CRC Health Group Employee Reviews

Worst place ever
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WADecember 23, 2017
Do not work here. This is a BAIN Capital owned company and it is all about the company making money. There is no concern for employees or for patients.
Cons
There are no pros
Nursing supervisor
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 27, 2017
If anything goes wrong at Clinic, they will fire the leadership team. It is very sad. The directors I worked with were very caring hard working, smart, and professional while being extremely kind and considerate of my position and needs. It's the mngmt from out of state that is horrible.
Pros
Nice office, autonomy
Cons
No breaks, screwed up system
Wonderful Opportunities
Quality Managment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 2, 2017
Great place for advancement. Management is wonderful. Lots of opportunities for growth in the company. Work life balance could be better. Everyday is different, constant change and exciting atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Benefits not great
Negative environment High turnover
Licensed Addictions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 15, 2017
This is a difficult company to work for with a high turn over rate. There are changes made daily in your work that you do as well as the expectations of the clients. Even the clients have a difficult time keeping up with this companies changes.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
High turnover no stability
highly dissapointed
lvn dispensing nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 9, 2017
The environment is unsafe and not controlled. The benefits are terrible, the company is not concerned about employees or their "patients". They are the worst of the worst. I truly encourage all seekers to look elsewhere. Will leave a terrible impact on your life or career.
Pros
you obtain a job
Cons
Doing the community an inservice
Great atmosphere to interact with clients
therapist assistant (Former Employee) –  Allenwood, PAMay 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time on the "mountain" working for White Deer Run. I felt that overall the method of tx was outdated and the staff was underpaid for the amount of knowledge and training involved. I did learn a great deal about interacting with people from all walks of life. The hardest part was either bedtime or wake up. Honestly I really appreciated the time spent working at WDR and felt like there was always something new to learn, for that I am thankful.
Pros
great location, interesting atmosphere
Cons
Chain of command, pay rate
Great clients and staff
Receptionist- Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAApril 25, 2017
CRC Health Group was a wonderful place to work with great clients. I really enjoyed assisting our clients and our staff each day. Running the front office was a positive learning experience.
Pros
Office closed at 3:30pm
Cons
Office opened seven days a week at 5am.
Horrible place
Chemical Dependency Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAApril 7, 2017
The worst place to work in the world. They are demanding of your time and the caseloads are way to high. The boss is a complete psycho and the clients suck.
Addiction Treatment
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Addiction is a chronic, progressive disease that affects more than 23 million Americans, yet only one in 10 will get the help they need. Education about the disease is the first step in opening a dialogue about addiction and getting treatment for yourself or someone close to you.

With substance abuse and addiction such widespread problems in the United States and around the world, one might assume that this question — “What is an addiction?” — would not be a difficult question for most adults to answer.
However, although addiction awareness continues to improve, many Americans find it difficult if not impossible to accurately answer the question, “What is an addiction?”
Positive culture and great place to work
Human Resources Coordinator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 20, 2017
CRC Health was a great company, a wonderful experience. Everybody had such a positive attitude and really enjoyed working a the company.
Unfortunately, my job ended because the division was closing, so my assignment ended.
Pros
Great location to shops, restaurants
Cons
Turnover of employees is extensive.
Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 4, 2015
Case management , data entry, billing, individual sessions. Tower Data system. I had a good relationship with clients and had a good understanding of working in harm reduction by the time I left.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Large caseload
Management West Viginia
management (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaNovember 4, 2015
I am proud to work for this particular company. All companies have inefficiencies, however, this company is thoughtful and considerate when it comes to its employees.

I am in management, and I assure my team they are valuable and treat them with respect. That goes a very long way.

Good Company overall!
Pros
Excellent supervisor, cohesive talented team of counselors
Counselor/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 22, 2015
Belmont clinic was a great place to quickly advance counseling and case management skills set. The counseling team extremely knowledgable and competent. True definition of the word "team". Excellent clinical supervisor providing superior training without micromanagement to the motivated person with a strong work ethic. Rewarding and demanding work with perfect schedule. Has advanced my professional career ten fold.
Pros
Superior clinical supervisor and smart talented coworkers
Hard working co-workers.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 5, 2015
There was no security onsite. I worked with good co-workers but it lacked administration knowledge about programs. I complete urine drugs screens, individual counseling and group counseling.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Administartion, 30 minute lunches, and no secrity.
good place to gain experience
Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2015
I learned that the open door policy that management had was a good thing. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was like working with family
Pros
we
Employees really care about the work they do
Intake Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAMay 27, 2015
Typical day: Micromanaged daily, constantly changing policies with no training, no crisis intervention training
I learned: How to work in high stress and challenging environment. Multi-tasking, self monitor, self evaluate for self improvement.
Management: Untrustworthy
Co-workers: Hard working, truly care about the work they do
Hardest part: High volume, high pressure, ever changing policies, with no true respect or loyalty from management
Most enjoyable: Helping people
Pros
Hard working co-workers, truly rewarding to help people
Cons
Management has no integrity
poor supervisor
counselor (Former Employee) –  portland oregon,belmont clinicMay 18, 2015
I worked there for nine years paid went up $ 1.50 in those nine years supervisor in Portland Oregon are very unfair to staff they pick and choose which one's gets the best training the rest of the counselor are just there
Pros
n/a
Cons
portland oregon clinics have no respect for season counselors
Work In a Team Player Enviroment
Intake Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAApril 27, 2015
A typical day Is very Heavy Phones and Doing 10 things at once Dealing with People who are in crisis and in need of you to Be compassionate and taking the time to really listen to there Need and placing them in the right facility that will help them to Be successful in there sobriety . that is the Most enjoyable part of my Job Knowing that the client was a success in ptreatment and out and living sober . The hardest Part of My Job is the Crisis Calls when a client has Lost all hope and just has No fight left in them .
I am very good at my job, I am well liked and respected.
Licensing/Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 13, 2015
My day begins when I walk in the door. I am asked questions about the copy machine the air conditioner and item someone would like ordered or even what computer equipment we will have picked up to recycle. I am a muli-tasker in general, I have learned to prioritize my many tasks. I have a boss that can be very difficult to work with at times, though I do enjoy my job. The hardest part of my job is saying No. The most enjoyable part is the variety of task I am involved in.
hostile work enviornment
counselor (Former Employee) –  Allenwood, PAFebruary 16, 2015
The most I learned from my employment was from the client's themselves. Although the new director is making improvments, the clinical coordinator at Allenwood creates a hostile work environment. There are frequent threats to be written up but no staff are held accountable for their actions. The expectations of a day are unrealistic.. Few employees work as a team but it is an environment that requires that.
Pros
working with great clients
Cons
see above