CREATIVE

CREATIVE Employer Reviews

An opportunity to oversee all facets of mid sized contracting firn.
General Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 20, 2014
Pros: was able to be involved in everything from accounting to finance to collections to marketing.
Cons: lack of prcedure when work directly from owner in small firm.
Was able to inplementstandards and procedures which were used on a go forward basis. Established GAAP accounting to facilitate tax reporting and ability to obtain credit. Created basic templates that could be used to simply the bidding process. This not only saved time, but generated checklists and variance points to eliminate underbidding errors.
Staffing agency that helped others
Case Manager (Former Employee), Thurmond, NCFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: the team work and relationships that i built while there.
Cons: long hours
Long hours with amazing people. I learned how to be a supervisor and the hard work that it entails. The managment was great and very supportive. My staff and co-workers were always there to help. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part were the long hours, team work and of course the clients.
Church
Audio/ Visual Tech (Current Employee), Brooklyn MDJanuary 16, 2014
Typical Church Media, Hardest part of the job is appeasing everyone and making sure that a typical Sunday is normal with no interruptions
great
Division Director (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 17, 2013
I manage, mentor, and grow our team of recruiters and account executives in The Creative Group, a division of Robert Half Technology.

Represent our outstanding candidates and support our clients in achieving the creative aspects of their business goals. Our candidates specialize in everything from Motion/Still Graphic Design to Presentation Specialties, – more... Video Production to Web Production Art, Web Development/Design to Marketing/Communications Management. Our clients include many of the international high-tech companies located in Silicon Valley, as well as smaller startup companies and seasoned corporations/organizations.

Robert Half International believes that both a candidate's soft and hard skills are important for a cultural and duties match for each of our clients' needs, and we strive to find the highest-quality fit for each open role our clients entrust us to fill. Especially here within The Creative Group, we understand how important the people are to the success of each project! – less
Flexible environment with very stimulating opportunities to create.
PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee), South East AsiaAugust 8, 2013
Pros: exotic travel
Cons: inconsistent schedule
A typical day would involve travel to beautiful exotic places in SE Asia. I was responsible to capture the experience of everyone in the program - the emotion, growth, and communication. I had to capture these things in stills without the awareness of the subjects. I had complete freedom of movement and style. My fellow workers provided support in the – more... form of transportation and by sharing agenda highlights so I could position myself strategically to capture each event. Sometimes it was difficult to be a "fly on the wall" which is essential to capturing the reality of scene. Also, many events took place outside. It was always hot and humid. But it was all worth it because I met and became friends with many, many people from around the world. Additionally, hearing them express their amazement when reviewing the comprehensive compilation of photos was extremely rewarding. – less
Creative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2013
Pros: customer satisfaction
Cons: scheduling
First things first! Walk the store to make sure that all displays and rigs are in place and dressed representing the brand. If anything is missing then I replace the item or clothing to be ready that we are ready for the work day. Make sure that all creative props are in place or replaced as needed. I also walk the store windows to be sure that the – more... window displays are up to company standards. – less
Fun working invironment
Event Staff (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2013
Fun people to work with and to be around. The supervisors were very understanding and helped to make things easy to handle.
very productive but cant keep hours
Laborer (Former Employee), Tipp City, OHJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: very helpful if you dont know what your doing
Cons: hours
they are very friendly but cant give you the hours you should have. i was getting sent home 4 out of 5 times each week because they didnt have work.
Creative is a growing company with a fast-paced work environment. I gained more knowledge and skills at this job than any other! Great work family!
Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: laid back work environment, great office family, and creative freedom!
Cons: small company with a very large clientele-resulted in an overwhelming workload for everyone.
A typical day consisted of the following: shopping/researching merchandise, generating quotes, producing purchase orders, communicating with customers over the phone and through email, creating designs for print, pick-pack-and shipping product, invoicing, and following up with customers.
Fun Company
Staff Investigator (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: laid back dress code
Cons: healthcare benefits
Fun atmosphere, laid back dress policy, horrible benefits package
First job, allowed for advancement
VOLUNTEER RELIGIOUS EDUCATION TEACHER (Former Employee), Lombard, ILNovember 13, 2012
Pros: good schedule
Cons: short breaks
Taught 3 hours of religious education to preschoolers each Sunday. Management was organized, but not exactly in the picture. Co-workers worked with other classes, but everyone was kind and shared their advice about teaching children. Not a difficult job, loved working with children.
Great Internship, Just wish it was a career path
The Northway Group, Creative Designer (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: the day flew by, great experience
Cons: unpaid...
Was an amazing way to experience what being your own boss was like. Fast paced and highly deadline oriented, it pushed you hard and took no prisoners. That's what I love though. Putting my all into something from conception to finish. At the end you can step back and smile at the big picture.
great pay!!!!
Receptionist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2012
easy job, answer phones and schedule appointments all day. theres nothing hard about it.
serious workers
warehouse assocaite (Former Employee), atlantaAugust 21, 2012
Pros: free drink at lunch
Cons: healthcare
a company with high reputation for its workers and its customers
A hard worker
Recycling Truck Driver (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2012
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: health ins.
IM a hard worker just looking For a job where i can grow!! i would Drive Truck on a route!!!
Sipping on the Kool Aid
Family Room Specialist (Former Employee), Huntington, NYJuly 3, 2012
Pros: pretty fun teaching old people how to use a computer
Cons: management questions your commitment to the brand.
Apple is a fun place to work, but it becomes unbearable once you realize that you work with a ton of people who love the company as much as a family member.

Major turnoff.
Workspace is small but great
Web Designer (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDJune 27, 2012
I scan files and publish or export them as pdf files. When I am done I upload them in a table online. What i learned in this job is different ways to export and upload files. I am my own manger and It is a great experenice. I have no other co-worker. the hardest part about the job is that i have to scan each paper. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... is that i get to work in my PJ. – less
very fun and productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 17, 2012
over all i really enjoyed working at the hair salon. the customers were nice and calm. i would assist my manager by washing, styling and dealing with the cash and appointments
Rewarding place to work.
Creative (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 12, 2012
Great place to work with outstanding benefits for retail. As a Creative you teach new Apple owners about their devices with a hands-off approach and discovery based attitude.
Always new and interesting design challenges, immediate and future goals to reach, and exciting possibilities to invent.
Senior Designer (05-10) Designer 96-05) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2012
Pros: great benefits, security reasonable with union, coworkers great, work ethic terrific, university mission great, opportunity to learn great (diminished recently)
Cons: workload 3x industry, long hours by personal choice for result, average-pay lower than industry, undervalued as division
Impact on rating

management:
would rate 3starr 96-05
would rate 5starr 04-09
would rate 1starr 09-10

A typical day at work so often relied on a current management, which I had the opportunity to see morph over a decade and a half.

What remained fairly consistent early on--and was ultimately sustaining, awesome and motivating--was a responsible, respectful – more... and passionate set of core co-workers. Our team's creative strengths dovetailed, our goals and passion for quality and work ethic meshed. We therefore supported each other and were the most enjoyable parts of the job. Together ideas flowed, we shared new information and systems, worked together to gain healthy deadlines for a massive number of projects (3 tis. industry standard). Mutual respect reigned. Most of us loved our work.

Client relationships were also an extremely rewarding part of our job.
Better communication reaped better design solutions and as assignments changed our team helped pass on best practice consistency. All led to support brand integrity and cross-division systems.

Initially our management handled business, supported production and was typically hands-off on creative. As management changed, it acknowledged and supported our creative teamwork. Creative challenges abounded. Awards and recognition within and without followed. Support for our deadline efforts now held a place for the creative effort and we had support for deadline delays from clients. Most clients acknowledged their part in delay process and a metamorphosis was evident and celebrated in product and service!

As new management changed again, an agenda to streamline the client interaction prevailed and efficiency became the motivator for a process world. Discovery and creative process conflicted with the integrity of a streamlined consistent production process. Change to this process became the norm for dynamic and current efficiency needs and reasons.

A general comment would be the review summary. The job was consistently the same in its required results throughout/ it was severely different in its satisfied client ratio, perceived value, and environmental and morale quotient depending on the management style of the period. – less