CredAbility Employee Reviews

helping homeowners try to save their homes from Foreclosure
Supervisor Ana Hernandez (Former Employee) –  tampa, FLAugust 15, 2015
take and make phone calls daily for persons who are about to lose their homes to foreclosure. also worked on the Florida's hardest hit phone line, in order to be able to help people have a zero or lower payment for 6-12 months.

Hardest part of the job was having to tell someone they did not qualify for help...
Pros
benefits, hours, wonderful people to work with and for
Cons
longevity
Brent Bishop who was a great supervisor.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 4, 2015
I have been working with the SCSEP (Senior Community Service Employment Program) program through Goodwill. CredAbility was a great joy to work at. After merging with ClearPoint things went down hill as far as making their employees feel safe in their jobs.During this time I have learned a lot and upgraded my knowledge of Office work. I totally enjoy most any kind of office work.
management
DOCUMENT SUBMISSION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2014
management sucks. they are rude and liars. the overall company say its for the clients but its mostly for themselves
Great people to work with but don't plan on advancing
Early Intervention Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2013
The team spirit among the workers, both on my team and in the other areas is tremendous. It is like a family.

However, for the most part, you will be stuck in the same position as you started in the agency. The middle to upper management people switch areas but the most part, no one gets a true advancement.

The HR people are by far the worse of any place I've ever worked. From outright rudeness, emails that don't get replied to, lying, you are taking a chance that your question would be answered

Pros
friendly people
Cons
job security, little chance for advancement
Very busy
Counselor 1 (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaMay 6, 2013
A typical day is very busy but I love this it keeps my min working and challenged
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no overtime
No Training or Job opportunties
Housing Counselor-Pre-Foreclosure Prevention (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2013
A typical day at Credability was overworked and underpaid with no training. I learned that you have to be ready to train yourself. The management had no idea what they were doing. Co-workers were great some a little over the top but overall great co-workers. The hardest part of the job is knowing that you have no support from the management regardless of what you do you are going to get laid off. The most enjoyable part was actually helping some clients even when the job was just numbers base and managment was only interested numbers not in helping anybody. More numbers more money
Pros
free lunches some times
Cons
the values and mission of the job was untrue!
Great place!!
Director, Project Management Office (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2013
For a non-profit CredAbility is a great place to work. Compensation was good, the culture is very warm and people oriented.
Pros
great culture, work life balance
Cons
funding pressures (true for most non-profits)
great company
Housing Counselor Level 2 (Former Employee) –  OrlandoFebruary 21, 2013
this is a wonderful place to work, You are doing work that is important and worthwhile.
Pros
a worthwhile job
Cons
hours can change every six months
Great co-workers hard working and unfortunately over looked
Document Submission Specialist Level 1 Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2013
I had a good time working and learning my position I love helping people and I was able to created a good structure for the company to succeed until the communication we had between workers and management just hit a wall and "for the better of the company" they made changes that threatened everyone. People that worked there plus 5-10 years were simply demoted, schedule agreements severed, and "cross-trained" meaning yet more work and no compensation. Over loaded employees were now subject to making inevitable infractions giving a company plausible reason to fire anyone regardless of the employees loyalty.
Pros
location in atlanta is great, location in cobb, the people
Cons
you get to learn your position well, only to be sent to another departments and they replace you with someone that was done the same.
Very sad situation
Former Certified Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  AtlantaNovember 26, 2012
We used to be a great place to work. We cared about our clients and had Management that cared about us. This is no longer true. Most Senior Counselors were laid off or driven away. Managers have never counseled and therefore have no idea what clients need. Policies are written and then changed often. I no longer refer clients to them.
benefits
Cons
overworked, overtired, uncaring management
Review
CERTIFIED Housing, Budget & Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sugarloaf, GeorgiaAugust 6, 2012
Offered financial, credit, housing, and personal counseling to local, state, and national populations on programs and services. Provided resources to people with diverse problems. Developed Debt Management programs, analyzed facts, identified problems through evaluation and made recommendations based on fact-finding. Provided money-management education through online courses, seminars, workplaces, churches, and civil organizations. Provided budget and credit counseling for bankruptcy fillers nationwide.
Pros
training, excellent leadership, fun
Cons
limited growth opportunities
Not what you think
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2012
Company is a revolving door: company hires and lays off people at record numbers.
Pleasant Non Profit
Mortgage, Credit, and Budget Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2012
Friendly and relaxed. Dress casual, call center work, Nothing more to say. I answered phone calls, educated people about their mortgage related options, some times spoke with a mortgage company, advised people to fix their budgets.
Pros
nice hours, pay reflects the work load, low stress.
Cons
not alot of room for promotions
Great place to work helping people in financial difficulties.
Certified Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2012
A typical day at work involved meeting with clients to assess their financial situations and advised them about how to manage their finances better and how to get out of debt. I learned about how to manage my own money better, the importance of saving and planning for future expenses and emergencies. Some managers were great to work with, some were not. I got along well with all my co-workers, we were like a family in the office. The hardest part is the time constraint, the sessions last for an hour and some clients would have different issues that we need to work on and so sessions would run over at times. the job can also be emotionally-draining. The enjoyable part of the job include my co-workers who were supportive and we all worked well together, I also derived a lot of pleasure when I know I have helped someone become better at budgeting, saving and paying off their debt.
Ok place to work for the short term/not a career move.
Employee (Former Employee) –  atlantaMarch 8, 2012
No work/life balance, no flexibility with schedules. No advancement opportunities or recognition for exceptional work. Very low pay for the work load, and very generic counseling. Their goal is to service heavy volumes of clients , not to help.
Pros
ability to help people in need.
Cons
(some) very incompetant management, no advancement opportunities, low pay.

2.4