Creative Community Living Employee Reviews

ok
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIOctober 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working with CCLS more so with the clients, management is ok, pay is just ok. There is no permanent schedules, there was a lot of overtime and no help with covering shifts.
It's a Job
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMay 19, 2016
Typical day at work 1-8 hours depending
Getting to know clients is the most enjoyable part
Co-workers are fun
Hardest part knowing things need to be replaced & nothing being done about it
Overnight Direct Support Care
Night Support (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSMarch 24, 2016
Great Opportunity to learn a bit about home health care. Enjoyed working with people and being a part of their care. A really good job i enjoyed very much.
Nice People
Resident Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 7, 2016
I really like this job for the most part. Great residents to work with, fun activities to take them to and enjoy. My coworkers are helpful and hard workers.
The hardest part of the job is lack of communication from management at times. Also wages are very low for the amount of work done as well as benefits. You have to puzzle piece together hours in order to get full time work.
good people doing a tough job
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 2, 2016
The hours can be long, but the work can be very fulfilling.It requires good time management, and being able to set priorities in your work day.
loved the job, but company was harsh
Full Time Care Provider (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 24, 2015
I loved my job. Loved my clients, too. They were sweeties. But the management took the job not as serious as I did, I guess. I mean c'mon, these clients are PEOPLE too! They have emotions. They can feel or sense pain. They know what you're talking about...they are not to be treated like babies. The disrespect I sensed just threw me off. If you don't like this type of job where you help people become more independent, then please do not apply. It hurt me to quit knowing what hands they were left in, but I couldn't handle the disrespect anymore.
Pros
Loving clients, heart fulfillment, long-term employment, benefits
Cons
rude management
constantly helping clients to live as closely to a "regular" person's quality of life. Very Satisfactory work.
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 8, 2015
I loved this job. I loved caring for people, constantly helping them grow and be comfortable in a home-like setting.

My Program manager was a wonderful boss to work with. She was always available 24/7 and was always connected closely, and lovingly to all of her clients, their families, doctors, and employees.

Besides the massive state budget cuts, the company was always trying to do their best to accommodate everyones needs, focusing on the ways to provide the best cares possible to its clients.
Pros
helping clients, great boss, rewarding.
Cons
heavy lifting on a constant basis, basically no breaks while working due to having to keep an eye on all clients at all times, Budget cuts that affected the company, the clients, and the employees
no concern for employees
Aide (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSJune 17, 2015
only cares about company needs schedules days off then calls on them for you to work. low pay high stress. would not recommend this job.
A great place to work.
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSJanuary 30, 2014
Assisting adults with developmental disabilities to be a part of their community and to live a fulfilled life.
I was a life long experience
Trainer 1 (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSAugust 22, 2013
A typical day at Creative Community Living was a normal day other than it was to teach mentally challenged people how to live life to the fullest and teach them right from wrong. What I learned from this experience is that there is people out there that need help and understanding as to why?
individuals are the best part.
sdsp (Current Employee) –  El doradoMarch 9, 2013
Individuals are the best part of CCL. You learn so much about them they all have AWESOME personality. It can be very stressful bc most days you are on the go and seems like you don't get a break. The days go by smoother when there is teamwork which Some Co worker are very good at but others not so well. Your meals and activities are paid for which is good. There are a lot out pros and cons but what job doesn't.
Pros
individuals
Cons
no raises
In home of long term patients with DD/MR and medical conditions
LPN (Current Employee) –  Winfield, KSFebruary 17, 2013
Work in home with long term patients requiring a 24hr nursing for medical conditions. Small patient staff ratio. Good overall management. No room for upward advancement.
Pros
12 hour shifts with every other weekend off
Cons
no room for growth and salary
Interesting environment
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Winfield, KSFebruary 5, 2013
I enjoy working for this company when I started there is a lot of issues throughout the day you have to work through and this job can be very stressful. Usually the day starts off slow but it can pick up quite easily and become hectic. I have learned quite a bit from this job just being in a nursing field is different, taking care of the residents is the best part of the job you build a bond with each person. Keeping staff in this particular job is hard, most people get into this position and realize they can not handle it.
Pros
working with residents
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
out going job
Health Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSFebruary 4, 2013
Working with the handicap is different but get to help them reach there full potential at all tasks. I enjoy the work i do but can be stress full at times.
Pros
benifits
Assisting individuals with their daily lives.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSDecember 17, 2012
I changed, repositioned, and showered the individuals. I had one co worker with me. There were a total of 4 individuals and I had two individuals and she had two also. We did alot of teamwork. The hardest part of my job was when one of the individuals passed away. The most enjoyable part of it was being able to spend time with them everyday and know that they were being taken care of.
Pros
free meals, paid outings
Cons
strict attendance policy, short staffed.
Takes a special kind of person
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSOctober 3, 2012
I loved the individuals but it was a dangerous environment and the staff was not properly trained to help in dangerous situations. The class they take for meds is not adequate.
Pros
individuals
Cons
environment