Creative Circle Employee Reviews

Pay is way below the industry standard for New York City
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Pay is way below the industry standard for New York City could because of the cut that CC takes on the top. The agents are nice and get back to you when they say they will. Agents have asked me technical advice. That is fine.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Drives down pay rate for all workers.
Freelance Work
FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER/PRODUCTION ARTIST (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 20, 2017
I love working temporary freelance projects. The recruiters are supportive, but I haven't been assigned to very many projects. I find that it's been difficult to be selected for an assignment.
Fun workplace
GRAPHIC & WEB DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2017
A typical day at work is about 18k in sales. These sales will range from all sorts of printing material to graphic design and also web design.
I have learned so much in this position, alot of information you will learn on the way. having this job while attending school would have helped tremendously.
the workplace culture is great and easy going
The hardest part of the job: there really isn a hard part just as long as you practice time management.
The most enjoyable part of this job is learning different styles and techniques to improve my design skill. and also meeting new people.
Productive and Competitive environment.
Freelance Production Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2017
Creative Circle is a specialized staffing agency that connects innovative advertising, marketing, creative, digital, and interactive professionals with companies seeking talent on a full-time or freelance basis.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Competitive
Great if you are freelancer
FREELANCE VIDEO PRODUCER (Current Employee) –  SF, CADecember 5, 2017
Not a permanent job, getting jobs is very competitive and payment is not as high as other similar jobs.
Would recommend to someone who has part-time employment or has a solid client base. Not to be dependent on contract jobs from CC.
CC managers are great though, they work hard to get you the right clients and are always available for questions.
Pros
Good managers, variety of jobs.
Cons
Not stable income, very competitive.
Very stressful place to work
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEDecember 1, 2017
Management was really poor and pay was poor. Workers always complain and make jokes while working. Sometimes they make you stay late maybe 2 hours more.
Contractor - not an employee of CC
Contractor-Mktg Dir (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2017
Creative Circle is a placement agency that is not really better or worse than other placement agencies I've worked with. They pay weekly as long as the site manager submits authorization on time. Benefits are typical for an agency, which is to say, nothing to get excited about. I like the people I've worked with there. Advancement and job culture answers relate more to my assignment.
Pros
pays weekly
Cons
minimal communication, mediocre benefits
Just OK
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 20, 2017
Just OK. They really don't follow up that often. Once you have a job with one of their clients they sort of forget about you. Certainly better than being unemployed.
Extremely high pressure atmosphere
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2017
Poor management by Regional Director, micromanaged. Never rewarded, always told to sell more. Whatever your sales were they were never good enough, not even for the Rookie of the Year. Long hours were required. Working from 8:30 am to 8 pm once a week was mandatory.

The worst part of the job was working with about 15 people in a very small room with no dividers.

The best part of the job was building and maintaining relationships with clients.

I learned how to interface with VPs and hiring managers.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
Working extremely long hours and required to go to networking events after a full day of work
Friendly & Determined Career Services Agency
Marketing Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 19, 2017
I have been on two successful and challenging contractor assignments while with Creative Circle. The recruitment representatives are kind, helpful and determined. Their daily emails offer newly available opportunities are great!
Good place to work, when they can find you work.
Graphic Designer/Illustrator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 12, 2017
Some account managers are more professional than others. The hardest part of working for them is the wait between jobs. The benefits are good and they pay on a weekly schedule.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Not much work to do
Deeply unprofessional, not worth your time
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 11, 2017
In the course of the past three months, I've worked with three separate Creative Circle recruiters on three separate Copywriter roles. Here's how they played out:

1) Recruiter 1 failed to call me at the time she'd scheduled, instead sending me an email 5 minutes after the time she'd scheduled asking if our call could be moved to tomorrow. The next day, she again didn't show up, and sent another email asking once again to reschedule. I refused as I have other things to do with my life.

2) Recruiter 2 also missed the first phone call she arranged with me. We rescheduled and she did make the second one. The phone call went well, I was told that I'd be coming in for an interview with the client and that all the details would be emailed to me after the call. That email never arrived and I never heard back from the recruiter.

3) Recruiter 3 contacted me out of the blue with a job offer that doesn't seem to exist. He put me in contact with a company, I showed up for an interview, and they had no idea who I was or why I was there.

All in all, Creative Circle is a disaster. Stay away from these idiots.
Pros
They don't seem like Trump supporters? That's all I've got.
Cons
Everything. They will not find you a job, and most likely won't even show up for the interview. Avoid CC at all costs.
Excellent
Contract Copy Editor, Proofreader (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2017
I'm still with Creative Circle as they are placement agency for editorial staff. All of them are excellent. Five stars in every category. I highly recommend them.

They place you into temporary, contract, onsite, or offsite jobs, such as proofreading, or copy editing.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
I got a full time job thanks to Creative Circle!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2017
I moved to Dallas and I had no connections to get a job in my area. Thanks to Creative Circle I was able to. I have had a great experience and I have learned a lot of new tools. Over my period of time with the company, I have learned to manage projects and timelines. The workplace culture was not really what I expected, but it has been alright nonetheless.
Pros
Great benefits
Highly Transparent and Competitive workplace with great exposure to Creative, Marketing, Advertising, and Interactive.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2017
Fast-paced and competitive culture. Grew in ability to effectively manage high volume book of business. Great exposure and opportunity to build relationships in the Creative, Marketing, Advertising, and Interactive industries. Management is transparent and the workplace culture is very competitive. Managing work-life balance can be challenging to do in the staffing industry in general; however, building relationships with top-tier talent and hiring managers makes it worth it.
Waste of time! Stay away!
Graphic designer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore and ClearwaterAugust 7, 2017
Never placed me in anything... Waste of time. I don't know how they're on business? Cattle call, I guess. Unresponsive agents. High turnover. Wtf? Just use job boards. These people are horrible!
Cons
Creative Circle is wonderful.
Copywriter/Editor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 3, 2017
Creative Circle is great. They thoroughly vet contractors, and they take the time to match clients with the right employees. The atmosphere is positive and fast-paced, and as a contractor, I find all of the recruiters are well-informed, kind, and easy to work with. I highly recommend them!
Job Security
Freelance Designer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2017
You can fill out countless applications for jobs your qualified for and never receive a response. Do not communicate with their talent about opportunities available after the initial email sent out.
Tough to get placed... but once you do, you'll get more assignments.
Graphic Designer | Product Photography (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 14, 2017
I was registered for years before I was placed into a position through Creative Circle. Since getting that first position, I have had two more.
Everything is handled online and the assignments match your skill level.
Communication is great between your hiring counselor and all their employees.
Pros
lots of assignments available.
Cons
lots of competition to get the assignments.
Great opportunities, If you can get in on one.
Contract Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2017
It's a cut throat world out there when it comes to contract work. Many people who have establish strong relationships with the agents seem to get the first call. So Be on that list!
Pros
The clients they scout for are good
Cons
No guaranteed interview or consistent work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Creative Circle. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4