Creative Circle

Creative Circle Employee Reviews

One Year-Three Interviews
Designer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: lack of constructive feedback
Sadly, like most of the other reviewers I have been completely underwhelmed with Creative Circle.

The employees have been nice enough in the two cities I've been represented in, but they truly don't understand the responsibilities of a designer. I routinely get emails for positions I am under qualified for which is frustrating.

If you're looking for work CC might be one component of a multi channel approach-but don't count on getting a gig.
Creative Circle is amazing
Creative Art Director / Designer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible, quick to call with right position
Cons: Some contracts are short term
I relocated from DFW to Chicagoland about five years ago and Creative Circle has always been my go to company for freelance and full time. Not only have they placed me in great paying contract positions as a designer, they have also sucessfully found me two full time positions in my field with remarkable companies, handling the negotiating process for me and gaining me the salary I requested.

I cannot say enough good things for the women who recruit the Chicago area and subburbs. They always answered all my questions, helped me navigate which contract to choose and represented me very well.

I must say this: being a designer is tough in a saturated marketplace. If you have a strong book and the right set of skills, they will call you and place you. And these days, using a recruiter betters your chances at job placement. Yes, they get a percentage from you, but it's well-deserved for all the legwork they do to place good, qualified workers.

I see there are a lot of bad reviews out there, but my experience has always been really wonderful with CC. I worked onsite, from my home office, teamed with a writer, and now in a full time position with a company that had everything I was looking for.

Thank you Caitlin, Hope and Amy for being simply awesome and professional to me over the years.
Worthless waste of time
N/A (Former Employee), N/AApril 23, 2015
I wish I could review an assignment Creative Circle gave me, but we never got that far. We did meet in person to discuss opportunities and they said I was well-suited for some of their clients. But when the actual jobs became available, the Creative Circle folks were nowhere to be found. No response to e-mails or phone calls. And more than once, THEY e-mailed ME to tell me they wanted me for an assignment but when I replied … nothing.

Epic fail. How they're still in business is beyond me.
The Creative Circle team is very energetic!
Account Executive, Presentation Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 2, 2015
While employed as a contract employee with Creative Circle, I found their team to be pretty flexibility in assigning employees jobs that truly fit their professional experience. Also, everyone in the office; was very enthusiastic and always willing to go the extra mile.
Awesome place to work!
Graphic & Web Designer (Former Employee), Tinton Falls, NJMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great connections, you can work from home, great pay
Cons: be prepared to travel to the company's home offices
They connected me with a lot of high end companies such as Mercedes Benz, Party City & others. They work with major corporations to find designers based on the company's needs, since every designer has a different set of skills.

I would definitely recommend working with them. My boss also mentored me. He gave me pointers to fix my resume and pointers on what I should put on my portfolio. Beautiful office. They have a gorgeous fountain. Nice staff. Very professional. I was definitely impressed upon my first visit.

You can work from home. Though most companies want you to meet with them at their home office at some point, so be prepared to travel. Decent pay. It varies, though I personally made between 30-40 per hour. Most of the work is temporary. 1-6 months. But you might find a permanent job somewhere! If you're a freelancer and need to find a steady work flow, you should apply.
It works
Production Coordinator & Creative Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good networking
Cons: too few offers
Even though they bring just a couple of opportunities in a 2 years spam, when it works it does it just fine. They would connect you to good companies and great people.
TERRIBLE
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I've got 25+ years of experience, and have applied for work/jobs via Creative Circle for years.NOTHING. Who are the hacks they are getting to work for $10 an hour, also? Some of the most horrifyingly low wages I've ever seen.

When I was on the other side, hiring freelance talent, my rep was useless. Always sending wordy, annoying emails short on actual content/information and long on personal details about her life that no one cares about.

How are they still in business! I've never seen so many bad (and accurate!) reviews.
Too Bad I Can't Give Zero Stars
Contractor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: no jobs. no benefits. low wages.
Do not. I repeat, do not waste your time with this staffing company. They will never call you or consider you for a job. They are totally nonsensical. They have a database of thousands of qualified applicants yet they waste time and take opportunities away from their existing pool of people and post their new jobs publicly which makes interviewing with them and getting in their database totally worthless. The other problem with this worthless company is that they offer zero benefits to contractors and the pay they negotiate is awful. It's always 25% or more below market value. Way to shoot for the bottom of the barrel. Words cannot express enough how much I hate this company.
There business model doesn't work
Designer (Former Employee), AtlantaJanuary 6, 2015
Cons: don't waste your time interviewing
Why have a data base of designers that you have already interview and then post jobs out there for anyone to respond to, like on Craigs List? Why would you waste time interviewing designers that are more than qualified for most of the positions they offer, but them in their data base but not call them directly when they get an assignment. This is not quality and is a waste of time. They have no respect for what they are selling which is talent talent that they interview and that are already in their database. They need to rethink their business model. In applying for jobs over the past year at CC I have been asked to do one small 5 hour assignment. I have 15 plus years in the industry.
TERRIBLE SERVICE!!! ZERO STARS!!!
Client (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 30, 2014
Pros: none!!!
Cons: just about everything!!!
I've been registered with this agency for OVER 7 MONTHS -- and I have not been sent on a single interview in that time!!! I have to keep calling back the agent every week to check in and they act irritated when its their job to find work for me! When I DO find a suitable job on their site, the agent I was assigned to shoots me down, claiming the job is not a 'close enough match' (If something is a "80%" match, I asked her to give it a shot -- what job is going to be a "100%" match???) It seems like their only job is to collect resumes so it seems like they are actually placing people!!!
Average Freelance Company
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 11, 2014
Pros: freelance jobs allow for a change of scenery every now and again
Cons: no job security
Creative Circle is not a bad company. There well known and provide good jobs. Unfortunately Ive only been provided with one job in the last year and the company they provided for me with, left on the last project I was working with them on.
Productive & Fun place to work
Receptionist/ Project Manager (Temporary) (Former Employee), San FranciscoNovember 7, 2014
great team learning incorporated in the office. Management was very hands on and commutation was a huge factor
Doesn't understand the "creative industry."
client (Current Employee), HoustonOctober 2, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: doesn't understand the "creative industry."
Great representation in Dallas. What happened to Houston? They sent me on several interviews for jobs not matching my skill set or background. Both myself nor client had been preped. What a waste.
Told Me I Was Going to A Client
Presentation Specialist (Former Employee), New JerseySeptember 20, 2014
Cons: communication and lying about so-called "confirmed" assignments.
I was called for a PowerPoint on-site assignment. They emailed paper work for me to fill out and email back to them (identification, I-9 form). I was told the client selected me to work on the PowerPoint deck. I was getting calls from other agencies and had to turn them down because I was already booked. I decided to call CC to confirm the assignment was "a go". She responded, "I need to call the client and will let you know in about an hour". I replied "I thought this was already confirmed?". She said she will call back in 1 hour. After 2 hours I did not hear back and decided not to ever work with them. Cheap hourly rate, worst, unorganized agency ever.
Should hand pick and know the people that are applying better
I don't work there (Former Employee), chicago, ilSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: none that i can see
Cons: everything
I have over 25 years experience in the design arena and I can not even getting nibble on even a graphic designer position. It seems chaotic and unorganized the way they work. Even after many emails asking why I didn't even get a chance at one of the positions they never reply back. They need some serious management changes...i am game! I will shape that ship up!
Are they even real??
Client (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 16, 2014
Pros: wouldn't know.
Cons: never help. never respond. never get us jobs.
I've been with this "company" for almost TWO years. I've been sent on ONE interview. I get emails and emails about jobs posted and never a response back from any applications. I started to feel weird about them, now I see I'm not the only one. Never any feedback or anything. For being sooo popular and sooo useful how has no one in the industry heard for them??
Fast-paced environment with limited work-life balance
Consultant (Current Employee), washington dcJune 25, 2014
Pros: agency experience, exposure to new industry
Cons: limited work-life balance, limited growth opportunity
I worked as a consultant for Creative Circle with two different companies - Delucchi Plus as well as MorganFranklin Consulting. My review for Delucchi Plus is completely different to my review for MorganFranklin. Delucchi offered a very fast paced environment on a relatively small team which resulted in long hours, weekend work and very limited work-life balance. The level of work required was not sustainable. MorganFranklin on the other hand, was also a small team - but offered interface with various skill sets and a lot of opportunity for collaborative work and growth.
Terrible Agency
Freelance Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 21, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: horrendous pay, annoying structure, rude staff
The lowest pay of any agency I have signed up (absurd rates!)... and then they send endless emails of job listings rather than taking the time to select the candidates that best fit the openings. It's the worst agency.
This Has to be a Front, Not a Business
art director (Former Employee), Los AngelesJune 20, 2014
How do they stay in business? These bogus jobs they supposedly have access to—it's all a lie. In over ten years, I have had one interview and not one job. Another agency placed me within weeks. I am an instructor and I tell students to save their time and effort and leave this company alone. I do wish someone would investigate them.
Pay rate is a joke
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 13, 2014
Pros: none that i can think of.
Cons: not up to date with current salary structure for industry.
I can't believe the low rate this company offers to its employees! I was offered a position making what I made over twenty years ago. Get real.

1 2 3