Creative Circle

Creative Circle Employee Reviews

Waste of time!!!
Designer (Former Employee), new yorkJune 12, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
This agency is a waste of time and the success rate of finding a job is very minimal. Not to mention their pay rate is horrible!!
You might be better off looking on your own than wasting your time with this company.
Hard to get assignments.
Freelance assignments (Current Employee), Chicago IllinoisJune 9, 2015
The agents were very accomadating at the start. But everything works through emails. There is so many entrles that I can never get a responce.
Great Company
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 1, 2015
A wonderful place to work. It has way to many benefits to count. But top notch professional workplace. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Please, please save your time and sanity.
Contractor (Former Employee), St Louis, MissouriMay 14, 2015
Pros: There are zero pros to this company. Can't think of one positive thing to say about them.
Cons: Inconsiderate, poor communications, petty, unprofessional, vindictive and less than honest. Also, they rarely understand the position or the demands.
Despite being with this agency for almost three years, I only worked three assignments. They play petty politics and treat contractors like subhumans. Don't expect any respect or clear communications. – more... They beat you up on rates, expect a commitment from you, but can't give you one in return. They are now listing many of their jobs on Indeed and other job boards just so they can get their body count up. I actually got a job replacing two of their other contractors and found out they never submitted me for the job. If one of the petty reps doesn't like you, forget it. You will be blacklisted. They also expect you to return their calls and emails right away, but they never get back to you. They don't mind wasting your time. They are cold, unprofessional "head hunters." They are not professional recruiters and it's like a high school clique. You can literally apply to hundreds of jobs and never hear a word for them. Also, judging from their placements, you can easily tell there's an age bias within this agency. You will be treated like a pariah and as a number. Avoid them like the plague. You will have more luck going through Indeed, Thumbtack, other local agencies or on your own. You're a file, not a person. – less
One Year-Three Interviews
Designer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: lack of constructive feedback
Sadly, like most of the other reviewers I have been completely underwhelmed with Creative Circle.

The employees have been nice enough in the two cities I've been represented in, but they truly don't – more... understand the responsibilities of a designer. I routinely get emails for positions I am under qualified for which is frustrating.

If you're looking for work CC might be one component of a multi channel approach-but don't count on getting a gig. – less
Creative Circle is amazing
Creative Art Director / Designer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible, quick to call with right position
Cons: Some contracts are short term
I relocated from DFW to Chicagoland about five years ago and Creative Circle has always been my go to company for freelance and full time. Not only have they placed me in great paying contract positions – more... as a designer, they have also sucessfully found me two full time positions in my field with remarkable companies, handling the negotiating process for me and gaining me the salary I requested.

I cannot say enough good things for the women who recruit the Chicago area and subburbs. They always answered all my questions, helped me navigate which contract to choose and represented me very well.

I must say this: being a designer is tough in a saturated marketplace. If you have a strong book and the right set of skills, they will call you and place you. And these days, using a recruiter betters your chances at job placement. Yes, they get a percentage from you, but it's well-deserved for all the legwork they do to place good, qualified workers.

I see there are a lot of bad reviews out there, but my experience has always been really wonderful with CC. I worked onsite, from my home office, teamed with a writer, and now in a full time position with a company that had everything I was looking for.

Thank you Caitlin, Hope and Amy for being simply awesome and professional to me over the years. – less
Worthless waste of time
N/A (Former Employee), N/AApril 23, 2015
I wish I could review an assignment Creative Circle gave me, but we never got that far. We did meet in person to discuss opportunities and they said I was well-suited for some of their clients. But when – more... the actual jobs became available, the Creative Circle folks were nowhere to be found. No response to e-mails or phone calls. And more than once, THEY e-mailed ME to tell me they wanted me for an assignment but when I replied … nothing.

Epic fail. How they're still in business is beyond me. – less
The Creative Circle team is very energetic!
Account Executive, Presentation Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 2, 2015
While employed as a contract employee with Creative Circle, I found their team to be pretty flexibility in assigning employees jobs that truly fit their professional experience. Also, everyone in the office; was very enthusiastic and always willing to go the extra mile.
Awesome place to work!
Graphic & Web Designer (Former Employee), Tinton Falls, NJMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great connections, you can work from home, great pay
Cons: be prepared to travel to the company's home offices
They connected me with a lot of high end companies such as Mercedes Benz, Party City & others. They work with major corporations to find designers based on the company's needs, since every designer has – more... a different set of skills.

I would definitely recommend working with them. My boss also mentored me. He gave me pointers to fix my resume and pointers on what I should put on my portfolio. Beautiful office. They have a gorgeous fountain. Nice staff. Very professional. I was definitely impressed upon my first visit.

You can work from home. Though most companies want you to meet with them at their home office at some point, so be prepared to travel. Decent pay. It varies, though I personally made between 30-40 per hour. Most of the work is temporary. 1-6 months. But you might find a permanent job somewhere! If you're a freelancer and need to find a steady work flow, you should apply. – less
It works
Production Coordinator & Creative Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good networking
Cons: too few offers
Even though they bring just a couple of opportunities in a 2 years spam, when it works it does it just fine. They would connect you to good companies and great people.
TERRIBLE
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I've got 25+ years of experience, and have applied for work/jobs via Creative Circle for years.NOTHING. Who are the hacks they are getting to work for $10 an hour, also? Some of the most horrifyingly low – more... wages I've ever seen.

When I was on the other side, hiring freelance talent, my rep was useless. Always sending wordy, annoying emails short on actual content/information and long on personal details about her life that no one cares about.

How are they still in business! I've never seen so many bad (and accurate!) reviews. – less
Too Bad I Can't Give Zero Stars
Contractor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: no jobs. no benefits. low wages.
Do not. I repeat, do not waste your time with this staffing company. They will never call you or consider you for a job. They are totally nonsensical. They have a database of thousands of qualified applicants – more... yet they waste time and take opportunities away from their existing pool of people and post their new jobs publicly which makes interviewing with them and getting in their database totally worthless. The other problem with this worthless company is that they offer zero benefits to contractors and the pay they negotiate is awful. It's always 25% or more below market value. Way to shoot for the bottom of the barrel. Words cannot express enough how much I hate this company. – less
There business model doesn't work
Designer (Former Employee), AtlantaJanuary 6, 2015
Cons: don't waste your time interviewing
Why have a data base of designers that you have already interview and then post jobs out there for anyone to respond to, like on Craigs List? Why would you waste time interviewing designers that are more – more... than qualified for most of the positions they offer, but them in their data base but not call them directly when they get an assignment. This is not quality and is a waste of time. They have no respect for what they are selling which is talent talent that they interview and that are already in their database. They need to rethink their business model. In applying for jobs over the past year at CC I have been asked to do one small 5 hour assignment. I have 15 plus years in the industry. – less
TERRIBLE SERVICE!!! ZERO STARS!!!
Client (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 30, 2014
Pros: none!!!
Cons: just about everything!!!
I've been registered with this agency for OVER 7 MONTHS -- and I have not been sent on a single interview in that time!!! I have to keep calling back the agent every week to check in and they act irritated – more... when its their job to find work for me! When I DO find a suitable job on their site, the agent I was assigned to shoots me down, claiming the job is not a 'close enough match' (If something is a "80%" match, I asked her to give it a shot -- what job is going to be a "100%" match???) It seems like their only job is to collect resumes so it seems like they are actually placing people!!! – less
Average Freelance Company
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 11, 2014
Pros: freelance jobs allow for a change of scenery every now and again
Cons: no job security
Creative Circle is not a bad company. There well known and provide good jobs. Unfortunately Ive only been provided with one job in the last year and the company they provided for me with, left on the last project I was working with them on.
Productive & Fun place to work
Receptionist/ Project Manager (Temporary) (Former Employee), San FranciscoNovember 7, 2014
great team learning incorporated in the office. Management was very hands on and commutation was a huge factor
Doesn't understand the "creative industry."
client (Current Employee), HoustonOctober 2, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: doesn't understand the "creative industry."
Great representation in Dallas. What happened to Houston? They sent me on several interviews for jobs not matching my skill set or background. Both myself nor client had been preped. What a waste.
Told Me I Was Going to A Client
Presentation Specialist (Former Employee), New JerseySeptember 20, 2014
Cons: communication and lying about so-called "confirmed" assignments.
I was called for a PowerPoint on-site assignment. They emailed paper work for me to fill out and email back to them (identification, I-9 form). I was told the client selected me to work on the PowerPoint – more... deck. I was getting calls from other agencies and had to turn them down because I was already booked. I decided to call CC to confirm the assignment was "a go". She responded, "I need to call the client and will let you know in about an hour". I replied "I thought this was already confirmed?". She said she will call back in 1 hour. After 2 hours I did not hear back and decided not to ever work with them. Cheap hourly rate, worst, unorganized agency ever. – less
Should hand pick and know the people that are applying better
I don't work there (Former Employee), chicago, ilSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: none that i can see
Cons: everything
I have over 25 years experience in the design arena and I can not even getting nibble on even a graphic designer position. It seems chaotic and unorganized the way they work. Even after many emails asking why I didn't even get a chance at one of the positions they never reply back. They need some serious management changes...i am game! I will shape that ship up!
Are they even real??
Client (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 16, 2014
Pros: wouldn't know.
Cons: never help. never respond. never get us jobs.
I've been with this "company" for almost TWO years. I've been sent on ONE interview. I get emails and emails about jobs posted and never a response back from any applications. I started to feel weird about them, now I see I'm not the only one. Never any feedback or anything. For being sooo popular and sooo useful how has no one in the industry heard for them??

1 2 3

About Creative Circle

Creative isn't just part of our name, it's at the heart of what we believe in. That's why we strive to represent some of the industry's – Read more

Creative Circle Salaries