Credit Acceptance Corporation Employee Reviews

Ever changing environment, friendly
Front End Collector (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2015
Friendly staff and management. Number driven but fair compensation. Allowed room for growth, personal development and training. Flexible work schedule.
Pros
Generous benifit package.
Cons
The work itself can be stressful
I am okay skipping this
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 28, 2016
A wise man once said nothing. I am okay not reviewing this company because my mom told me if you have nothing good to say, don't say it.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
No comment.
uneasy and harsh management
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2015
the companies benefits are great and the flexibility is wonderful. However management SUCKS! In a typical work day of 8 hors you only get 30 minutes in breaks and if you go over just or a restroom stop you are penalized, the supervisors are constantly changing and are not given the proper training so they all are not on the same page and give different information when asked a question, and if you go based off of THEIR incorrect answer you are penalized. The company has no respect for the employee they don't care if you are being verbally threatened on a call you have to sit through it you cannot disconnect the call even if you go through the proper channels. The Detroit office is in competition with the Las Vegas office which cause the supervisors to micro-manage each team member. The management team does nothing to help employees when a issues takes place. If i were to go above my supervisor and talk to my manager about a issues I tried to resolve myself he would refer me back to my supervisor I already got no help from and talk at me or down to me instead of helping me. Everyone in the office is dating each other which causes conflict of interest as well the company has great great great benefits but I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this place plus there is a high turnover rate.
Pros
workplace activities, PTO, benefits, bonuses
Cons
NO breaks, force you to befriend everyone in the office, Supervisors are not well trained, and everyone in the company is dating each other, they show favoritism in the office
Great Place to Work
Senior Redemption Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 3, 2015
Credit Acceptance is a great company over all. Very professional environment. A typical day at work consists of assisting customers whose vehicles have been repossessed and assist them with getting the vehicle back. It is very rewarding knowing that I am helping someone and letting them know that I am happy to work with them, regardless of their current situation. I have learned supervisor responsibilities, assisting in training environments as well as building team morale. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customer when they think that all is lost and they are unable to get their vehicle back.
Pros
benefits, one of the top great places to work by forbes, very flexible
Cons
micro managing
Good Company
Market Area Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2015
This is a company doing very well back east, but has not made the necessary adjustments in southern calif.

Work day consisted of 80% prospecting 20% maintenance, I learned a great deal about how to not only manage my accounts, but my time as well, to get the most out of each work day. Periodically had team meetings to fine tune our initial training and traveled twice a year for the SLE (Sales Leadership Events) back in Detroit.
There was quite a bit of driving as I was in charge of a territory a long way from home and quite big in size. The best part was helping a company to see the value in our program and helping them to achieve their goals. It was Great being part of a winning team.
Pros
pay/ benefits / work schedule
Cons
lagistics
Fun place to work I love that company
Senior Oracle Developer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 4, 2015
Friendly working environment and company upper management team working very hard to make it as one of the top 100 best place to work company in the United State. Great place to work indeed.
Market Managers
Market area manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 9, 2013
These positions are the back bone of the company yet they are treaded like the lower class citizens. If you look at all of the positive ratings, you will see that is of the people that work in the corporate office not market area managers.
There is constant turn over in this position with no growth.
benefits
Cons
mis management and lack of constant direction
Fun workplace, with great perks.
Data Entry Clerk/Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 1, 2012
A typical day at work was busy, I learned how to process loan applications, reference sheets, etc. Management team was okay. My coworkers were great people to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet my quotas. The most enjoyable part(s) of my job were meeting my goals, coming in to work everyday to accomplish my goals, and to see my coworkers.
I understand why we have received the Great Place to work award
Front End Senior Collector (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 26, 2015
Credit Acceptance Corp is a great place to work especially because of flexible schedule and bonus plan. Management is easy to approach as well.
Pros
Many celebrations
Cons
Weekend hours
CAC offers a very good work environment with great staff, equipment and perks.
customer service rep in the payment department (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NevadaFebruary 2, 2012
I love working for this company because they give you opportunities. It has a lot of wonderful work benefits where you dont have to wait a full 90 days to get them, would work with you if you ran into an emergency and had to take some time off during the week to make it up. we had bonus incentives .
Pros
cash bonus and lots of other incentives.
Cons
meet you calls per day criteria .
Great job but horrible management
Market Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 8, 2015
I loved this job. The autonomy of being in the field and working with dealers was an immeasurable experience. The management leaves a great deal to be desired.
OK company
Auction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 27, 2014
Top ranked company both regionally and nationally, but has some issues in the back end servicing departments with employee satisfaction. This is due to a non engaged Sr. VP, who is not strongly concerned with his employees and is introverted. Pay is lower in some areas. Hires a high percentage of minorities with plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
freedom, stability
Cons
salay, non engaged vp
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 15, 2015
The facility has several pro's for employees such as:
Free coffee all day
Entertainments room with comfy chairs and huge TV and computer
Big break room
Sleep room, where people could take naps in recliners
Pros
Double time on major holidays
Great Place to Work
Credit and Dealer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 21, 2014
I enjoy working at Credit Acceptance because of it's listening culture. As an employee there you are not just a worker, but you have a voice. There is a family environment there as well that makes it a joy to come to work everyday.
CAC is really a great place to work
Senior Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 18, 2015
I am very grateful to have worked in such a beautiful and wonderful place. I have never been so full field with working with a company.
Pros
CAC is very flexible and understands the importance of having the home work balance
Cons
There are not many cons I, the only thing I would say is the constant changes. But that's with every call center.
A Company that values their employees!
Senior Collector (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 13, 2014
Credit Acceptance is a great place to work and takes pride in the staff. They keep everyone up-to-date on changes within the company and look for employee feedback to make the workplace better.
Pros
fun workplace, great management
Cons
sometimes slow work can lead to low bonus.
Pro: Fun workplace, Great Co-workers
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 26, 2013
Typical Day come in follow work process
Learned about corporate America process
Management can be really good
Co-workers enjoyed friendly and approachable
Challenging to repeat same tasks daily and performance based commission
Most enjoyable are work activities and working for a top 100 company to work for
Productive Fun Workplace
Loan Servicing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 2, 2013
This is a great company that values it's team members. It has a great work/life balance and there is ample opportunity to learn various functions of the company.
Exceptional place to work
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2013
Typical day: Taking inbound, outbound calls 90+days
Learned: Credit card collections, solving and negotiating arrangement
Management: Worked with several supervisors, all whom were very
easy to work with and approach
Hardest part: Having to leave the company
Most enjoyable: Working with great people
Fun place to work
Legal Support Clerk, Dealer Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 10, 2014
Great co-workers and awesome management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the dealerships.

4.3