Creative Options Employee Reviews

Professional and Positive Staff to Work With
Individual Support Staff, Creative Options (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDJanuary 18, 2016
My employment with Creative Options is professional and positive work experiences The ISS (Individuals Support Staff) team of supervisors are supportive and positive. Creative Options offers the most up to date training to accomdate our individuals with their needs that are required.
No comment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  ColumbiaJanuary 7, 2015
There ahs never been a bad day upon arriveing to work. I learned that the job is not about me, its about my clients I care for every day.I had the best coworkers and they made the job easier for everyone.The best part of the job was that I was making a difference in human beings life that needed my help.

I love giveing back to the needy but not the greedy. I have become humble with a lot of care and concern for others.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
NOT ENOUGHT CARE FROM THE POWERS THAT BE.
Great place to work if you like to help people who need it
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex, MDJune 15, 2014
* I started my work day by helping my client plan his day, we pretty much stayed active until dinner, after dinner my client took his medication, took a shower, then prepared for bed.
* I learned what makes my client happy, sad, angry and how to redirect his anger
* I was the manager but my supervisor was understanding and trustworthy
* my employees were understanding and trustworthy
* the hardest part of my job was dealing with the anger problems my client had and the pay
* I enjoyed everything else about this job
Pros
people, job duties
Cons
pay and benefits
fun work place everyone is their own leader
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  KingstonJanuary 19, 2015
being a part of the team in it self is much fun. we have work shops to educate us about our particular products

we are not are not placed in one location, we get to meet different people

we do in stores promotions, gas stations and events based on the products being promoted at that time
Pros
compensate travelling allowance for out of parish jobs
Cons
no health benefits
Positive and productive work environment with opprtunity for growth.
Early Childhood Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 8, 2014
Caring and guiding children in all Early Childhood domains. I have learned how children develop, parent relations, and organization skills. Management and co-workers have always been professional and I have always maintained professional relationships and teamwork. The hardest part of my job is being patient and understanding of the children's behaviors and the physical piece of constant bending, squatting, kneeling etc. The most enjoyable is meeting new families and watching the children grow and learn.

After thirteen years of teaching, I am ready to go back into the office and clerical field.
Pros
Off work in the summer and school schedule dates
Cons
Very little adult conversation and relation, a lot of physical activity.
Fun working place, cooperative management team and wonderful CEO
Health Care Assistant(Part time) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2013
Great day at work always, trainings and workshops are top priority here, co workers, management are team supporters. every day at work is always fun.
Pros
basic insentives
Cons
Short breaks, Health care
Loved working with creative projects.
Creative Arts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 4, 2013
The kids were great to work with. The environment was exciting and creative. Loved my co workers. I really didn't feel it was work.
Pros
loved every single minute.
Cons
wish there was more days of the week to work this job.
good experience
Infant Nursery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 21, 2014
At creative Options teachers will have every opportunity to learn and excel as a teacher.
Pros
Training
Cons
Director
Offered opportunity for advancement
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work required dedication to assure quality personal care services to individuals with mental disabilities and administrative duties. Long hours and overtime were mandatory and being able to be flexible was a must. You had to be able to work as a team with different coworkers to ensure maximum performance in the workplace. The duties were not impossible but could be strenuous, in other words, your job performance strongly depended on how dedicated you were to your job duties which made taking care of individuals a pleasure especially when you know you have given your best and the individuals are happy and safe.

Management, on the other hand could use some help. The company is based on the who you know scale meaning most people were hired based on who they knew in the company and depending on relationship status were shown positional favoritism that other employees had no opportunity to experience. For example, over time was mandatory if you wanted to have a reasonable pay check but the company only allowed a certain amount of overtime hours and if you made too much overtime you would get suspended or even fired. Some employees were accepted to work as much overtime as they wanted or was needed for a particular house for a particular director whereas other people who were not acquaintances or very well liked did not have the same opportunity. If you made any noise in the company about anything from your paycheck being shorted to unfavorable situations within the company then you were singled out and harassed by administration personnel. The nurse practitioner
  more... in charge of overseeing medication administration always has a chip on the shoulder and gives bad attitude to employees. I understand that the mistakes made by some employees are very detrimental to the individuals' health and careless, but the nurse is so disrespectful that no one wants to call to report anything to him not just an error but something as simple as a change in medication.

One can advance to a manager position quickly if there is a shortage of house managers but are chosen not based on performance but on how well you are known or liked by administrative management. Once chosen as a first time house manager you are not properly trained and have to figure out your managerial duties or ask other house managers to help until you can drive by yourself. They just throw you in a house and say figure it out. The CEO is very proactive but is not aware of many instances within the company but when discovered, things are addressed immediately but nothing really changes as a result and often times get worse where as everything you do is judged and not acceptable.

This job is a great place to work if you are only passionate about helping people with mental disabilities helping to make sure they have equal opportunities and can get the maximum quality of life experiences this way the unprofessional actions within the company will not bother you but not a great place to work if you wear your heart on your sleeve.
Pros
Bonuses, Affordable health benefits, Easy to advance, Revolving door policy, Up to date trainings and certifications
Cons
No raises, Management was not professional, Penalty for working too much overtime, Turn over rate is high