Retail Store Manager Position
Creative Playthings is a leading manufacturer and retailer of high quality wooden swing sets. Our company was founded in 1951, but we at Creative Playthings believe that the best is yet to come! Our goal is to create a joyful shopping experience for our customers by creating an exciting environment for parents and children alike. We know that a positive attitude and willingness to go the extra step for our customers is critical to our company’s continued success. There are several reasons that customers come through our showroom doors and purchase their swing sets from us. Reputation, product design, and a friendly and knowledgeable staff are just a few of those reasons. The future of our company is determined by the reputation we are creating today.
This position is responsible for greeting customers, building a sales team, providing training and leadership, selling merchandise, conducting inventory, opening and closing the store, controlling expenses, delivering exceptional customer service, and producing a profit while maintaining a clean, organized, and safe retail environment.
- Previous management experience in a retail environment
- Interpersonal and communication skills that will enable customers to feel comfortable with our products, features, and services.
- Clear and persuasive verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent computer skills.
- Availability to work weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to “dazzle” our customers with a “Yes, I can do that!” attitude.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Compensation: Competitive salary plus commission
Please include your cover letter and resume with your response.