CRC Health Group

CRC Health Group Employee Reviews

poor supervisor
counselor (Former Employee), portland oregon,belmont clinicMay 18, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: portland oregon clinics have no respect for season counselors
I worked there for nine years paid went up $ 1.50 in those nine years supervisor in Portland Oregon are very unfair to staff they pick and choose which one's gets the best training the rest of the counselor are just there
Work In a Team Player Enviroment
Intake Advisor (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAApril 27, 2015
A typical day Is very Heavy Phones and Doing 10 things at once Dealing with People who are in crisis and in need of you to Be compassionate and taking the time to really listen to there Need and placing them in the right facility that will help them to Be successful in there sobriety . that is the Most enjoyable part of my Job Knowing that the client was a success in ptreatment and out and living sober . The hardest Part of My Job is the Crisis Calls when a client has Lost all hope and just has No fight left in them .
I am very good at my job, I am well liked and respected.
Licensing/Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAApril 13, 2015
My day begins when I walk in the door. I am asked questions about the copy machine the air conditioner and item someone would like ordered or even what computer equipment we will have picked up to recycle. I am a muli-tasker in general, I have learned to prioritize my many tasks. I have a boss that can be very difficult to work with at times, though I do enjoy my job. The hardest part of my job is saying No. The most enjoyable part is the variety of task I am involved in.
hostile work enviornment
counselor (Former Employee), Allenwood, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: working with great clients
Cons: see above
The most I learned from my employment was from the client's themselves. Although the new director is making improvments, the clinical coordinator at Allenwood creates a hostile work environment. There are frequent threats to be written up but no staff are held accountable for their actions. The expectations of a day are unrealistic.. Few employees work as a team but it is an environment that requires that.
stressful and extremely challenging place to work
Maintenance Counselor (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: i have not found any
Cons: management sucks
I was always putting out fires and it seems that we never had enough staff.
I enjoyed many of the concepts and the treatment models.
toxic environment
Clinic Director (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2014
Pros: patient contact; professional relationships with the staff
Cons: being micromanaged; high expectatins with little to no training
Incredible work load; high expectations with little to no training.
I learned how not to be as a manager.
I don't like being micromanaged.

The hardest par was walking away from my staff and the patients at the clinic.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having a small caseload and meeting with the patients for counseling sessions.
Poor environment
Counselor (Former Employee), West VirginiaSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: set hours
This was a terrible place to work for. The upper management was only concerned about the money. They treated their staff terribly. The turnover rate was high due to unrealistic expectation. I would never recommend anyone work here. Salaries are low based on the work which is completed. Many leave the company for alternative environments with higher pay.
WOULD NOT APPLY HERE
Nursing (Former Employee), PAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: no longer working there
Cons: too many to list
Management was a joke, the only thing they managed was to talk about everyone behind their backs and cut people off at the knees. They don't support staff decisions, create policy as they go, and quote policy that doesn't exist. If you stand up for yourself or any other staff member, you can pretty much kiss your job goodbye. It took 18 months to get my 90 day review and the raise was a joke. The only thing I learned working here was not to trust anyone!!! When it comes to the clients, they get the least amount of care and structure and pay through the nose for next to nothing. These clients are people who need structure and discipline, yet management pretty much lets the clients decide what and how they are going to do something. Clients disrespect staff, and management allows it to go on.
overworked, short staff, no leadership
clincal supervisor (Former Employee), allenwoodAugust 2, 2014
Cons: underpaid, leadership is unhealthy
Overworked staff, short staffed, more is required. No increase in pay. No direction from leadership.
productive, fast pace envrionment
Externship (Former Employee), Renton, WAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free starbucks
at my externship as an Medical assistant i would room patients, take there vitals perform any injections or blood draws. it was at a fast pace envrionment.
Worst Company I've ever worked for.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVJune 30, 2014
This is not a good company to work for at all. The management for the most part is incompetent and they do not value their staff. Staff get in trouble for things not done right when the management have the exact same problems. There is no room for growth and there is a high turnover rate. Company policies and procedures are rarely followed. You cannot address your concerns without them threatening to discharge you, and if you ask for a raise you get fired. They have run off staff that have been there for years and for a company that claims they are patient oriented, do not care about their patients in this sense. The patients served need stability as that is detrimental to their recovery and they are not receiving this.
Hectic work environment/poor management
Intake Advisor (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAMay 28, 2014
Management is not that great, but overall work is good. You get the satisfaction of working and helping others in need of treatment.
Good place to works.
Drug and Alcohol Counselor Level II (Current Employee), Elkton, MDApril 28, 2014
It's a good job, the pay is below average. Good company overall.
Friendly place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Cupertino CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: excellent teamwork and benefits
Cons: na
Enjoyed working with CRC Health Group. I worked with a wonderful
Team that took pride in assisting one another regarding the company
vision which delivered world class customer service.
not a good idea
Regional Service Coordinator (Former Employee), paFebruary 27, 2014
the management change direction on a dime. I was there a year and had three different bosses with three different agendas
High turnover rate
Intake Advisor (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: benefits are almost immediately received after you start, pay is decent for individuals who have no college degree
Cons: high burn out, policies changing constantly, minimal training, micromanaging
I used to love working for CRC, until management changed. Once that happened, everything seemed to go downhill. We have a lot more pressure on us to not miss any calls and to get people into treatment. We get very minimal training and the training we do receive is normally an hour long, but requires, I feel, more than an hour. Then when protocol changes, which is constantly, we get it in an e-mail. No training is ever really done for new protocol so we all seem like chickens with our heads cut off..There is almost no room for growth and if you get promoted from an Intake Assistant to an Intake Advisor, it's a joke. We have people working here one week and getting promoted..mostly because a lot of people are quitting and they need people to fill those positions. Job security here is never a guarantee as some people have been let go after being here for more than a few years.
Semi-professional atmosphere. High volume work.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: fun celebrating the holidays
Cons: noisy, overcrowded, poor management, layoffs, salary cuts.
I worked in a cubicle answering phones, and working on the computer. Workload was very heavy.
Pennsylvania's worst Employer
Clinical Technician (Former Employee), Williamsburg PAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: health insurance was adequate but that's it as far as a "pro" goes
Cons: cheap lunches, dirty bathrooms, crooked management and supervisors. unethical behavior, insensitive to employees needs, hostile environment, termination for standing up for yourself. need i continue?
This place is the aabsolute worst employer. They treat you like your just a slave. Supervisors back stab, management doesn't care about you and everyone is expendable in there eyes. To get praise or any form of recognition from them is like finding water in the desert. They violate state and federal employment laws and get away with it. If you tell them you feel discrimated against in any way, they will fire you. Promotions are unlikely unless you go to there level of corruption and crooked team work. Absolute work employer ever. Williamsburg PA facility has a bigger turn over than McDonald's.
No long term view
Director of Intake (Current Employee), Cupertino, CADecember 9, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: management really doesn't have the first clue what is going on.
This company could be great if they would just pick a direction and follow it. They make decisions and minutes later decide that it failed.
The worst company you could possibly work for!
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 9, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: too many to even count
The counselor caseloads are way above the CARF standards and unrealistic for any counselor to be able to provide quality services to the patients. No salary increases and/or staff appreciation.

The hardest part of the job is lack of management support to the staff and overloaded caseloads. The only patients that get a higher level of care are persons with Medi-Cal because the company can make money from the State.

CRC is a company that I would never again work for!

CRC Health Group Salaries