Creative Community Living Services Employee Reviews

Training is long and tedious and takes over a month.
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  LaCrosse, WIMay 21, 2016
I was hired end of March by Creative Community Living Services. By May 6th I was still not trained in and working. I had to quit to find another job that would actually train me and allow me to work in a prompt matter because as a college student, I had bills I needed to pay. I have worked at group homes before and never have I had to wait over a month to finish training and start working. Their upper management is unprofessional and are hard to reach. When you do reach them they give you vague answers that don't actually answer any of your questions. I would highly recommend searching for other companies in the group home setting before picking this one. And if you do, beware, it will be well over a month before you can actually start training in home and finally be on the schedule and get a decent paycheck.
Great for workaholics
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WIMarch 13, 2016
Great values great people, little direction, thrown into with many responsibilities with little to no training. Often unfair advantages for other employees, often times you are expected to work 50 hours plus, totally not doable if you have a family or a personal life.
My summary in all is that I enjoyed where I worked and the activites that I partisapated in with the clients ther was never a dull moment.
live-n-caregiver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 14, 2015
A typical day at work was to prepare dinner, make sure that the clients were comfortable. Assisted clients with activities of daily living and assisting clients with their medication. House hold cleaning and doing certain activities with clients. I also assisted clients with their blood sugars. I've learned that being a caregiver can be stressful at times, but also rewarding. Management in my job was very helpful in my position, if I ever needed help with anything management was always there with there input. My co-workers were also easy to get along with. We always worked together, when it came to the clients. The hardest part of the job was trying to give everyone equal time. The most enjoyable part of the job would be taking clients out into the community.
Pros
Getting to eat dinner with the clients a and having conveerstaions with clients at the dinner tabble
Ok job to work no place for advancement
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 13, 2015
Working in a CBRF that has very limited employees, can sometime
be over bearing. No upper management support with working. No home should every have one employee working but do to the shortage most of the homes within this company has only one working at a time. I have learned due to the physical demand of the job it cause a high turn over rate, leaving the Program Manager too work 150-170 hrs every 2 weeks. I really enjoyed working with the clients and care for them. No manager support was very hard and sometime frustrating.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
can leave job site for lunch
Care Taker
Residential Care Taker (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIApril 28, 2015
• Advocated for individuals who have disabilities in the home
• Personal cares and meeting client’s needs
• Medication administration
• Third shift supervision
• Assisted clients with morning routine and report to work
Rewarding work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 22, 2014
Hard work but at the end of the day you know you did something to help another person.
Rewarding but management needs work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIApril 1, 2014
Typical day would be to ensure clients were taken to work, follow and complete all paperwork and billing, work on schedule, and ensure staff are following state codes based on cares, and make sure that menus have been made up for the month. The hardest part was dealing with upper management, too many cooks in the kitchen. The most enjoyable was being able to assist the clients and interact with all the different people.
A great place to get experience working with adults with developmental disabilities
Residential Coordinator/ Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 19, 2014
Working with adults that have developmental and/or physical disablities
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 9, 2013
Due to HIPAA laws and regulations I am uncomfortable posting much information in this category. I will say that this job can been very difficult at times but it can also be very fulfilling.
Pros
very fulfilling work
Cons
spuratic hours make it difficult to have time with family
working with people that needed help
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Plover, WINovember 26, 2013
Typical day was getting people up and helping them around their houses and took them out on outings and learned about each person that i worked with
Pros
helping others
Cons
hard to get people to pick up shifts
a lovely place to work
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 17, 2013
a great place to work clean environment and a understanding boss who will go over and beyond her duty
Enjoyable Work Environment
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJuly 17, 2013
I have a great time working with the clients and employees of CCLS. They are a wonderful group of individuals, and I take pride in saying that I enjoy going to work every day.
Good company with great values
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJuly 17, 2013
great place to work with adults who have developmental disabilities.
productive work day in the program.
relife staff (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIFebruary 6, 2013
I get job shadowing when every I'm unsure of how to do something all I have to do is talk to my co-workers how I can do it or do it better if they are unsure then I just go to my supervisor to find out. A normal day at work I have four adults to care for in my program that we get up in the morning to get ready and give there med's out to them for morning starting breakfast then wait for them to do as much as they can on there own for clean up then get teeth brushed and flossed then help with making sure they are clean plus help for getting dressed and bathroom and setting up there clothes, food, bushing teeth, and drive to work there and back. the hardest part of my job is get one of the 4 I care for dressed because she is in a wheelchair and shower. the most enjoyable part of the day is all 4 of the ladies and how great they take life everyday.
Cbrf
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 18, 2012
• Assisted residents in a group home environment with daily living activities.
• Prepared meals, administered medications and light housekeeping duties.
• Organized daily activities for residents and chart documentation.
• Monitored changes with residents and transported to doctor appointments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Creative Community Living Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8