Creative Work Systems

Creative Work Systems Employee Reviews

Working in Human Services
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 21, 2014
Creative Work Systems is one of the best companies within this field that I have worked for. They are attentive to client and staff needs, and are constantly striving to improve all aspects of their service. I personally have managed one of their residences for over 6 years. It is sometimes stressful, often surprising, and constantly enjoyable. I have gained valuable supervisory experience, and I feel that I am capable of expanding my horizons to do a variety different types of work as a result.
Pros
working with people, job satisfaction
Cons
being on-call 24/7, difficult to schedule time off
Overall a wonderful place to work. Wonderful mission statement.
Life Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJune 16, 2012
Worked as a life skills coach assisting individuals with disabilities in the home and in the work place. Patience is key, clients did things at their own pace so I had to learn really quick to practice patience. The ladies I worked with were wonderful; funny and caring individuals. The hardest part of the job was when one of the clients was not having a good day, it was hard to break them out of that bad mood vibe. But once they starting smiling and laughing again it was great.
The residential atmosphere is wonderful
24 hour Residential Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MENovember 28, 2012
I work 94% of my work hours working with the residents in the home. I show or explain how to complete all aspects of daily living to have each individual progress towards the independence they seek. Not enough administrative hours to be as effective as one could be. Most enjoyable part of my job would be the smile on the residents faces when they have learn to do something on their own
Pros
great coworkers, good atmosphere
Cons
support

Comment – June 17, 2013

This comment is meant for a different company than ours since we are not involved in the residential industry.

Educational Workplace
LSC/DSP/CRMA (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 23, 2015
Creative Work Systems teaches important materials for those who have and have not worked in this type of field. Each day creates a new way to learn every individual and provides full support for staff and participants.
Cons
Low pay
Cws
DSP/CRMA (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 25, 2014
Work as a DSP and CRMA supporting people in need. Best part of the job is person to person interaction but the worst part of the job is the double documentation.
Pros
p2p interaction
Cons
no breaks scheduled
awesome place to work
Nurse Instructor (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 27, 2015
Creative Work Systems is a great agency to work for. Really nice people. Supportive work environment. Creative Work Systems puts participant needs first.
great COMPANY
Direct Support Professional (DSP) CRMA (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 6, 2015
Fabulous company to work for. Received a lot of training and interpersonal skills. Have learned a lot. wold recommend this company to others.
great place
Life skills coach (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 6, 2013
I loved working in the community with that group i was assigned to that day. great people, staff and clients. so many activites and other support provided.
Direct Support Care professional
Direct Support Care Professional (PSS)/ CRMA (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEDecember 1, 2014
Great company to for work, I got through school because of the flexible hours they could offer me
A challenging position with incredible benefits.
Direct Support Professional / Life Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 16, 2012
A wonderful opportunity to work with the mentally challenged.