Creative Channel Services, LLC

Creative Channel Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Run and Run Fast
Market Sell Thru Manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLMarch 23, 2016
I was part of the LG Home Appliance expansion last year and lasted only six months. We had a national call on March 4 telling us everyones job is safe and LG is increasing their investment by 20% with CCS. A week later March 9th,... Termination letters went out. The company is going with part timers doing the same thing that Market Sell Thru Managers were doing but at a much lower rate. The people that got let go weren't even given consideration for a part time position in which they stated we would be. They are unorganized and you are micromanaged daily. I have worked directly for manufacturers an everyone has told me to stay away from the 3rd party vendors. I guess I should have listen. Don't expect any job security, culture and timely pay and bonuses. Run from this organization who just wasted six months with a pathetic company.
Pros
Taking home food to your family with your monthly expense budget
Cons
micromanaged, no set goals, unorganized, constantly challenging your gas mileage
Run
Market Sell Thru Manager (Former Employee) –  BirminghamSeptember 21, 2016
Very underhanded scumbag company. I loved my job. I was apart of the LG Home Appliance/Home Electronics Team. Only lasted 5 months. They had a bunch of BS meetings saying the program was going great and everyone was getting raises etc. The SVP of the company even got up and was saying how she thinks about all the reps in the field and pretended to cry. What a load of junk. When I get back, the next week they laid off 26 Market Sell Thru Managers. These reps had families. People busted their humps on this program including me. The conference call went like this, "Your jobs are being eliminated you will get a 2 week severance check, goodbye." Not so much as a thank you for us doing all the work we did. I hope LG and CCR both go belly up. I hope they starve to death. No loyalty. Scum. Karma will come for you.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Disorganized
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  NYMay 22, 2016
I was contacted through the Omni group for the LG appliances program. I was given 12 hours, 2 days on the weekend schedule. I have found, that it was very nice to chat with the locals, but when it comes to the management, that was another story. I would have to complete a daily report, after working a 6 hour shift and was told what a great job I was doing, but never saw or heard the percentage of sold appliances. I have dealt with a few different managers, over the course of 4 months, because of upper manangement always moving them around, which was frustrating. We wold have to attend an online weekly meeting as well.

This job is more geared for retirees or a house wife because the pay is very little and you're not reembursed for gas and mileage, but they do try to keep you within 30 minutes of your driving distance from your home. You will not receive a comminsion for every appliance sold, which would have been nice, if they were to allow that. I also had worked for them on another project, working only one hour, 2x a week, which wasn't even worth the drive to and from the store.

They make you go through hoops just to get hired, but once you're onboard, you may likely be disappointed. Some people have claimed not to be paid for their work, during the program and have threaten to quit and sue the Creative Channel Company..

.I'm glad to have learned some valuable experience, buti it's not worth the aggravation, since it's a temporary positon and no long term career opportunities or advancement.
Pros
Gaining experience
Cons
Pay, lack of communiation from upper management, hours
Great customer service/sales experience
Assisted Sales Representative, Canon (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 30, 2014
I would go to the local Best Buy store I was assigned to be a Sales Representative for Canon products. I would greet customers, provide them with the benefits and uses of Canon products, keep a stocked and organized display and handle customer transactions. I was the only Canon rep at the Best Buy store, but other reps and Best Buy employees were enjoyable to work with. The management held weekly conference calls to provide up-to-date information on new products and sale tactics. The hardest part of the job was honestly nothing. I really enjoyed all aspects of this particular job.
Pros
independent work
Cons
only 3 days per week
Sony Sales Representative for Digital Imaging (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Creative Channel Services is a great place to work. The company's culture is great. The provide excellent benefits. The only 'issue' or problem is a lot of the work they offer is based on contract work. So, you can be out of a job when the contract expires.
Growing Company
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2015
Being a growing company opportunities for advancement were limited as the growth was slowed by economic factors.

Having to win contracts each years does limit the job security
Assisted Selling Representative
Assisted Selling Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2015
• Complete and execute Canon/Vonage Assisted selling day visits per the guidelines as established by CCS and our retail partners
• Receive POP materials at home for distribution/implementation into retail stores
• Communicate effectively with store personnel and CCS Field Management
• Provide ongoing updates to the Regional Manager regarding compliance and performance to goal.
• Escalate challenges/push-back to Regional Manager immediately
Could be a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYOctober 6, 2014
This company is close to being a pretty good place to work but there's a disconnect between how they see themselves and what is actually effective with potential customers. They have great aspirations but they don't do enough bridgework work to span the gap between who they are today and what they want to become tomorrow.
Pros
lots of great people with above average work life balance
Cons
approach to change, expansion and innovation seems to be a ready-shoot-aim philosophy.
Nice part time gig
ASR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2012
Working for CCS is generally a positive thing. The most common position is a part-time representative working under the name of various other companies that hire CCS to promote their brands. Usually a shift is 4-8 hours on a weekend at a major retailer carrying the brand you represent. Once there you'll do demos, assist customers who are browsing for the type of product your brand makes, and train the everyday employees in the store about the benefits of your brand's products.

Managers are very hands off in these jobs out of necessity. Usually your "boss" will cover a huge area of the country. You'll generally stay in touch by phone, emails, and conference calls. You may also at times run into trainers who will want to talk to you. Management mainly just wants to make sure you are showing up and doing your best representing your brand. Day to day, doing this is going to be entirely up to you though.

The hardest part of the job is that it can be slow at times depending on who you represent. Most of the people who get fired from this kind of job simply wander off when it's slow, or don't show up at all, or are off sleeping somewhere. Usually the managers who work at the host stores will leave you alone, so long as you are on the floor. If not, a call is likely to get placed to someone and that'll be the end of you! Fight the boredom! Even if it gets slow, stick to your post. Take your scheduled breaks, talk with the store employees and get to be friends with them. Anything that keeps you there and helps past time. That's probably the hardest part of the job is passing that slow
  more... time. Remember as long as you are there when you are needed, you are doing your part. You're getting paid fairly well for not a very high demand usually too.

Don't expect full time hours or benefits. There's not really a defined path of advancement, and contracts can end abruptly (and restart just as abruptly). But generally you'll get to work with other people that aren't hard to get along with, and that can be fun.
Pros
good pay, easy assignments, semi-fun environments
Cons
part time only, temporary work
typical field rep position
Field Marketing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2015
Create your own hours, minimal micro managing, minimal advancement opportunities as you're a field rep not working directly for the client
Good company , nice people
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJune 18, 2014
I'd still be there if my position wasn't eliminated. I totally understand their move. It still sucked to be on the receiving end, but they handled it rather well, I have to admit.
I'd recommend working there.
Good culture, nice people.
Pros
free soda, snacks, good location
Cons
a few layoffs made it nerve wracking
Good place to hone my vendor skill set
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 6, 2015
My typical day at work consisted of going to big box electronic stores and educating the public on my product solution and why we had the best product for their needs.
Pros
Working in multiple stores
Cons
Seemed to have little chance for moving up
Great interaction using innovative training with potential customers.
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaMay 31, 2012
I loved being able to tell customers the pros on having a specific product and how they would be completely satisfied with their purchase. Having to compare the products with competitors was challenging but once educated on each product it became effortless.
As long as you have respect for your co-workers and vice-versa the job experience will have become a pleasure. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing the customers tell me "Thank you for taking the time to explain things to me. You have been a great help!"
Fun company
Indirect Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2014
Management was amazing.
Conference calls once a month.
Sales to get dealers for the product
Quotas and goals
Too bad the contract left
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I was very happy with how this company handled all of their employees. They were part of the omnicom group and did a great job at maintaining a life work balance.
It was ok
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2014
This job was cool. Although it had me back into the brand ambassador field the company wasn't very hands on with their employees just talk to everyone thru email and they weren't thorough on answering those. but it was ok
Fantastic seasonal work.
Assisted sales representative / Laptop specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2013
This company offers great pay for weekend work during the holiday. They give you all the information you need to succeed at what is asked of you.
Productive work place with Happy Hours and a ping pong table.
ColdFusion Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2012
Cultural changes have really made the company just another uninspired place to be. 'Fun' has been replaced with a focus on the bottom line.
Pros
bagel fridays, happy hour free beers
Cons
people hired based on resumes only.
The is just a seasonal position. August- January. I need full-time
Canon and Belkin Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 20, 2012
I love the company very much. This is my second Season. The team is awesome! I wish I lived near a bigger city so they could send me out on more projects!!!!
Pros
fun job
Cons
seasonal only
Awesome co-workers
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2012
I was there for 4 yrs. I love all my co-workers. CCS is a family environment. We all worked together and enjoy talking with one another
Pros
co-workers
Cons
laid off

2.6