Creative Circle Employee Reviews

Great Recruiters!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2017
Very personable and helpful recruiters that are interested in your job placement. They also have a great signup process, convenient automated systems for employee services.
Pros
Great assignment durations
Cons
Recruiters take too long to get back to you
Only sub-standard rates and treated like a number!!!
Senior Creative, art direction... (Former Employee) –  Not once did I get a chance to work.March 13, 2017
I tried for 2 years!!! Never got a single placement!!!! When I compiamed about it I got black balled across the country!!!!!

Out for nothing but greed and money!!!!! Stay away!!!!!!
Pros
They blanket the market for jobs
Cons
Bad rates, greed, disrespect, and completely unprofessional!!!
Got full-time placement
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2017
I've talked to workbridge, randstad, robert half, and some other placement agencies and they all pretty much work the same way. In fact, I can't really tell what's different about them. Even the way they interview you is the same. You meet with 3-4 of their team so they can each get a cursory understanding of what you do. Then it's just weeks of throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks.
One thing I did notice though is that they send you lots of temp gigs, more so than employment opportunities. Maybe the temp to hire conversion pays better commission? In general, it's kind of up to chance whether the jobs they have in cycle matches your resume. It happened to work in my case and I got a full-time job at a salary I was satisfied with. I was getting 2-3 emails and calls a month from CC while the other placement agencies have been dead silent for months.
- web development
- entry/jr level
Pros
2-3 Relevant gig/job notifications a month.
Cons
Most of them were irrelevant or fell through before I even get an interview

Comment – March 3, 2017

OP: About a month in CC sent me a box of brownies to share with my co-workers. Nice touch. Job is working out great so far.

waste of time
talent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 2, 2017
They have no idea how to sell a freelancer. How to price or charge for illustration. Usage rights or anything. Try to call and talk to your rep. Forget it, you can`t get past the guy who answers the phone. I don`t think companies use them for anything. They always tell me the job was cancelled.
Pros
Cons
pretty much everything
Fail to Comprehend Their Clients' Needs
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 17, 2017
This last case was amazing.
They claimed and advertised that their client needed a content writer and 80 percent of the duties would be to write content.

After a telephone interview, the hiring manager wanted someone to package, e-market, and spam pre-written content.

TGC and their client were not on the same page, at all.
Two weeks later, I see TGC still has the same job description of a Web Content Writer. The job was a Internet Marketing Director, but really, (after speaking with the Hiring Manager) it was for a entry-level content marketer to simply use tools to blast out marketing stuff.
Pros
Great image and first impression. Jobs emailed to you.
Cons
Great first impression crumbles. No critical thinking. Account execs seem amature
Freelance Projects
Production Artist / Designer (Current Employee) –  Denver County, COJanuary 16, 2017
Reps are loyal, smart, kind and great to work with! Once you've done a few projects through them and have preformed well they will work hard to get you in for the next opportunity.
Pros
Great communication.
Cons
Some projects don't last as long as indicated. Not their fault.
Lots of emails, nothing else
Client (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 15, 2017
They do a great job of sending you jobs and keeping you updated on all openings...but, that's ALL they do! There's absolutely no human interaction. You send in your resume and get an automatic reply that never changes. It seems like they hoard all these resumes and never get you hired. A complete waste of time and energy. Do yourself a flavor and unsubscribe from all their alerts.
Went in for introduction/consult, never heard back again
designer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 11, 2017
This is a big waste of time, and they never set you up with anything. I never so much as had an interview with one of their clients. Do they even staff anyone?
Cons
everything
Not for real
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2017
They make you sign all this paperwork so they own you and can collect a comission if you get a permanent job...problem is all their jobs are fake..so dont sign anything with them
Pros
Cons
False pretenses
Creative Circle is an enormous waste of time
Frequent Applicant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2017
During an eight-month period, I must have answered 50 different job opportunities sent to me by Creative Circle. I never heard a word back on 99.99% of them. I got one interview, which was on a scorching summer day in Phoenix. The interviewer decided about half way through the interview that his company would be able to save money be not hiring me full time but just on an occasional basis. "How would that work for you?" he asked.

Working with Creative Circle was just an ENORMOUS waste of time. That job interview that I described above was some kind of brokered deal with another recruiting firm. It was very confusing trying to understand who was in charge. Recruiting seems to be a very sketchy business.
Pros
None.
Cons
Enormous waste of time. Endless, supposed job opportunities that only produce silence.
The Worst Creative Staffing Agency
Motion Graphics Artist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 23, 2016
In a sea of greedy monsters, it's hard to find an honest staffing agency and Creative Circle is definitely not one of them.

They will pay you only 1/3 of what your role actually earns from the employer. They will give you no communication about that money nor will there be much of a relationship with them when you correspond on phone or email.

AVOID this company and most creative staffing agencies AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE until they GO OUT OF BUSINESS!

Stick together and keep going to online job boards for jobs, not these vampires.
Pros
Cons
Terrible pay, poor communication
Terrible company
Art Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 20, 2016
I have been dealing with this company for a year and a half and they have not helped me land a job. They send me emails with good job leads and I respond in less than 5 minutes and never hear from them again. When I call them, I always get voicemail and never get a return call. When I contact them via email, same thing. I never hear back from them. I honestly don't know how they make any money or stay in business.
Pros
They email you leads
Cons
they don't follow up with you or work with you to get you a job
not effective in Portland
Designer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 11, 2016
I've worked with Creative Circle in different cities and Portland has been the least effective office, is incredibly slow and the communication is horrible. They don't follow up with you or the employer and the clients are not as solid either. There are not many leads as the other offices... I tried other recruiter companies and is more effective. I think they are still in diapers and needs to learn from the other offices they have.
Pros
you receive the leads
Cons
slow, not effective and service sucks
Dreadful rip-off scheme stay away
Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2016
As many others have said here: this company doesn't deserve to be in business. Every freelancer is just a number to them and they will try to push your hourly rate down to a pittance of what you deserve and the value of your work you provide on a job, this way they can mark up your pay 200-300% and that's what the game is about. If you value yourself and have some self-respect stay away and let them go out of business. There are plenty of decent agencies around who will treat you well.
Pros
Not much at all
Cons
You will be treated with disrespect and paid a pittance
Bottom of market rates huge hacks
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2016
They are the worst of the worst as far as creative recruiters. They know next to nothing about the industry and suck a huge amount of the talents salary by charging below market placements. They have negatively impacted the business by expecting all creative talent to reduce their market rate and salaries.

This is not the way to do business and if you are a creative do not support their industry destroying practices.

They are taking a huge cut of your paycheck.
Pros
Non
Cons
Lower than any other recruiter job salaries and rates. Take talents money.
CC does not vet customers.
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 25, 2016
CC dies not adequately vet the clients, managers or company viability. CC is simply a job vending machine with fake product photos. You can do better.
Great start for freelance
Motion Graphics Designer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2016
The staff is awesome at fining leads and great work. Great way to start off from freelance to permanent positions. Its also a great method to build and develop a portfolio.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
job security
A complete waste
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2016
Seems like a complete waste of time dealing with these people. Maybe they don't have any clients, all I know is they have never offered me one gig, not temporary, not anything
No Integrity, No Communcation, No Work, No Nothing.
Retoucher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2016
Great start with phone conversation. Yes, we have plenty of work for you! Then they asked me to fill out all the forms on the website and I had to write a 1500 word report about myself.
What the Gell is that?

They really do nothing for you if your over a certain age.
Once they found out that I have 15 years in the industry
which my resume reflects, I've never heard from them again.

It mucks donkey malls that little kids whom work here have your future in their hands and whom don't even know the industry.

Save yourself time and frustration and do the old
"Miracle Mile Walk". Plan out all the companies that are in your industry that you would like to work for, Grab your MALLS, and start going door to door and drop off your resume. It's easy, FUN and one could find out a lot about ones SELF while doing it.

I just did it and got a Job in 2 days.!
Gotta LOVE NYC BABY..!
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Kind of sad, really.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Uptown, DallasOctober 4, 2016
They must have the same people who post their jobs on craigslist be providing the 5 star reviews as well... As others have said, they are not at all with it. The people who work there must change out pretty often, do not contact the talent even when they have applied for jobs, and seem to not even know anything about industry standards. Saw one 3D job post that said "must be able to provide .STF files (instead of .STL) and be able to upload to an FTP" ! ... totally clueless. EMPLOYERS: try an agency that knows what they are doing and has a solid reputation. They may cost you more, but there are some around if you look harder. True professionals will be working for those agencies not the B team. So unless you want brand noobs or random picks from online ads, going elsewhere is your best bet to getting some quality talent and real results. Lastly, they are (in most cases) paying the talent half of what they bill you, if they even manage to find someone qualified by the date you wanted.
Pros
they have nice website and offices?
Cons
focused only on closing deals with companies, talent falls along the wayside

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Creative Circle. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2