Creative Learning Center Employee Reviews

This job was horrible
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2018
I worked in the child care professionals for 20 years nd I have never seen such. A disregard for children the classrooms, and the teachers. This place needs new management period.
Pros
Cons
Classrooms are dingy, pay is low
Leadership is good
Director (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TX 79416February 11, 2018
Working with in laws is always difficult, but when working at CLC I felt my ideas mattered and we worked together collaterally to help the program succeed to its upmost potential.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJanuary 20, 2018
This was a wonderful place to work and I gained quite a bit of experience. There were ups and downs but overall the chidlren were great. I was a head preschool teacher at this private preschool. I did lesson plans every week, parent-teacher conferences, planned field trips, organized group activities, assisted other teachers with yearly calendar events. We had center wide events where each classroom would have a part of the activity.
Pros
Great staff, and wonderful children
Cons
Sometimes longer hours (not paid, but expected)
Unorganized and inconsistent
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAJanuary 15, 2018
The program of CLC is such a great idea! It would work if management followed consistent behavior plans and treated their staff well enough to make them want to stay.

The place is advertised as 1 to 1, but that's never the case. Behavior plans are put in place but never seem to be followed, which isn't good for the kids of this population.

Pay checks are never on time. We have to demand to have them on time, otherwise it could be three+ weeks before you actually see your money. You always have to double check your stub too because they some how always seem to forget some ABA hours you've worked and end up having to reimburse you....weeks later.

Trying to get an evaluation for a possible raise requires nagging and jumping through hoops to get the process rolling. No one in management really acts on what the employees need.

They also hire literally ANYONE. This isn't a job to just jump in to with minimal to no experience. It doesn't help that they don't provide proper training, not even on something as simple as taking data. They promise to get your RBT training done, but only do it for select staff and blow off the others.

The one thing that makes this place enjoyable are the kids who keep you on your toes, and your fellow staff members, who are so supportive and push each other to keep going! It can be a chaotic place, but everyone tries to stay positive and help one another out in the middle of a crisis. If you have a desire in behaviors, you'll definitely learn a lot over time.
Pros
you can get hours that you can't get at an in home ABA
Cons
horrible benefits, low pay, management is sketchy
Hostile work environment
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 12, 2018
They do not give hours out fairly as people who were full-time left work early or called in and I got less hours than they did. Also I traveled an hour away and would get sent home with no notice or after only a few hours which was a waste of my time and money. The people working there treated the children poorly and gossiped about other workers. It was not a positive environment to work in.
Pros
They pay a little more than minimum wage
Cons
Poor hours
Wonderful place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VADecember 5, 2017
At CLC, I was one of a few students who had worked there but I was welcome with open arms. I was given security and trust from day one which helped me preform my job to my fullest potential in a positive work environment,
Pros
Lunch Breaks, flexibility
Cons
Also was taking classes at the same time
Great place to work mostly, but new owner took over and made changes
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 4, 2017
You have complete freedom to plan lessons and activities however you want, within reason of course. Since it's all women who work there though, there is always some sort of drama involved at any given time. The hardest part of the job was managing the kids.
Pros
Free lunch, relaxed and fun work environment, make friends easily
Cons
they ask you to work past your scheduled shift more than I would've liked to when others call in
work is work there
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 14, 2017
feeding,recieving children,changing diapers,spell,sing,teach,read,care,change diapers every hour,record paper work every minute of the day,wash bottles,dishes,clean out cabinets,wash disinfect tables,counters toys,chairs floors,wash laundry.mop and sweep.
Pros
no lunches provided just a break out of the builing
Cons
no benifits
Good job for a college student
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNNovember 12, 2017
CLC is a good job for a working student but not for someone who is looking for a long term position. The management is knowledgeable but is quick to make assumptions or situations and the pay is minimum wage regardless of education.
A circus
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 30, 2017
My typical day at work involved teaching a UPK class of eight special education students and eleven general education students. I would also find subs for staff that was out sick. I learned that an assistant director can not be in the classroom full-time and help to manage a preschool. The hardest part of the job is the lack of a director in the building. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with children.
Pros
The children
Cons
poor management
Great work environment
Preschool Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MS 39759October 19, 2017
A typical day at this job included teaching and caring for children. I learned a lot about the different styles of learning that each child required. Management at this company was great. The workplace was very nice and up to date. The hardest part of this job would be that it could get stressful dealing with that many kids at one time. The most enjoyable part about this job would be that you are making a difference in a child's life.
Pros
Getting to make an impact on a child's life
Cons
Can be stressful
Floater at CLC
Floater Teacher (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLOctober 13, 2017
I absolutely loved working at CLC. Best job I have ever had. The management is so friendly and understanding. The children of course are all little angels in my eyes. I had to move is the only reason why I still am not there. If your looking for a good job in Miramar Beach Florida this is the place if your in the childcare industry. The staff are amazing an the children are precious.
Pros
Children, staff, flexible.
Cons
No cons this way!
Working with kids
Councilor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 13, 2017
I like working with kids.... but I was a job for me in my younger days! Though I still have a passion for kids, this particular job would be perfect for a college student.
If you love to be around kids the job is for you.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 17, 2017
The cons of woeking at a daycare center thr pay is not good for how much you have to do. They should at least start off about 9.00 and work your way up as far as raises. Poor management no beneifits.
Wouldn't work there again
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 16, 2017
This company is a very laid back place of employment. The director is a very nice lady when she wants to be. She brings her personal business to work with her everyday. It is licensed under DHR, however none of the DHR rules are followed. You are expected to take care of children who hit, kick, scream, spit, and throw stuff at you and make minimum wage while doing so. The director has her favorites and will not do anything about anyone else. It is a very unsanitary environment as well.
not a productive workplace
Teacher Aide/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 25, 2017
We have to do a lot for not that much pay. The managers are not professional and need a lot more work. The staff is unprofessional and need more work.
Drama, Drama, Drama
Daycare Teacher (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTJuly 12, 2017
The girls that work here are very high maintenance and think they are better than everybody else and cop mad attitudes for NO reason. The children bully the workers and nothing is said or done about it. All with low pay and ZERO benefits.
Pros
I got a nice tan from being outside.
Cons
Everything else
Loved The work I did
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 19, 2017
My typical day at work was when I arrived at work I started giving the teachers they breaks. I gave 12 teachers a 20 minute break each day. I had to take over the classroom until the teachers came back so whatever they where in the middle of I had to take over.
I learned how to be patient on that job and always expect the unexpected because each day was different.
The workplace culture was mixed we all was a family
The hardest part of the job was sometimes it could get stressful some of the kids would come in not having such a great day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was spending time with the children. I love children and when they make you little pictures or bring you flowers or you see them walking for the first time they make each day a joy.
Pros
free lunch, off on weekends, the schedule fit with mothers that have children in school, you are home at night
Cons
no insurance, sometimes you sure was not treated far
Easy money to make
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 15, 2017
Working at CLC is ok until I find another job . The children are okay . There are to many rules that do not make sense , and those rules do not apply to all
Pros
Free lunch off on weekends
Cons
No insurance or benefits
Established center with a great love of children
Lead Teacher (2 year old) (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 29, 2017
I actually worked at Creative World twice! Due to my husbands military career, we moved back to Biloxi and I immediately went back to Creative. It was a place centered around the love of children's development. The director has owned the place for 30 plus years and kept abreast to the changing world of child development. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship I formed with the children as welll as my coworkers. We were all there to do our best to help the children thrive in their development.
Pros
freedom to create my own lesson plans and implement them to guide the children's development
Cons
no retirement plans