Creative Learning Workshop

Creative Learning Workshop Employee Reviews

Productive work day. Great environment.
ATA / Workshop Aide (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2014
First time working at a MRDD workshop. I had a lot of fun working there and met a bunch of awesome people. I enjoyed working with all of my clients. Management and co-workers were some of the best I have ever worked with. Learned new techniques when handling many different situations.
Pros
atmosphere. able to advance in company.
I work with individuals with disabilities
Team Leader/ Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 27, 2013
I work with individuals with disabilities. I help with their ADL'S and I work in the production room in which I help them do their daily work to earn a paycheck. I make sure the staff in the room does their paperwork correctly and I also make sure the individuals and the staff have the proper materials to do there job that day. I also make sure the staff signs off on in-service sheets and make sure the can correct the problem or teach them what ever they need to know that's on the in-service sheets.
Prior to buy out from provider services... Best job ever
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 24, 2013
With company for 5 years. Always loved my job. Always. Would rave to family and friends.. Refer everyone to my company. Staff always held to the highest standards of care. Company was bought-out by "Provider Services/Provider Holdings"
Everyone who has been with this company for greater than 1 year is seeking other employment.
Cost of benefits tripled. Paid days off rapidly declined. Salaried employees became hourly..Raises disappeared. New policies/procedures tripled work load.
Moral is at an all-time low. I have never experienced anything like this. If you are seeking a get-me-by job. Do apply.
If seeking a career with a wonderful organization... you are too late. RUN. Run far and fast from CLW.

Signed,

I love my job & this community; but, not this horrid company.
Still employed and working to the best of my ability- While directors beg me not to go....
Pros
amazing population
Cons
provider services/corporate office feeds their pockets at clients and staffs expense
Excellent place to work with cutting edge technology.
Art Director | Graphic Designer | Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 14, 2013
Great environment with excellent management. Plenty of opportunity to grow as a professional.
Pros
management
Like the idea of what the job is SUPPOSED to be.
Aide (Former Employee) –  New ParisAugust 24, 2012
Unfortunately, that's all you get is what the job is supposed to be, and get blamed for what you aren't doing right when you only do what you have been taught or told to do. Very unprofessional people that you work for, that for some reason seem to like degrading people. The most enjoyable part is the consumers that you work with.
Dedicated Job Coordinator
Job Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 21, 2012
A typical day at Creative Working Workshop was transporting individuals from their home to work, then preparing assessments for individuals for vocational goals. The individuals would work for an hour sweeping the floor making minim-wage, shredding paper, and placing labels on envelopes. After the individuals completed their work I work document their vocational goals, update plans, and transport individuals home. I learned effective communication, problem solving, preparing vocational goals, advocating, and creating plans vocational plans. The management were extremely helpful, having an open door policy to ask questions and excess their vocational history. Co-workers worked as a team and assisted with bringing individuals to their work stations. The hard part of the job was being about to verbal prompt was lifting an individual on to a changing table. The most enjoyable part of that job was seeing the smiles on the individual's face when him or her received their paycheck.
Pros
working with individuals, effective communication, working for a purpose, and creating my own vocational program.
Cons
distance to work and not being able to move up in the company.
Gfreat right till the end.
ata (Former Employee) –  new parisAugust 11, 2012
7 people were just let go for no reason. Great job horrible management.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
worst managment ever.
I was not accepted by the womwen employees, I had 2 great ladies I worked with . They are both willing to give me great reviews.
Aide (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 5, 2012
This just was not the job for me. I like to do a great job when I work and could not please anyone of the ladies I worked with
Pros
loved working with the clients
Cons
never doing anything right, boss does not like confrontation and agrees with whoever he is talking to.
Very rewarding and fun place to work
Floor Supervisor/ Direct care worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 22, 2012
CLW was a very fun and rewarding place to work,working with people with mrdd is sometimes challenging but at the end of the day it was very rewarding to know that you make a difference is someones life it was great
Pros
rewarding, able to teach, help, and make a difference in their lives.
Cons
watching with the struggles, to do some of the simplest things in life.
A fun place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati,OHMarch 1, 2012
I really enjoyed working with the DD clients, the were very fun to be around. It's easy to get attached to the clients and have a bond with them.
Pros
no advancement
Cons
the clients

2.5