Creative Work Systems Employee Reviews

Top Notch Agency!
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 11, 2017
Incredible mission and amazing people to work with! If you are willing to work hard and continue to learn, you will be highly successful. This agency truly cares about the people they support and their employees. They offer a competitive wage considering this field of work and they are striving to recognize employees constantly. This is an employer that really wants to know what employees want to grow.
Pros
Continued education and training, benefits, work/life balance
Cons
None!
Great Company to work for and great people to work with
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MultipleJanuary 13, 2017
The values upheld and practiced by this agency are empowering to participants and to staff working with them. There is room for advancement and even tuition reimbursement for college to advance oneself. Standards are high and quality of services is outstanding. Management values the work of staff at all levels of the organization. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Opportunities for professional growth and learning, Knowing what we're doing is important in people's lives.
Cons
Social services just doesn't pay what everyone deserves, but it's not just CWS.
No life with this job
Life Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  MaineJanuary 14, 2017
At first working in their houses was fantastic. But slowly management gets more and more demanding and so much less supportive. Management will pick a favorite staff and treat other people like 2nd class citizens. You are expected to basically give up your life to constantly always be working. If you have an emergency, pray nobody is dying because they don't care about your life. Asking to switch a shift is like asking someone to cut off their limb for you. The pay isn't bad if you have all your certifications and the health insurance is alright. But it's only worth is if you enjoy getting constantly dumped on by management and a dead end job.
Pros
Health insurance, easy to get full-time
Cons
The company overall
Great company
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Saco, MEAugust 22, 2016
Great company, lots of staff support and recognition. Great benefits, hours and supervisors. Everyone seems to enjoy their job. Company has done well financially and is growing more and more. Clients are happy with services as well as families and guardians.
Terrible
Life Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEFebruary 22, 2016
I loved the people I worked with, I loved my people I cared for, but the bosses were terrible, the pay was terrible. They don't tell you about the shift differential when you do overnights. The management has no clue.
Pros
People
Cons
Management low pay bad benefits
Working in Human Services
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 21, 2014
Creative Work Systems is one of the best companies within this field that I have worked for. They are attentive to client and staff needs, and are constantly striving to improve all aspects of their service. I personally have managed one of their residences for over 6 years. It is sometimes stressful, often surprising, and constantly enjoyable. I have gained valuable supervisory experience, and I feel that I am capable of expanding my horizons to do a variety different types of work as a result.
Pros
Working with people, job satisfaction
Cons
Being on-call 24/7, difficult to schedule time off
Overall a wonderful place to work. Wonderful mission statement.
Life Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJune 16, 2012
Worked as a life skills coach assisting individuals with disabilities in the home and in the work place. Patience is key, clients did things at their own pace so I had to learn really quick to practice patience. The ladies I worked with were wonderful; funny and caring individuals. The hardest part of the job was when one of the clients was not having a good day, it was hard to break them out of that bad mood vibe. But once they starting smiling and laughing again it was great.
The residential atmosphere is wonderful
24 hour Residential Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MENovember 28, 2012
I work 94% of my work hours working with the residents in the home. I show or explain how to complete all aspects of daily living to have each individual progress towards the independence they seek. Not enough administrative hours to be as effective as one could be. Most enjoyable part of my job would be the smile on the residents faces when they have learn to do something on their own
Pros
great coworkers, good atmosphere
Cons
support
Productive , fun place to work
Job Coach/Life Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEOctober 13, 2015
I assisted individuals in workshop to learn employment skills with supports and worked along side them on a daily basis.
Pros
Learned many life skills
Cons
Managment was not very supportive
Educational Workplace
LSC/DSP/CRMA (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 23, 2015
Creative Work Systems teaches important materials for those who have and have not worked in this type of field. Each day creates a new way to learn every individual and provides full support for staff and participants.
Cons
Low pay
awesome place to work
Nurse Instructor (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 27, 2015
Creative Work Systems is a great agency to work for. Really nice people. Supportive work environment. Creative Work Systems puts participant needs first.
great COMPANY
Direct Support Professional (DSP) CRMA (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 6, 2015
Fabulous company to work for. Received a lot of training and interpersonal skills. Have learned a lot. wold recommend this company to others.
Cws
DSP/CRMA (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 25, 2014
Work as a DSP and CRMA supporting people in need. Best part of the job is person to person interaction but the worst part of the job is the double documentation.
Pros
P2P interaction
Cons
No breaks scheduled
great place
Life skills coach (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 6, 2013
I loved working in the community with that group i was assigned to that day. great people, staff and clients. so many activites and other support provided.
A challenging position with incredible benefits.
Direct Support Professional / Life Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 16, 2012
A wonderful opportunity to work with the mentally challenged.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Creative Work Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Creative Work Systems Reviews by Location