Creative Circle Employee Reviews in United States

west of time and bunch of lies are they even real ?
Freelance Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2016
never even west your time for this. I dont even think if they are real ? basically this is what they do , they surf internet and copy and past other job opportunities from other companies plus they dont tell you the companies name to get a commission from the other companies.
Big time suck attempting to be hired for opportunities despite qualifications
Writer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2016
After multiple tries over a period of two years I received only one short assignment despite being qualified and sometimes over qualified for many opportunities. The applicant never gets contacted or returned emails from the Creative Circle agents.
Cons
No responses from CC agents
Better off trying to find jobs on your own
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 1, 2016
Moved to Tempe about a year ago not knowing many people so I thought I would give them a shot to help me find a full time position. I interviewed with them and they were so impressed with me that they offered me a job with them! Only I didn't want to be a recruiter. This says a lot about their recruiters that they offer me, a designer a position the day after I was in their rented office downtown trying to get to know them so they could help me land a DESIGN job in the city. Not only do they flood my inbox with emails about jobs I am not qualified for, or way way way overqualified for, they forget about me constantly and have to always send me email to one particular recruiter bc they always lose it. I have marked their emails as junk bc thats what it really is. I will try the old fashioned way by getting out there and marketing myself bc they obviously just look at me like a number in their database.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
No job interviews, which is the whole point of this, right?
Decent enough once you pay your dues
Freelance writer/editor (Current Employee) –  New York NYOctober 21, 2015
It's difficult to start getting booked, but once you have an agency or two that likes you and starts requesting you specifically, work becomes much more regular. (I'm speaking of editing/copywriting here; I can't speak of the graphics side). And while the hourly pay isn't superb, it's on par with what I'd be paid as a FT employee in my field.
Pros
Flexibility to work remotely with established clients
Cons
Agencies who book me can be super flaky
I love Creative Circle
Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2015
I know a lot of people who have said "Creative Circle never found work for me", but that's not the case for me. They've found me at least six jobs/projects. A few were several days, two lasted for over a year, and my most recent was contract to full time, which I just left because I wasn't happy with my job (NOT CC's FAULT). I love all of the girls there and I don't just apply to jobs, but they call me about positions that seem like they'd be a good fit. I Just hope that they can help me find my next job very soon! I did find out that they were taking 1/3 of what the client was paying for me at one of my contract positions which is kind of a bummer, but then you have to think about the fact that they worked to find a job and they need to make money too! Oh and they sent me a box of the most delicious brownies in the world when I transitioned to my full time job as a congratulations.
Pros
Fantastic, hard working recruiters, have found me multiple freelance/contract/full-time gigs
Cons
Nothing really!
Creative Circle worked for me
Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Photographer (Current Employee) –  Web DesignerOctober 14, 2015
They do send out a lot of emails but at least they are sending you potential employers who need people like me. It did take them a while to get me into a company but they did and I'm really happy here. I will definitely use them again if I would like more opportunities in the future.
Pros
I am now working and making decent money
Cons
it took a while.
good place
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Its ok to work here but some people that do less work get paid more than others. Totally unfair. I would recommend others to work here, you just need to be aggressive with pay desired
Pros
amenities
Cons
poor managment
oversell the opportunities
marketing (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 15, 2015
this place is a joke. they oversell the positions and opportunities, they not follow up, they mess up on the pay rate. I was told a higher rate then once signed up i was told they submitted for a lower rate to the client.
Sr. Graphic Designer
Sr. Art Director - Sr. Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  South FloridaAugust 11, 2015
Temporary Placements, Creative Circle is a recruitment company that offers temporary or permanent placements for the industry I am in. I have only had one placement so far, but that one was very nice. It matched my experience perfectly, and I fit in from day one. The pay was good. It is nice that CC takes out taxes, and your paycheck is received quickly.
Pros
So far, so good.
Cons
Would like more feedback when I am interested in a position. They receive a lot of emails I assume, but would like to know that MINE was received, and had their personal attention.
Creative Recruitment Agency
print production (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2015
Good Staffing placement, even if it takes awhile. There are a number of recruiters and jobs for placement. Their offers for pay are slightly lower than other recruiters but, they get the work.
How are they even legal??
graphic designer (Former Employee) –  miamiJuly 18, 2015
Unless you are very junior and know no one where you live, avoid working with them! They take about half your pay - that's right - they charge the client nearly double what they pay you and they do this for as long as you work for them. Like indentured servitude!!! Isn't that illegal??

If the client really likes you and wants to hire you full time - and eliminate this middle man nonsense - they have to pay an enormous fee. And there are also parameters for even getting out of their clutches at all. Very frustrating.

Avoid avoid avoid!!!! And hello? No benefits. No vacation pay. Even after a year. Ridiculous. You are better off freelancing!!!!
Pros
if you're flat broke and this is your only option
Cons
you feel like you're being stolen from every hour of every day
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2015
I worked as a contractor for Creative Circle for a little more than 9 months. My current placement is at AAFES. I have found it to be a very good place to work.
Do they really exist?
None (Former Employee) –  BostonJuly 16, 2015
Creative Circle folks were nowhere to be found. No response to e-mails or phone calls. And more than once, THEY e-mailed ME to tell me they wanted me for an assignment but when I replied … nothing.

Epic fail. How they're still in business is beyond me.
Pros
Cons
Tons of emails and no responses!
A mirage
Freelance talent (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesSeptember 8, 2015
Sign up with these pimps and brace yourself for a barrage of worthless emails. They don't give a flyer about you. It doesn't matter to them if you're qualified, or interested, or available.
One Year-Three Interviews
Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2015
Sadly, like most of the other reviewers I have been completely underwhelmed with Creative Circle.

The employees have been nice enough in the two cities I've been represented in, but they truly don't understand the responsibilities of a designer. I routinely get emails for positions I am under qualified for which is frustrating.

If you're looking for work CC might be one component of a multi channel approach-but don't count on getting a gig.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
lack of constructive feedback
Waste of time!!!
Designer (Former Employee) –  new yorkJune 12, 2015
This agency is a waste of time and the success rate of finding a job is very minimal. Not to mention their pay rate is horrible!!
You might be better off looking on your own than wasting your time with this company.
Cons
The Creative Circle team is very energetic!
Account Executive, Presentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2015
While employed as a contract employee with Creative Circle, I found their team to be pretty flexibility in assigning employees jobs that truly fit their professional experience. Also, everyone in the office; was very enthusiastic and always willing to go the extra mile.
Temp. Payroll & Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2015
it didn't work for me. Sadly.

Great people, just the system and the way things are done need to be changed.

Manual checks will be the nightmare every Friday.
Terrible
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
I've got 25+ years of experience, and have applied for work/jobs via Creative Circle for years.NOTHING. Who are the hacks they are getting to work for $10 an hour, also? Some of the most horrifyingly low wages I've ever seen.

When I was on the other side, hiring freelance talent, my rep was useless. Always sending wordy, annoying emails short on actual content/information and long on personal details about her life that no one cares about.

How are they still in business! I've never seen so many bad (and accurate!) reviews.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Hard to get assignments.
Freelance assignments (Current Employee) –  Chicago IllinoisJune 9, 2015
The agents were very accomadating at the start. But everything works through emails. There is so many entrles that I can never get a responce.

2.3