
Pros
Excellent supervisor, cohesive talented team of counselors
Counselor/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 22, 2015
Belmont clinic was a great place to quickly advance counseling and case management skills set. The counseling team extremely knowledgable and competent. True definition of the word "team". Excellent clinical supervisor providing superior training without micromanagement to the motivated person with a strong work ethic. Rewarding and demanding work with perfect schedule. Has advanced my professional career ten fold.
Pros
Superior clinical supervisor and smart talented coworkers
Hard working co-workers.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 5, 2015
There was no security onsite. I worked with good co-workers but it lacked administration knowledge about programs. I complete urine drugs screens, individual counseling and group counseling.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Administartion, 30 minute lunches, and no secrity.
good place to gain experience
Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2015
I learned that the open door policy that management had was a good thing. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was like working with family
Pros
we
Employees really care about the work they do
Intake Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAMay 27, 2015
Typical day: Micromanaged daily, constantly changing policies with no training, no crisis intervention training
I learned: How to work in high stress and challenging environment. Multi-tasking, self monitor, self evaluate for self improvement.
Management: Untrustworthy
Co-workers: Hard working, truly care about the work they do
Hardest part: High volume, high pressure, ever changing policies, with no true respect or loyalty from management
Most enjoyable: Helping people
Pros
Hard working co-workers, truly rewarding to help people
Cons
Management has no integrity
poor supervisor
counselor (Former Employee) –  portland oregon,belmont clinicMay 18, 2015
I worked there for nine years paid went up $ 1.50 in those nine years supervisor in Portland Oregon are very unfair to staff they pick and choose which one's gets the best training the rest of the counselor are just there
Pros
n/a
Cons
portland oregon clinics have no respect for season counselors
Work In a Team Player Enviroment
Intake Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAApril 27, 2015
A typical day Is very Heavy Phones and Doing 10 things at once Dealing with People who are in crisis and in need of you to Be compassionate and taking the time to really listen to there Need and placing them in the right facility that will help them to Be successful in there sobriety . that is the Most enjoyable part of my Job Knowing that the client was a success in ptreatment and out and living sober . The hardest Part of My Job is the Crisis Calls when a client has Lost all hope and just has No fight left in them .
I am very good at my job, I am well liked and respected.
Licensing/Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 13, 2015
My day begins when I walk in the door. I am asked questions about the copy machine the air conditioner and item someone would like ordered or even what computer equipment we will have picked up to recycle. I am a muli-tasker in general, I have learned to prioritize my many tasks. I have a boss that can be very difficult to work with at times, though I do enjoy my job. The hardest part of my job is saying No. The most enjoyable part is the variety of task I am involved in.
hostile work enviornment
counselor (Former Employee) –  Allenwood, PAFebruary 16, 2015
The most I learned from my employment was from the client's themselves. Although the new director is making improvments, the clinical coordinator at Allenwood creates a hostile work environment. There are frequent threats to be written up but no staff are held accountable for their actions. The expectations of a day are unrealistic.. Few employees work as a team but it is an environment that requires that.
Pros
working with great clients
Cons
see above
stressful and extremely challenging place to work
Maintenance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 1, 2015
I was always putting out fires and it seems that we never had enough staff.
I enjoyed many of the concepts and the treatment models.
Pros
i have not found any
Cons
management sucks
toxic environment
Clinic Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2014
Incredible work load; high expectations with little to no training.
I learned how not to be as a manager.
I don't like being micromanaged.

The hardest par was walking away from my staff and the patients at the clinic.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having a small caseload and meeting with the patients for counseling sessions.
Pros
patient contact; professional relationships with the staff
Cons
being micromanaged; high expectatins with little to no training
Poor environment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaSeptember 14, 2014
This was a terrible place to work for. The upper management was only concerned about the money. They treated their staff terribly. The turnover rate was high due to unrealistic expectation. I would never recommend anyone work here. Salaries are low based on the work which is completed. Many leave the company for alternative environments with higher pay.
Pros
set hours
Would not apply here
Nursing (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 27, 2014
Management was a joke, the only thing they managed was to talk about everyone behind their backs and cut people off at the knees. They don't support staff decisions, create policy as they go, and quote policy that doesn't exist. If you stand up for yourself or any other staff member, you can pretty much kiss your job goodbye. It took 18 months to get my 90 day review and the raise was a joke. The only thing I learned working here was not to trust anyone!!! When it comes to the clients, they get the least amount of care and structure and pay through the nose for next to nothing. These clients are people who need structure and discipline, yet management pretty much lets the clients decide what and how they are going to do something. Clients disrespect staff, and management allows it to go on.
Pros
no longer working there
Cons
too many to list
overworked, short staff, no leadership
clincal supervisor (Former Employee) –  allenwoodAugust 2, 2014
Overworked staff, short staffed, more is required. No increase in pay. No direction from leadership.
Cons
underpaid, leadership is unhealthy
productive, fast pace envrionment
Externship (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 3, 2014
at my externship as an Medical assistant i would room patients, take there vitals perform any injections or blood draws. it was at a fast pace envrionment.
Pros
free starbucks
Worst Company I've ever worked for.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJune 30, 2014
This is not a good company to work for at all. The management for the most part is incompetent and they do not value their staff. Staff get in trouble for things not done right when the management have the exact same problems. There is no room for growth and there is a high turnover rate. Company policies and procedures are rarely followed. You cannot address your concerns without them threatening to discharge you, and if you ask for a raise you get fired. They have run off staff that have been there for years and for a company that claims they are patient oriented, do not care about their patients in this sense. The patients served need stability as that is detrimental to their recovery and they are not receiving this.
Hectic work environment/poor management
Intake Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAMay 28, 2014
Management is not that great, but overall work is good. You get the satisfaction of working and helping others in need of treatment.
Good place to works.
Drug and Alcohol Counselor Level II (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDApril 28, 2014
It's a good job, the pay is below average. Good company overall.
Friendly place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Cupertino CAMarch 25, 2014
Enjoyed working with CRC Health Group. I worked with a wonderful
Team that took pride in assisting one another regarding the company
vision which delivered world class customer service.
Pros
excellent teamwork and benefits
Cons
na
not a good idea
Regional Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  paFebruary 27, 2014
the management change direction on a dime. I was there a year and had three different bosses with three different agendas

2.6