Creative Solutions in Healthcare

Creative Solutions in Healthcare Employee Reviews

Extremely Hard Work for Very Little Compensation
RN (Former Employee), TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: Nice Building Nice Co-Workers
Cons: Horrible Pay
Worked as a floor nurse RN for Creative. Everyday its very demanding and very hard work. Alot of times it's short staffed. When we did get another nurse hired on, they didnt stay long because of the demanding work that doesnt match the pay. They do NOT pay for experience. They do spend alot of money on nice furniture in lobby, etc, but do not compensate their nurses well at all. On the low low end of what experienced nurses should make. Main reason I left was because the pay was so low. For example, an RN of twenty years makes about $25-26 per hr. If you are a new grad it might be worth it (until you realize your running your tail off for a small paycheck). If you are a seasoned nurse, bypass this company and keep searching for a job that pays for your experience!!
Upbeat, fast paced work environment
Business Office Manager/HR Coordinator (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 6, 2015
This position was not your typical nursing home environment. More like a rehab facility, this place had a very high paced environment. From the moment you walk through the door you feel a sense of urgency. The job was demanding but the relationships built were worthwhile.
Don't do it
Department head (Former Employee), TexasMarch 23, 2015
Cons: tons
I worked for 15 yrs for this company. I was so happy when I got out! This company cares about themselves and no one has ur back in this corporation. I was a department head for this company and I would NOT recommend working here, and by the way the pay SUCKS as well. After 15 yrs I made $13 an hour, And like I said I was a supervisor. So if u want to work here, I wish the best of luck
Great Company
Accountant (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 15, 2015
Pros: a large company with a small company culture
Cons: corporate office located in busy construction area
The Corporate office is made up of a close knit group who together make Creative Solutions in Healthcare one of the best Senior Care Management Companies in Texas.
Great Place to Work
Corporate (Current Employee), CorporateFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great company
Very busy but a fantastic executive group and a very rewarding career. Teamwork is very good with this company always. The most difficult part about the job is not being able to put the pen up for the day.
unfair
hr (Former Employee), texasDecember 22, 2014
Pros: everyone i worked with was like family
Cons: treatment from what was supposed to be my help
Hr specialist was very rude and hateful...I was threatened the whole day...was told several times I was worthless and needed to quit...I felt harassed and belittled.... She bold face lied about me several times....she whined to Corp and they listen to her...
Nice, private one owner, family organization.
Controller (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TexasOctober 27, 2014
Pros: fun celebration of employees' birthdays.
Cons: corporate growth inhibited by office location.
Scheduled Corporate work days M - F with flex time available. Excellent work-family balance! Earnest open-door policy from top to bottom of organization. Gracious holidays (6) and PTO benefits.
Good opportunity, and experience.
Company Treasurer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Cashed payroll checks. Printed money orders. Processed Western Union and utility bills. Daily deposits and daily audits. Open and close store. Trained new employees.
I have been working as a MDS Nurse for a few years and I honestly can say that I love MDSs
Holly Cook (903) (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2014
I started as a MDS Case Manager for Creative Solutions and within 3 months of employment I had increased their PPD tremendously and 3 months later I was promoted to Senior Case Manager over three sister facilities in the area. After being in that position I was promoted to Regional Reimbursement Nurse over 6 buildings. I have learned so much in the regional position. The hardest part of the job was not being able to be in every building at least once a week. The best part of my job was completing Focus Audits to increase reimbursement for the buildings.
Taking care of the elderly.
Former employee (Former Employee), LubbockJanuary 1, 2014
Cons: too many to list
This place is ran by a young pompous jerk for an administrator and an HR girl who cusses underneath her breath anytime someone asks her to do something. This place is short staffed and they don't treat their employees well or pay them well. They want customers to think its a nice place but its not. The place is dirty. I wouldn't put a mangy dirty dog in this place.
DON
LVN (Former Employee), CEDAR CREEK REHAB BANDERA TEXASSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great adon and nurse manager
Cons: dishonest don
I was recently laid off a couple of weeks ago, and i have to say the DON there is shady at best. She lies and deviates paperwork to cover unexplainable drug diversions. I would be scared to loose my license in this particular facility. Proceed with caution.
Corporate Human Resources
HR Clerk (Current Employee), Greenville, TXAugust 15, 2013
Pros: positive work environment, helphing peoplel
A typical day at work, would involve preparing several different types of employee disciplinary actions. I have learned so much about Human Resources and the internal workings of a corporation. My co-workers are all very dedicated and hardworking, which makes the team so successful. The hardest part of the job would be when personal issues arise from terminations or suspensions. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help those who call in with problems or complaints.
Long term care is very exciting, self rewarding, fast paced, goal driven and work performance incentive based.
Administrator in Training/Marketer (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 9, 2013
Pros: corporate support, empowerment, health benefits, bonus incentives
Cons: admin. benefits only, healthcare shortages and reforms
I utilized leadership by walking around the facility to ensure every day practices, uses of their systems and monitoring outcomes regularly with an eye watchful for opportunity to improve care. On a daily a basis I would attend the daily stand up morning meetings with all department supervisors, daily revenue meetings while maintaining the PPS RUG tracking worksheets for updates and review the payer aging summary reports. I would monitor and log the
weekly census and staffing reports based on employees total hours, actual PPD, budget PPD, and variance PPD. I applied action plans and in-services for staff members to ensure proper protocols and techniques were being utilized. I created and implemented programs and events, which reach the general community for the purpose of creating facility name recognition, positive facility image and community good will towards the facility.

The corporate culture of Creative Solutions in Healthcare is grounded in the golden rule and Christian ethic of, “do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

I have learned that operating under this golden rule is key for providing superior quality of care to those of the senior community. As the Administrator in Training/Marketer for Creative Solutions in Healthcare and Southern Specialty, I am dedicated to ensure the health, safety and well-being of all their residents and to always practice dignity first through the provision of superior quality of care in a “home-like” environment for those in need(s) of skilled health care service(s).

We developed and enhanced a professional team that is – more... adequately trained, licensed and certified to handle everything from the medically challenged resident who may need to be discharged from the hospital but still requires a higher level of medical care to the self-reliant resident who only needs minimal medical assistance in health care needs. We are committed to delivering uncompromising excellence in short and long term care to the residents which is covered under the Medicaid and Medicare programs.

Connecting and caring for the residents and family members is very rewarding after confirmation of testimonials for satisfaction on stellar provisions of skilled nursing services in an utmost "home-like" environment. I would have to concur that losing a resident is one of the hardest parts of the job in long term care. – less
Micro Management
Nursing (Former Employee), Vidor TexasMay 14, 2013
Cons: no direct depoist; micro managing
This company micro manages to the letter. The corporate consulants are not familiar with policy and procedures. The culture is shady. The HR office shoves a lot of issues under the rug. The company will train administrators behind your back and will walk you out of the building like a convicted felon. The have a 401k plan that does not match a penny. They have limited medical insurance that won't even pay prescriptions. You can get better insurance at the dog doctor. The toilets in the facilty have heat coming off the seats. Working at the company you will work in a state of paranoia. They have a van that is broke more than operational. THE MORALE TO THE STORY IS: APPLY SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Learning experience
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 6, 2013
I completed mds assessments according to the guidelines of 3.0. I loved the conference calls with the corporate mds nurse where I learned about any changes to the 3.0. I would attend several meetings daily to help keep me informed about the changes that occur with the resident care.Such soc,careplan,therapy meetings,etc
Positive and supportive workplace
Certified Dietary Manager (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 13, 2013
The typical day is busy and full of activity for each shift and organization for next day to be ready.
I learned organization and teamwork.
The hardest part of this job was that everyone in the kitchen was related and that made management difficult. I needed to walk a fine line with each shift.
The most enjoyable part of this job was visiting with residents and getting to know their likes and dislikes and accomplishing their nutritional needs.

Creative Solutions in Healthcare Salaries